It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldier Steps on IED In Afghanistan (Graphic Head Cam Footage) October 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
American Soldier Steps on IED In Afghanistan

This video is just a short clip of the full gory version, of a American soldier, who steps on a IED in Afghanistan, and gets blown up pretty bad, and has half his face blown off, foot and most of his arm, it's filmed by a another soldiers head cam, and highlights how dangerous it is in Afghanistan, and why its time to end the pointless conflict, and any young person, who wants to join the military, should watch this, to show, its not a Xbox game, this is real dangerous sh!t.

(WARNING Graphic)

Here is the full 30+ min version, on Michael Yon blog, were other marines, struggle to keep this poor guy alive, while they wait for a evac. WARNING VERY GRAPHIC.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

So the point in showing this is to warn people from joining the military if they are unprepared for this type of accident? I am wondering what the reason for re-posting graphic damage to an individual, an American soldier, I mean what value it has..beyond the disturbing graphic?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

So the point in showing this is to warn people from joining the military if they are unprepared for this type of accident? I am wondering what the reason for re-posting graphic damage to an individual, an American soldier, I mean what value it has..beyond the disturbing graphic?

I think that was the point and you know what? i agree i noicted a few people if you want to call them gamers after the beta of battlefield 3 alot or most of them on the net said they would love and want join the military without thinking what waits them in a war zone

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I've made it quite clear what the contents are, and its up to you as a adult, on whether you want to view it, this site is about alternative news, and this is news and footage you won't get or see on MSM.

Also its ok to watch afghans or Iraqi's or Libyans get blown up, or shot, but not ok to show western soldiers, and yes this is to highlight the dangers our soldiers face daily, its no good pretending this doesn't happen ?

This was no accident either, it was a well placed IED with intent of doing what it did.

edit on 20-10-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The guy that got hit was Afghan National Army not US.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Most young people or who just enlisted think it's all a videogame till reality kicks in..

I haven't been sent anywhere yet, but i have been shown video's like this to realise what my job is about and the dangers that can happen. Be VERY thoughtfull if you choose this career, it's not all fun and being a cool army dude..

And don't forget the family members or friends that you leave behind when you ship for a country like Afganistan, waiting everyday for that letter that tells them you won't come back home.. Think about them, having to deal with that pressure before you sign up!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Elexio because: extra text

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

That doesn't make it less horrible..

2nd line

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I worked with the Military and it is a sad part of the brave job that they do, they should not be in these countries if it was about freedom and not oil then they would be in Somalia or Syria. Makes me sick that talented young men lose their lives for oil and greed

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
He is in a war, what does he expect? i am suprised we have not seen more attacks on mainlands by our enemies.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by newcovenant

I think that was the point and you know what? i agree i noicted a few people if you want to call them gamers after the beta of battlefield 3 alot or most of them on the net said they would love and want join the military without thinking what waits them in a war zone

That's Because games are made with the help of psychologist & psychiatrist. Game makers what more then just money and a Hit game. they Want YOU!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Elexio

I was just clarifying because op's tittle says American soldier.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Ok, my bad mate! sorry for "flaming" you! ;-)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Your right, it is a afghan fighting for that American unit, but as Elexio said, it doesn't make it any less disturbing.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
figures,

what, did they run out of others types of americans to put at front line convoy??

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

With or without video games, what 19 year old kid doesn't think they're invincible on some level?

Mortality awareness is a hard lesson, and for many, just another video on youtube is going to be just another video on youtube.

War is sad and horrific. Horrible things can, will, and do happen.
Thank you for the post OP. I'm all for less war, but, with all the rumor and MSM hawking for war with Iran, I doubt peace will come any time soon.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I dont understand why anyone would want to join the army just from playing a video game.

I played a lot of Defender, Pong, Pac-Man, and Altered Beast yet I never wanted to be an astronaut, tennis player, drug addict, or gay.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

"I am wondering what the reason for re-posting graphic damage"

So people can watch it?.. videos are sometimes posted for that reason..lol

Graphic bloody footage like this should be on news every hour.. 60s media on steroids.. it's the reality of tax funded GOP & DNC foreign policy... exported violence.

The oligarchs learned from Vietnam.. average people don't like seeing gruesome realities of war.. like 1930s Germany, time to hide the war dead. Nazis embedded reporters too... knowing they'd bond, and reporters would have an aversion to negatively reporting on the friendly guys with guns in a war zone.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

I dont understand why anyone would want to join the army just from playing a video game.

The reason for that is because the Game Makers are working with the us military & the military noticed how the new ace combat assault horizon enemy are the russians yet again?

In Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 at first i thought it was great at the start of first single player mission the enemy wasnt russia but rather a fictional rich oil country, later on in the game the real enemy is a russian Vladimir R. Makaro

He is a terrorist and also a Ultranationalist leader, replacing Imran Zakhaev. In the "No Russian" mission, he and his team, including undercover CIA agent Joseph Allen, attack Zakhaev International Airport in Moscow, killing a large number of civilians and Russian police. In the end of the mission, Makarov, aware of Allen's true identity, kills the agent, leaving him behind to be discovered by Russian police, leading the Russians to believe that it was a U.S. led attack, causing a war between Russia and the United States. At the end of the game, he supplies Price and MacTavish with intel leading them to Shepherd's location, albeit reluctantly, and goes into hiding.

Once again Video Games Russians are been pointed as true real enemies

I did enjoy the Ace Combat serires a few years back because the world's storyline and loactions were mostly fictionals.

This is all part of the military recruitment pogram teach them while they are still young, i should note that in the online game of battlefield 2 back in 2006 or 2004 the US Air Force created an online tournament for the gamers.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

You seem to neglect the fact that this land mine was planted by Terrorists on a civilian agricultural field.
An innocent civilian, or worse, a child could have stepped on this land mine.
The Islamic terrorists do not care for nothing, including their own.
As long as someone, anyone is blown to pieces, they will be happy.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Okay wow. I guess mainstream games have changed a lot. Like okay, I do see them but I usually dont pay much attention to them because I stick to playing and programming arcade styles games and I usually play games from Nintendo who's most violent character is a pink ball that sucks and blows.

I never really realized how important game story lines are these days. I think the most story I ever read in a game was the agony of waiting for Castlevania SOTN to start up.

The game industry is REALLY changing... I'm in it and I dont even know what's going on lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join