It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knesset to vote on annexing West Bank

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidboullata

Have you considered that at the time of Jesus there was already a sizeable population of Jews living in what was to become Europe, from Southern France and up through Germany specifically? And that it was the descendants of those Jews who 2-thousand years later, arrived on the shores of Palestine demanding "their" country back?

Agreed.

When the Romans renamed the land Philistine it was to spite the Jews who were living in The Holy Land after their failed rebellion and to rob them of their nationhood....where exactly do you think those people went? Really?? Where did they all go? Did all the Jews just get up and leave and the Romans trucked in a new population of non-Jewish Semites? No. They stayed there, they worked the land, they built their cities and re-built their cities endured invasion after invasion after invasion...they adopted the languages of their new masters...and indeed they adopted the religions of their new masters, too.

I agree.

It doesn't take an anthropologist to see that the Palestinians of today are the direct descendants of the ...whether you're looking at side-to-side photographs of European Jews and Palestinians...or looking down through a telescope at DNA.

Again, I agree.

I do believe that they are related.

Stop being naïve, Palestine is just a name...

Then why not drop the crap and become part of Israel?

They are not fighting for a name on a map...

Oh no?

they are fighting for their rights as human beings...they are fighting for their rights to be recognized...and who are we to deny them that?

Cool. Let them have their rights, by all means.

At this point in time though, they are in a limbo, and upset because a country is trying to fill that void. Only way to fix it is actual statehood or being annexed by a neighboring country.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrEcho

So because the Pharisees did not believe in Yeshua as the Messiah, I am being dishonest?

I am not following you here. Help me out.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

At this point in time though, they are in a limbo, and upset because a country is trying to fill that void. Only way to fix it is actual statehood or being annexed by a neighboring country.

Or being left the hell alone.!!!!!

No walls, no prohibited goods, no control or airways etc etc etc.....

and upset because a country is trying to fill that void.

What country would that be??
edit on 30-9-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

. . .
SINCE THEN, Israel has continued to push into Palestinian territory. They have continued to take land, expel Palestinians from their homes, and basically carry out ethnic cleansing.

This is what happens when you knee-jerk post. You miss important facts. Such as . . .

The general population of the territories has doubled. Hardly ethnic cleansing if the population is doubling every twenty years.

Israel is an apartheid state. They segregate the Arab population, blockade them in with walls, and deny them goods or service.

Last I heard, Arabs had it pretty good in Israel.

They are carrying out ethnic cleansing of the Arab population.

Really? Please refer above.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

. . .
Or being left the hell alone.!!!!!

Yeah, because no government wants to expand.

My grandma's house was annexed into a city last year. All governments expand land.

The only way to stop it is those two option.

What country would that be??

Obviously Israel, since Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, and Syria don't want the land.
edit on 10/1/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

The general population of the territories has doubled. Hardly ethnic cleansing if the population is doubling every twenty years.

The population doubling in 20 years actually sounds like a very low rate of increase..

Do you have other Arab countries to compare with or are you just assuming that's normal??

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyNailer

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by RustyNailer

That because there was never a nation called Palestine...ever. That is Israels ancient homeland and they have every right to live there and live in peace from bloodthirsty Islamo-Nazi psychopaths...

Did you read that in a book??
Can you actually prove it??

Which part Israel or Palestine?

If you're referring to ancient Israel look into roman history. Like the Nazi's, the Roman empire were meticulous record keepers. If that's not enough open a bible, thats at least a few thousand years old..isn't it?

If you're referring to Palestine ever being a nation. Then I challange you to tell me who founded Palestine. What was their national currency? What was their style of Government? Who was their first president? What were it's boarders and what wars had it fought? Good luck...

And the Native Americans plight rings a true history not unlike that of the Native Palestinians?

Sorry to butt-in.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

They do huh? Wow. I guess I am mistaken. Let me just make sure you are correct. Hmm.. weird.

1,463 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September, 2000.
6,430 Palestinian adults have been killed by Israelis since September, 2000.
45,041 Palestinians have been injured since September, 2000.

5,554 Palestinians are currently being held as political prisoners by Israel.

24,813 Palestinian homes have been demolished since 1967. 0 Israeli homes have been demolished.

Israel's current unemployment rate is 6.4%. In Gaza, the unemployment rate is 40%.

Israel currently has 236 "Jewish Only" settlements built on confiscated Palestinian land. Palestinians have 0 settlements on Israeli land.

Israel has erected hundreds of "Check Points" and road blocks making daily life for Palestinians nearly impossible. Israel also appoints, quite frequently, a curfew on the West Bank and Gaza. The IDF will impose this curfew, and then roll into the town or city with heavily armed soldiers and tanks. Often times these curfews last for weeks or months.

Israel has confiscated huge amounts of land, to construct their "barrier wall" which basically fences in the population like prisoners. They also have an embargo against Gaza which makes getting even the most basic supplies extremely difficult. Israel tends to think EVERYTHING can be used to make weapons.

Israeli forces regularly confiscate private land; imprison individuals without process – including children – and physically abuse them under incarceration; demolish family homes; bulldoze orchards and crops; place entire towns under curfew; destroy shops and businesses; shoot, maim, and kill civilians – and Palestinians are without power to stop any of it.

When a child is arrested, for example – often by a group of armed soldiers in the middle of the night – parents can do nothing. Knowing that their son is most likely being beaten by soldiers on the way to the station, stripped and humiliated in prison, quite likely physically abused in multiple additional ways, and destined to be held – perhaps in isolation – for days, week, or months (all before a trial has even taken place), parents are without the ability to protect their child. Quite often, in fact, they cannot even visit him.

Finally, when the military trial under which their son is to be sentenced – often to years (sometimes decades) in prison – all they can do is hire a lawyer whose efforts, at best, will reduce the ultimate sentence by a few months. Rarely, if ever, can even the most skilled lawyer do more than afford the child a friendly face in court and be an outside witness to the injustice of the proceedings. Meanwhile, the presence of such a lawyer provides Israel cover for its “judicial system.”

During the fiscal year of 2011, Israel received $8.2 million PER DAY in military aid from the United States. Palestine received $0.

Shall I keep going? I know I can....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

very good question, I actually think we are narowing the gap here, the pharisees of then, were angered at Yeshua's teachings. It went against all their control of the people. So Israel of now reminds me a lot of the pharisees of then. sideburns and all
edit on 1-10-2011 by MrEcho because: love

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Which part Israel or Palestine? If you're referring to ancient Israel look into roman history. Like the Nazi's, the Roman empire were meticulous record keepers. If that's not enough open a bible, thats at least a few thousand years old..isn't it? If you're referring to Palestine ever being a nation. Then I challange you to tell me who founded Palestine. What was their national currency? What was their style of Government? Who was their first president? What were it's boarders and what wars had it fought? Good luck...

Are you serious? Your kind makes me sick?

If I make people like you sick, then that means I'm doing something right..

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

If you're referring to Palestine ever being a nation. Then I challange you to tell me who founded Palestine. What was their national currency? What was their style of Government? Who was their first president? What were it's boarders and what wars had it fought? Good luck...

The people you refer to as Palestinians were living there... before the European jews started coming there. Period

Let me turn the question around to you.

You will note that the jews who migrated to "that" land after WW2 were all mostly naturalized Europeans who had European governments... used European currencies... had European presidents... lived within European borders... fought alongside European soldiers.

In other words, the jews too were not a nation (following YOUR standards of currency, government, president etc) until 1948.

So there is no good reason to make them a nation, that too on a land where somebody else had been living on... a land where these European jews have never set foot on.

edit on 1-10-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It is actually right on par with the rest of the area.

--From 1950 to 2000, the Middle East experienced explosive population growth. The region’s population grew from 92 million to 349 million, a 3.8 fold increase, or 2.7 percent a year. All of the countries in the region had much the same experience; consider that Israel grew at 3.2 percent a year, Iran at just over 2.7 percent, and the Arab countries at just under 2.7 percent.--

Source

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

They do huh? Wow. I guess I am mistaken. Let me just make sure you are correct. Hmm.. weird.

1,463 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September, 2000.
6,430 Palestinian adults have been killed by Israelis since September, 2000.
45,041 Palestinians have been injured since September, 2000.

5,554 Palestinians are currently being held as political prisoners by Israel.

24,813 Palestinian homes have been demolished since 1967. 0 Israeli homes have been demolished.

Israel's current unemployment rate is 6.4%. In Gaza, the unemployment rate is 40%.

Israel currently has 236 "Jewish Only" settlements built on confiscated Palestinian land. Palestinians have 0 settlements on Israeli land.

Israel has erected hundreds of "Check Points" and road blocks making daily life for Palestinians nearly impossible. Israel also appoints, quite frequently, a curfew on the West Bank and Gaza. The IDF will impose this curfew, and then roll into the town or city with heavily armed soldiers and tanks. Often times these curfews last for weeks or months.

Israel has confiscated huge amounts of land, to construct their "barrier wall" which basically fences in the population like prisoners. They also have an embargo against Gaza which makes getting even the most basic supplies extremely difficult. Israel tends to think EVERYTHING can be used to make weapons.

Israeli forces regularly confiscate private land; imprison individuals without process – including children – and physically abuse them under incarceration; demolish family homes; bulldoze orchards and crops; place entire towns under curfew; destroy shops and businesses; shoot, maim, and kill civilians – and Palestinians are without power to stop any of it.

When a child is arrested, for example – often by a group of armed soldiers in the middle of the night – parents can do nothing. Knowing that their son is most likely being beaten by soldiers on the way to the station, stripped and humiliated in prison, quite likely physically abused in multiple additional ways, and destined to be held – perhaps in isolation – for days, week, or months (all before a trial has even taken place), parents are without the ability to protect their child. Quite often, in fact, they cannot even visit him.

Finally, when the military trial under which their son is to be sentenced – often to years (sometimes decades) in prison – all they can do is hire a lawyer whose efforts, at best, will reduce the ultimate sentence by a few months. Rarely, if ever, can even the most skilled lawyer do more than afford the child a friendly face in court and be an outside witness to the injustice of the proceedings. Meanwhile, the presence of such a lawyer provides Israel cover for its “judicial system.”

During the fiscal year of 2011, Israel received $8.2 million PER DAY in military aid from the United States. Palestine received $0.

Shall I keep going? I know I can....

Palestinians don't live in Israel silly goose.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Then by all means, have at it. But don't be upset because a certain country is interested in unclaimed (by another country) land.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MrEcho

I can agree with that very much.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Then by all means, have at it. But don't be upset because a certain country is interested in unclaimed (by another country) land.

The land is occupied by "the people we call Palestinians"...

That's a FACT so get over this "Some country must own it" crap....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

The government of Israel is the military of Israel. Like all militaries, it only has power so long as there is an enemy on the horizon to fight - even if they have to create it.

The people of Israel are living under military occupation as surely as any Palestinian or Afghan is.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

the people we call palestinians have always 'claimed' that land as their home... because they had been living there before the European jews showed up.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Depends on who you compare the situation to. if you compare them to, say, your average citizen of Chad, then yeah, life is golden. but if you compare them to Israeli jews, well, then the Arabs "have it good" like blacks had in 1950's Mississippi.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by backinblack

Please. Come back to earth.

Since time immemorial people have been claiming and owning land.

Now all of a sudden it does not matter?

Get real.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 10/1/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join