It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 334
<< 331  332  333    335  336  337 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by itsthetooth

Meh believe me you don't want to be like me. I am only like this because it's the only way I know how to be. The road that I travel is not one that I would wish on my worst enemy, as it is just plain lonely, but I am what I am. That's what these clowns don't seem to realize. I am not just being an asshole, this is who I am, for better or for worse, with emphasis on the latter. Don't worry about XYZ though as they are the 3 letters before ZERO lol kinda speaks volumes about the person behind the posts doesn't it. Also, Colin looks suspiciously like Colon, which also speaks volumes about the content of said posts. Meh, anyways.....sometimes it's better to tuck your tail than to have to be the alpha male all the time, when all those who consider themselves alphas are just sheep in wolves' clothing. I think you know who I'm referring to so I don't think I need to elaborate on that point. Meh. I guess it's too much to ask for people to actually discuss things instead of just standing on a soap box and telling everybody else with a voice of their own to shut up. Reminds me of a movie I saw from the '30s, which was a little hard to understand, as it was in GERMAN. Meh I think I'm done ranting for now. Have a good one.
edit on 29/3/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

So you don't like that people don't stay on topic...and then follow up by posting a massive wall of off-topic text filled with ad hominem attacks. The irony is strong in this one

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I really didn't want to fall victim to the little game you've got going on here, but I had to respond to that little gem. You do realize that every time you respond to me, you attempt to divert attention from every good point that I have made and towards the one mistake that I made. Honestly, you just make yourself look more like a troll every time you respond. If you actually think that the whole 15m thing was the only point that I made than you need to go back to english class and learn to read, as that was but a fraction of my argument. Of course, it is the MO of every Troll worth his salt to point out only the mistakes of their adversary while not acknowledging anything else. Also, you seem to like the phrase "ad hominem, " but repeating it over and over again does not make me wrong. As a matter of fact, it just shows that I struck a nerve. See, I'm smarter than you think. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can read you like a book. You reek of insecurity. How's that for an ad hominem schpiel. Seriously. The holier-than-thou schtick only works on idiots. Just because I am an angry person, does not make my points any less valid, it just means that the weak minded who only see things in shades of emotion cannot see the facts through my method of delivery. It's a great way to weed out the sheep. And yet again, it has served it's purpose quite well. You seem to like conformity for conformity's sake, but needless to say, that is not the way to be.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Seriously.....just give up. You are not helping your situation. Just because I know the truth, doesn't mean I can't play the game just as well as you. It's just too much fun making you look foolish. Also, that post was directed at someone other than you,so your response is only making it more obvious that I have struck a nerve. I would love to play poker with you one day, as your emotions are out of control man. Oh, yes, but I forgot, you just want to have the last word, now doncha. Way to act like the stereotypical American. If you are in fact from a different country, that just makes it even more sad, now doesn't it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

So once again you bitch about how "unfair" it is that people criticize your mistakes, even after you followed up on it with another mistake (5m years is nonsense too). You other points have been explained to be wrong too.

What amazes me is that you have now "corrected" your initial mistake with a new one...and instead of defending your position, you just whine about getting caught.

Re-read all your last few posts and count how much of those posts contain evolution related information...the percentage is probably somewhere around 5%. You spent most of your posts complaining about being proven wrong, and how you somehow have the right to attack people.

All your last few posts were off-topic or full of ad hominem attacks

To get back on topic:

Are you saying they found homo sapien fossils dating back 5m years?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Seriously.....just give up. You are not helping your situation. Just because I know the truth, doesn't mean I can't play the game just as well as you. It's just too much fun making you look foolish. Also, that post was directed at someone other than you,so your response is only making it more obvious that I have struck a nerve. I would love to play poker with you one day, as your emotions are out of control man. Oh, yes, but I forgot, you just want to have the last word, now doncha. Way to act like the stereotypical American. If you are in fact from a different country, that just makes it even more sad, now doesn't it.

And another ad hominem attack

Nothing in that post has anything to do with the theory of evolution either. You done whining and ranting? Can we get back on topic?

And you don't know "the truth" because for that you would have to post facts and objective evidence...clearly you aren't doing that

edit on 29-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Where in that was I whining? Maybe in your overly emotional state, you assumed that I was like you, but, like I said, anger is about the only emotion I am capable of. How does that purport to whining. Whining entails some sort of sadness, of which I have none. Actually, your arguments are pretty amusing. I am just merely stating the obvious. I don't know if that makes me sound like a sociopath, but compared to someone like you, who is solely controlled by emotions (this much is obvious by now, as you are way too thin skinned to have such a prickly demeanor) that's not such a bad thing. What's the matter? Wanna dish it out but can't take it in return? I have said it before and I will say it again, just give up. Don't bother responding to me if my opinion cuts you so deep. The fact that you keep responding is just sad all on it's own. Also, btw I am done humouring you. How bout you go and do some actual research, instead of just clicking around. Ya know, go to a library, get out of the house. Then maybe we can talk about your precious evolution. Also, you mentioned a few posts back that all of my years of research were for nought, when you seem to overlook one little bitty. You think evolution is the only thing that I have researched? It is but a fraction of a fraction of what I have researched over the years, yet you seem to like diverting from reality to make yourself look better so....I guess just do whatever it is you do, and leave me out of it. I am quite sick of your responses. I only respond to them because every one buries you further in a veil of ignorance. Forget what the motto of this site is already? The funny thing is you only look at my recent posts, after the attacks on my demeanor started. You think I was the first one to grab a fistfull of mud? Wrong again buddy.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You do realize that this is yet another self-obsessed post where you contribute exactly nothing to the thread and only attack people while pretending it's ok for you to be angry.

I'm not angry or sad about that, just amazed that you create those massive walls of text that have absolutely zero content in regards to evolution.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I really didn't want to fall victim to the little game you've got going on here, but I had to respond to that little gem. You do realize that every time you respond to me, you attempt to divert attention from every good point that I have made and towards the one mistake that I made. Honestly, you just make yourself look more like a troll every time you respond. If you actually think that the whole 15m thing was the only point that I made than you need to go back to english class and learn to read, as that was but a fraction of my argument. Of course, it is the MO of every Troll worth his salt to point out only the mistakes of their adversary while not acknowledging anything else. Also, you seem to like the phrase "ad hominem, " but repeating it over and over again does not make me wrong. As a matter of fact, it just shows that I struck a nerve. See, I'm smarter than you think. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can read you like a book. You reek of insecurity. How's that for an ad hominem schpiel. Seriously. The holier-than-thou schtick only works on idiots. Just because I am an angry person, does not make my points any less valid, it just means that the weak minded who only see things in shades of emotion cannot see the facts through my method of delivery. It's a great way to weed out the sheep. And yet again, it has served it's purpose quite well. You seem to like conformity for conformity's sake, but needless to say, that is not the way to be.
Ya MR xyz, when you have to profile people to try to win a debate, it really shows your true intelligence, or lack of. Your not the only one guilty of doing it on here too. There are a few others, its just lame. You may as well say, well your right and I'm wrong but maybe I can win it over by mudslinging.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
quote]Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yes, a baby gazelle would easily survive alone for 2 days in the Serengeti

Good thing thats not the only place you would find them. And if they are so intolerent of the wild why is there species not extinct?

You know when you make a statement like the above, do a quick google before pressing "reply"

Thompsons gazelle - habitats

That whole article is quite interesting, it states that the thompsons gazelles are classified as "near threatened" as a species.

Surveys have reported steep declines (60-70%) over periods of c. 20 years dating from the late 1970s in several places, including the main strongholds for the species: Serengeti, Masai Mara and Ngorongoro. Though overall numbers still seem to be falling, no declines on this scale have been reported recently. However, it is estimated that the decline over the last 3 generations (18 years) has reached 25%, and is very possibly higher, bringing the species very close to qualifying for Vulnerable under criterion A. Careful monitoring of population trends is needed and it is entirely feasible that new survey information could merit transfer of this species to a higher category of threat. This assessment considers E. thomsonii and E. mongalla as separate species when formerly they were assessed together. Under this arrangement, Thomson's Gazelle now has a relatively restricted distribution within East Africa, which should also be taken into consideration.
[

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

You are aware that anger is an emotion right?

You think that because your angry it doesnt mean youre wrong, i agree, but so far i have failled to actualy see any of you points because they are mixed in with the rants.

Try again if you like, what are the points that you are trying to make?...and before you post, just go through your text and remove all of the crap thats unrelated to the topic.

Theres a huge amount of transference going on with you, you demonstrate traites in your writing which you then accuse everbody else of doing (ruled by emotion springs to mind).

The military did a real job on you didnt they, bet your wishing you hadnt voluteered for the "two weeks reasearch where you just gotta take these pills twice a day"

Anyway, joking aside, I would like to hear your views on intervention, or whatever theory you think explains the diversity of life on this planet, (just in case you werent aware, that is the topic of this thread) and seriously, i know you dont give a s~~t about my opinion of you, but if you're going to take the time to post, at least take the time to make it readable.:

Remove the anger crap, it just diverts the reader from the point you're trying to make and regardless of whether its a valid point or not, you lose credability.

For gods sake start using paragraphs, those blocks of text are a visual representation of somebody shouting like a looney, non-stop and at twice the listening speed of anyones capabilities.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yes, and infants generally don't survive well on their own even within their habitat. Take an infant gazelle and place it alone somewhere in the Serengeti...or somewhere where polar bears hunt (to use your "out of natural habitat analogy)...and then count the minutes until that gazelle is dead

LOGIC for crying out loud!
Your obviously wrong. Gazells are born in the wild and the live in the wild, they are also equiped to live in the wild which is why its assumed this boy in the wild would be dead after 2 days. Can you assume a baby gazell is dead after two days, no you cant. Your wrong again.

In the wild, predators wait for a young animal to be separated from the herd because they're easy prey.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

reply to post by arbiture

You brought a well formulated argument to the wrong place man. Most minds are closed in this thread, quite obviously. Any attempt at a decent debate is quickly muddled by insults here. If you really wanna discuss this topic, I would suggest starting a new thread, as I am too lazy to lol. Kudos for trying though.
I read the information you gave in your profile and from that and your attitude on this thread you show yorself to be a very damaged and troubled person

Meh believe me you don't want to be like me. I am only like this because it's the only way I know how to be.
Sorry about clipping your post like this but you refuse to use pargaphs. The above is a cop out. If you dont want to be like this then you have the choice to do something about it.

This thread was started to give people who dont accept evolution a chance to put forward an alternative to explain the diversity we see today. Tooth has never tried to discuss this or anything else which is why he garners no respect. The title is misleading but that change was not in my control.

You have arrived spewing anger and complain when you are corrected but I have a suggestion. Leave out the insults and anger and explain diversity without refering to evolution. Then maybe we can have a discussion.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

You know when you make a statement like the above, do a quick google before pressing "reply"

Thompsons gazelle - habitats

That whole article is quite interesting, it states that the thompsons gazelles are classified as "near threatened" as a species.
And this whole argument stems from the difference with humans being in the wild, particularly babies. Are you trying to persuade me into believing that a human baby has a better chance of surviving in the wild over a baby gazelle? You really should think before you reply with such non sense.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Tooth has never tried to discuss this or anything else which is why he garners no respect. The title is misleading but that change was not in my control.
I have to explained this about 8 times now. I'm saying that it could have just as easily have been a creator that created all the diversity.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Tooth has never tried to discuss this or anything else which is why he garners no respect. The title is misleading but that change was not in my control.
I have to explained this about 8 times now. I'm saying that it could have just as easily have been a creator that created all the diversity.

Of course that's what your saying...you simply don't provide any evidence to support that claim

I'm saying it's possible giant purple unicorns roam space around Alpha Centauri. Just like you, I don't provide any evidence of it...do you believe in giant purple unicorns?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well tit for tat, I don't see anyone on here proving evolution.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Well tit for tat, I don't see anyone on here proving evolution.

People have posted dozens of links with scientific evidence...you simply ignore it all. You're not even refuting the posted evidence, you're merely ignoring it

The sad part is, at the same time we have completely debunked every single point you made...and we did it by posting objective evidence.

You're here to preach, and I'm not sure you realize this, but given that you never back up your claims with objective evidence, your credibility isn't high when it comes to science

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

"Even the bible" isn't exactly a good argument

As for hidden powers, nothing has been proven. Persinger's "god helmet" (that's how he calls his device) hasn't been peer reviewed, and his results haven't been analyzed yet...which he admits. It is possible that the results are skewed because of the participants suggestibility...which he also admits. More research is required.

So pretending telepathy is real and proven is dishonest.
And I doubt very seriously if Persinger published this article all on a pretend basis. There might be some bugs to work out, but something is going on. Just face it, you can't admit that your wrong. You try to stretch things that are truth into a lie, and lies into the truth. I also forgot to mention his article was titled Telepathy is a fact, so I guess you must be calling that a typo. You seriously need to grow up.
edit on 30-3-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

People have posted dozens of links with scientific evidence...you simply ignore it all. You're not even refuting the posted evidence, you're merely ignoring it
Like I said a million times there haven't been any links or information that was factual. I'm reading it, but questioning if you actually are. If you read them correctly you would find they are fake, and made up hypothesis.

The sad part is, at the same time we have completely debunked every single point you made...and we did it by posting objective evidence.
Really, you honestly believe that, just like how no one can produce a single example of target food for humans, but I'm debunked right, or how Persinger your saying has made up his findings. Sure, where is your proof its honestly looking more like your debunked. You can lie to your self all you want but I'm a tad smarter.

You're here to preach, and I'm not sure you realize this, but given that you never back up your claims with objective evidence, your credibility isn't high when it comes to science
The problem that your faced with here is two fold. You see Pye doesn't mention the bible, but he may not know it, his findings match the bible. So your trying to tell me its just one great big coincidence. Sorry I don't buy it. The bible was accurate, as Pye's findings reflects. I'm also seeing a new trend here, as my sources grow in numbers, you are just quick to state that they are either false or can't be considered factual. In other words everyone else is wrong and your right. Sorry man, your looking more like a fool, and its just getting worse.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

"Even the bible" isn't exactly a good argument

As for hidden powers, nothing has been proven. Persinger's "god helmet" (that's how he calls his device) hasn't been peer reviewed, and his results haven't been analyzed yet...which he admits. It is possible that the results are skewed because of the participants suggestibility...which he also admits. More research is required.

So pretending telepathy is real and proven is dishonest.
And I doubt very seriously if Persinger published this article all on a pretend basis. There might be some bugs to work out, but something is going on. Just face it, you can't admit that your wrong. You try to stretch things that are truth into a lie, and lies into the truth. I also forgot to mention his article was titled Telepathy is a fact, so I guess you must be calling that a typo. You seriously need to grow up.

No, you need to provide objective evidence to prove your claims...just once

We already went over the article a few pages back and pointed out that no where in the article do they claim telepathy is no a fact...thread titles are merely there to catch attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 331  332  333    335  336  337 >>

join