It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Some Will Never Understand The Bible.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
reply to post by bogomil

Other than getting banned, which is someone else's choice, you can log off and stay off, or you can limit the sub-forums you visit.

Please piss off with your meaningless 'tactical' suggestions.

He is right though. You complain but yet remain. Toughen up old man, I know you still got some life left. Just because you get smacked around by a few people doesn't mean that you should just throw away all the hard work you have given to the forum. Maybe if you stopped using the same rebuttals over and over again then we might respect your comments a little more.

In all honesty, your comments never make sense to me, which is why I have stop replying to your post. Nevertheless, feel free to bash my threads anytime if it makes you feel better.

And getting banned won't help your cause, you'll just be slandered with now way to defend yourself.

edit on 25-10-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

You either haven't read my post concerning my motives and aims, or you are too stupid to understand it. But that's your problem, not mine.

I read them, and all I hear is whining

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

Other than getting banned, which is someone else's choice, you can log off and stay off, or you can limit the sub-forums you visit.

He is right though. You complain but yet remain. Toughen up old man, I know you still got some life left. Just because you get smacked around by a few people doesn't mean that you should just throw away all the hard work you have given to the forum. Maybe if you stopped using the same rebuttals over and over again then we might respect your comments a little more.

In all honesty, your comments never make sense to me, which is why I have stop replying to your post. Nevertheless, feel free to bash my threads anytime if it makes you feel better.

And getting banned won't help your cause, you'll just be slandered with now way to defend yourself.

You either haven't read my post concerning my motives and aims, or you are too stupid to understand it. But that's your problem, not mine.

And anyone familiar with and able to understand my stardard level of posting (which apparantly is beyond you, I remember once having to teach you the simplest of all, the difference between faith and facts), can see that what I'm doing presently is to present a mirror-reflection of evangelist invasiveness and idiocy.

You are up against a travesty of your own incompetence.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
In the name of the great noodlemaster, when will the socalled moderators start to 'moderate'?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

And anyone familiar with and able to understand my stardard level of posting (which apparantly is beyond you, I remember once having to teach you the simplest of all, the difference between faith and facts), can see that what I'm doing presently is to present a mirror-reflection of evangelist invasiveness and idiocy.

You are up against a travesty of your own incompetence.

Sounds good, but let's not go over board, you may think you had to teach me something just because I asked for references, but in no way have you taught me anything. Well I take that back, you did enlighten me about your missionary efforts of turning the world into some kind of democracy.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

In the name of the great noodlemaster, when will the socalled moderators start to 'moderate'?

Try praying about it, always works for me

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

You wrote:

["but in no way have you taught me anything."]

No, that's pretty obvious. Your predetermined 'answers' are so rigid, that it would take some kind of heavy demolition equipment to change them.

That you absurdly seem to be proud of your constant ignorance doesn't surprise me. Sociopathic elitism never changes.

Quote: ["Well I take that back, you did enlighten me about your missionary efforts of turning the world into some kind of democracy."]

Which I still do, as a counter-measure to the theocratic nonsense you spout.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

That verse was a metaphor. The bible is full of metaphors, allusions, parables etc. They used what they called "word play" in those days. Jesus is not a tyrant, he is God in person, the prophecied Immanu'el. The jews were expecting King David#2 and what they got instead was Jesus who preached non-violence, to love your enemies as you love your friends and to forgive those whom offend you and he also taught if you live by the sword you shall die by the sword. Hardly the words of a tyrant. The jews were expecting a conqueror not a teacher for a messiah which is why they couldn't see their God walking amoung them. This is where the ancient kings got the idea of dressing up like beggars and walking amoung their people so that they could get a feel for how their people felt about them.
edit on 25-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

To bad it's not working.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You wrote:

["That verse was a metaphor. The bible is full of metaphors, allusions, parables etc."]

Which can be interpretated any old way, with a good deal of insane fanatism involved.

Quote: ["They used what they called "word play" in those days."]

Some contemporary christians STILL live in the age of scholasticism. Amongst them you.

Quote: ["Jesus is not a tyrant, he is God in person, the prophecied Immanu'el."]

Only in your tunnel-reality based on circular reasoning and assumptions from your mythological manual.

Quote: ["The jews were expecting King David#2 and what they got instead was Jesus who preached non-violence, to love your enemies as you love your friends and to forgive those whom offend you and he also taught if you live by the sword you shall die by the sword. Hardly the words of a tyrant. The jews were expecting a conqueror not a teacher for a messiah which is why they couldn't see their God walking amoung them."]

And what has that to do with the part of mankind, which is exposed to a steady pushing of christian fascism?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

To bad it's not working.

Considering your general low level of real knowledge, your OPINIONS on political philosophy and -reality are equally irrelevant.
edit on 25-10-2011 by bogomil because: typo

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

To bad it's not working.

your OPINIONS on political philosophy and -reality are equally irrelevant.
edit on 25-10-2011 by bogomil because: typo

Apparently not because you can't seem to stay away, something must be relevant.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I don't have to be a nazist to relate somehow to nazism.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Really?? So I guess your saying you can relate to the Christian doctrine now
. But isn't that a little contradictory on your part?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

What new nonsense is this? It's perfectly possibly to have knowledge about something without being a zombified fanatic on the premises of that knowledge.

The first is called education, having information and capacity to handle it. The other is called brainwashing.
edit on 25-10-2011 by bogomil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

What new nonsense is this? It's perfectly possibly to have knowledge about something without being a zombified fanatic on the premises of that knowledge.

The first is called education, having information and capacity to handle it. The other is called brainwashing.

Then I guess we're both zombified fanatics who are brainwashed, because your stuck on your opinions and I'm stuck on mine and I don't think either will change. Maybe we're both lost.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Then I guess we're both zombified fanatics who are brainwashed, because your stuck on your opinions and I'm stuck on mine and I don't think either will change. Maybe we're both lost.

One of the last-resort christian dumb-answers. If there are no visible 'absolutes' let everything be wishy-washy relativism instead. 'Doctrinally' square wheels are as good as round wheels, and the observable existence and laws of gravity can be ignored, because gravity

1/ Possibly doesn't exist in a scientifically trans-cosmic existence (and such knowledge can be hijacked and twisted by ignorant theists for their own irrational purposes).

2/ Your fabulated 'god' can transcend gravity according to your mindset interpretation of the holy mythological manual.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

One of the last-resort christian dumb-answers. If there are no visible 'absolutes' let everything be wishy-washy relativism instead. 'Doctrinally' square wheels are as good as round wheels, and the observable existence and laws of gravity can be ignored, because gravity

1/ Possibly doesn't exist in a scientifically trans-cosmic existence (and such knowledge can be hijacked and twisted by ignorant theists for their own irrational purposes).

2/ Your fabulated 'god' can transcend gravity according to your mindset interpretation of the holy mythological manual.

The hate in your heart towards the Christian doctrine is truly amazing. Give it a rest old man, your not hurting any feelings over here.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Poor bogomil tries to inject noise into thread after thread, and manages to derail the stated topic. He really does need to be banned. Real discourse is almost impossible anymore. At least on this thread, he tends to prove the thread title. If not banned outright, he needs to be restricted to the "Rant" sub-forum.

Take up the call!

Ban! Ban! Ban!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You wrote:

["The hate in your heart towards the Christian doctrine is truly amazing. Give it a rest old man, your not hurting any feelings over here."]

You are either very selective in your reading of posts, or you have some reading-skill problems.

I don't 'hate' christian doctrines. I 'hate' all kinds of ideological fascists. Take away your filters and look around on this forum.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Poor bogomil tries to inject noise into thread after thread, and manages to derail the stated topic. He really does need to be banned. Real discourse is almost impossible anymore. At least on this thread, he tends to prove the thread title. If not banned outright, he needs to be restricted to the "Rant" sub-forum.

Take up the call!

Ban! Ban! Ban!

Thanks a lot for supporting my stated aim. Maybe you're not quite as stupid, as I suspected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join