It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money Bomb of Biblical Proportions: October 19 for Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Judge Napalitano, a Fox News analyst who's has a show focusing on dangers of eroding freedoms in the USA, is one of thousands of people across the internet who have blacked out his face on his internet profile both in protest of the "Ron Paul media blackout", and in favor of an enormously hyped "money bomb" donation drive to take place on October 19th in what is expected to be Ron Paul's biggest donation day by a wide margin.
See blacked out profile at: www.facebook.com...

To understand just how biased the media is against Ron Paul and the degree he is ignored, first consider Ron Paul's position within the national polls. The guy polling last is Jon Huntsman, who scored 0% to 3% in recent national polls. Ron Paul has scored 5% to 13%, and is in a tie with Newt Gingrich for forth place in the middle of the pack. See a chart of the polling at:
www.realclearpolitics.com...

So, despite being in 4th place by what could be considered a large margin of victory over the bottom tier, Ron Paul gets the very least coverage of any candidate!
1. A Pew Research study shows Ron Paul getting the least news coverage of any candidate.
Source: www.journalism.org...
2. A University of Minnesota study showed Ron Paul gets the least face time on televised debates, including
Source: blog.lib.umn.edu...

But, even when the news media covers Paul, they tend to put a ridiculous spin against him in the stories. Consider this collage of headlines:
"Cain comes in 2nd to Paul in straw poll of social conservaties; Santorum places 3rd." Washington Post
"Paul and Cain Win Values Voter Straw Poll" Fox News (Herman Cain actually finished 2nd by a fair margin!)
"Value Voters straw poll organiizers suggest a fix in Ron Paul's win" ... "suggest ballot stuffing may have scewed results" CBS News
"Around 3,000 people took part in the Value Voter Summit Straw Poll today and the results more or less confirm the absolute uselessness of these political excersizes." NYmag.com
Source: www.ronpaulforums.com...

However when Herman Cain won a Florida straw poll, the media showered him with praise and more rarely used the phrase "non-binding" to describe the poll.
Example 1: www.politico.com...
Example 2: www.csmonitor.com...

In 2007, Ron Paul made very big waves in the media with a "money bomb" event that generated about $6 million for his campaign in a single day. Ron Paul now has over twice as much support, and a money bomb scheduled for October 19th will make for a very interesting day for Ron Paul's campaign, who is already in the process of getting big media attention for his "Restore America" plan to cut $1 Trillion from Federal spending.

More people than Ron Paul's 2007 money bomb event have pledged to donate to Paul's campaign on October 19, but after having been asked to donate early and delivered on that request, will Paul supporters be able to pull through with the big number like the one achieved in 2007? But on the other hand, support for Ron Paul has more than doubled leaving room for growth. But, most people are much worse off financially due to the economy. So, I'm very interested to hear opinions of how Ron Paul may do tomorrow and whether his campaign can take off with the combination of the money bomb and a new "Restore America" financial plan for the USA budget. Will this be a break-out event for Ron Paul?

Please flag the heck out of this thread to make it an epic one to match the epicness of the October 19 "Black THIS Out" event! You can see the current progress of the money bomb at: www.RonPaul2012.com on the home page.
edit on 18-10-2011 by seachange because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thanks for bring the Money Bomb to our attention. I for one will participate.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Here as well.

Needs to be big.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seachange
However when Herman Cain won a Florida straw poll, the media showered him with praise and never once used the phrase "non-binding" to describe the poll.

Cain's recent victories in non-binding straw polls in Florida and Minnesota...

CTV

Cain was a clear winner in the non-binding poll.

NPR

The key Florida straw poll, which is non-binding, saw longshot candidate and former Godfather's Pizza chief executive Herman Cain beat seven other contenders

AFP

Cain... non-binding voting contest.

CNN

Herman Cain, ... won 37% of 2,657 votes cast in the non-binding straw poll,

marketwatch

Herman Cain scored an upset victory in Florida’s straw poll. The non-binding poll...

newsvirginian

non-binding... Herman Cain...

SMH

Cain... victory in a non-binding straw poll in Florida

BusinessWeek

etc...
Some challenges are too easy.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Unfortunately there seems to be only one choice this election. Will Herman Cain pledge to reduce the number of US overseas bases from 700 to more like 10 or less? No. Nobody on the stage is talking about such an obvious common-sense move except for Ron Paul.

Who on the GOP stage is talking about opening the Federal Reserve Bank up for competition? Ron Paul and only Ron Paul. Yet that is the most important thing that needs to be done in the USA, because the US dollar is going to be ruined just like every fiat currency in world history has been.

Who on the GOP stage proposes cutting the 1.3 trillion deficit to 0.0 trillion? Nobody. Herman Cain wants what, less than 500 billion in cuts? That is a guaranteed financial apocolypse in the works!

The rest of the GOP candidates are just so awful in regards to economics its scary. Normally I think doom and gloom talk is ridiculous. But, if Paul does not win this thing the USA may very well be doomed. Its basic mathematics here at work, not some crazy prediction. I don't know if Romney and Cain simply have no understanding of compound interest, or if they just don't care. Are all the cookie cutter politicians out there evil, grossly incompetent, or criminally negligent? I can't decide which one.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Right on brother...me too! please pledge on the website:

www.blackthisout.com

We all gotta speak up...this is vastly important to show the mainstream media that we're tired of their BS.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think his support has much more than doubled since 2008, honestly. While the media has been busy censoring him and playing games, the truth has been spreading exponentially with the growth of the web and people are beginning to come to their senses on what's actually going on and what needs to be done. This time around people will pay much more attention to 'what' they elect, and the corporate media's influence is only going to become less of a factor as their opinions and credibility continue down the toilet.

Let's see if the media can black this one out. Tomorrow our only limits will be server capacity.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A glimpse into the mind of a diehard Ron Paul supporter.

At 12:01 am on Oct 19th, Ron Paul will receive my entire paycheck!

35 years ago a man came to Washington with one message – restore liberty. Over the succeeding years this humble man has been ridiculed, ostracized, laughed at, and probably most painfully of all – outright ignored. Yet he has never ever wavered from this message.

Think about that for a minute.

Here’s a man who had no hope of ever getting heard – of ever getting credit – of ever accomplishing anything – yet he never gave one inch. Never compromised. Never thought of himself or his legacy. How many of us here could have stood amongst these cretins in Washington – selling their souls and climbing the power ladder - for so long? Without getting co-opted. Without giving up and going home. Without softening the message. Without going off on some half crazed rant that would surely have ended our political career.

The word greatness is thrown around way too much nowadays. I believe we are all witnesses to greatness here. Ron Paul defines greatness. I think about all this man has endured over those 35 years - all for me and my liberty - and I can’t help but break down and cry.

Ron Paul says that this is not about him. He says it’s about the message and that he was just lucky enough to come around at the right time and be a spokesman for the cause. He is right, of course. The message of liberty will endure long after he and you and I are long gone. But he is also, very very wrong. I believe when all is done, this man will have saved a nation – check that – saved a world.

What price can one put on saving a world? One lousy paycheck? Please. My sacrifice for this man is paltry. Our founders pledged their LIVES, their FORTUNES, and their SACRED HONOR. Now THAT’s a pledge!

If you are wrestling with how much to give this October 19th, might I suggest this rule of thumb. Determine how much will completely devastate you and your family for more than a month. Then DOUBLE it. Look your daughter … or your son … or your grandchild squarely in the eye, then ask yourself how much is their future worth to you today?? How much temporary pain are you willing to accept now, so that they can still live in a country that cares about freedom? How much are you willing to die, that they might live? The answer is easy, is it not?

Who here will stand with me? Who here will rise up, throw off the manacles that bind us to our lame excuses, and make this OUR day? Who here will look the person in the mirror and say “If not me, who? If not now, when?” Who here will lay it all on the line for a man who deserves nothing less?

Before Ron Paul, I never gave a dime to another politician. To Ron Paul – I would lay down my life. Will you?

www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seachange

No Disrespect to Mr. Cain , but considering the State of our Nation Right Now , how could Anyone Vote for a Man who has Never held Public Office ? I could not , he is not Qualified IMO .

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Black THIS out! money bomb has only been active for 20 minutes and the grassroots has raised $60 THOUSAND for Ron Paul so far.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
30 Minutes in - 85 grand! Just about ready to send off my donation.

Why you ask?

Because Ron Paul is our last chance at a peaceful revolution.

Thanks to those who have already donated or are planning on doing so.

LAUNCH YOUR GREENBACK MISSILES AT THE NEW WORLD ORDER BY DONATING HERE!
edit on 18-10-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I have never donated to a political campaign before in my life, and I am 53 years old. I will admit that I do not know where Ron Paul stands on all issues, perhaps on not many issues. But I BELIEVE we need change in our government and he definitely advocates change. I will study the issues more, and I might disagree about some things he has said, but the the key to my wallet is change. I have donated early because I believe we need new blood, new ideas and new attitude in Washington. I hope they don't assassinate him.........

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Oct 19,

Just made my donation at 06:57

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidenteIm in!! we really need a change from the norm. I never gave a rats ass about our pres nor their policies. I have been awaken to the one partysplitting us Americans in too two parties. Rep vs Dem. They are the same but want the american people to divide. We truly have become sheep. Spoon fed our ideas. I find it rather disturbing to talk to people and hear the talking points spewed out. I truly believe in the mind manipulation that has be poured upon us. I see it everywhere now. I sometimes think Im going crazy.Does anyone think anymore!

Im awake,aware, and angry. What are we leaving for our children!!! We need real change. Ron Paul is the only answer in this election. Its clear that Obama has been chosen to lead another 4 years by the candidates the Rep are putting forth. Its truly unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The People of America don't and never have picked their President.

This Republic's Royal Families pick the guy who'll make them money and keep their power, via the Electoral College.

The ONLY way Ron Paul could ever be President is if he flew to China and declared America is bankrupt, and he needs to be the new President. The Enlisted military would follow him. And they'd get China's help to stop the Royal Families in America who've squandered our National Resources and Money.

Lincoln only won because he got Russia's Pacific and Atlantic Naval Fleets in Union Ports, to help kill Americans in the south. To keep the northern Royal Families in power.

Lincoln needed a foreign power to help him. George Washington only succeeded because France funded America's Revolutionary War to break from England.

We have a history of requiring a foreign power to overthrow Tyranny and get Freedom.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lost in space

By looking at the chart at the top of www.RonPaulForums.com it looks like there have already been 42,000 donations only 8 hours into the donation drive. Wow! The donations at this point are well over twice as much as previous fund-raisers for this election cycle. Clearly you are not the only first-time "politics donor", though its very impressive to see someone "over the hill" to do that any day of the week. Personally I can say I've never been remotely close giving my money to any other candidate as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I donated, second time. It is now up to $467,000 as of 9:00 am this morning.

Go Paul!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
at 10 AM (CST) the money bomb is up to $690,865.48.....keep going

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by seachange

For the last 2 weeks I have been watching the different networks to hear news of Ron Paul......I was hoping that he would be heard about......and...my conclusion is...there is a definite (blackout) regarding him. TPTB who run the MSM and hold the (money bags) are (of course) behind all of this.

As you all know.....there have been a few Presidential candidates who have won a primary by (write in votes)...let's do this for (Ron Paul) too!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join