It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The markets are crashing! The markets are crashing!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
These events are gaining momentum, news upon news of how bad things are
on the markets. they will need to re-calibrate, nobody will have any security until, we have
some old fashioned tarriffs in place to give a more even playing field. but first
the market has the # it's self before. and that won't be pretty for a long time.
It's the prefect environment for civil unrest to occure, not that i advocate blowing
up government buildings. it's just one of those likely outcomes
edit on 22-9-2011 by wondera because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

This is pure bs. The markets have been this consistently bad for awhile now. They have been that low before (in recent times)... and it goes right back up. You will know when the "markets have crashed".

Stop with the cut off chicken head routine people, do some research and quit being reactionary. Also if you are worried go bitch slap your government, do not talk about it just go do it. If there really needs to be talking..... that needs to be done. It should be about how to put the government, banker and army complex into submission.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
All things come to an end.

It took 10 years extra and 5 more foreign wars than anticipated but hopefully this is the end to the worst century (+10yrs) that I percieve.

Hopefully the next 100 years will be built for the people by the people and not by the people for the rich.

Hopefully the traders/bankers will be swan diving off their swanky HQ's tonight.

Ps will the last person to jump please turn the lights off and set the demo charges because us average joes never want to see this level of corruption ever again.

edit on 22-9-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

It is currently down quite a bit from the last time I checked earlier today. Down 391.01 at 21:36. I'm seriously contemplating buying a couple cows and starting a garden now lol.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Good hope it totally collapses and takes the entire corrupt system down with it.
World would be better off.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
well tomorrow should be interesting. I wonder if everyone will sell out for the weekend or if the market will remain mostly flat for the day. Next week we find out if Greece get's their bailout or not....tick tock tick tock

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the percentage is, but I do know at a certain point they stop trading so there isn't a total collapse. Will they come out and say the market was artificially inflated? No. They being the MSM. Will Obama? No. What will probably happen if this continues to get worse is people getting louder saying that allowing the free market to go on is dangerous to the economy, and capitalism has failed. If the free market were allowed to go on without the artificial inflation by the Fed or the government, then it would probably be a bit more stable. But the hedge fund guys need to make more money, and big business needs to keep making more money, so by all means Fed, keep interfering. /sarcasm. When Bernanke says they are going to switch their money into long term investments, the stock market starts to tank, combined with the downgrading of countries and banks it is no wonder why the market is acting like this. When the Fed gets involved with the market, or at least let's the public know in advance blammo! Stocks go tumbling. With everything going on, people are continually getting spooked, and the markets act accordingly. But if the markets reach a certain point they will suspend trading. I still think the SEC needs to be investigated. They are supposed to be the watch dogs yet it seems like many things either don't get investigated or are allowed to slip through if the public doesn't catch it. Organizations have to follow certain guidelines called GAAP, generally accepted accounting principles. If the watchdogs and the IRS were doing there jobs, many things like Tyco, Worldcom, Enron, Lehman bros. and Bear Sterns would have been caught many years ago avoiding the crisis' that took place with the markets, to include the housing markets. I would love to see why barrels of oil are still overpriced when Saudi Arabia was behind us on invading Iraq and Afghanistan. Speculators have help cause the rise in oil prices over the last 8 years, but the speculators are rarely implicated.
To stay on topic, I do not believe this will be the big crash people think it will be. The markets will get suspended once it hits a certain point.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Good hope it totally collapses and takes the entire corrupt system down with it.
World would be better off.

(Sorry for saying this but)
I hope to , No more John McCain showing up in the middle east of opening the markets

edit on 22-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Markets will be all green again tomorrow, it was just the FED retaliating to Congress about their comments. In other words, saying, don't tell us how to do things or this is what will happen.

GOP will back off now and things will be ok again. Tomorrow, it's up again.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricWizard
Stop with the cut off chicken head routine people, do some research and quit being reactionary. Also if you are worried go bitch slap your government, do not talk about it just go do it. If there really needs to be talking..... that needs to be done. It should be about how to put the government, banker and army complex into submission.

Yeah, go smack the face of the US government, I'm sure that will turn out really well for you. Let us all know what your master plan is to "put the government, banker and army complex into submission." Enjoy being on a watch list and having your phone and internet tapped.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
will someone please tell me how to start a post..I have something i want to say and can't figure out how to post.I am sorry i asked in the op's thread but i am not really computer literate and i can not figure out..please help me..send me a message or something i really thank you.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

Look to the bottom right of your post, in the lower right hand corner of the page, and you will see a button for "new thread". Just click on it and there you go!

edit on 22-9-2011 by robyn because: fix

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
People behave exactly like animals in the financial markets. In a way, it strips away the powers of reason and you become a zebra in the herd, charging because all the other zebras are charging. For financiers implied intellectual superiority to the average person,IE they are masters of the universe, they know better than the average person, it doesn't say much. More like a bunch of lemmings running off the proverbial cliff.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I hope not because, without word of a lie a good mate of mine broke out of a week long stint in a low/medium security psych ward yesterday then called me to warn that the world as we know it will be finished by Sunday.

If this happens, do you realise the scale of the "you were right, I was wrong" I'm going to have to give!?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Also, I am wondering how much of what is going on is self perpetuating. IE is it just fear reacting to fear? The turmoil itself is causing the turmoil?? I wish the wall streeters would grow a pair or get out.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Things are so bad.....My real father is a stock broker, and I sent him a message, asking him if he is doing okay.
That was days ago, and he still hasn't answered. I'm guessing that is a big "negative".
But he's usually positive to the point of sounding like an idiot, proclaiming it is nothing and this too shall pass tomorrow and all. I am surprised that he might be actually facing reality honestly for once (and that might be a good thing, ultimately)
edit on 22-9-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
these are the factors i see.
under clinton the home mortgage fiasco was released.it took 10~15years for the hyper economy to be created.
the bubble peaked in2001.now we are on the downslide.
this was done because china was growing to fast.we have to devalue our currency to compete with china.
this was all planned out years ago.
the proof is in how moodys and s and p have reacted in the last few years along with the sec.
if you want good returns,go to south america.until we declare war down there ,thats the growing economy.
next you have to realise we have an obligation to social security.this is not an entitlement,its a necessity.we will have this overburden for twenty years.its the price we pay for winning ww2.
most of the wealth of the elderly has and wil
be siphoned off through tbe devaluation of the dollar over the following years.this excess cash will be held by offshore banks to stave off hyper inflation.dont expect many loans.they will make everybodies credit score look like crap.this
is to appease the masses into believing why they cant get a loan.
they will block mass sales of cheap asian cars.by some regulations.
then as birth rates level out.the economy will slowly rebound.
if your looking for safe american investments.goto home health services and the medical products the elderly use.
diapers and catheters and ensure drinks.oil drilling companies will make a comeback as we slowly create more supplies at home to break free of the middle east reserves which have hit their peak production.stay away from companies that are giants like bp shell and ge.good luck

if your money is in a 401k ,inv

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So glad seeing Australian markets kicking arse.

Not even down .5%. Started 2% down and has been getting better by the hour.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC
So glad seeing Australian markets kicking arse.

Not even down .5%. Started 2% down and has been getting better by the hour.

*cues 'Waltzing Matilda'*

P.S we were only down 1.6% mate, not too shabby in comparison with other markets.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Many smart heads and cool nerves Down Under!

Recent trend too. Remember a few weeks ago when the US Markets were down 2%, we ended up near 2% up.

So i guess all this talk about Australia well placed is true.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join