It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California, US: Mysterious Floor Shaking at Santa Cruz County Jail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Here in California, especially larger communities the underground gas pipelines are faulty and in horrible condition.
This is heavily downplayed by the media due to the overwhelming costs it will take simply to address the issue by the utility companies as well as local and state govt.
Id guess underground pipes ( gas or water) was the cause, and they are hesitant to say so.

Just watch CA news reports.. if anything happens that could be REMOTELY associated with the faulty gas/pipe infrastructure, it's always noted, and instantly downplayed.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfinguru
Wow, this is pretty interesting. I live in Santa Cruz and my guess is since the jail is literally right next to the levee for the San Lorenzo River, that's got something to do with it.

Jail Location
I'll have to put my money on that as well. It probably has something to do with the water table underneath the structure. The building's foundation may have shifted due to hydrostatic pressure. The shifting or movement of the structural foundations could explain the damaged flooring.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Is it just me or do most Mickey D's floors have the same tiling as the prison floors?

They use the same hamburger meat, so its possible!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It looks like big Bubba is doing more than just rattling the headboards with his new biatch, the authorities will have to get him a water bed to absorb the shockwaves

edit on 23/9/11 by yellowbeard because: removed erronius extra "the"

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

So, okay, I have to chime in here. The weird thing is that I live where the second gas explosion occurred in Calif. SF Bay area. The official reason here is that the T's used back in the 60's and 70's are splitting and leaking. They found 6 other places here around us that were also leaking natural gas. There are also broken water pipes that recently showed up and are causing management headache$. The stairs out side our house are settling widening a crack that I can see slowly growing. Inside our house there is a crack in the wall which is widening month by month (I know cause I been marking it with a felt pen).

So now you go and show me this but about SC and now I'm pretty sure what we are witnessing here is ground displacement by tectonic forces. Woops, I said it (face palm, face palm, face palm)
I sure do hope not. I want to believe that stress is being relieved currently, not building.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Great find pred!

I notice that there are two separate ridges at right angles, this is probably exacerbated by the fact that they are square tiles. Point is, this is clear evidence of force applied in multiple directions simultaneously.

I am somewhat reminded of Cymatics

Does anyone know the soil type of the area, this would have an affect on any seismo-acoustic waves.

Also:
We have an outlier.

There is a sudden -20mm change from the previous reading of around +5mm. So a difference of 25mm in between the times of the plots of the data points.

There is a southward movement also, but there have been a few in the time frame of these graphs.

There has been no other such down movement in the past 30 days.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Of all of the threads I have clicked on that didn't live up to its title....
your title doesn't do your thread justice!!

I almost didn't click on it.

I figured "big deal, the ground was shaking a little".

THE DAMN TILES ARE POPPING OFF THE FLOOR!!

Not an earthquake???
What the hell is it then?!?!?!

And YES this is EXACTLY like the movie 2012!
If you can't see that then you don't WANT to see it.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Blessed be,
I had that happen in my house once three years ago. I had Large square tiles on the floor and they popped up like that only it was in a cross pattern ( this was in The Netherlands ), no quakes reported, the neighbors didn't have the problem. I called out the the landlord and he notified the town officials and they looked under my house with one of those camera's on a wire ( you know the kind that they use to look into sewers and such ) and they couldn't find anything. They then started checking the wole house and found that my house had shrunk (horizontally, not vertically ) by 10 centimeters and they just couldn't explain it. I moved out within 2 weeks of this happening, I ain't staying in a house that shrinks! Still no answer as to why it shrunk!

Namasté

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Could it be more underground work by the government? Just a thought =)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I do not see any mystery here, something expanded and created tension in the tiles, making them pop.
Check the cleaner, he propably used to much water..

And the headline is wrong, there is no mention of shaking in the article.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KhaliWitch

Exactly the same thing happend to my folks' house. It was in a new part of the house that had been built a couple of years earlier. It was also due to shrinkige. Quite the boom&crack that was!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Sounds like a failed attempt at a jail break.

I've seen the 2012 movie as well, and I've seen a lot of jail break movies too, why not use one of those jail movies to give it some similarity the way some have compared this to the 2012 movie.

What happened to the neighboring buildings, same floor issues?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The strangest part, although the photographs are limited, is the lack of wall damage.

I would have expected wall damage.

Also the under section seems intact as well. Bizarre.

Oh, and there's no liquid visible so that kind of rules out water pipe explosion.

I don't know.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
I do not see any mystery here, something expanded and created tension in the tiles, making them pop.
Check the cleaner, he propably used to much water..

And the headline is wrong, there is no mention of shaking in the article.

Yeah it appears this is an isolated event.
Even the wall's aren't damaged.

Do you think this could be the result of a mistake by the workers?
And it's a big "mystery" so he doesn't get in trouble and get fired?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Considering how nobody knows what caused it.... it...is .. a mystery....

And how the hell would cleaners do that??? Why would that even be a thought? Seriously? Cleaners?

Seems like the earth is bubbling, expanding, contracting, and shifting, and this is a minor effect...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Could be the old pipes that run under the building acting up..
or... there is a secret underground base under that place, and they just had some kind of acident

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It's simple, there has got to be a prisoner there with an army of moles coming to dig an escape tunnel for him

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There are a few geologic activities that can cause this type of damage. Faults can slip without causing an earthquake especially in unconsolidated sediments. This type of faulting goes unnoticed until there is obvious physical damage to buildings. This happened in Houston on I-10 at Bunkerhill. The freeway, before the new one, had a two foot rise that would launch your car a little. This was caused by a fault creeping along a little at a time without causing an earthquake. The same thing happens on the San Andreas at PCH. PCH is falling into the sea as the fault creeps along.

Also, paleo landslides that we build upon can be activated by weather or humans loading the slide plane by building and adding weight to it, or by removing material below the paleo landslide and causing the slide to activate. A geological consultant in the area can figure out what is going on.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

edit on 23-9-2011 by consciousgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
sorry about the extra posts. screwed by my internet connection.
edit on 23-9-2011 by consciousgod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join