It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting screenshots from Mars, really interesting!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
A few days back I was, again, "exploring" on my google mars and found something that caught my interest.

I took at least 4 different point of views (NEWS) to at least reassure myself that this is an artificial structure not just rocks and and took a shot on what i think is will give it the most sense as to what it really is...wgich is this photo:

this has to be some sort of a facility bout 170 meters long including the building and the building itself is approximately 40 meters high.
could very well be an operation and maintenance facility.and i encircled it with a red line.
i tried posting it on that very day but the ats media wasnt available.( by the way kudos to skeptic overlord SO) for
working ot to bring it back to us....
and heres the clinch,
so i stalled, and when I check my google voila, after barely 24 hrs, except for the redline, the "thing" is gone and here is what it looks now:

i hate to speculate so i leave it to the experts and have their take on this...
edit on 21-9-2011 by alphaMegas because: ad info.d

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
not this one again

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
what exactly did you find... a blurry picture?

and im sorry to tell you they are not that interesting..
edit on 21/9/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
These photos do look like cheap cloud graphics from those on the first Flight Simulator game.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
That's Google Mars, those aren't photos, those are 3D DIM terrane mapping animations.

Do you really think you could discover something on Google anything? At best those terrane maps are 10 meters per pixel, 33-feet for every square block of solid color. You couldn't resolve your house, or for that matter, the Jefferson Memorial in Washington DC, it would be a blob of slightly gradated square pixels that may indicate something circular. Hard to make circles out of squares, unless you have enough.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas
A few days back I was, again, "exploring" on my google mars and found something that caught my interest.

At least 50% of ATS must be driven by our all too human tendency to find meaningful patterns in random data. Whatever it is you find "interesting" in these blurry images, I don't see it. It's like looking at clouds with another person, and they can see the clown face but you can't.

So help us out. What exactly are we supposed to find interesting?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

am not finished yet.
now try looking at it again matey.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I see what you're pointing out, but other people did bring up the fact that it's just simulations.

Don't let them get you down though!

I just wanted to say thanks for contributing and keep searching! It's obvious that there are many things you are interested in and I would love to keep hearing your thoughts.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Your kidding right?

It looks like a natural formation. If anything, it resembles the shape of a penis.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Your kidding right?

It looks like a natural formation. If anything, it resembles the shape of a penis.

Ha Ha! Thats what I was thinking too

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

sorry but no it isn't what you think, a penis...you're gay?
come on man give this forum a decent space...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Im no mars expert, but I do know what a building or facility looks like. I also know what rocks and dirt and hills like......

and to my eye, I dont see anything remotely resembling a facilty......sorry mate.....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by alphaMegas

I would give it a decent space, but this thread is ridiculous... are you blind?

Its dirt and rocks man, give it up.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alphaMegas

*face palm*

Really OP?

ROCKS....and I want to believe, but these threads that clearly show nothing are really starting to grind me. It makes us all look bad.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by astroroach

it's kind of "spot the difference"
image grab taken a day before

and after 24 hrs.

Please take note that the red lines i made were done before the area in question changed.
so the lines were retainerd but the new images came in.
so how could an image, change so drastically?
the images taken 24 hrs before show clearly a well defined structure to hilllocks?
this thing happened also to the images i have with Komarov crater.
so can you still see these crisp images of Komarov crater with a lovely picture perfect of a disc-shaped "thing" you may call a ufo on the edge of this ridge?

nada my friend...all you can see now is an opaque. nearly obliterated surface image of komarov crater.
it just shows, they want us to see what they want us to see...google apps has no control of them...
and the next excruciating question is, who does?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
OMG!

We need to get Hogland involved!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdguy

Originally posted by homeslice
Your kidding right?

Ha Ha! Thats what I was thinking too

Yup, I saw a cock too

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

did you miss the letter "a"? as in hoagland?
anyway. his pictures are really outdated man. he is still clinging tightly to his b/w pixels.
and he is up to a higher level of astro=spiritual researches. so we may as well leave him to where he find his peace of mind, oks matey? (remember the "pirate talkeys" memorial....
can you give us a goody on this?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Plumbduff

you people are too gender oriented...
but somehow nothing on the opposite sex you noticed.
as the OP i do find it more sexier on the ladies side...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

for all your hitech sounding terms "terrane mapping operations" it doesnt even exist in wikipedia.
you might have it confused with "terrain".

<<   2 >>

join