It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So this palestinian bid for statehood...could us backing israel cause a war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So could this Palestinian bid for statehood cause a war? People are taking sides and it's kind of scary. India, Russia, and China vs Us and Israel.

I doubt it would happen. But an interesting thought. Also scary.

What are the repercussions of this?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
So could this Palestinian bid for statehood cause a war? People are taking sides and it's kind of scary. India, Russia, and China vs Us and Israel.

What are the repercussions of this?

the repercussions are obvious, there will be a major war, the palestinians are already out in masses rioting in the streets it is a ticking time bmb waiting for the finaly second them b88m. and the fact sides are being set up is even more disturbing. No wonder they gov officials are running to denver to hide, they knwo what is about to happen...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is very depressing news.
Palestine as a nation among the world would I believe be a way to enfolfd them into the countries of the world. Give a man a voice and dialogue starts and the long winding road to peace can at least be embarkred upon. silencing people who desire self determination only leads to anger and conflict.

Statehood brings a measure of responsibility for ones soiciety ,and encourages dialouge which can request/accept help from fellow member states. The economic armageddon facing the worlds financial markets and economies seems inevitable and IMHO the nations of the earth should wake up pronto and discuss the toilet that the planet is swirling into. Men in bad suits sitting around a table is far preferable to troops and youths firing rounds/rocks/bottles.phosphorus at each other.
Its really hard to stay positive in these times.
All the best ATSers everywhere.
I think Big Badda Boom coming1
Big Badda Boom!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

reply to post by drew1749

I don't doubt it could happen. All in the name of God no less.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
War is a foregone conclusion there and has been for a few hundred years. Once Israel is erased it will be Shia vs. Sunni, or "democratic" government vs. Sharia or whatever other excuse is concocted.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If India wants to step in and tell us we should not be defending Israel at the expense of self-determination for Palestine (which I support completely mind you) then they are hypocrites. Why do they not allow Pakistan to take control over the Muslim dominated areas of disputed Kashmir? Same goes for Russia, why do they not allow Chechnya which is ethnically and religiously an entirely separate area seek out their self-determination? Why does China not permit Tibet to achieve independence and freedom?

Hypocrites all of them! People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Palestinian statehood, Unrest in Syria, Occupation in Iraq, Occupation in Afghanistan, Nuclear race in Iran, 9/11 hijackers were mostly from and financed by Saudi Arabia, Missile shield began in Poland, China's spat over the Spratley islands, the unstable economies throughout the world, our love-hate relationship with Pakistan, and North Korea's need for loving attention are all signs of things coming to a boil. I am sure i missed a few issues, but the fact is the last two world wars began during depression or depression like conditions. One day soon those of us who survive (highly unlikely if your in a major city "sorry") will begin a life very different than the day before. Having a faith that promotes positive energy will be imperative to survive and maintain sanity. Many will become as ravenous dogs prowling the street for any weaker scrap unattended to.

All that being said if at any time in history the end was suspected was during the black plague that killed 3/4 people of the known world and during WW2 when the persecuted were slaughtered only to escape to a cage surrounded by hate.

Spirituality and positive energy are important because we are the Gods of the earth we have the power to make what ever happens here happen. If millions of people feel the end is near or war is near then thoughts will become reality.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Let's not forget however that these conflicts and "right" to prosper in a specific region is drowned in religious rhetoric. There is no doubt in my mind that if the Palestinians successfully attain statehood through the UN vote there will be a major conflict in the area. Hopefully it stays between Israel, Greece, Egypt, Turkey and the Palestinians however.

I think China, Russia, India and everyone else are just weighing in on what they feel is right however it would be asinine for superpowers to go to war over a regional issue. If the U.S. gets dragged into this (which it will) then I could see larger countries with more military might showing up in the battlefield.

It is quite scarey however that lines are seeming to be drawn with specific countries aligning themselves to either side. Ultimately the U.S., Israel, and the EU (what's left of it) will most likely take one side if you will while the rest either try to stay neutral or are against the U.S. The biggest problem I see of a global war that I think most countries realize also is that a war against a country they have economic ties to will severely impact their own structures and possibly put them into a recession.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Do you want truth or speculation?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Both? How can you tell the truth about something that could happen? Up until that moment it's all speculation. Even the most educated guesses are speculation. So really I wanted speculation.

new topics

top topics

join