It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignoring Ron Paul Has Reached Comic Proportions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Ignoring Ron Paul Has Reached Comic Proportions

www.newsmax.com

Yesterday the New York Daily News solemnly told its readers that Herman Cain, having just raised $8 million, was third in fundraising in the Republican field, right behind Romney and Perry. Don't they wish.

The truth is that Ron Paul is third and he is the candidate that raised the $8 million, not Herman Cain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Despite being as high as 3rd recently (before Cain's surge), Paul still gets the less time in debates than the guy in 8th!
Source: blog.lib.umn.edu...

When Ron Paul wins a poll its always listed as totally expected, non-binding, and insignificant. When Herman Cain wins a poll its "a sign of strength", "great for coverage", etc.

October 19th Paul supporters have arranged for a protest called "Black this Out" in the form of a massive donation drive that will rival his biggest day ever based on the pledges made. The Ron Paul campaign will be a very interesting thing to watch over the next few days as that builds up.

Thousands of people on Facebook including famous figure Judge Napolitano have actually blacked out their faces to show support of the October 19th event.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I want Ron Paul to win as much as all of you do, but..... we know how it's going to go down don't we?

The candidate that gets the approval from the MSM also has the approval of TPTB, even if we write his name in on the ballot, there is no way they are going to let him in that office.
He wants to take away A TON of profits from major corporations with gov't contracts, and he's not on board with the global market conquest taking place.

Do you really think he has a fair chance in this?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It's like this....I really think that Ron Paul is maybe the last hope America has in a politician.
I don't agree with his every idea or policy, but the major ones - I think America will FALL if we don't stop the wars and do something about the Fed playing fast and loose with US money to gain themselves more power....

So I'd love to see him win, but if it does NOT happen, I want to be able to look at all the people on OWS and the republicans chewing off their own feet and everyone else...and KNOW that they didn't do what they needed to do. If he runs and sees it through - and I hope he sees it through - then we can blame the media for not letting him get his message out and the people for not having the ears to hear it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seachange

If people remember the OWS was suppose to be non political. Then the tide began to turn against Ron Paul supports. It was suppose to be against the banks and then the tide turned in favor of the Fed. Now Obama is publicly using it for his re-election campaign. This entire thing has been created to keep Obamam and his Administration of murders, liars and thieves in power. Don't forget Obama is wallstreet. The actions being carried out show that ist not OWS that has TPTB concerned it is Ron Paul and the populist movement that supports him. TPTB know even if the general public doesn't. It is this movement that is threatening to topple them from their Ivory Towers. Ron Paul supporters are the ones who against the banking cartels, their oligarcy wars being conducted around the planet. They are the ones who support civil rights and are demanding to be rid of the Patriot Act. They are the people demanding to rebuild America with American made products. What TPTB also understand is that Ron Paul supports don't call for this because he does. In reality we are all Ron Paul. This is not about a man. Ron Paul is part of the movement.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Why devote media attention to someone who has no chance of winning? Cain is surging at the moment and getting the lions share of attention. Thats how it work's when Paul is number one in the polls the msm will give him coverage.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Why devote media attention to someone who has no chance of winning? Cain is surging at the moment and getting the lions share of attention. Thats how it work's when Paul is number one in the polls the msm will give him coverage.

Come now...............The media will NEVER give Dr. Paul the Coverage. Even when he does do well,they dont. The only time they gave him any,was when he shocked them with his 6mil money bomb LAST elections................

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It would be nice if Ron Paul ran as a third party candidate, since it looks like he's not going to get the nomination. I'll still vote for him, regardless. Paul said himself he wouldn't in an interview.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I wonder why Republicans would ignore someone who draws his base from the anti-war left, and drug legalization hippies?

Makes no sense?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
It's like this....I really think that Ron Paul is maybe the last hope America has in a politician.
I don't agree with his every idea or policy, but the major ones - I think America will FALL if we don't stop the wars and do something about the Fed playing fast and loose with US money to gain themselves more power....

So I'd love to see him win, but if it does NOT happen, I want to be able to look at all the people on OWS and the republicans chewing off their own feet and everyone else...and KNOW that they didn't do what they needed to do. If he runs and sees it through - and I hope he sees it through - then we can blame the media for not letting him get his message out and the people for not having the ears to hear it.

Did it ever dawn on you Ron Paul supporters that the rest of our ears do indeed work just fine, we hear Ron Paul's message loud & clear and we just don't accept it? Do you really expect the majority of americans to vote for someone who would allow businesses to discriminate at will, or for someone who believes that Medicare & Social Security are unconstitutional? Do you really expect americans to elect someone who thinks our air & water should be utilized like open sewers by corporate interest and energy producers?

Just as was true in the previous election, Ron Paul is going nowhere because of his ideologies, not because of MSM blackouts. The MSM is just doing what most of the rest of America is doing, which is to ignore him.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Did it ever dawn on you Ron Paul supporters that the rest of our ears do indeed work just fine, we hear Ron Paul's message loud & clear and we just don't accept it? Do you really expect the majority of americans to vote for someone who would allow businesses to discriminate at will, or for someone who believes that Medicare & Social Security are unconstitutional? Do you really expect americans to elect someone who thinks our air & water should be utilized like open sewers by corporate interest and energy producers?

Just as was true in the previous election, Ron Paul is going nowhere because of his ideologies, not because of MSM blackouts. The MSM is just doing what most of the rest of America is doing, which is to ignore him.

Or Maybe,the rest of America has forgotten on what their Constitutional rights are. Have you ever thought of that? They Let GOVERNMENT run their lives,to the point of what we have today. Maybe the majority,needs their hands held,or needs to rely on the Government,but I believe the real change this Country needs,is to go back to what we were founded on. Many who support Dr. Paul believe that also. Thats what he truly believes. America didnt ignore Obama or Bush.........because they have always been good little suckers,who rely on promises. Who rely on lies. Its like getting the same gift at Christmas..........America gets more of the same,because its package,ALWAYS changes,but the contents dont.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

You only hear what you wanna hear.
Even though he thinks that SS and Medicare are unconstitutional, he says we can't just do away with it. He wants to make it a voluntary program. And he says that issues like protecting the air and water (and most others) should be controlled by the individual states not the federal government.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Or Maybe,the rest of America has forgotten on what their Constitutional rights are. Have you ever thought of that? They Let GOVERNMENT run their lives,to the point of what we have today. Maybe the majority,needs their hands held,or needs to rely on the Government,but I believe the real change this Country needs,is to go back to what we were founded on. Many who support Dr. Paul believe that also. Thats what he truly believes. America didnt ignore Obama or Bush.........because they have always been good little suckers,who rely on promises. Who rely on lies. Its like getting the same gift at Christmas..........America gets more of the same,because its package,ALWAYS changes,but the contents dont.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Ya'll keep talking all this crap about preservation of our constitution while it's your party that exist in a constant state of offering up constitutional amendments to change it. Everything from amendments banning gay marriage and abortions to the total repeal of the 14th and 17th amendments. Please!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxxxxy
reply to post by Flatfish

You only hear what you wanna hear.
Even though he thinks that SS and Medicare are unconstitutional, he says we can't just do away with it. He wants to make it a voluntary program. And he says that issues like protecting the air and water (and most others) should be controlled by the individual states not the federal government.

Just because he says he can't do away with Medicare and S.S. doesn't change the fact that he would if he could or if the opportunity arose.

When you leave things like pollution standards or minimum wage standards to the individual states it only invites a race to the bottom. Instead of cleaning up their business, polluting companies instead migrate towards the states with the most lenient pollution standards where they can dump their toxic waste at will, or they move to the states with the lowest minimum wage in an effort to enslave more workers for less money. Sounds like a great plan to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Ya'll keep talking all this crap about preservation of our constitution while it's your party that exist in a constant state of offering up constitutional amendments to change it. Everything from amendments banning gay marriage and abortions to the total repeal of the 14th and 17th amendments. Please!

My Party? I hold NO affiliation to ANY party,unless you call independent,a Party.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Why dont you take a day to REALLY read what our forefathers fought for,and gave us,instead of giving me your " INTERPRETATION" of it........

Back on Op..................

Dr Paul will continually be ignored,because the average person in America,DOESNT know their Constitution.........................................

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

More broad brushes from carseller. Can't say I'm surprised, but it makes one wonder why you bother coming in these threads. We get it, you don't like him. I wouldn't really care if you had something to say, but it's snarky comments and sarcasm.

As for your claim, I tend to disagree. I am neither and I support him. There is a fairly wide range in the Libertarian view point, and as such people are going to be attracted to certain aspects of his platform. Personally, I'm a bit more of a hardliner than Paul, but there are a lot of people being lumped into the anti-war group that aren't limp-wristed defeatists.

Perhaps just being against a highly diluted defense might be more accurate to describe some of these folks.

Peace
KJ

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

My Party? I hold NO affiliation to ANY party,unless you call independent,a Party.

My mistake, I thought that Ron Paul was running as a republican even though he calls himself a libertarian.

I find it odd that the Tea Party, the Independents and the libertarians always seem to endorse and vote for republican candidates. Makes me kinda wonder why they are so ashamed to wear the republican label. "I vote for them but I'm not one of them," Yeah right!

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Why dont you take a day to REALLY read what our forefathers fought for,and gave us,instead of giving me your " INTERPRETATION" of it........

Back on Op..................

Dr Paul will continually be ignored,because the average person in America,DOESNT know their Constitution.........................................

I don't remember offering you an "interpretation" of the constitution but I assure you that I know it well.

Furthermore, I think you should keep in mind that our founding fathers were not Gods, they were slave owning white men who believed in the idea that a black man was only equal to 3/5 of a white man and that only white male property owners would be afforded the right to vote. (10 to 16 percent of the nation's population) Now where would we be today if it were left up to them?

This is precisely why I don't want you "taking our country back." I'm worried that you really want to take us back some 200+ yrs. and I, for one, am not ready to go there.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I find it odd that the Tea Party, the Independents and the libertarians always seem to endorse and vote for republican candidates. Makes me kinda wonder why they are so ashamed to wear the republican label. "I vote for them but I'm not one of them," Yeah right!

Not true at all,now you are fishing......................no pun intended..........

Just ask the independents that vote for Ralph Nader,etc...................

I don't remember offering you an "interpretation" of the constitution but I assure you that I know it well.

So what was this? Just ranting????? Or your bias view of "Republicans?

Furthermore, I think you should keep in mind that our founding fathers were not Gods, they were slave owning white men who believed in the idea that a black man was only equal to 3/5 of a white man and that only white male property owners would be afforded the right to vote. (10 to 16 percent of the nation's population) Now where would we be today if it were left up to them?

Slavery was abolished for the good.Your just cherry picking your argument. No one is making them out to be Gods,only you...... Second,your freedom to chit chat with me or anyone else is because we have a Constitution. So is your freedom to leave this country,if you dont like it.But why prop up that argument,right?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Not true at all,now you are fishing......................no pun intended..........

Just ask the independents that vote for Ralph Nader,etc...................

Most of those who voted for Nader were hard left wing democrats and progressives. I doubt seriously that many so called "independents" voted for him. Furthermore, Ralph Nader did the same thing for the democrats that Ron Paul is fixing to do for the republicans, split the vote. Good luck with that one.

So what was this? Just ranting????? Or your bias view of "Republicans?

Are you suggesting that they haven't been proposing these amendments? Maybe it's you who should spend some time educating yourself. This is not my interpretation of anything, only cold hard facts. Here's a few other constitutional amendments being offered up by the GOP/T.P.;

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Republicans say they've found the problem in America -- and that problem is the basic framework of the Union as we know it today.
A group of Republicans in the House and Senate are proposing an amendment to the Constitution that would allow a vote by two-thirds of the states' legislatures to override any federal law they did not agree with.
The proposed constitutional amendment, a tea party favorite, is being touted by Sen. Mike Enzi (R-WY) in the Senate and co-sponsored by Sens. John Barasso (R-WY) and Orrin Hatch (R-UT). In the House, Reps. Rob Bishop (R-UT), Morgan Griffith (R-VA) and Paul Broun (R-GA) are leading the charge.

www.usatoday.com...

WASHINGTON — House Republicans aren't giving up on what's been a holy grail for conservatives: a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution.
Democrats aren't giving up on defeating it.
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, made a proposed balanced budget amendment part of his revamped debt-reduction plan Monday, assuring more conflict with the Democratic Senate and President Obama over an idea at least 80 years old.
"We don't need a constitutional amendment" to balance the budget, Obama said last week. "What we need to do is to do our jobs."

www.cbsnews.com...

Republicans have proposed at least 42 Constitutional amendments in the current Congress, including one that has gained favor recently to eliminate the automatic grant of citizenship to anyone born in the United States.

Slavery was abolished for the good.Your just cherry picking your argument. No one is making them out to be Gods,only you...... Second,your freedom to chit chat with me or anyone else is because we have a Constitution. So is your freedom to leave this country,if you dont like it.But why prop up that argument,right?

Yes slavery was abolished and it was definitely for the good. Problem is, our illustrious founding fathers damn sure weren't the ones to do it. The point being that I would give more credit to the "People" who voted to correct or amend the deficiencies in the original document in favor of enhancing a person's individual rights and not diminishing them. Most of the amendments currently being proposed by the GOP/T.P. are to remove or restrict a person's rights and/or privileges. Go figure!

By the way, the "if you don't love it, you're free to leave it" argument is nothing more than a signal that your running out of debating points and furthermore, it's a ridiculous statement that could just as easily be turned around and posed to anyone with your ideologies as well. For some reason though, it seems to be a favorite among GOP/T.P. circles.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Are you implying that when Ron Paul get's stomped at the polls large numbers of libertarians will up and leave America? This i have to see.

<<   2 >>

join