It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A woman finds the man she hates most in life ... and marries him.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Luke2089

Thats disguisting! there is no place 4 that in the world i wuld like 2 live in!

You mean your personal Utopia would be full of haemophiliacs, Huntingdon’s choreacs and sufferers from Down’s syndrome?

Curious tastes some people have.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

What *EXACTLY* is this thread about?

I mean Really?

Does it have a point?

A Purpose?

A Theme?

Anything?

Would you like to provide anything more substantial than an assertion?

I see absolutely no point to this thread from what op has provided.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
this lad reckons women are electrons.

video.google.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I'll tell you how things are, if she is ugly she will love you if she is pretty don't expect anything.

There are two types of women "ugly" and "not ugly" the more pretty she is, the more you know what I'm saying, the more problems you will have. It's why ugly girls have big souls, if they would have a face lift or say over night the ugly girl turned into a hot one then she would become like the rest of them pretty girls.

So get your ugly meeter since not all girls are the same.
and start to calculate with your ugly meeter.

The more pretty the statue is, "object" the more respect, admiration and demands will ask from you to provide, like material stuff. Once you hit the object's ego "dump her ass" you will see all that rock melting, and for a short while she will become a human, of course for a short while, then she is at it again being a statue that is.

Here is what a statue looks like. You can see the "I am the best" pose.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I submit to you that from the rise of Christianity till the industrial revolution, money was about food.

Money is about everything, because it must be if it is to be taken seriously. But money is just a proxy for desire. Do not mistake it for the real thing.

Money being about sex is the unchained beast let loose at the end for it's last rampage. Specifically to wage war on the virgins.

Ooh, are they an oppressed minority, then? I know they tend to be protected in some countries, like Saudi Arabia.

Incidentally, humans have been exchanging food and other gifts for sex for probably as long as there have been humans. Of course, it takes more than a gory chunk hacked off an elk to impress the ladies these days. You need something a little bit classier.

And I'm talking about male virginity here especially. Something that is harassed and ridiculed. Subjected to peer pressure, and the plot of hollywood comedies.

You’re younger than you would like to seem, I reckon. Peer pressure and Hollywood are explanations popular among young people for something that runs far deeper; that is, in fact, instinctive.

Male individuals of the species Homo sapiens compete for status in their peer groups and societies, for among human males high status is the source of more and better mating opportunities – and just about everything else. In displaying this behaviour, H. sapiens males are no different from the males of other social primate species, all of which do the same. In all species, the winners of the competition tend to be genetically fitter males who attain their high status by seeing off other challengers; among human males, the competition is rarely of a directly physical kind but tends to consist in the accumulation and display of certain commonly prized trophies, the most highly-prized of which are actually abstract mental constructs rather than physical goods. The losers in this competition are those who are unable to obtain sufficient of these trophies to impress either their peers or potential mates.

As in other primate species, the losers are subject to certain strictures, and are generally treated with contempt by those whose position in the hierarchy is slightly higher than the losers’.

Being intelligent, H. sapiens males perceive this sexual/status competition consciously and can communicate their perceptions and interpretations of it to one another. They often fail fully to understand it, however, and will then ascribe other, more contingent reasons for their own success or failure than those that actually apply. They may regard the competition as voluntary rather than compelled by instinct. Losers may see their own low position in the group hierarchy as due to a conspiracy against them by fellow-sapients, or a more generalized conspiracy against the community by a small group of high-status (‘elite’) individuals. They may repudiate the criteria by which the group awards status and trophies to its members and, by the same token, criticize the ethics or intelligence of members of the opposite sex who follow these criteria when choosing mates.

Equally mistaken, high-status males may attribute their competitive success entirely to their own conscious choices, unaware that the reasons for it are even more contingent than those which low-status males evoke to explain their failures. Alternatively, they may ascribe their success to the intervention of some fetish or deity, or to physical and mental attributes they do not possess instead of those they do.

Depressing, I know, but there it is.

edit on 21/9/11 by Astyanax because: it never ends, does it?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Its seems posters want to put sex in one of two categories, reproduction and control.

What about sex, just for the sake of giving and receiving pleasure with a your partner?

I am in a relationship, with a man who is also my best friend. As a human being, I "suffer" from urges to experience pleasure, and as a woman, biologically, I "suffer" the compulsion to pro create. I'm getting older, so the old clock is winding down and as a result, my compulsions are...stronger. I have chosen to be in a monogamous relationship, and thus all the physical parts of the relationship are with this one man. I am unable to reproduce, so our coupling is solely for the sake of pleasure, not control, not reproduction. There is absolutely nothing unnatural about that.

I think the OP is controlled by sex, by women, in that he has closed himself off from the potential of the beautiful act that is sex, a million times more beautiful in a committed, respectful relationship. He is controlled by the media's depiction of women as harridans and thus has chosen to be celibate in order to protect himself from any possibility of being screwed over, but this also of course protects you from the possibility of being loved in an intimate way. This act, the act of intercourse, is a most intimate, beautiful, loving act which between two people who are in a relationship can bring them so much closer. In his bid to not let society dictate what is "love" he is being controlled by society, by rejecting what might be the media influenced idea of love.

Some people ARE asexual. They do not have the natural urges that most have, it must be difficult to fit in a society where this is seen as abnormal. Maybe it is abnormal physiologically, but it is what it is, and I hope only for the best for those people and do not judge them in any way.

real love is giving up control, real love is trusting another person to have your best interests at heart, real love is rare and can be fleeting, even real love doesn't always last forever ( another media lie, that "real" love lasts forever, sometimes it just doesn't) So some people have given up, if they can't have "real" love ( ie; forever) then they don't want love at all. How sad.

I have hope that this relationship will last until my last breath, I'm not going to waste time or energy worrying about what will happen tomorrow, it's too good today.

As a note: When I speak of love of course I mean the love between two people which is beyond familial love.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

LOL!
Though I understand the sentiment behind it, I can't help but hear such complaints as the fear of facing challenge, of overcoming your weaknesses, of learning new skills and strengths!

"Get an ugly girl and SHE'LL make the effort to improve, while you can stay ignorant and inept, lazy and weak, immature and undisciplined- for the rest of your life."

A person of the opposite sex can be what inspires, or stimulates, your effort to grow and learn,
But YOU are the one that benefits most from it in the end!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

What *EXACTLY* is this thread about?

I mean Really?

Does it have a point?

A Purpose?

A Theme?

Anything?

Would you [color=gold] like to provide anything more substantial than an assertion?

I see absolutely no point to this thread from what op has provided.

Ok.

Last year in North America, players of Nexon’s massively multiplayer online role-playing game MapleStory tied the knot in 26,982 in-game marriages, performed with a price tag of $25 per wedding. Now, while it may seem that spending real-world money to get married in a virtual one is the sad part, don’t be so heartless–because it gets worse. The real tears start to flow when you learn that of those virtual marriages, 20,344 (75 percent) went on to be annulled later at the player’s request.

soaring divorce rates splinter maplestory matrimony

“She started saying that I wasn’t the person she fell in love with. That I had changed and that I didn’t seem to care about her anymore.”

...and

Under China's New Law, Divorced Women Can End Up Homeless

Last month, the country's Supreme Court rolled out a new interpretation of China's Marriage Law that changes the way property disputes are handled after a divorce. Since then, couples across China have been thinking more seriously about tying the knot: in the southwest city of Chongqing alone, marriage registrations fell by 30% in the weeks after the changes were made.

yahoo news

... and even

Singles, take note: With marriages at an all-time low, states in the South and West rank among the highest for couples hearing wedding bells. But many of these states also have higher rates of divorce.

NPR: Marriage, Divorce Rates Highest in same reigons

All of these stories are less than 24 hours old.

Could it be that once again,
the Grouch is way ahead of the curve on something,
but stupidly tries to share it with ATS first.

foolish foolish Grouch

edit on 21-9-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm not a 'chap' - I'm a woman - and one who finds there's a lot more to the 'meaning of life' than to procreate. So so much more!

Sorry, old chapette. I agree that there is more to life than procreation – for us as conscious, intelligent beings. Life can be whatever we make of it. But whatever we make of it will be formed largely, and unconsciously, by the demands of the great imperative of life to perpetuate itself. If it were otherwise we would not be living beings.

Also - anyone who can't see through the glaring obviousness or everything around (people, media, religion, etc) you using sex to control you?

What about those who cannot see the equally obvious fact that all of us, irrespective of status, are controlled by our biological imperatives, by what evolution has made of us?

Love is a code word for skill.
Nothing more.

Can't hit the nail on the head much truer than that.
Wonderful line of thinking. Thank you.

Spoken like a true daughter of Western civilization. I salute you!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

edit on 21-9-2011 by Taffygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I remember an old Rod Stewart quote about divorce.....I'm going to find a woman I don't like and give her a house.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I've read a few of your posts now, and let me tell you your celibacy isn't why your not respected, I know b/c i stayed celibate for 26 years, and had no problem with respect. It sounds to me like you are very smart, probably a high IQ or a least think you have one. Smarts aren't your problem, it's that your socially retarded. You might think you know all the social formulas but your posts show you sure as hell can't do the math.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Snorkelbacon because: spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
op...dude....celibate?...that is your whole problem.....as a bitchy girl..im tell you, if you get out there and take someone to pound town you will feel so much better and not care who's a a$$ or a bitch.....spread the love sweetie..just don't spread the STD'S!...cover up!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

Where does Jesus say to stop having kids?

I must have missed that memo too.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by Domo1
What the hell are you talking about OP? What do motor vehicle deaths have to do with anything? Did you just get dumped or something?

And as to vehicle deaths.

over 30,000 deaths a years
should be viewed as a normal part of life?

edit on 20-9-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

that couldn't be right? 30,000 a year??? but sure almost 3,000 died in 9/11 and that was like the most shocking thing every to happen in the whole world.ever. like the US had to invade 2 countries over it and kill and tortue and bomb and murder etc.

30,000 a year? that would be like 300,000 people dead since 9/11 happened. nah, i reckon your making that up Dave.

edit on 20-9-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

It's true. On average 90 people per year are killed on US roads. 90 x 365 = 32850 people dead per year. Maybe the US should invade the DMV!!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

It's hard for me to listen to a virgin talk about sex. Don't knock it till ya try it.

zesty pagan lust may just be the best thing I've heard all week.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Wonder if it requires a jiffy condom.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Last year in North America, players of Nexon’s massively multiplayer online role-playing game MapleStory tied the knot in 26,982 in-game marriages, performed with a price tag of $25 per wedding. Now, while it may seem that spending real-world money to get married in a virtual one is the sad part, don’t be so heartless–because it gets worse. The real tears start to flow when you learn that of those virtual marriages, 20,344 (75 percent) went on to be annulled later at the player’s request. soaring divorce rates splinter maplestory matrimony “She started saying that I wasn’t the person she fell in love with. That I had changed and that I didn’t seem to care about her anymore.”

Using this as merit for your case is simply facepalm worthy.
People have a tendency to form crushes on the tinternet, hell by all accounts ATS is no exception.
Real tears started to flow?..Flow when?..When they finally stepped out of the trailer and met someone in the flesh?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Jiminy crickets... Ned flanders has stolen Dave!

He wears boxers in the bath so he doesnt have to see his own shrinky dink!

Nothing wrong with celebacy, I too have been celebate for a number of years, but nothing is ever gunna make ceiling cat be disappointed in me

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luke2089

lol im nt a prick n i get loads of girls! seems like smes angry witthere life! ;p

Please tell us you are using protection.

Or have someone to teach your childrenhow to spell.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i understand totaly understand the concept of the OP.
I find the whole concept totaly coherent

And totaly useless...

You understand the whole concept perfectly , i sincerely mean it.

But instead of watching the game being played while you're watching it

Play the game perfectly at your advantage, you know the rules, and they dont know thems.

Instead of being potentialy hurted, hurt thems.

you know the rules of the game

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join