It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try smokeless nicotine cigarettes, says government (UK)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You didn't know e-cigs contain nicotine? That was never hidden and is in fact talked about in this thread.

That's one of the big reasons people use them because it gives them a way to get their nicotine that is way healthier for you as opposed to using regular cigarettes. You are getting the nicotine yes, but you are not getting the tar, cancer causing agents and chemicals in burning tobacco smoke.

E-cigs Do Not cause cancer. You will find not one study that shows e-cigs cause cancer.

Nicotine by itself without the burning tobacco smoke is not a cancer causing agent to any extent that it will harm you. As we talked about already in the thread, We talked about this you and i already. Nicotine has trace amounts of carcinogens that your body can irradiate easily.

Did I not tell you folks to read everything you can.. the pros and cons.. I did tell you that. If your a smoker that wants a better smoking alternative than something that's guaranteed to kill you then e-cigs can work for you.

Again, i do not sell them, and have told no one to buy a certain product. E-cigs can help you get off the tobacco that's killing you. it's important for me to see people do that because i hate for anyone to get smoking related diseases. I know these have saved my life but they are not for everyone. That's why I keep telling you guys to read and do your own research.

if you are a smoker, you wont find anything in them worse than the cigarettes you are already smoking and you will be not putting tons of cancer causing agents tar, carbon monoxide etc into your body. That's called harm reduction. That's why people use them. Give them a fair shot and read all you can.It may save your life.

edit on 23-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I guess I was unaware that nicotine is a cancer causing agent. I guess I assumed it was cancer free based on everyone in this thread talking them up based on how "healthy" they are. People went pretty far and got fairly defensive to prove to me how wonderful they are listing numerous great things about them, when the truth is they still cause cancer. Many people argued with me at first when I said that ecigs still contained carcinogens being inhaled. This was just common sense to me. After a bunch of convincing people basically said they DO NOT contain carcinogens, I ordered two starter kits for me and my wife. I feel punked based on the fact that these ecigs still cause cancer. It says it right on the box yet nowhere does it say so on dealer websites or anyplace in this thread. Why are you all pushing something that still causes cancer? And the government in the UK? What's up with that!

Bunch of BS if you asked me.

edit on 23-9-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I cannot speak for others in this thread but I never said there was no risk with e-cigs. They are a healthier alternative to smoking tobacco than the kind you burn. The nicotine in e-cigs have never been shown to cause cancer. Same with eggplant and tomatoes.

What do eggplant and tomatoes have in common with e-cigs you may ask?

They all contain trace amounts of Nicotine. Do you not eat tomatoes because they have nicotine and thus carcinogens in then? No that would be silly because you understand the amount is so small it cannot hurt you. same with the carcinogens in nicotine. Only trace amounts are found.

It's not like the very large amounts of carcinogens you get from the burning smoke the, carbon monoxide arsenic ammonia hydrogen cyanide cyanide acetone butane DDT formaldehyde sulfuric acid cadmium methoprene and others.

Regular cigs, all of the above and more. E-cigs 1. Nicotine ( and you adjust that dosage) All those others are major sources of carcinogens while the nicotine in e-cigs only has trace amounts.

What would you rather put in your body? Something that causes great harm or something that does not cause great harm?

I encouraged you to read and study the issue. You even said you did some research. If you are not happy with your purchase you only have yourself to blame for not doing enough research and making a hasty decision. But i think you're jumping the gun. If your a smoker who wants to quit, this can help. Heck even the FDA approved nicotrol inhaler has nicotine and the same trace amounts of carcinogens as e-cigs do. I'm telling you I think if you tried them and could get used to them you would be a happier healthier "smoker". I wish health for you and your family that is all. That's all I get out of this is to see you not get killed by all the bad stuff in tobacco smoke.

edit on 23-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I appreciate your knowledge on the subject and I can agree ecigs are a better alternative to regular cigarettes but I don't like the tomato analogy at all because tomatoes don't require packaging to say it causes cancer and birth defects. Therefore, one can only assume either ecigs contain higher levels of carcinogens then trace amounts. Maybe big tobacco is doing everything they can to ruin ecigs market share through strong arming the FDA?

Either way adequate testing needs to be conducted.
edit on 23-9-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I bought the E-cig before about 3 years ago and the model that I bought was expensive (100$), but rather poorly made. The vapor was pretty cool though as well as the novelty of it. Now it's cheaper and hopefully better made. E-cigs is obviously the healthier choice, but nicotine is also harmful to the body.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
I bought the E-cig before about 3 years ago and the model that I bought was expensive (100$), but rather poorly made. The vapor was pretty cool though as well as the novelty of it. Now it's cheaper and hopefully better made. E-cigs is obviously the healthier choice, but nicotine is also harmful to the body.

That's just the thing though. This technology is still in it's infancy. The problem is, people are taking advantage of that. There are literally new 'fly-by-night' companies popping up every day, charging hundreds of dollars for inferior products but good marketing.

I actually used them to quit smoking, the difference is I completed my due diligence and actually read some smokeless cigarette reviews ( www.smokeless-cigarettes.info... ) before I just up and bought the first flashy marketing banner. As far as the health part goes, I think it goes hand in hand with quality control. Without proper quality control, smokeless cigarettes could be dangerous. However, on paper, smokeless cigarettes would be healthier than regular cigarettes. It's just getting all the kinks worked out in the technology.

Also, yes, big tobacco companies HATE that these exist now so they are pulling every political string they have to try and give them a bad name.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

BS. Your own ignorance to the subject matter does not a "ecig sales thread" make.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
66 years of age, still smoking. Dr. asked me once, "Do you smoke?", i said, No thanks mate, just put one out.
Have never heard of anyone going into a Garage with 20 Ciggies to Commit Suicide......Have heard about those who used a car to do so. So how about banning the use of Petroleum ?????

My Mother was 55 when cancer deprived her of the right to live. Dad, who also smoked, died aged 74 - had a stroke. Oh and now - heard on CBS tonight - Alchohol can cause Breast Cancer ---- also heardon same CBS news, how Alchohol (Proved by French ) can prevent certain Heart problems.

UK, Gov't got rid of ciggies to cut back the £800 Million pound tax that helped run the NHS. Something they are trying to privatise.

Worked - back in the 60 - 70s as Operating Theatre Technician. Funny how the Hospital had £16,000 to get rid of before April, or their budget would be cut-back. £16,000 was for decorating. Yet a Female patient died because they did not have the required £400.00 to buy a Defribrillator. Thats why and how I choose to ignore so called medical expertise.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join