It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Spy in the Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I was just listening to CNN and heard that they think there is a spy in the Pentagon maybe from Isreal

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Theres a spies/es in every institution and Secret Service and branch of the military in most developed countries of the world.Thats the whole point of NSA not just to switch on computers.Counter Espionage is still one of the largest sections of the CIA.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It went on to say that this person was in a position to affect Middle East policy

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yep just heard this on CBS> they say that this guy could be in the highest mists of the pentagon

heres a link to the full story

SPY

reports the FBI believes it has "solid" evidence that the suspected mole supplied Israel with classified materials that include secret White House policy deliberations on Iran.

At the heart of the investigation are two people who work at The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), a powerful pro-Israel lobby in Washington.

The FBI investigation, headed up by Dave Szady, has involved wiretaps, undercover surveillance and photography that CBS News was told document the passing of classified information from the mole, to the men at AIPAC, and on to the Israelis.

CBS sources say that last year the suspected spy, described as a trusted analyst at the Pentagon, turned over a presidential directive on U.S. policy toward Iran while it was, "in the draft phase when U.S. policy-makers were still debating the policy."

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Found this on Reuters
www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What is the big hullabalu? Yes Israel has spys in the American Govt. as does the American Govt ahve spys in the Israeli Govt, as well as many others. This is what nations do to protect and defend themselves from other nations. To make some kind of Dirty Jew remarks about this would mean to be fair you would have to say Dirty Americans, Dirty CHinese, Dirty Saudi's (i agree with this one), etc etc. And IMO Israel will take the Iran information he got and use it to protect Israelis and Americans, Israel will act on the information, U.S. will not until more Americans are dead and can be proven Iran did it. GOD BLESS ISAREL and THE U.S.A.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It is a big deal. Had this been a Middle Eastern country with a spy high up (even if it was from a somewhat friendly ally like Egypt) people on this board and in this country would want to invade that country right away and kill all Arabs (as they do know.)

I'll say it SCREW ISRAEL on this one. I don't turn the other cheek to that country like most do. To much of a blind eye towards that country (such as ignoring their illegal nukes) is the problem that has us in this mid east mess and most people over there and through the world hating us. Now not everyone in Israel are bad but damn those Zionists over there who want use the U.S. to get their dirty deeds done. Amazing the country I live in can allow a small country like Israel to make it it's "female dog" on foreign relations.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wow! Interesting news! Anyway, no comment...

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I hope the US administration would stop giving the jews billions a year to spend on weapons. Also I don't think it will matter what happens in reality in espionage but how the public perceives it and I believe they will perceive it as a betrayal by a friendly nation, like a backstab after all those taxdollars went to that "country".

The Falcon and the Snowman incident where the Australian govt learnt about the US spying on Australia was a massive shocked for our country and we all felt angered and betrayed by the United States esp after we fought aside them in 3 (WWII, Korea, Vietnam) wars at the time. Of course no-one really remembers it today but back then it was a really big deal. We aren't in a position to sour relations with the nation who will essentially have to defend us from others. But the US is! and lowering relations with Israel would see a hightening of relations with many countries around the world!.

But I severely doubt the US administration will do anything as they obviously support their Jewish masters atrocities in Palestine and do their bidding in the middle east.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
truseeker I am with you 100% on this. I am tired of the extreme bias in the US govt that has ran for decades and has ignored many illegal and immoral acts by Israel even to the United States. Need I remind people of the USS Liberty incident?? no way that was an accident.

I have also come to believe that the Jewish state holds much political power and sway in Washington and that it has directly and indirectly affected foreign policy decisions for decades and and this is not right.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by colsislander
I was just listening to CNN and heard that they think there is a spy in the Pentagon maybe from Isreal

You mean this?:

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
What are the consequences of such situation, if it is true? Do they execute that guy?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Do you think they'll tell you the consequences? Come on, this is the FBI we're talking about here

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I would be really interested, what the Pentagon does in such situation... Israel is in deep trouble now...

LL1

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
From Newsweek, appears to be ideological:

David Y. Lee / Polaris for Newsweek
Israel in DC: An American "wonk" may have given secrets to Israel about Iran
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"FBI counterintelligence agents began tracking him, and at one point watched him allegedly attempt to pass a classified U.S. policy document on Iran to one of the surveillance targets, according to a U.S. intelligence official. But his alleged confederate was "too smart," the official said, and refused to take it. Instead, he asked Franklin to brief him on its contents�and Franklin allegedly obliged. Franklin also passed information gleaned from more highly classified documents, the official said. If the government is correct, Franklin's motive appears to have been ideological rather than financial. There is no evidence that money changed hands. "For whatever reason, the guy hates Iran passionately," the official said, referring to the Iranian government."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

join