It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

none, just taking my first dive into ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Greetings Fellow curiosoty seekers. This is my first intro into your world, even though I`m kicking the thin side of 69 years in age. I have a a deep interest in anything and everything except politics! I tremendously enjoy exchanges of new thoughts,ideas and opinions that are shared on this site. (I took a peek around and liked what I saw). So, I hope I can be a welcomed reader and contributor. As an old "hippie

'

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytwo

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

OL Thanks for the welcome. I was trying to finish that last sentence of mine ,but only got the word "hippie" in. I meant to say, that as an old hippie, from that era, I`ve got some interesting stuff stacked up"Brainside" and can`t wait to get into the mainstream of things . So, how about it folks, get me my magic 20, so I can drop my 2 cents worth of stuff here. OK?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Hey Harry!
I'm only new here also (less than a week) & am only about half as experienced in life as you (30-ish yrs!) ...however I reckon there's a good chance I'm twice as cynical as you are. I'm really having difficulty finding reliable sources of "news" these days, so I "filter-feed"! ATS seemed to be a bit of a beacon, with tons of interesting little nuggets of information, allowing us to intake the relevent and bypass the spurious... dosen't mean there isn't any of that on here, just that we aren't being told what to believe! Have fun, I'm sure I'll see you around on here!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

awww..geez..and here I thought you were trying to tell us something 'deep" in a cool sort of hippie way..with a lot of "wall space". ..

Happy to have you on board..I love your generation...and I'm sure you have lots of interesting thoughts to add to the threads.

now hurry up and get those 20.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Welcome harrytwo

We look forward to hearing your thoughts and comments. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hmmm..... I suspect I know this old hippie.......you found it eh? Welcome! I think you'll have fun here!
You can get your 20 posts just by replying in threads.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Hey, Welcome to ATS. Cant wait to hear your what you've got to say!
See you on the boards.
Take it easy

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverkiss

Silverkiss,
Uh-huh! Much better than "handshake"! Corny, huh? Thanks for the welcome and Ditto to you too. I guess when we get the green-light from the powers that be, we `ll probably bump into eachother later...Take care.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey303oNaRoLL

Mikey!, Thanks for the welcome. Are you old enough to remember that old TV commercial ,where the kids are sitting around a breakfast table, not really interested in eating some new cereal? Then, all of a sudden, little Mikey, starts eating it and the other kid says," Look, Mikey likes it" and then they all start eating it.(Whew!)
Well, that`s how your name just hit me. Some trigger effect,huh? Sorry for the long winded blab.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Bluesma,
First ,Thanks for the welcome post. Well, if you`re knowing about hippies, instead of reading about them, then I guess we might be in the same boat! Peace!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS harrytwo

Hope you enjoy it here. Cya around.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Taking your first "dive", don't hit your head on the bottom my friend!!

In all seriousness, welcome to ATS!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thank you JohnnyA. I`m looking forward to getting my feet wet in this ver-r-r-r-y interesting site. Take care & thanks for the extra info.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

gabby,
Thanks for the welcome. I promise to "fulfill" your concepts of cool hippie-isms, once I get the hot 20`s in my pocket. Later....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

kiwifoot,
Thanks for the welcome. Looks like you`ve been at this "hitching post" for a few years. I `d guess you`ve "been there,done that", many, many times,right? Later on, when I get my "get out of jail pass", from the masters, I might need a few head knocks, just to get things straight. See you around.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Rising Against,
Thanks for the welcome. Looking at your username over JFK`s head, I`m assuming you might be swimming in the same aging waters as me(give or take a few years,maybe) Again thanks. I`ll be looking forward to join in on whatever turns my crank.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytwo
reply to post by gabby2011

gabby,
Thanks for the welcome. I promise to "fulfill" your concepts of cool hippie-isms, once I get the hot 20`s in my pocket. Later....

sorry..don't have any concepts of of cool hippisms.. was only joking with you..so no need to promise for fulfillment of any kind.

I have no expectations... this I can assure you.. Have fun on the board,, It really is mostly entertainment value on here.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
No diving.
No running.
No horseplay.

I thought I caught a whiff of patchouli when I logged in today....

Welcome to the commune. The "further" bus is ready for departure, and the Acid Test is in full swing.

Enjoy your stay.

new topics

top topics

join