It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion...Or Has It?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Previously, a very popular thread has discussed the evidence that Comet C/2010 X1, or as we all know it as, Comet Elenin, has not survived Perihelion.

I have found evidence to the contrary.

Enter Francis Walsh in a moments time.

On September 2nd Michael Mattiazzo claimed

C/2010 X1 Elenin
Left: 2011 Sep 2.39UT
10x10second exposures. C11 SCT and Starlight Express MX7c CCD imager.
Not much change from the previous nights image. Moonlight interference.
Right: new animation of 6 images taken Aug 19,22,23,27,29 Sep 2 displaying the nucleus in the process of disintegrating.

On Sept 2nd Francis Walsh took pictures of Elenin too. This is what he found:

Pictures were claimed to have been taken around 4AM Texas time 1st Sept which is about 7:15pm Australia time with the below Global-rent-a-scope

GRAS-009
Moderate Deep Space - RCOS 12.5" - FL 1950 @ f/6.3
G-009
Officer, Australia

Design: Ritchey-Chrétien Cassegrain
Externally Guided
Camera: SBIG ST10 - Non Anti Bloomin Gate (NABG)
FOV Arc mins: 25.9 x 17.5
Resolution (Arc secs/pixels): 0.95
Pixel Array: 2184 x 1472
Pixel Size: 6.8um
Filters: Lum, UBVRI, Ha, SII, OIII, Blue

Now it would be nice to believe everyone but we don't have that luxury. Until I see a video from this man stating same I won't believe it. Especially after watching the below.

And I do like his summary of the Sept 11 speeches from Obama and co. Glass houses indeed.

I will let you decide. Deny Ignorance.
edit on 18-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is a link I posted in the previous thread, though sadly it is entirely scientific and therefore unlikely to be believed by anyone

Comet Elenin teaches us to sit still and pay attention

So is the comet there or gone? I’m sure that the dust cloud is still there but faint and difficult to photograph because of low altitude and evening twilight. A larger telescope and better conditions would undoubtedly show it. Indeed the comet may be 11th magnitude and just below the limit for Mattiazzo’s scope. Because it will get even closer to the sun from our perspective in the coming days, it may well be impossible to photograph again until it swings into the dark morning sky in mid-October.

Time will tell whether anything of Elenin has survived its first (and undoubtedly only) close encounter with the Sun

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
you may be right op....
but its not like you can stop it, can u now?

edit on 18-9-2011 by DoctorSatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I will let you decide. Deny Ignorance.

Who to believe? An astronomer who has been closely observing comets for years, or a guy in a "Jack Daniels" baseball cap... difficult choice.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Yes, one who is building his own observatory

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I know you're frustrated. No doubt you thought this was good and buried.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

On a friendly note.... On scribd now is published "Final Nibiru Update". Worth a look at even for debunkers.

The writers of these pieces are not wholly unavailable. Added literary references are interesting.-----------------

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Between you and XPlanetX we have our work cut out.

Just forget about it until next week.

It's not like you're going to take any action from a YouTube video?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I'm posting in order to keep track of this thread. I can offer little to the conversation, but gut instinct tells me to watch this.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If you don't have Stellarium I suggest you get it. It's not hard to import Elenin's orbital characteristics from the Minor Planet Center. If you do this, set your location for Texas at 4 AM on September 2. Then do a search for C/2010 X1. If you do this you will see that what is photographed here couldn't possibly be Comet Elenin as it wouldn't rise for at least another four hours.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

No, but I just don't want blanket statements thrown about when there is evidence elsewhere offering different opinions.

Michael Mattiazzo claimed the nucleus was elongating, these pics above claimed to be on the exact day and do not show this with different filters applied.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I know you're frustrated. No doubt you thought this was good and buried.

Quite the contrary. When nothing happens I will take great delight in bumping this thread so that everyone will be reminded of the credibility of the various participants!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

He uses Rent-a-scope.

He has tracked Elenin for a long time. He has other videos that I can post that will bore you into submission...but still offers convincing proof he, atleast, knows what he is doing.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Do you know what scope he used? I would like to be able to check to see whether or not Elenin was actually visible.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

GRAS-009
Moderate Deep Space - RCOS 12.5" - FL 1950 @ f/6.3
G-009
Officer, Australia

Design: Ritchey-Chrétien Cassegrain
Externally Guided
FOV Arc mins: 25.9 x 17.5
Pixel Array: 2184 x 1472
Pixel Size: 6.8um
Filters: Lum, UBVRI, Ha, SII, OIII, Blue

4AM Texas time is about 7.15pm Australia time...so right on the ending of dusk/perfect time to see Elenin.

Edited OP to include scope details.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

This particular imaging system "blooms." This means that excess light on a given pixel spills onto neighboring pixels, causing the object to appear larger than it actually is. Since the resolution of any given pixel is 0.95 seconds of arc, it is not very useful for trying to determine how many chunks under two kilometers wide there are at a distance of 75 million kilometers. Nobody said there's nothing there, just that its dimming suggests that it's breaking up. The Perfect Mind needs to learn how to use the tools he's using before he comes to any conclusions. What do the various filters that he uses do, by the way? Does he give any indication that he knows?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Michael Mattiazzo suggests the nucleus is elongating. The evidence put forth by Francis Walsh suggest otherwise. Please, go and watch all his videos yourself. Then please come back with your highly detailed as to why Francis is wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

and also Michael Mattiazzo fails to tell you which Telescope he is using. He has 3, and he is in the same state as I am and operates a telescope 2 suburbs over. I can tell you that from Brooklyn Park you cannot see all that much at that time of night. Dimming can be expected given how close to the horizon it was getting.

Brooklyn Park, SA

Which is only 6km from the city centre, and the lights from our city.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Michael Mattiazzo does tell you what telescope he's using:

www.yp-connect.net...

Most importantly, he tells you what he's using for the imaging, a Starlight Express MX7c CCD, which has an anti-blooming gate.

Edit to add: www.starlight-xpress.co.uk...
edit on 18-9-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join