It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Leaks Personal Details of Cop Who Pepper-Sprayed Wall Street Protesters

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

i was stalked in real life, years ago. someone stole all my black lingerie out of my house and it wasn't my husband. it was a very bad stalking. it was not fun, in fact, it was scary as hell.. when i hear about anon's activity, it reminds me of stalkers. i freak out when i see it because i recognize the tactics.
i will never be stalked again without people hearing a great deal of freaking out griping. not scared griping, freaking out angry griping.

ummm, being robbed of your undies is not the same as being stalked.
sorry, but i've been there and it isn't over in one shot, it isn't a forgetful experience and if you are proactive in it, it will re-define Freedom and what it means to you.
I am guessing, you didn't catch the robber either.
fyi ... the pro-active approach enabled the authorities to apprehend him.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
Have you ever taken a life? Do you even think you can imagine what it takes to push someone to take a life? Please don't play the what if game about things you can't comprehend.

Why would anyone who wouldn't hurt the cop go for his family? People don't attack your wife and kids unless they already have the capability to track down your wife and kids. They do it not because they are weak, but because they are ruthless and want to send a message.

Some people.

Have I taken a life? Thankfully, no, I have never been in a situation that went that far out of hand. That is neither here nor there. How exactly is it I need to have taken a life to have a reason to believe publishing the home address of a cop is a REALLY bad idea?

In fact, in some states it goes beyond a bad idea. It's a crime. Period. In ALL states, Law Enforcement have the option to have their information flagged for availability or removed from the major public data sources entirely based on their status as Police Officers. So, unless this cop is just reckless, no...his home address shouldn't be easy to get. For what it's worth and likely as a result of my perspective on police while growing up, I feel cops should be hit HARDER and held to a much HIGHER standard than anyone else under the same laws. Just keep it to the MAN or WOMAN in the uniform...not the family, friends, neighbors and whoever else gets run flat by a media problem if NOTHING else.

My experience and my basis for making some strong comments on this thread come from living under my father's police career for the first 13 years of my life. One of my earliest memories as a child was spending some time with my father on some project or another and taking cover beneath the desk because there were gunshots coming through the back window of the house.

THAT experience only happened to our family once, but the awareness of that possibility is something I can never explain to someone who hasn't lived THAT side of this debate. Even now, almost 30 years after my father left police work and nearly 2 years after he passed away, it is STILL an issue I and other family members can never entirely forget. He put his share of murderers away over a career. Just because society forgets about them doesn't mean they forget who in society put them there.

So many on this thread are drawing comparisons with criminal addresses or other forms of publication for personal information. There just isn't a comparison. Criminals or Bloggers will be embarrassed or they'll get annoying phone calls. By DEFINITION and the Nature of the situation, the only people who'd use or be interested in noting a cops address almost certainly come from a class of society where violence is the solution or they're emotionally unstable/highly charged and not thinking right. It's been my experience in life that people like that may not have the ability or skills to get information like that, but they can sure put it to all the wrong uses if it's handed to them on a platter....or the internet.

Anyway...I've stayed out of most of this thread because it's really become a series of personal fights as much as debate and I just don't do personal fights. However, enough people replied to what I did write to where I felt the need to address the topic in general way as well as a reply to what was specifically said in the post this links back to.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

i was stalked in real life, years ago. someone stole all my black lingerie out of my house and it wasn't my husband. it was a very bad stalking. it was not fun, in fact, it was scary as hell.. when i hear about anon's activity, it reminds me of stalkers. i freak out when i see it because i recognize the tactics.
i will never be stalked again without people hearing a great deal of freaking out griping. not scared griping, freaking out angry griping.

I had my panties stolen from my room when I lived with my boyfriend and two other guys. Yeah, creepy....

Funny, I feel that way about the government.. Now we're starting to connect.

edit on 27-9-2011 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

reply to post by dragonseeker

okay

do you believe the military members and their families and intimate partners, from the first war in iraq (george senior's war), deserved to contract gulf war syndrome as a result of the war?

Are you insane? that analogy doesn't fit here. and, NO of course I don't
Gulf war syndrome is a chronic debilitating illness..all anon did was expose this officer's info. THEY AREN'T THE SAME THING, THOSE TWO SITUATIONS AREN'T EVEN ON THE SAME PLANET. all due respect..you're not thinking clearly. imma stop responding to ya until your head clears..
edit on 27-9-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

ummm, being robbed of your undies is not the same as being stalked.
sorry, but i've been there and it isn't over in one shot, it isn't a forgetful experience and if you are proactive in it, it will re-define Freedom and what it means to you.
I am guessing, you didn't catch the robber either.
fyi ... the pro-active approach enabled the authorities to apprehend him.

just because i didn't tell you what else happened, doesn't mean nothing else happened. you are abusing me emotionally . i was precisely 33 years of age when i died. i'm only here now because of a miracle (or at least the doctors thought so). now it is possible that all the stuff that i thought was a group stalking was just paranoia manifesting as i went slowly insane from the infection in my brain, caused when the mycoplasm from the Japanese tick borne encephalitis vaccine was intrdocued into the military population, passed to their families via intimate contact, and into the blood supply via the red cross. or it could be that i wasn't imagining things and when i didn't stay dead, the stalkers had to rethink their strategy or it could be both. or neither. in any case, it felt real, seemed real, i thought it was real and it scared the # out of me.

now, i'm proactive by griping when i see people actively enjoying the act of stalking people they disagree with. we lived in utah at the time and the mormons there didn't like non mormons in their neighborhoods. our car was constantly sabotaged. i was fired from 3 different jobs for stealing, which i never did. the last job had to call me back a month after firing me to inform me that they caught the actual thief and apologized to me. it was the assistant manager who told me or i would've never known. the other jobs certainly didn't bother.

oh it gets worse. this is not the place for it.

edit on 27-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Did you get mad at the phonebook?
reply to post by FallenWun

they didn't just post her phone number and address, but also her email. all her websites. her businesses. videos of her performing strip teases for her portfolio (she's an exotic dancer), they harrassed the companies that she created, hacked the websites of her businesses (she also had a health food business), posted videos she had made of herself. claimed she was sexually abusing her son. claimed she'd been arrested for it. they decided her son needed to be removed from her custody (i think he's almost 18 by now) so they were bringing all of her behavior to light so the law would move to remove her son from her.

how best to drive a crazy woman right over the edge? make sure she knows that the paranoia she's feeling is not unfounded. they really are, out to get her, and her little dog too.
edit on 27-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

Yeah you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic. The subject here is a MALE cop. Do you think I am defending things anonymous does?

You want to make the case that they did bad things to some woman, go for it.
I am concerned with the topic here and I have yet to see what has been done to this cops family.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Sorry, I thought relating being stalked to Anon and there petty threats, and getting info that almost anyone else can, was silly.
My bad though, shouldn't make jokes about that stuff. Sorry.

*edit* to Undo, not Honor.

We really don't need to get into horrible things that we go through in life. Trust me, I have seen my fair share of really messed things that have to be pushed back and best forgotten.
I have seen friends die, and dying slowly due to terrible diseases, but unlike cancer, cannot be treated.
We really dont need to get started on that.. k thanks.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
i said this in another thread but i don't understand why we aren't focusing more on what a blow it is by anonymous to be able to access this cop's information. it makes it sound like their continued threat of "bringing (the NYPD) down" has much more potential.

and if anon did take advantage of a vulnerability then NYPD isn't adequately protecting its employees and one has to wonder about the balance of power and what those who have these crazy cyber-crime abilities are able to do.
edit on 27-9-2011 by godWhisperer because: got some crazy language issue

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Originally posted by FallenWun

I understand the wow thing. i'm a wow nerd. you probably already know that though. I'm also younger than the guys who created and play the game, and i'm 53. MMORPGs came into the gaming world when i was in my late 20s. Instead of learning how to golf, play chess, or women's football, i learned how to play mmos.

So yeah what about the +20 sword?

Did you forget which name you were posting under or does this response to my response to SOMEONE ELSE make no sense?

are you seriously that myopic ?? so much so that you think you are having a one on one conversation on THESE boards??? geeeeesh, some ppl really have no clue.

when you claim knowledge, you better back it up ... someone here has likely been there and done that, as the previous (uninvited to Your conversation) poster Clearly states. In other words, you made a claim (which someone else understands),

what about the +20 sword?
now, back it up

it would appear that the previous poster doesn't agree with your analogy.

I really have no idea what your entire post was about. I know I am not having a one on one conversation but if a particular sentence is specifically directed at another poster and that poster gets it, I do not see why anyone else should be questioning that one thing I specifically addressed to someone else.

As far as claims?
Whaaaaaaaaaaaa?
I never made a claim. I have no idea what you want me to back up.
I get that Undo plays those games. I do not really care.
What the hell is your point?

GET ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by boncho

But I would like to bring up one point, does society not ostracize the families of criminals?

Yes, society does have a tendency to view the wives and children of criminals as being complicit in their criminal actions. I don't think that's right either.

To be honest, I was having a bit of fun with people in the thread but here is what I REALLY think.

The cop was out of line, and for that he should be punished. The punishment should fit the crime, and macing someone is not the horrific event it has been made out to be here. At most I think he should be sent home for 2 weeks without pay and retrained in the proper use of mace ( good news for cop haters; that means he gets maced!). This in no way validates claims that we are living in a police state. Cops are people, people make mistakes and acting like they've just raped and murdered your cat is overblown. Under no circumstance should people be encouraged to attack someones family member based on another's actions.

That all sounds very reasonable, and if that sort of thing happened every time, or even most times, that any person 'in charge' does something similar to anyone they think they are 'in charge of' then we would have a much better functioning society and absolutely no need for this kind of vigilanti approach.

Of course, this kind of sensible and responsible approach doesn't seem to be the norm, so in lieu of a working solution, Anon has brought an interesting factor into this equation. Let's see how it plays out.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
For those who say it's wrong to post someones address, but are happy that the name is posted, you know it's literally 3 clicks and a ctrl +v away to find the rest of that information anyways right? They honestly just saved people time.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I said go get 'em Anon! Don't censor me, WTF? This whole site promotes them, and the balance between the world.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

reply to post by St0mP121

that's not the point. you don't harrass the guy's family just because you don't approve of his actions. because once you get the families involved, you got yourself 10 times the problems you had before. perhaps even more.

Why do so many on ATS seem to spend time getting upset over things they imagined? Is that something that goes along with the types of beliefs that lead most people here?

Has his family been even remotely annoyed yet?

I know for a fact that cop did a bad thing and someone suffered.
Why do you insist we get upset over other people that might some day be bothered by something but so far have not been?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

link   

link   

i think we should cause i actually lived that and it is not good to put people into that frame of mind. even if i only thought it was happening due to the brain infection, it was every bit as real to me as if it had really been the case . stalking people on the net, is no different, particularly when it bleeds over into real life, via phone calls and pizzas and random crazy guys showing trying to spray your wife in the face with mace.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join