It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God -- Who or What defines 'Him'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
For my second thread in ATS, I'd like to pose a question for those who are on a never-ending search of whom or what defines God. I've heard so many different answers but I believe that this is the one question that has left us as humanity baffled for thousands of years. Many different faiths claim to know the truth as compared to their rivaling faiths but how do we know which one to follow? Maybe the true answer lies in each and every one of us.

God -- Who or What defines 'Him'?

God is an omnipotent force realized by many faiths and believers through an orthodox form of symbology based on one's idea of whom or what God is. Many believers today conform to the widely accepted ideologies of Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and even Buddhism. These faiths were determined by ascended masters who many today refer to as Jesus Christ, Muhammad, Krishna and Buddha himself. Regardless of what faith you may subscribe to or any extreme connotations that may be attached there is one goal behind each of them and that is to reach higher spiritual attainment so that you may be accepted into higher realms of the Divinity to which many refer to as Heaven or the state of Enlightenment. Often these ideologies steer one against the other in order to create an atmosphere of animosity which have caused unthinkable conflict and bloodshed. This is highly unacceptable and if Divinity were to be truly understood we can only hope this would all come to an end one day.

In today's world, when something isn't completely understood, we would subscribe to a theory of what may be the possibility. The force behind the theory would be up for discovery but until we came to that point, we would hold on to that theory and accept it as truth for the time being. This was different for ancient cultures because they had a way of describing a theory or possibility that we in the present may not have understood. The ancient people would name the forces behind their theories as Gods. That's why in most ancient texts there were many Gods controlling many forces that of which humans in that day and era did not fully understand so they would worship these Gods in order to appeal for the solutions to their problems. The fact of the matter is when they gathered for one reason or another, manifestation of the solutions to their problems would eventually adhere to their needs. What many didn't realize was the power of these forces that came from within which delivered these manifestations that were being sought for.

The power from within is the driving force that wholly connects us with the divine. Believe it or not, our sole connection to the divine is what makes this experience possible. What I am referring to is the human experience, which may be applied to any species that you can think of including all life forms. This power within each and every one of us is an omnipotent force that dates clear back to the beginning, or point of singularity. However, considering Infinity was derived from this point of singularity we are on a never-ending ride of existence of Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Ether which is the medium and the driving force of the other four elements. Although, Ether cannot be perceived with our 5 human senses, it is very real and may be the very link that is missing that may help us in discovering the truth of Divinity.

For those of you familiar with the Flower of Life and the essence of existence that derives from it, you may well be headed in the right direction in discovering the truth of Divinity. Mathematics is the universal language that can represent everything through simple or complex equations, geometry and relative points of symmetry or balance. The five elements mentioned earlier can be arranged in a mathematical sequence described as the following:

Hexahedron = Earth
Icosahedron = Water
Octahedron = Air
Tetrahedron = Fire
Dodecahedron = Ether or Spirit

Considering these five platonic solids forming the essence of existence, there is only one thing that we as humans do not truly understand so what we naturally do is conform to any one of the ideologies of any given theory and call it God, which we worship and hope that one day we will spiritually attain the knowledge offered and provided by God. The fact of the matter is, we are made up of all 5 of these elements and it is only a matter of time before we truly understand Divinity. The power within each and every one of us is Ether or Spirit and we have the power to realize its truly magnificent effectiveness of providing the changes in the world around us, physically and spiritually.

To begin your journey of fully understanding this concept I will provide this link but it is up to you to search further within yourself and define your truth of divinity:

Flower of Life

edit on 26-9-2011 by Puppet27Master because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Puppet27Master

im sure a mod will tell you that introductions cant be used for threads such as this.
but ill give you a short answer:
we define him, he is nothing more than a human idea.

read the link just below..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is a great subject and it will be really exciting to read opinions here.

I dont believe in God in the sense of how God is portrayed in books/society and otherwise. I also do not believe in preaching either as preaching to me is just an 'opinion' of the speaker whether dressed as a holy man or a follower/listener. I truly believe too many feel that God is there to answer for everything but I really feel that is a foolish notion. If I was God I would be in an armchair with earplugs in thats for sure then listen to the woes of the world. The woes of the world are created by US and God has nothing to do with making it right or better or causing it because GOD is a word that we have imprinted in history and nothing more. There is no proof of who or what God is and to assign a gender/solution to the word God is also personal opinion.

But if I had to 'define' what I felt God might be - I would say ' divine energy' and above all 'CONSCIENCE'.

People say - they know God exists - por quoi? I dont think so. God is a 'faith' it is a word that inspires faith but there is nothing to prove exactly anything more. God could be defined as 'godliness'. What is godliness if not a pure heart or pure conscience in life towards others in thought word and deed. That is probably what God should mean.

Do I believe in God ? I believe in divine energy that positive thoughts are vibrations that can emanate into the atmosphere and bring about a good and peaceful feeling. God is inside you, your thoughts, your actions and your conscience working as a whole to transmit around you outwardly. Everyone can feel an atmosphere in a room and whether the vibe is good or bad cant they? You are all God really when you transmit positive and 'godliness' ie, good feeling to the atmosphere. Beyond that - I think if it transpired that God turned out to be a 'person' that is what he would have wanted people to do and he leaves us alone to work it out.
edit on 26-9-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

im sure a mod will tell you that introductions cant be used for threads such as this.

I'm unable to follow this logic. Cults and religions are one in the same. The only difference would be that 'cults' are not as widely accepted as 'religions' are. They both fall under having a set of beliefs whether one has more followers than the other.

To respond to your comment, the reason I use quotations around 'Him' is because we as humans have the tendency to personify metaphorical ideas, such as God. God would merely be a human idea of what guides or drives the forces within and around us. The idea of this thread is to understand how we define or label as God as nothing more than Ether or Spirit itself, as we cannot understand its true nature which is why we call it God. Undoubtedly, the true nature of Ether or Spirit is beyond human understanding but once we continually to evolve we will discover that Ether or Spirit is the one missing link in realizing our whole connection to the Divine.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Puppet27Master

Originally posted by UniverSoul

I'm unable to follow this logic. Cults and religions are one in the same. The only difference would be that 'cults' are not widely accept as 'religions' are. They both fall under having a set of beliefs whether one has more followers than the other.

To respond to your comment, the reason I use quotations around 'Him' is because we as humans have the tendency to personify metaphorical ideas, such as God. God would merely be a human idea of what guides or drives the forces within and around us. The idea of this thread is to understand how we define or label as God as nothing more than Ether or Spirit itself, as we cannot understand its true nature which is why we call it God. Undoubtedly, the true nature of Ether or Spirit is beyond human understanding but once we continually to evolve we will discover that Ether or Spirit is the one missing link in realizing our whole connection to the Divine.

yeah thats what the thread is arguing. ive realised that many religious people believe they are superior to people who beleive in cults and felt the need to point out they are the same.
Your right people would find it a lot harder to believe if it wasnt so relivant to us (even tho its so outdated)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ELEVATOR7

I agree with almost your entire response. The only thing I slightly see differently from

God could be defined as 'godliness'. What is godliness if not a pure heart or pure conscience in life towards others in thought word and deed. That is probably what God should mean.

and

You are all God really when you transmit positive and 'godliness' ie, good feeling to the atmosphere.

is that the Power (Ether or Spirit) within each and every one of us is neither good nor bad. The idea of 'Godliness' being of pure heart or consciousness towards one another would be considered the value of morals that one could stand upon but it would rather depend on the intentions of that individual when harnessing their 'God' Power. God is merely the power of Ether or Spirit, but it is up to that one individual to decide whether to use their power for good or bad. Other than that I would wholly agree with everything else that you have stated. Thanks for your response!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Yes godliness = conscience - choice for good or bad output.

I think that is what I was hoping to portray. Its probably my choice of words that might not have expressed what I meant properly. Therefore, the power of 'godliness' (being positive and kindly and making good moral choices) is within us all to use the right or the wrong way. That is why I said God (the energy) is within everyone.

I hope I explained that a bit better.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Yes, I understand exactly what you mean. Although, Godliness would form from the Spirit or Ether as well as Satanism. For example, the idea of God as of present is of good moral value and Satan would be of bad moral value. I fear that with the connotation of Magnificent or Good attached to God, it is difficult to transparently describe its true nature. I feel that you are correct in having the choice to use your God-Like Power (Ether or Spirit) for either good or bad but fail to see the underlying notion of using the word 'Godliness' as describing positivity and of good moral value. Wouldn't 'Godliness' be the same as saying 'Spiritfulness' as it would represent neither good nor bad?

I see what you are saying and I apologize if I can off as being picky, but I am quite literal when I either describe or understand something. I hope patience is of a high virtue for you.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

God defines Himself as the bestowal of love to His creation. Reality is defined by suffering of imbalance to find true balance and harmony. Suffering is doing.

Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand."

Reality is constructed as an environment to develop artificial sentience. Suffering is the main educational tool. A person suffers from two directions. Either the direction that is created by choice, or the direction that is designed by choice. If a person takes reward, they suffer the result of the debt that is created. Smoke and you get cancer. If a person gives the work of suffering to himself or others, then reward follows. If a person suffers the work of an education, then reward follows for him and everyone in his family. The direction we take to apply intent to suffering allows toil or reward. Intent is by design and intention is what we desire. Intent is the only way to move a positive direction.

All of this is based on mathematics. Negatives added make more negative. Positives added make more positive or cancel negative. When negatives are at an imbalance, the a multiplier must be sent to allow the debt to be cancelled. LINK

Our sin is a negative. Christ died a horrible death as payment (another negative). When the negatives are multiplied, a positive is restored and debt cancelled. Christ died to pay our debt. This is the ultimate example to us of love.

God is defined by this type of love for His creation. Suffering is seen as unnecessary. Not so. "You must be born again" as Jesus states in John 3. There is no other choice. A soul cannot die. It can only create heaven or hell by its choices. Rest comes every 7000 years for the last 1000.

edit on 26-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You wrote:

["God defines Himself as the bestowal of love to His creation."]

Yes, and from outside the self-contained bubble of faith, this is considered a circle-argument.

Quote: ["Reality is defined by suffering of imbalance to find true balance and harmony. Suffering is doing."]

As are these christian premises on suffering,..... being another circle-argument.

Quote: ["Reality is constructed as an environment to develop artificial sentience. Suffering is the main educational tool. A person suffers from two directions. Either the direction that is created by choice, or the direction that is designed by choice. If a person takes reward, they suffer the result of the debt that is created. Smoke and you get cancer."]

This postulate being constructed by interrupting the concept of the 'causality-chain' and adding some religious assumption in the middle.

Quote: ["All of this is based on mathematics. Negatives added make more negative. Positives added make more positive or cancel negative. When negatives are at an imbalance, the a multiplier must be sent to allow the debt to be cancelled."]

Only your version of 'christian mathematics'. It has nothing to do with normal mathematics.

Quote: [" Our sin is a negative. Christ died a horrible death as payment (another negative). When the negatives are multiplied, a positive is restored and debt cancelled. Christ died to pay our debt. This is the ultimate example to us of love."]

So the alleged redemption is a case of multiplication, not addition. How comes...because this fits with your predecided 'answer' possibly??

Quote: ["Suffering is seen as unnecessary. Not so. "You must be born again" as Jesus states in John 3."]

Sure. Bible-doctrines 'prove' bible-doctrines.

Quote: [" There is no other choice."]

A statement only valid for you.

edit on 26-9-2011 by bogomil because: syntax

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I was going to attempt to break down your response but looks like Bogomil has already done so. I believe you've missed the concept of this thread. Steering away from Ideologies, such as Christianity, you must look at how God can be defined objectively, not subjectively from a religious standpoint. I, personally, used to be Christian myself for 18 years of my life, so I've seen and heard all the arguments ever made. Always seeing the larger picture, I could never accept for truth what an old man standing at a podium claimed to be or not to be. Up until recently, I was still wondering the best way to define God then one day it all just fell in one place. We cannot understand the Ether or Spirit side of things so we conform to an ideology and accept its theory as truth and call the Ether or Spirit God. It's very simple to realize once it falls in place for you. Thanks for your response nonetheless!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Yes, I understand exactly what you mean. Although, Godliness would form from the Spirit or Ether as well as Satanism. For example, the idea of God as of present is of good moral value and Satan would be of bad moral value. I fear that with the connotation of Magnificent or Good attached to God, it is difficult to transparently describe its true nature. I feel that you are correct in having the choice to use your God-Like Power (Ether or Spirit) for either good or bad but fail to see the underlying notion of using the word 'Godliness' as describing positivity and of good moral value. Wouldn't 'Godliness' be the same as saying 'Spiritfulness' as it would represent neither good nor bad?

I see what you are saying and I apologize if I can off as being picky, but I am quite literal when I either describe or understand something. I hope patience is of a high virtue for you.

Yes its my choice of words - godliness meaning GOODNESS I think as in goodliness - I dont think your picky its really my fault as I should have explained more fully what I mean. I just feel basically that we have that 'goodliness' if you like, within us all and we choose to use that. People liken God to goodness but I think of it as divine energy to present good and that people have the ability to produce goodness to others..

I wonder if I am just making more of a hash of this
well hopefully not, but I just dont see 'god' as anything other than the kindness within people - the idea of purity is in everyone, the gestures of compassion and giving etc. When people talk about God they would associate all those things with 'him' as a rule -
I am not a big believer of satan at all either if I was honest. I think the hell and firepit interpretations are way off beam that has come down to us over history but that does not mean I am right its just my own thoughts on the matter. Good and Bad - right from wrong - devil and god - Jesus and the serpent. Its all positive and negative but to me it transpires down to the two paths - two choices - you either are more inclined one way or the other as a person and I feel that Goodness - ie Godliness is the conscience and we have it within us all to use that wisely and kindly.

So finally my interpretation of God is the divine energy that is within us all and not as a 'person' or persona.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

you said to SuperiorEd,

So the alleged redemption is a case of multiplication, not addition.
Maybe rules of English grammar.
He has his pet invention that he likes to promote which is that two negatives cancel each other out.
It is his philosophy but not one the Bible supports. You may be giving him too much legitimacy by attaching the Christian label to his theories.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by bogomil

you said to SuperiorEd,

So the alleged redemption is a case of multiplication, not addition.
Maybe rules of English grammar.
He has his pet invention that he likes to promote which is that two negatives cancel each other out.
It is his philosophy but not one the Bible supports. You may be giving him too much legitimacy by attaching the Christian label to his theories.

SuperEd has many interesting and personal ideas, the most fascination perhaps being, that he has the knack of associating complete dissociated things with each other and conjurer-like always finding 'god' somewhere in the midst of it...as he presently calls it....."connecting the dots".

After some consideration on his comments on this thread, I am tentatively guessing, that SuperEd's 'god' must be bored, since he ('god') wants action, i.e. cosmic dynamics, and that the suffering for biological life build into cosmos is to make the dynamics go faster.

No leaning back and enjoyin anything here, and flagellants will be first in the queu for divine benefits.

Since it's ineffable anyway, it's probably meaningless to speculate on that part, so instead I speculate on how SuperEd constructs his methodologies. He's not your run-of-the-mill definer of anything connected wirh religious dot-connecting.

Eventually it all IS some kind of christianity, e.g. is buddhism a prematurely created subset of christianity.
edit on 26-9-2011 by bogomil because: syntax

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I see what your saying and Godliness is associated with Positivity in today's terminology. I believe that the God within us all want to make things better not only around us but within as well. I definitely see your point and it is a good one. I appreciate your responses and hopefully see you in my future postings. I have a lot of ideas to present to ATS and I love it when we all can add to the conversation.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I see what your saying and Godliness is associated with Positivity in today's terminology. I believe that the God within us all want to make things better not only around us but within as well. I definitely see your point and it is a good one. I appreciate your responses and hopefully see you in my future postings. I have a lot of ideas to present to ATS and I love it when we all can add to the conversation.

Yes me too and look forward to meeting up with your views

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

WE define him...

Some define God as an entity, some define him as a spirit... some define God as non-existant.

I define him as the all... the whole, everything without exception.

You will have a different idea then others might... it depends on what you learn or study, or even if you're searching for God at all.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What defines the God of the Old Testament?

Psychosis, murder, rape, slavery, narcissism, ignorance, stubbornness, Bronze Age knowledge, insanity, hate for women, lack of scientific understanding, schizophrenia, genocide, executions, impossible myth stories, revenge, envy, jealousy, addiction, thirst for blood, death, lies disguised as "mysteries"....

What defines the God of the New Testament?

Psychosis, narcissism, ignorance, stubbornness, cruelty, insanity, slavery, hate for women, lack of scientific understanding, envy, new concept of hell, threats, torture, arrogance, jealousy, deception, blatant contradictions, lies disguised as "mysteries", death hoaxes, .... an occasional reference to love (which means that humans in the Middle East had progressed somewhat since the Old Testament was written, but were still pathetically primitive.)

That's about as accurate as anyone can be and still be brief.

new topics

top topics

join