It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : China pulls the plug on Europe, especially on France

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I hope the union dies! i hate the union. i hate the euro... i hate global polices.

Hope germany takes back the Deutschmark And france the frank etc... The euro can piss off back to where it came from as with the rest of the union ! its rotten
edit on 20-9-2011 by Rufuz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetT
that means that they can come take what ever here in the US that they feel would be worth the amt owed, such as California, Texas, The Statue of Liberty, Long Island, or any number of companies, homes, businesses or any state or federal building.

Ah no, US treasury notes are backed by the promise to pay. There is no other 'string' attached.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Our Govt/Politicians need to stop building walls and they need to start building bridges...They NEED to start working together and stop working against eachother....This has gotten WAYY out of hand......Our President is suppose to be the one bringing both sides together, he is the countries leader and he is failing miserably at finding a solution that suits both sides.......

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetT
China is smart, and they have diversified into other currencies, doing trade with Russia in Rubels and Yuan. They have made agreements with the BRIC nations to deal in their own currencies, they have made agreements with the Arab emirents. They have been unloading US money by buying our own properties etc with it, and other things, this way they get something for the money and someone else is left with the US currency that keeps dropping. They also only continue to buy US Bonds because the US has promised to repay them before anyone else, by agreement of Imminent Domain to our debts. We will not win this, we have dug a hole with no way out, unless we default on our loans, but even then if they have been given Imminent Domain, that means that they can come take what ever here in the US that they feel would be worth the amt owed, such as California, Texas, The Statue of Liberty, Long Island, or any number of companies, homes, businesses or any state or federal building.

Maybe in theory, but in reality, there is no way the people of the USA will let that happen. Mark my words- No Way.

I am of the mind that we should tell China that we are done building their nation. Now, it's time to pull up your big boy pants and play on a level playing field, no more handicapping. Has anybody ever stopped to consider how products sold in the Dollar Store could possibly be sold for $1 after manufacturing and transportation costs? It's insane and it is unsustainable.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Double post. Sorry.
edit on 20-9-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
interesting. I do always wonder if the main goal is one world currency.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

the commies are the biggest capitalists in the world.
lol.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here is what will happen.

Obama: "How can we help?"
EU: "Our euro is to weak, we need to join currency"
Obama: "LOL OK, given that this is a new type of money, we don't owe China"
China: "War is good for something." As they blitzkrieg most of euro all at once do to its zerg rush.
USA vs China WW3 = winner gets their dollar world wide. one government, one coin.
Apocalypse.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You're all looking at this the wrong way. China is intent on becoming the sole superpower of the world. They are poised to do just that, with Russia in tow. How do you defeat the US and it's allies if you can't fight them conventionally?

Bleed them dry.

Old enemies unite - The Middle East, radical Muslim world in league with China, Russia, NK and other threats in order to orchestrate a clandestine WW3.

China will sew discontent between the EU and the US, forcing them into situations like this that are either detrimental financially, or detrimental to foreign policy between the two. There was no right answer here for the USG, at least not one they would have survived making.

Pakistan is being worked by China, and though it's a sweet deal to get stealth helicopter technology, the real goal is to stop the Trans-Afghanistan pipeline and begin to squeeze off and starve the US of combustible fuel.

NK has been a distraction at key points, and when the time is right, will invade the South. The US and it's other allies will not be able to respond, and according to the agreements made between the US and SK, they will have to. Another hard choice where either answer is the wrong one. We will have to let our ally fall, and that is why there has been military tension as of late.

Syria has been working on a clandestine nuke program for some time now, and is recieving support up to and possibly exceeding ICBM's from Russia. While Iran has been the center of the nuclear threat on television, Syria has been allowed to operate with almost carte blanche, only being investigated by the IAEA marginally.

Iran has poised itself to go to war, has made clear intent to let it be known, and even released the prime target - Israel. It has been caught in Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt and most of the other unstable countries in the region. Proclaiming that the Muslim World will fall under the Caliphate, allowing him to wipe Israel off the map, is not an idle threat. In fact, it is my personal conlusion from years of research that Iran will fall, or partially fall, and it is all part of the plan.

Iraq was part of the plan, too. It is stupid to assume that Muslims will sacrifice themselves for jihad, but not a country, at least in part. Iraq bought time, was a glaring advertisement for jihad, a sore spot for the US and it's allies for over a decade now. Most of the people I fought were foreigners during my tours, and the country is decimated with little left to bomb worth the actual bomb. It is a distraction, nothing more. If there ever was any credible intel as to weapons of mass destruction, I would guartunee an investigation would lead to the informant seeding disinfo.

Afghanistan is another lose-lose situation for the US and it's allies. The military is forced to admit it grows opium, it is forced to admit that conventional warfare will not succeed, and that casualties will not be light even against a small and mobile, though technologicially unequal force. It halts the construction of a vast pipeline that would be a black vein to the US. It has been the source, along with Iraq, for much embarassment and humbling of the US Military and USG.

Russia has waged a psyop against the US for some time now. Media outlets like RT and 'Alternative Media' that lacks journalistic integrity have been the outlet for anti-American sentiment, embarassing leaks, and other socioeconomical veiled warfare. It has supplied unstable countries with weapons and then put a smile on in front of cameras.

Finally, at least for this thread, I'll leave you with the words of "Bin Laden" himself. Aside from his original statements being to the effect that he would engage the US in (not verbatim) "so many Vietnams that they will have to respond, even though they are incapable."

I leave you with this article from November 1, 2004 - CNN Reports:

Bin Laden: Goal is to bankrupt U.S.

"We are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy. Allah willing, and nothing is too great for Allah," bin Laden said in the transcript.
-
"All that we have to do is to send two mujahedeen to the furthest point east to raise a piece of cloth on which is written al Qaeda, in order to make generals race there to cause America to suffer human, economic and political losses without their achieving anything of note other than some benefits for their private corporations," bin Laden said.
-
As part of the "bleed-until-bankruptcy plan," bin Laden cited a British estimate that it cost al Qaeda about $500,000 to carry out the attacks of September 11, 2001, an amount that he said paled in comparison with the costs incurred by the United States.
-
"Every dollar of al Qaeda defeated a million dollars, by the permission of Allah, besides the loss of a huge number of jobs," he said. "As for the economic deficit, it has reached record astronomical numbers estimated to total more than a trillion dollars.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

The link from the previous post would not fit, here it is. There are many more statements like it in the article, and the topic itself is worth research. Everything makes sense when you look at the wars and world economic climate through these lenses.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

This is correct, they have been hashing and planning this out all along. They are united with Russia and economics are going to ensure they win. They have bought up so much in stock, not money stock but natural resources, and have recently been buying up gold and selling to their own people even which was unheard of yrs ago. They are poising themselves for take over.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
too much for me... i dont know the differnce between democrats and republicans let alone liberals and conservatives

anyways in my opinion theres nothing we can do about it, the bigwigs pull the strings and we just watch the puppet show.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Well this is true, but since Hillary Clinton went to China in 09, she made them promises that we will have to keep, and that includes imminent domain if we are not able to pay them back, this is the stipulation that keeps them buying US treasuries..It is not talked about in MSM. But she had to do this to keep them buying. This is what they dont want you to know.
One other thing, they know if the US money is no good or is only worth 10 cents on the dollar, they will lose money, this is why they had to have a guarantee from the US that they would pay back at the rate they want. This will cause us many heartaches if the debt is not paid back to them on their terms. We will lose vast expanses of land, cities, businesses etc.
edit on 20-9-2011 by SweetT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

one world currency + one world govenment = NWO in full effect

yea thats pretty much the "plan"

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Our governments almost immidiate response was to impose import tax on china? Shows just how much in bed with the euro banks our leaders are...If they had brains they would just tax euro goods, they could gain chinese confidance and possibly destroy old european banking cartels. Sounds like our leaders are mildly intimidated by china.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I knew having my daughter take courses in Mandarin Chinese was the right move a few years back but I had no idea how short Chinese women are or I'd of taken a course myself.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
China is just a dirty player and cannot be trusted to be responsible in world markets. Not to say we are so great either, but they are just blatant about it.

At a poker game, you would just walk away.

If you were playing monopoly with them, they would insist on putting hotels on the railroads....

This whole thing is not going to go well, and there is upheaval in the future.(IMHO)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Good ole Ben will bail them out....its so easy creating money these days.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma

I knew having my daughter take courses in Mandarin Chinese was the right move a few years back but I had no idea how short Chinese women are or I'd of taken a course myself.

[/quote

Well if you know Spanish you can always get a Costa Rican girl, my daughter lives there and says they are all short..She comes to the US to buy pants because she is 5ft 10 and they have nothing there that will fit her. She said they are all about 5ft tall. some more, some less but nothing like what we are used to.]

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollslayer

So do i understand this correctly, China is witholding trade to prove a point to Europe so America is witholding trade to prove a point to China? I find it difficult to see a positive outcome from punking out your bookie...

Yes, it's because both Europe and US are harmed by China's mercantilist currency manipulation (nothing but a huge across-the-board tariff and export subsidy) and other aggressive practices (like requiring technology transfer to indigenous companies) and both share an interest in stopping it.

And finally because Europe is a democracy, and China isn't.

China buys about 8% of US Treasuries, some people erroneously think it's more like 50%. China imposes tons of rules etc for foreign access to its own domestic market, they're shameless about advancing their own economic interests however they can. The US has been acting like an idiot by not doing the same back. Chinese must think we're stupid chumps.

China needs US market for their wealth as well, and they know it.

For example, this is BS:

Well this is true, but since Hillary Clinton went to China in 09, she made them promises that we will have to keep, and that includes imminent domain if we are not able to pay them back, this is the stipulation that keeps them buying US treasuries..It is not talked about in MSM. But she had to do this to keep them buying. This is what they dont want you to know.

The US does NOT want China to keep on buying treasuries because they're doing so because of the currency peg which is China's, not the USA's policy.

And besides, a verbal promise in a secret meeting doesn't mean squat when it comes to paying a loan.

edit on 20-9-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join