It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this REALLY the UARS???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cohort
To me it looks just like a high flying Airplane with the sun glinting off of it.

Thats my take on it

From the YouTuber: Ufoguitaris:

Yes, a couple of times it sounded like there was big airplane close to the house, but when I went outside to take video, I didn't see anything. So, either it flew by to fast for me to catch or I mis-understand the source of the noise. I saw a whole bunch of passenger jets doing circles today, that sometimes means, something up.

It just doesn't look like a plane. Maybe a mylar balloon tumbling and spinning (changing shapes) but I just can't see a conventional aircraft.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Don't be afraid of the Phage's grim band wagoon, friend.
It's a classic behavior from who hold the supreme knowledge....

It's not ISS, It's not URAS.
Officially, at this moment, this object must be called U F O!
Thanks for share this video. S&F

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Don't be afraid of the Phage's grim band wagoon, friend.
It's a classic behavior from who hold the supreme knowledge....

It's not ISS, It's not URAS.
Officially, at this moment, this object must be called U F O!
Thanks for share this video. S&F

Yeah it is a quintessential UFO so far and that's why the Mod moved this thread to UFO.

Am hoping more will chime in with their opinions.

Thanks for leaving a decent post unlike others

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I highly doubt it. For one.. the lack of a smoke or fire trail shows it isnt entering our atmosphere, its already in it. Also the fact that the UARS was already mentioned by NASA that it has slowed down and its re-entry will not be until LATE 23rd early 24th.

What you have there is clearly a mystery.

P.S. That was a HUGE bug you caught there at the beginning !!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

but it looks too slow for a satellite.

most are so fast you see the same ones looping back round the earth on a clear night

If you live in Canada, maybe. Is that it?

I mention that because seeing successive orbits requires very particular lighting conditions, such as occur only in high latitudes with 'midnight sun' effects. It also requires an observing latitude close to the orbit's northern extreme so that two successive ground tracks can be close enough BOTH to be visible from the same ground site.

I was able to see ISS two passes in a row from northern Maine for exactly that sort of reason last August -- but practically never from Texas.

Normal altitude satellites seen from more common viewing areas may be visible on one pass but the next pass is usually a thousand miles to the west, and after orbital sunset so it's not illuminated at all.

edit on 23-9-2011 by JimOberg because: add details

edit on 23-9-2011 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The expected ground tracks during the possible entry interval can be found here, and they sure enough to cross a lot of US and Europe overnight when it'll happen:
reentrynews.aero.org...

There are even a few locations with a chance to see it sunlit after sunset, check out
www.heavens-above.com and register your location.

It's already so low that its visual angular rate is humongous -- maybe 2-3 degrees per second versus the more normal 1 deg/sec for ISS. That's not so much a matter of speed [it IS going somewhat faster] but simply of parallax of a much closer object.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
The expected ground tracks during the possible entry interval can be found here, and they sure enough to cross a lot of US and Europe overnight when it'll happen:
reentrynews.aero.org...

There are even a few locations with a chance to see it sunlit after sunset, check out
www.heavens-above.com and register your location.

It's already so low that its visual angular rate is humongous -- maybe 2-3 degrees per second versus the more normal 1 deg/sec for ISS. That's not so much a matter of speed [it IS going somewhat faster] but simply of parallax of a much closer object.

Thanks Jim! But I still don't see how fast this satellite, right now, is traveling. Would you know? Approximately?

And to Phage....and I quote (thanks to Jim's link):

During reentry, the object is decelerating quickly and the loads on the structure can exceed 10 Gs (10 times the acceleration of gravity). These loads combine with the high temperature to cause the structure to break apart.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by herruher
I highly doubt it. For one.. the lack of a smoke or fire trail shows it isnt entering our atmosphere, its already in it. Also the fact that the UARS was already mentioned by NASA that it has slowed down and its re-entry will not be until LATE 23rd early 24th.

What you have there is clearly a mystery.

P.S. That was a HUGE bug you caught there at the beginning !!

Is that a fact? The satellite will be emitting a plume of something (either smoke or fire)? Wow. Can you imagine seeing this descending over your house? I know the odds are favorable that this will land in the water but they seem to act ambiguously apathetic. Like, "meh, what's a few lives worth when there's a planet of 7 billion'

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

me and mrs beaver went camping a while back with some friends, we saw two looping over each other (one was faster than the other and we saw a regular race)

very impressive to watch, and a bit freaky until you realise the pattern is too boring to be a millenium falcon!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So you take the word of the uploader?

It can't be UARS, it's still in LEO and has apparently slowed down, plus it's not large enough to be seen from the ground during daylight.

So my guess is a airplane.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

So you take the word of the uploader?

It can't be UARS, it's still in LEO and has apparently slowed down, plus it's not large enough to be seen from the ground during daylight.

So my guess is a airplane.

Ummm, no. That's why I made the thread. This was taken earlier today anyway. Besides who is up on where a LEO satellite should be in the sky? You make it sound like a given. Don't know about you... but it's of my opinion that half the population doesn't even know where a given planet is located.

But to recap, this does not look like a satellite. In fact it doesn't even resemble an airplane.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by JimOberg

me and mrs beaver went camping a while back with some friends, we saw two looping over each other (one was faster than the other and we saw a regular race)

very impressive to watch, and a bit freaky until you realise the pattern is too boring to be a millenium falcon!

I don't know why but that struck me as hilarious "me and mrs beaver went camping".
I am still laughing

I apologize if that is your real name but it just sounds so funny! Thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Hi.
In my judgment/opinion;

It looks to me like the object descends because the object grows in size. At the most light reflecting moment, it then ascends and becomes smaller reflecting less light.

Assuming not CGI, this object is quite magnanimous in relative size to the clouds isn't it? To me it remains unidentified, unless it's this:
offsite photo
Source
or this?
Source

edit on (9/23/1111 by loveguy because:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

haha, it's so not my real name, I just find it as funny as you

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Hi.
In my judgment/opinion;

It looks to me like the object descends because the object grows in size. At the most light reflecting moment, it then ascends and becomes smaller reflecting less light.

Assuming not CGI, this object is quite magnanimous in relative size to the clouds isn't it? To me it remains unidentified, unless it's this:
offsite photo
Source

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I wish most of the posts were like yours.

"Magnanimous"....? Now there's a word you don't hear every day (note-to-self: Should work on 4-syllable words more often)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Phage
No, it's not UARS.

"Traveling a few G's"

Why don't you share your infinite wisdom with me instead of just a 'no' and a puzzle icon????

You're obviously not accustomed to Phage's superiority complex.

If you're going to hang out here then get used to it and for heavens sake don't ever question his motives or you will suffer the wrath of the mods.

This reply to be deleted in 3.....2......

edit on 23-9-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by loveguy

Hi.
In my judgment/opinion;

offsite photo
Source

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I wish most of the posts were like yours.

"Magnanimous"....? Now there's a word you don't hear every day (note-to-self: Should work on 4-syllable words more often)

I added an item in previous post here...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Latest Space Command prediction is for entry across Africa in about 5 hours, just predawn over there. The track runs from Nigeria down across Namibia and South Africa, If it does come in there, expect a lot of fireball sightings and videos. Maybe even a few UFO reports.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join