It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Bust the Banks without Occupying and Protesting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The only way to influence a bank is to hit the bank in the wallet.

Banks are required to report their cash withdrawals of $10,000 and up.

The reporting requirements are labor intensive and the bankers try to avoid them like the plague. It is expensive to do the paperwork for each transaction everyday until the end of the year.

SO if people want to impact a banks bottom line then overwhelm them with expenses. PEOPLE should withdraw $10,000 cash and then re-deposit the money. Then the next day, withdraw $10,000 cash and re-deposit the funds.

Keep doing this and the banks not only have to report the transaction once, but they have to report the same transaction again and again.

After one has withdrew and deposited 50 times in 50 business days, the bank will have to report these 50 transactions every day until the end of the year. This will keep a bank employees busy for hours each day just dealing with these 50 transactions well after a person has permanently closed their account and left the bank.

This will force the banks to act. It will also overwhelm the IRS.

Think about it.

If one million people exercise their right to withdraw their money over and over ONLY 50 times, there would be 50 million transactions requiring extensive paperwork every single day. 50 mllion x 365 = 18,250,000,000 transactions that have lengthy IRS reporting requirements. If each takes 15 minutes to complete everyday. This translates to 4,562,000,000 hours a day at $20/hr or a cost of over $80 billion a day.

Just 10,000 people would put a real hurting on the banks ($800 million/day) if this was organized and performed.

It's time to turn the power back over to the people. It's time to force the bankers to be accountable for their economic terrorism.

It's time to use the bankers money to put America back to work.

The bankers will be forced to hire millions of employees to handle the billions of transactions daily.

Now that is leveraging your money for power.

edit on 11-10-2011 by consciousgod because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Oct 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: The use of ALL CAPS

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I suspect that after the second or third deposit your bank will tell you to take your money elsewhere. Want to break the banks? Don't have overdrafts. Don't get loans. Cancel the debit cards.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Interesting but I think no matter what you may come up with....

The banks will already have a way around it, will find a way around the issues or will pay the politicians to make any issues go away.

Taking the banks out isn't the answer. We need them.

We need to control them better and let US make the rules-that will work best for all.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

They can't. I've done it. There is no policy in place to deal with this activity. The banks will get sued if they deny people access to their money or refuse to accept a cash deposit.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
I suspect that after the second or third deposit your bank will tell you to take your money elsewhere. Want to break the banks? Don't have overdrafts. Don't get loans. Cancel the debit cards.

This.

Banks are for profit private businesses and are not required to take your business. You become a pain and they will tell you to take your money and business elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Why dont people just join credit unions?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Not many people have the time,cash or interest in withdrawing and redepositing over and over day after day. I know I don't.

Close your bank account and put your money in a credit union.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

If enough people did this, the bank could not tell them to go elsewhere because their deposits go with them. Sure, if one or two people do this, then it's a useless method, but if social media was used to promote this quickly, the result may be staggering.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
on an average day i have about $50 to my name, let alone in banks
should i just sit on my hands and wait?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
you could switch to a credit union

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It's a great thought and I applaud the fact that you are trying to come up with a way to actually inflict damage to the crooks BUT...

The banks would just tell you take your business elsewhere and report you for having more than $10,000 liquid cash not in a bank which is a felony.

Even if they didn't do that and people withdrew all their money it wouldn't matter after the first day or so. The Bank would just close the doors until the Government did another Q.E. or secret T.A.R.P. fund.

In simple terms they'll just stop giving people their money until the Fed illegally prints more money and supplies them with more worthless paper.

You want to hit them where it hurts???? Move to Latin America and become a Person instead of a Consumer

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

Call Michael Moore and ask him for s $million to get 100 accounts rolling to help his cause.

Tell someone about this who has the resources.

Use others money.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

We definitely DON'T need the banks.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by consciousgod

You also gotta figure most people who would do this DON'T HAVE $10,000,00 liquid cash to their name.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

No, because a mattress or loose floorboard is such a BETTER place to keep your money.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
It's a great thought and I applaud the fact that you are trying to come up with a way to actually inflict damage to the crooks BUT...

The banks would just tell you take your business elsewhere and report you for having more than $10,000 liquid cash not in a bank which is a felony.

Even if they didn't do that and people withdrew all their money it wouldn't matter after the first day or so. The Bank would just close the doors until the Government did another Q.E. or secret T.A.R.P. fund.

In simple terms they'll just stop giving people their money until the Fed illegally prints more money and supplies them with more worthless paper.

You want to hit them where it hurts???? Move to Latin America and become a Person instead of a Consumer

Having $10,000 cash is not a felony. It may not be wise for security reasons but it is not illegal except: It's only a felony if you get caught trafficking drugs.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Actually the best way is to remove your money and install a safe in your house. There is no requirement o have a bank account. Be your own banker.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by consciousgod

If you hate your bank enough to bust it, and you have $10k to play this game, why not just move your money to a better bank? I don't know anyone in real life who hates their bank enough to wish it to fail, or to play time-consuming games with them hoping to overload their computer's automated reporting system (you won't).

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
As far as banks allowing this to happen I point out the video of Bank of America locking customers out who wanted to close their accounts. I think if you did this they would contact some gov agency to investigate you and cause you problems. You might be able to do it once but the 2nd time they'll stop it somehow. The only chance is for everyone to move to credit unions and leave the banks high and dry. If your lucky you can close your acct. (hope you do not bank with BOA)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I went to the bank to get a cashier's check for $15,000. The bank tried to charge me $6 for the check. They said it is company policy. I told them I do not pay to withdraw my money that they have been using for years, so just give me cash. Boy did this start some sh.t.

The bank manager came out to talk to me. I told him that I want my money today in cash. He waived the $6 fee for the check. I told him to make the check for the entire balance for all my accounts and to close them all, and I will take my money elsewhere. He begged me to stay, but I will not do business with a bank that tries to charge me and EVERYONE ELSE to withdraw my/their money from this bank.

The same bank a week earlier tried to charge me a fee for a check written to me from their bank. I said this is your bank. You have my money in your bank. I want my money that is in your bank and I am not paying you to get it. I did not tell her I had an account there because that does not matter to me. The check is written on their bank and they cannot charge me. She said since the check was from a cooperation that she could. I said BS, give me my money or go get your manager. I did not pay the $6 fee to cash a $100 refund check from my electric company.

These are money grabs and we do not have to put up with it. This is theft if you object so they back off. The only reason they do it is because we let them.

That was BoA.

<<   2 >>

join