It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75% Of The Earth's Surface Is Water And We Don't Even Know Where It Came From!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am assuming that the water came from the place we have always been told it had. Gases produced in the formation of the earth rose into the atmosphere. Namely, hydrogen and oxygen. They stayed there, combining over a long period of time, then falling to earth as rain. Why is that such a tough theory to accept? There are hydrogen molecules and oxygen molecules in a lot of matter. During the destructive and violent creation of earth, much solid material was destroyed, breaking down the elements, freeing molecules allowing them to recombine into other materials. like h2o
edit on 18-9-2011 by chrissiel123 because: because i can't spell oxygen

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by blocula

I find it interesting that you automatically dismiss divine input, yet embrace the idea that aliens turned the process on and off.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

people see aliens...who has seen god???...no one...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

"water came from space"...this was a long held theory,that has recently been disproven.the composition of earth's water and the water in comets are not the same...
Can you link some proof of that statement please? Water is abundant in the solar system, enceladus, europa, pluto and beneath mars just to name a few examples... There is overwhelming evidence that large comets bombard planets/moons after the early formation of a solar system. The same prosess we see here is almost certain to be repeated in any similar system anywhere in the universe. Where did it come from originally? the same place everything comes from, the nuclear waste of countless billions of burnt out stars....
sure...heres one >>> neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

*snort* There's more people who claim visitiation by God as there are people who claim visitation by Aliens. I don't have to beilieve in either, but to state this is not researching the evidence that exists.
edit on 18-9-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: double [/q

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

yet we don't even know where it came from or when it was formed

"water is a mystery"...yes it is...
edit on 18-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Water is not a mystery and anyone can create water at any time whenever they want. I can get ice cubes put them in a glass and make vapor in the air condense around the glass and produce water out of thin air...using frozen water. Is this a mystery or magic? no.

Dont make a mystery out of nothing...Its almost like saying....

"Air is everywhere, we dont know where it came from or when it was formed".

Take a class in physical chemistry, also study Thermodynamics. and leave religion/fantasy out of things we can observe

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Either mainstream science is lying, or God is lying and i'm not about to call the creator a liar.

Science only keeps asking questions about stuff in search for the truth. When all options have been disproven except for 1 the that last one will be the truth. Untill new questions arise that is.

If you're creator is the same one as the one(s) from the bible... Then He is the creator of all good, and evil.
Including water.
Yet we are told to forgive and turn the other cheek.

Go figure...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

That is exactly my thought on the matter.

The funny things is that it is happening right now right in front of our eyes. And still we look for the most over the top explanation for this. Hydrogen and Oxygen has bin around as long as the earth has existed. It was only a matter of time as to when there was enough of both gases in our atmosphere before it came down as h2o.

Earth always had water, just like how other planets have different types of rain, means that they have a different type of gas accumulation it is's own atmosphere. It took billions of years to get water, no one just turned on the tap and said let there be water.

js

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Water is an atom build from hydrogen and oxygen molecules right?

So No star will spread water after they started to fuse their elements in their struggle against gravity.
Since hydrogen is fused first into helium right ?

It's observed that black holes when feeding shoot out massive jets of matter from their poles, all the way into intergalactic space even.
They explained it with the amount of matter that gets grabbed by gravity is so massive, it can not get consumed by the b;ack hole all at once. The jets are like an overflow for a Dam.

When a star formes the same proces will be happening with hydrogen and oxygen. The most abundant elements in the universe.

We are already discovering water in places where we thought there wasn't any at all. It seems that water is everywhere...

Water...

The difference with water from Earth or comets can be explained by the stellar nursery our sun began to develope. The Oort cloud ends all the way out to at least half way our closest neighbor Proxima centauri.
While there is evidence of brown dwarfs or failed stars as close as halfway in between. At the time of creation there is no reason to assume that the distances between the newly developed stars was way smaller even.

The comets could be remnants of different areas of the space dust our sun formed in.

However... most space clouds where stars are born show an almost identical signature.

But... Since the Sun is not anywhere near the place it formed, I think that comets and other matter are likely to have been grabbed by the gravity field from our sun, while it traveled through different area's of the galaxy to the place it shines now far away from it's birth place.

This makes sense to me because at creation all matter that isn't part of our solar system would be part of our Sun's neighboring newborn.
Places where this happens show empty and clear space because when a star is born it blows matter away with Solar winds. Material that will then be falling into the gravity trap of the next door neighbor.

When the system stabilized gravity would still grab matter but it will not be expelled or included in the system. It would most likely fall into an orbit around the star where it gets hold from falling by gravity sources from outside of the Sub's influence.

But...
That's just what I just came up with so...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation

Water is not a mystery and anyone can create water at any time whenever they want. I can get ice cubes put them in a glass and make vapor in the air condense around the glass and produce water out of thin air...using frozen water. Is this a mystery or magic? no.
This is not creating water. This is another dispersal model. To create H2O, you need to make Hydrogen and Oxygen bond. There is no bonding in this statement. Illogical.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Either mainstream science is lying, or God is lying and i'm not about to call the creator a liar.

Science only keeps asking questions about stuff in search for the truth. When all options have been disproven except for 1 the that last one will be the truth. Untill new questions arise that is.

If you're creator is the same one as the one(s) from the bible... Then He is the creator of all good, and evil.
Including water.
Yet we are told to forgive and turn the other cheek.

Go figure...

Well, i'm not wanting to argue semantics, but the creator didn't create evil, his most trusted servant that betrayed him did that. Evil didn't orginally exist. Evil came into existence when mankind learned the knowledge of good and evil, meaning the difference between what is right and what is wrong. i dont want to derail the OP so i will leave it at that.

In regards to the OP, it is a mystery i don't think we will ever know 100% for sure until we are actually able to leave the confines of our solar system and explore the great beyond of space.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

This is not creating water. This is another dispersal model. To create H2O, you need to make Hydrogen and Oxygen bond. There is no bonding in this statement. Illogical.

perhaps i misread the OP, did it ask for the source of hydrogen and oxygen atoms and the bonding between them? But then again you should learn some chemistry too and know that different phases of water are due to diferences in the bonds/forces.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
To create a bond between 1 hydrogen atom and one oxygen atom requires:
464 kJ mol-1 , and for 1 H2O molecule to be created, it requires 928 kJ mol-1 . Got a little program at the bottom to deal with the power it takes to bond/break bonds Water itself is created as a byproduct of combustion:

6 types of chemical reactions

Combustion: A combustion reaction is when oxygen combines with another compound to form water and carbon dioxide. These reactions are exothermic, meaning they produce heat. An example of this kind of reaction is the burning of napthalene:

The problem is that out Sun is not a chemical reactor. The question is does the particles it emits have chemical reactions while still inside the Sun? or even: Are there enough chemical reactions coming from inside the Sun to for the Sun to produce molecules, or does it repulse superheated steam on a solar wind more often than pull it in itself?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

perhaps i misread the OP, did it ask for the source of hydrogen and oxygen atoms and the bonding between them? But then again you should learn some chemistry too and know that different phases of water are due to diferences in the bonds/forces.
Nah, I got that, but what was stated in this part that I called ILLOGICAL IS NOT A CHEMICAL REACTION. So my statement still stands as it is an illogical set of reasoning.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
But the other chemical reaction that produces water is:
Same place

Acid-base: This is a special kind of double displacement reaction that takes place when an acid and base react with each other. The H+ ion in the acid reacts with the OH- ion in the base, causing the formation of water. Generally, the product of this reaction is some ionic salt and water:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
Maybe water is god ?

Ha, ha, ha...you could have something there. Water is very special. If people would stop thinking of god as a person or being, your theory would make sense. I think in the very beginning, there was only a watery world that was divided into the firmament and earth. In the choas was Tiamat, EA and the other gods.

What happened to all the water on Mars?
edit on 18-9-2011 by Onboard2 because: Asked the question pertaining to Mars

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

]Nah, I got that, but what was stated in this part that I called ILLOGICAL IS NOT A CHEMICAL REACTION. So my statement still stands as it is an illogical set of reasoning.

Hahahahahahahaha, condensation is not a chemical reaction? LMAO!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

*snort* There's more people who claim visitiation by God as there are people who claim visitation by Aliens. I don't have to beilieve in either, but to state this is not researching the evidence that exists.
edit on 18-9-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: double [/q
who has claimed to have seen god? if there even is a god, he/she/it is an alien,if not an alien...then what? most likely, fanatically religious,emotionally hysterical,sexually repressed nuns,are the people who say they have seen christ, or angels, or the virgin mary,...but god?...i don't think so...how would they even know it was god? when no one even knows what god looks like!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

That article doesnt state that water didn't come from comets but according to one research it PROBABLY didnt come from comets. It doesn't mean anything ... it's one research where there should be hundreds to prove or disprove theory. Few of the best theories in science through the history were: The Earth is flat, The Earth is the center of everything, Sun evolves around Earth etc. ... i think you see where i am going ....

And my answer is that the water came from space ... like everything else, even the molecules in your body.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
What is the puzzle exactly.
100% of the planet was covered in water.
Where did the 25% go.
And why is Saturn called the water planet?
Velikovsky seems to think so.
Ed: So It looks like Velikovsky can tell us where 25% or more
of Earth's water came from: Saturn. It exploded giving off
seven days of bright light to be drowned out by a cosmic
rain storm called the deluge or Noe's flood.
ED+: Why is modern science always asking questions and
never giving any answers. Its so Illuminati.
ED++: if in doubt
www.google.com...
Google it Origin of Water on Earth
the Illuminati internet knows.
ED: Scientists should have read the bible. Duh. Like Velikovsky.
At least most of the water could have been found.

edit on 9/18/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
"how did all this water get here"?..."there is no simple answer to this question" > link > www.thelivingcosmos.com...
edit on 18-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join