It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Humanity Withstand An Invasion Of Earth By Evil Aliens From Outer Space?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectPerception

Originally posted by firegoggles
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I have news for you.. One day you all are going to get what you want and there won't be one person of faith in the world. Then see how you like it with LOVE completely absent from the human race.

I'm sorry...what exactly determines people of faith equaling love? so you are saying if a time came where their were no Christians/Muslims or religions that love would then be absent? I am sorry,I disagree.
I know many loving people who are agnostic or atheist,I think your point is moot.

Nice post. Imagine how many people have died because of religious beliefs. If anything....absence of religion makes people a little nicer to each other. If a person thinks that this is their once and only go around...they tend to treat their and others lives and time togeather with a bit more respect. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
"god drives a flying saucer"...thats what i think anyways. humanity invented god to explain the unexplainable and as a way to justify our own barbarism..."god will lead us to victory"! ,meanwhile, the opposing army is saying the same thing!...it's unbelievable and actually makes me laugh...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by vedatruth
reply to post by Gazrok

As in an airplane, the ratio of useful load to total weight matters, so in a space ship.
You need energy to travel, even if you could somehow build a very very large ship with agriculture on it.
The darkness of interstellar space does not provide you with solar energy.

Nobody so far has got my basic point - an alien race cannot have infinite resources to build an infinitely powerful spaceship. They will have constriants just like earth people have. The ability to go 5x VOL does not solve every problem.

If you work from a realistic situation, of a ship that can go fast, but still limited by fuel, and weight it can carry, you will get a more relistic war scenario.

Many sightings / contacts have been reported, but of relatively small craft. I call them scout ships. No contact has yet described a very large mother ship. So we should wait for that, before we assume that ETs are all powerful.

Your description of an Alien craft is based on the assumption that they travel great distances by conventional means. This is not so. Even travel from Earth to our nearest stellar neigbor...Proxima...approx. 4 plus lightyears distant....thats over 24 TRILLION MILES....it would take centuries even if the craft could slowly accelerate to close to light speed....then decelerate as to not kill everyone aboard.

E.T. is using a GRAVITIC DRIVE. They are either folding space or are creating a directional singularity to fall towards. In either case...inertia is negated and in the first scenario they are traveling one dimentionally thus instantaniously changing one positional point of position to any other point in the Universe. In the second case...they are traveling at faster than light speeds in a subspace. Either way...it is not like your description.
Split Infinity

There is no proof of the kind of technology you describe.

a. Folding space - please read my earlier posts. This theory is science fiction.
b. Gravitic drive - gravity is a weak force. It is the electrical forces that are strong (10^20).

I request you to get educated on "real" science. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

OOOooooOOOOooooO! A STINGING RETORT! LOLOL! I should get an education eh? OK there ROCKET BOY! LOL!

For your information....Gravity is NOT A FORCE! This is the way grade School Teachers explain what Gravity is...but in reality...Gravity is TIME/SPACE GEOMETRY and for it to be a FORCE...there would have to exist a Graviton or a HIGGS-BOSON PARTICLE that despite all attempts....neither has been found because they DO NOT EXIST.

I believe I have a FAR GREATER understanding of Physics as well as Quantum Mechanics as compared to you so if I were you...I wouldn't be so quick to judge before making such statements. Especially when you make the UNINFORMED ROOKIE MISTAKE of calling Gravity a FORCE.

And yes...for many years gravity has been defined as the WEAK FORCE and MAGNETISM DEFINED AS THE STRONG FORCE. But this was because to define it in any other REALISTIC TERMS...would confuse those who were just beginning to learn.

AND FOR THE RECORD....GRAVITY....is a perfect example of ONE DIMENTIONAL EXPRESSION of mass curving or folding space...so your statement that these things are fantasy....is BS.

Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You are influenced by deeply confused 'pseudo' scientists. This is all I can say.

Can you prove that gravity is not a force - by any scientific method that you have?

And do not worry about me. I have decent education compared to many others. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

You are influenced by deeply confused 'pseudo' scientists. This is all I can say.

Can you prove that gravity is not a force - by any scientific method that you have?

And do not worry about me. I have decent education compared to many others. Thanks.

OK...I will. In every example of Force...Mass is FORCED into a state of movement by either KINETIC TRANSFER or MAGNETIC ATTRACTION OR REPULSION. If I have a round ball of...lets say...Iron...I can use a magnet to move this ball...thus the UNFILLED ELECTRON ORBITS will draw electrons from another atoms orbits that are full or overfull and this will cause movement. Same thing in reverse.

I can hit a baseball with a bat and through KINETIC TRANSFER...will force the ball into motion from this transfer.

But reguardless of the ball being Iron or a material that is not prone to being magnetic....or attracted by such....if I drop these balls here on Earth....a planet that is warping space by a created singularity....BOTH BALLS OBTAIN MOTION AND DROP. Now...why is this so? Is there any magnetic attraction? NO. Is there any kinetic interaction or transfer....NO. Is there ANY PARTICLES OF ANYKIND CAUSING THE BALLS TO FALL? NO!

Unlike FORCE...which must use kinetic transfer or magnetic attraction or repultion to obtain motion....GRAVITY does not do this. In reality...THE BALLS DO NOT ACTUALLY MOVE! Rather....the balls exist at different points of one dimensional singularity dependent upon time. THUS....in a ONE DIMENSIONAL STATE....THE BALLS ACTUALLY EXIST AT ALL POINTS OF POSITION....but because our Universe has more than one dimentional states....we observe these balls at different points based on an intersecting 4-d state that is time.

So...there you go! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

OK...I will. In every example of Force...Mass is FORCED into a state of movement by either KINETIC TRANSFER or MAGNETIC ATTRACTION OR REPULSION. If I have a round ball of...lets say...Iron...I can use a magnet to move this ball...thus the UNFILLED ELECTRON ORBITS will draw electrons from another atoms orbits that are full or overfull and this will cause movement. Same thing in reverse.

I can hit a baseball with a bat and through KINETIC TRANSFER...will force the ball into motion from this transfer.

But reguardless of the ball being Iron or a material that is not prone to being magnetic....or attracted by such....if I drop these balls here on Earth....a planet that is warping space by a created singularity....BOTH BALLS OBTAIN MOTION AND DROP. Now...why is this so? Is there any magnetic attraction? NO. Is there any kinetic interaction or transfer....NO. Is there ANY PARTICLES OF ANYKIND CAUSING THE BALLS TO FALL? NO!

Unlike FORCE...which must use kinetic transfer or magnetic attraction or repultion to obtain motion....GRAVITY does not do this. In reality...THE BALLS DO NOT ACTUALLY MOVE! Rather....the balls exist at different points of one dimensional singularity dependent upon time. THUS....in a ONE DIMENSIONAL STATE....THE BALLS ACTUALLY EXIST AT ALL POINTS OF POSITION....but because our Universe has more than one dimentional states....we observe these balls at different points based on an intersecting 4-d state that is time.

So...there you go! Split Infinity

Your analysis is flawed.

1. When you hold the ball in your hand - the force of gravity is still working on the ball. This force causes the weight of the ball to be felt by your hand.

When you drop the ball, your hand is no longer providing the counter force. So the ball drop due to gravitational force acting on the ball.

The acceleration of an object is due to net force (Net of all vectors acting on the object). The ball held by your hand is stationary as gravitation force is balanced by force applied by your hand.

2. Kinetic motion is due to the force acting on the nucleus of the atom, not the electrons. The electrons move in the conductor due to flow of electricity without any kinetic motion of the conductor.

3. Magnetic force acts on the nucleus of the atom, not the electrons. This is what causes motion of two magnetic objects. The electrons move with the nucleus.

4. The "dimension" business is all confusion. The problem is 'gravitational model' does not explain the structure of our galaxy, leave alone the universe.

5. Time and space are independent. Space is a 'created' entity, whileas time is not. Space is created by expansion of the matter (what science calls big bang theory). Time is one directional and exists even when there is no universe.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

It is your statement that is flawed. You state that a force is being pushed down upon the ball....what exactly comprises this force? And don't just say...GRAVITY....explain exactly what is happening. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
As far as my explaination not providing reasons for the structure of the galaxy...that is because our galactic structure is governed by the encompassing laws of a MULTIVERSE...in which Dark Matter and Energy...when taken into account provide the addequate material for structure as well as the likelyhood that sub-particles of matter...such as...say...quarks that inhabit a proton and neutron....blink in and out of this universal space/time to exchange possitions with alternate duplicate particles in other Multiversal states.

A quark within a proton or neutron never are less than a certain quantity or more than a certain quantity....they exist in many variations of Universal states within particles in the Multiverse. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
As long as Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum are still alive.

OT: I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
As far as magnetic force....certain elements or atoms....either have electon orbits that are full or not. Those that are not...have the ability to take on additional electrons in those unfilled orbits...such as Iron....which is an element that can become magnetised.

An Element such as Alluminum....which has full electon orbits cannot be magnetised or become magnetic.

When you describe electrons moving with the atoms nucleus....you are much more describing when two identical magnetic poles come in close proximity to each other...as they repel each other. Opposite poles attract. This is not the same as taking on or releasing electrons. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Reguardless of all the above...any object of mass will warp space. The greater the mass...the greater the warpeture. Since matter and energy are actually interchangable....it is possible to FOOL the space/time continuum into believing that a large amount of directed energy is actually matter with mass.

Thus E.T. can create a massive amount of evergy to warp or fold space just as a planetary body does. The greater the warpeture....the greater the curve or fold created so they need not travel through interstellar space....they can just JUMP POINT TO POINT. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a link that explains everything that is known about gravity > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

The simple answer to many questions you asked me is this - science is groping in the dark, as science has not yet understood the the fundamental particles of matter as well as the reason of the fundamental forces operating in the Universe.

I have explained to you the scientific theory as per observation. Now you can explain your scientific theory as per observation. Do not forget that science is not mathematics, it is experimental. So whatever you say, describe experiments that prove your theory.

Anybody can make up any theory, but he has to prove that using experiments.

You can say dimensions, multiverse etc as you wish, but then you need proof to prove that.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The simple answer to many questions you asked me is this - science is groping in the dark, as science has not yet understood the the fundamental particles of matter as well as the reason of the fundamental forces operating in the Universe.

I have explained to you the scientific theory as per observation. Now you can explain your scientific theory as per observation. Do not forget that science is not mathematics, it is experimental. So whatever you say, describe experiments that prove your theory.

Anybody can make up any theory, but he has to prove that using experiments.

You can say dimensions, multiverse etc as you wish, but then you need proof to prove that.

There are a few observations that point to what I have posted...one of then being something that I have seen and is the topic of this forum....E.T. craft and their observable movements and behavior.

Now I know that is something that few of us have seen so I will list other observations.

Unlike any other percieved or mesurable force...Gravity alone is responsible for observed and documented time dialation. I have posted this before...two atomic clocks in sync...on placed on the space shuttle...one left on earth.

After 10 days of orbiting traveling in excess of 18,000mph....the clock on the shuttle returns to earth and is found to be behind in time to the earth based clock...thus a form of FORWARD TIME TRAVEL. This can only be accomplished by traveling at speed away from a gravity well or orbiting at distance from one. Thus proof of the existance of a singularity or ONE DIMENTIONAL CONDITION.

THIS IS NOT FORCE. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I appreciate your knowledge. You are the person I love to discuss with.

You should learn about Veda. I am sure you would like that.

The 'behindness' of atomic clock is not due to time becoming slow - it is due to the vibration of the atom becoming slower.

Each atom is vibrating like a pendulum - nucleus and electrons together.

Gravity imparts a 'potential energy' to the atom. It is like the concept of entropy of a volume of gas in a confined space. The entropy increases when you add heat, and decreases when you remove heat from that volume of gas.

Please read all my posts in other threads as well. I am sure you will like that.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I appreciate your knowledge. You are the person I love to discuss with.

You should learn about Veda. I am sure you would like that.

The 'behindness' of atomic clock is not due to time becoming slow - it is due to the vibration of the atom becoming slower.

Each atom is vibrating like a pendulum - nucleus and electrons together.

Gravity imparts a 'potential energy' to the atom. It is like the concept of entropy of a volume of gas in a confined space. The entropy increases when you add heat, and decreases when you remove heat from that volume of gas.

Please read all my posts in other threads as well. I am sure you will like that.

Thank you for the nice comment...i also enjoy talking to you.

Time Dialation as is observed in this case...has to do with the construct of Space/Time that governs how time will pass in a non-linear fasion dependent upon distance and velocity from one state of perception to another.

As far as vibrationary states of matter or energy....there are several types or conditions. The definition of HEAT...is simply the vibrationary state of matter as to slow this vibrationary state...will cause matter to become cold and to increace it will cause it to become hot.

In the case of slowing down this vibrationary state to the extreme...as was done by a directed laser to create the BOSE-EINSTIEN CONDENSATE....MATTER ACTUALLY OBTAINS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STATE ....besides the known states of SOLID...LIQUID...GAS...PLASMA. Google Bose-Einstien condensate...it is very interesting and the history of different teams working with different elements is amazing.

There is another type of QUANTUUM VIBRATIONARY STATE...that is consistant with ALTERNATE REALITIES and MATTER occupying the same space. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
"3. Magnetic force acts on the nucleus of the atom, not the electrons. This is what causes motion of two magnetic objects. The electrons move with the nucleus. "

Magnetic fields act on all charged particles in motion. Particles experience forces; furthermore elementary particles also have intrinsic magnetic moments of their own and these also interact with magnetic fields.

In ferromagnetic materials (like iron), which are typically called "magnetic materials" by laymen because the effects of magnetism are much higher, the strong attraction to permanent magnets arise because of alignment of electronic spins, not nuclear spins. Ferromagnetism is a consequence of quantum mechanics of electrons in materials; the nuclear spin is not important.

Einsteinian gravitation is considered to be different from other forces in its intrinsic nature. For instance, in a rough sense the other forces are reasonably 'independent' and you can in most cases consider them independently. The strong nuclear force works on protons and neutrons the same way (of course they have different quarks), then you add in the electromagnetic effects to get the overall behavior.

Gravitation however changes the underlying geometry of space (this is not yet proven to hold on a microscopic, quantum mechanical world but there must be some effect) in which all particles/forces act. Gravity appears to add up everything in its source term, all energies & forces, say kinetic energy plus electromagnetic energy plus nuclear binding energy. This is rather different from other forces---say a neutrino does not interact electromagnetically.

This is clearly false. There has been a huge revolution since 1800. Now we understand in a quantitatively predictive way the properties of all atoms found on Earth. We have been able to make quite specific predictions about how even stars and galaxies work, and then find them later validated with clear experimental evidence. To me the most spectacular is the observations of neutrinos from supernova SN1987A (I remember how excited my school's astrophysicists were). We had prevoiusly made predictions about how supernovae work based on complex physics, and they predicted a pulse of nuclear fusion and massive neutrino pulse. And we saw it---from a supernova many light-years away. That's actually amazing---consider the chain of reasoning and science necessary to do that.

Splitinfinity:

There is another type of QUANTUUM VIBRATIONARY STATE...that is consistant with ALTERNATE REALITIES and MATTER occupying the same space. Split Infinity

Can you elaborate? I don't know what you're getting at exactly.

edit on 30-9-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There are some concepts that I cannot post on the Internet, which are taken from Veda.

I can answer all your questions, but I am prohibited from telling certain things to the un-initiated.

Veda has answers to all Physics questions, as God Himself tells about what He has created and How.

Matter cannot be understood without understanding God. Time also cannot be understood without understanding God.

The loss of Vedic knowledge has made people atheists - unable to grasp the finer points of Creation.

I stick to my point that space travel is difficult, hazardous, and uncertain.

Any ET civilization that exists will undertake a "migration" scenario only under duress. Nobody leaves his home until forced to do so.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

What you have pointed out is an unproven theory.

Electron orbits of all atoms respond to energy input, ir-respective of magnetism.

See it is difficult for me to refute entire Wikipedia. That will become an endless discussion.

I think we should start from 'proven' theories, which help us to arrive at a decent conclusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join