It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS protestor run over by police scooter and then beaten!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
newyork.cbslocal.com...

One man lost his balance, and was run over by a police scooter. Police descended on the protestor and got him out from under the bike, but violence broke out. Some witnesses tell Sandberg the man was beaten during the arrest.

A police officer in a white shirt, possibly a captain, hurled his megaphone and wound up rolling around in the street with a protestor, throwing punches. Other officers surrounded the white-shirted officer, throwing punches.

I’m sure this is going to be a big topic of discussion as it is blatant police brutality.
The fact the man 'lost his balance' is really irrelevant, the police shouldn’t be that close to people whilst riding a potentially lethal weapon.
What do you guys think?
I think we are coming to a tipping point where authority is bound to try and put its foot as deep as possible in the 'problem'. Its clear that if change is to happen its not going to be an easy road; atleast its a noble one.

Respect to all the protesters putting their necks on the line for the good of the world and future generations. Hopefully the man who was run over and beaten is doing ok, im sure his pain will be healed by the fact other protesters will have another reason to fight for the cause.

edit on 14-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Drive a scooter towards a cop and you get assaulting an office with a deadly weapon.

We must all remember that they are special. Gods chosen people.

I'm sure the cop on the scooter with a gun and likely body armor simply feared for his life. Hippie stink is mighty powerful after all.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I think there was a
thread a few days ago
that had boobtube footage
of Police using the scooters
to corral and ram protesters ...

can't remember thread title

help anyone

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Drive a scooter towards a cop and you get assaulting an office with a deadly weapon.

We must all remember that they are special. Gods chosen people.

I'm sure the cop on the scooter with a gun and likely body armor simply feared for his life. Hippie stink is mighty powerful after all.

ive seen cases where people bump into cop cars at no more then 3km/h and get charged with ATTEMPTED MURDER!
cops are not special and they will realise that when the government cant afford their pay checks.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

I'd like to see a video of the incident first.

It sounds to me that other officers were trying to help after this unfortunate accident...not beat the guy. And it spun out of controll from there.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Stupid protesters. If you want to really make a diffrerence, speak with your wallet. Not some useless endeavor that makes you lose your voice.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Seems to me that the police are escalating the violence to justify some sort of baton charge. If they can suck the protesters into any violence, they can get on with the arresting and break up the rally.
The source says that 8-10 were arrested - mostly for not following police orders...
Here we go with the dubious offenses.

Anyone been charged with 'filming police' yet?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

I think this is the thread you were talking about Here

This is a seperate incident from that thread... I too would like to get footage of this incident, patience and it will be found on youtube im sure...

From what people on the live stream were saying, he was run down, then beaten and arrested... time will tell what really happened though

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I'd like to see a video of the incident first.

It sounds to me that other officers were trying to help after this unfortunate accident...not beat the guy. And it spun out of controll from there.

yeah im hoping one will surface, no doubt theres a lot of cameras there so we might get lucky.

im not sure, i think if they are riding into people thats going a lot further then they should..
they could just of easily stood there themselves and not use a lethal weapon

from what i can work out the violence really broke out after he was run over

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
hahah LOL the local police must not have an idea of how big this is getting evryone i talk to in real life supourts the protesters

as a matter of fact i might take a ride down to nyc today
lol yeah right

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
Stupid protesters. If you want to really make a diffrerence, speak with your wallet. Not some useless endeavor that makes you lose your voice.

i agree but these protests are needed to raise awarness, when enough people open their eyes we can actually make other forms of protest more viable.
joining a credit union is the best method tho

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Seems to me that the police are escalating the violence to justify some sort of baton charge. If they can suck the protesters into any violence, they can get on with the arresting and break up the rally.

That's exactly what they're doing. Escalation of force is a standard police tactic. Use of force continuum.

If you're just standing there the cops will assault you to get you to fight back. If you dont fight back they'll go to spraying you with CS and call your kicking and screaming "uncooperative" and "resistance." If you still don't react they just shoot you and say they saw what appeared to be a weapon and feared for their lives.

Cops in practice create far more violence and damage than they allegedly prevent.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
hahah LOL the local police must not have an idea of how big this is getting evryone i talk to in real life supourts the protesters

There is on average one cop for every 1,000 people in America. Their numbers are essentially insignificant. The reason they wield any power at all is because of presentation and persistence of popular myth.

1 for every 1,000.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Not unlike the girl wearing the skimpy dress who deserved to get raped, I'm sure this dirty, stinking, pot-smoking less-than-human protester also deserved it.

Frakking pigs, I say, the whole lot of them. Corporate/government enforcement officers is all they are any more.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar

as a matter of fact i might take a ride down to nyc today
lol yeah right

every single incident like this is just further proving our point
they cant fight their battle with words because they know what were saying is true. so they use authority..seems a fairly obvious example of denile

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If it's not on tape, it didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I'm wondering if the officer was even qualified to ride a bike. I know that they go through training, specifically for things like this.

I can hear it now...

"Hey Bill, you know how to ride a bike right?"

"Uh yea, I ride on my days off occasionally."

"Good enough for me, report to the garage and pick up a scooter, We have a situation here."

"Ohhh Kaay."

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Thanks Morder1

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

not sure if this pic is related but its in the news article
im fairly sure in this case the reports are confirmed, many people saw it and the media wouldnt be to quick to post stories about ows because they dont want to cause riots over fake news

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I'm wondering if the officer was even qualified to ride a bike. I know that they go through training, specifically for things like this.

I can hear it now...

"Hey Bill, you know how to ride a bike right?"

"Uh yea, I ride on my days off occasionally."

"Good enough for me, report to the garage and pick up a scooter, We have a situation here."

"Ohhh Kaay."

hahaha
'hey bill, you know how to ride a bike right?'
'uh, i know how to crack skulls'
'dont worry these work for that too'
well ive never heard of them using scooters before ows, im sure someone can tell me if im wrong.
but no doubt they would of just given a quick info session and told them to start riding. when you think about it, its a relativley cheap form of crowd control, a lot more practicle then horses

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join