It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of the West Wing hole: Is Obama building a super-bunker under the White House

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Mystery of the West Wing hole: Is Obama building a super-bunker under the White House

www.dailymail.co.uk

Workmen have torn up an enormous section of the lawn in front of the White House for a mysterious, top secret project.

Official explanations have ranged from an update of the air conditioning system to something 'security' related.

But that has not stopped speculation that the President is installing something else entirely - from a swimming pool to a spa. Others have guessed it could be an expansion of the presidential bunker, which was originally built in the time of Franklin D Roosevelt.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't think they would be expanding the underground bunker without trying to hide the work. It's to obvious being in the open like it is. Then again, sometimes people will think nothing of it when it is right in front of them.

Could Obama be installing a swimming pool? I cannot believe he would do that but stranger things have happened.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Could Obama be installing a swimming pool?

A swimming pool that launches Minuteman IIIs

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

It doesn't appear to be deep enough for a conventional underground bunker. I also doubt that it would be a pool. Obama would rather go on vacation than use a White House pool.
Interesting. Probably an expansion of the the WH night club.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
It doesn't appear to be deep enough for a conventional underground bunker. I also doubt that it would be a pool. Obama would rather go on vacation than use a White House pool.
Interesting. Probably an expansion of the the WH night club.

They don't say how deep it goes but this project has been going on for 17 months. Whatever it is, it's a BIG project.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
no, there has been a bunker under the white house like forever. are you american? i meanit is common knowledge, I bet ya everything i haev the queen has a bunker under that palace,

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Whatever it is at least China and Russia and Iran now know where to target thanks to the satellite imagery.

There you go folks your tax dollars at work the security and union jobs.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
no, there has been a bunker under the white house like forever. are you american? i meanit is common knowledge, I bet ya everything i haev the queen has a bunker under that palace,

We are talking about an expansion of the current bunker. Reading comprehension is your friend.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Here is an additional link which gives a little more information:

Big Hole in White House Lawn Prompts Equally Big Questions

each day, workers lower massive concrete blocks several stories underground.

So the project goes underground for several stories. And the official story states this is a air conditioning upgrade.
Yeah, right!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It could be a bunker but I'm not so shocked by it if so .. leaders do stuff like this, and have been doing stuff like this for a long time.. Presidents have built bunkers since even before the advent of the nuclear bomb .. Germany has massive underground areas where they were planning to take all of their weapons production underground away from enemy bombers that kept destroying facilities above ground.

They are building this in plain sight however and they've obviously let someone take pictures of the construction.. nothing is being hidden.. so that does make me think it could be more mundane .. if they really wanted to do it in secret, or really wanted to expand the existing bunker they could bring in supplies over time, take them down and expand from the inside.. If this is something secret it's probably more like a distraction... or something you're meant to see.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well if you needed to upgrade or improve the current bunker, in a timely manner, I would hide it in plain site. People can speculate all they want on what exactly it is all day. If something big is right around the corner, then I wouldn't care who saw it or what they thought of it. Tell the people its an A.C. unit and get the thing dug up already.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
Well if you needed to upgrade or improve the current bunker, in a timely manner, I would hide it in plain site. People can speculate all they want on what exactly it is all day. If something big is right around the corner, then I wouldn't care who saw it or what they thought of it. Tell the people its an A.C. unit and get the thing dug up already.

You made some good points there and I can't say I disagree.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Is this part of the jobs bill?

Where'd my stimulus go bro?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Whatever it is at least China and Russia and Iran now know where to target thanks to the satellite imagery.

There you go folks your tax dollars at work the security and union jobs.

Yes, I am sure no one had thought about targeting the White House before this.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Oh the Queenie of the UK has Bunkers plotted all around her palaces and castles, while the rest of us either die or suffer. She will make sure her royal butt is safe that is for sure.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
He needs more space to pile up the dead baby bodies after he sucks their brains out.

That, of course, is just speculation on my part.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Yeah - 'cos a 1 Mt ground burst on the Whitehouse itself wouldn't touch this.....

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Wow, your explanation was fantastic of what and why it couldn't possibly be. Then your suggestion of what it could be really let me down!

Personally, It would be obviously shallow if it were a pool, and surely too out in the open for a President between the crosshairs.

Shallow Bunker...for the purpose of......transport though.....to maybe underground transport system, or...a new Anti-aircraft defense system....Alien landing platform???.....I'm out.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

It's probably an underground parking lot for his pair of million-dollar buses. Are they sure it's concrete they're lowering down there? They're probably slabs of petrified $100 bills and voided cheques payable to China.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What you are seeing is a project started under Bush to put a secure command structure in for communications with the Pentagon and other parts of our government. It will be setup with SIPRnet, JWICS, CRONOS and all the other secret internets. The tunnel is because the cables that are put in will have to have visual inspection ever so many hours to prevent someone from tapping into them. The room will be built to block any known way to eavesdrop. Bush got hacked when he was in the White House and he had many files that showed up from the war on Iraq and so on leaked. They use the robot.txt on the white house website and all the hidden files were found listed. Plus while Bush was in office if he had to do anything Top Secret he had to travel to the Pentagons war room to communicate. Soon Obama wont have to leave his private quarters at the White House to surf the secret government internets or even have to leave to watch a secret mission like that to get Osama Bin Laden.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join