It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you 'knew'?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
I hope everyone would kill this man, it's not a difficult choice.

I don't think there's any choice at all!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

There really is only one solution here that will work,

Agreed.

but it isn't up to me alone to make that choice.

That is also absolutely certain.

That has an ominous ring to it.
Seriously.

What's the follow on? I feel as though I'm being lead to the pit.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
OP, if there really is only 1 answer then why are we having this discussion?

Why do you need assistance?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
I hope everyone would kill this man, it's not a difficult choice.

I don't think there's any choice at all!

No choice also means accepting the consequences, and the ultimate outcome, by simply avoiding a decision, one can allow it all to happen by default.

The clock is still moving forward, and the window of opportunity slowly closing.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The choice for me is would I rather take the life of one, or have a hand in taking the life of thousands.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EmilNomel

Originally posted by EmilNomel
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

namaste.

This is about the video above

I think she's missed the point entirely - the issue is not 'who should we blame' or pseudo-intentionality, it is the question of 'is this going to change anything for the better'. In the case of the railroad, the someone was gonna die, unavoidably, so the choice was easy to make. In the case of the healthy patient, there would be actual harm to someone who was already healthy (he wasn't scheduled to die of cancer, but with healthy organs see..)...But if we knew that he was going to die in 3 days of a car accident, WHO WOULD SAY NO DON'T harvest his organs which will save 5 people?

It is all about 'what is avoidable' & 'will it harm what is currently good?' in any situation. Look at the factory example. In the first case, the environment being harmed is AVOIDABLE, hence it's better not to make the factory. In the second case, the environment is being helped as a bonus, so no problems, go right ahead and build the factory. Intentionality doesn't come into it!!! How does an intelligent neuroscientist miss the point like this? *sigh*
edit on 18-9-2011 by rainychica because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
whats a man and the nam.. anyway
just one-or-so a letter difference there makes a lot...
en.wiktionary.org...:Search&search=id+amin&fulltext=Search&ns0=1&redirs=1
en.wiktionary.org...
en.wiktionary.org...
en.wiktionary.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
OP, if there really is only 1 answer then why are we having this discussion?

Why do you need assistance?

I need nothing, this isn't about me, in any way shape or form... Remember?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You know an awful lot for a person not personally involved but I digress.

That said, why would anyone need to help this person make this decision? I'm sorry but the mind effing is getting a bit tiring.

Just go on and kill the man. It has to be a lot less painful than this increasingly urgent situation.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Well, what if this Villain has had a dream that if he doesn't do anything earth would be destroyed by overpopulation and hence an increase in demand for nuclear energy ( or a nuclear war) that would do irrepairable harm on earth?

Who in this case is the villain?

Don't kill anyone, let all sides know all their options

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

There really is only one solution here that will work,

Agreed.

but it isn't up to me alone to make that choice.

That is also absolutely certain.

That has an ominous ring to it.
Seriously.

What's the follow on? I feel as though I'm being lead to the pit.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmilNomel
just use your psychic abilities to 'sabotage'

I have no psychic abilities... Read all of my posts here, there are only two options here, so far nothing has changed that.

So what would YOU do?

Someone has psychic abilities otherwise we do not have the information you say we have. The ability to "know" that this is going to happen. If there is no psychic ability then someone has a time machine. If you have a time machine just go back nine months before this individual is born and distract his parents from having sex for a few days time. The monster is never born and the day has been saved and no one is dead.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93

That said, why would anyone need to help this person make this decision? I'm sorry but the mind effing is getting a bit tiring.

This isn't a decision for one person, when the outcome can affect so many.. That would be too great a burden for any ONE.

It is tiring, I'm sure for you... So, go take a break, and relax for a while.. Come back when, or if you want.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

1) You intervene. You kill him. Millions don't die. Millions don't undergo suffering. Whatever was meant to happen will now have to happen another way, perhaps with another dr. evil. And millions will die regardless, making your action useless.

2) You intervene. You kill him. Millions don't die. We carry on doing the same stupid crap we do everyday, and greed and selfishness become more prevalent than ever. Eventually we all die of ennui & drug addiction, or kill each other in crazy fits of rage (or just poison the water supply because it costs too much to be eco-friendly).

3) You don't intervene. Lots of people die. Even more people suffer. This leads them to look inwards and think how we ended up where we did and vow to never let it happen again (and mean it).

4) You don't intervene. Lots of people die. Even more people suffer. Life goes on. It always has.

Did I leave anything out?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

This doesn't end well for you, if you choose to intervene, it also doesn't end well for you if you try other ways to stop him... It isn't an easy choice, no matter what you choose here.

It doesn't matter how it ends for me. If I (you) have been chosen, and given the visions, and given the proof ahead of time to believe the visions, and I have the opportunity to sacrifice myself to save millions............. it doesn't seem like a choice at all? It doesn't end well for me (you) either way. Either I sacrifice myself for a great cause right now, or I wait 7 years, watch the world crumble, and end up suffering anyway.

I don't know exactly what I would do, without having the details of the situation, if you'd like to PM me the details, I'd by happy to help devise a plan, otherwise, the only thing I can say, is I WOULD ACT!! Act Now. Don't wait until the last second, don't give in to selfish thoughts about your own consequences. The only thoughts you should have, are the thoughts about whether or not the situation is real or imaginary (schizo?). If you are certain it is real................ ACT!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The OP reminds of christian god who told his followers not to kill ( the christian god was trying to prevent deaths)
then he himself went on killing sprees that would put Stalin and Hitler to shame.

Preventing death with a killing is just flast out hypocrisy.

Does the precog actually want to kill someone? Or does he suffer from some type of Hero complex?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hindu God Yama is/was God over Death but he did not really killed anyone to Death.. just help (re)place a person
by his matrix of beleives - thats how a person repeats it-selves where ever time reapiers and those energies involved find themselves again
the matrix is tricky and the wholeness needs to be involved in some way
otherwise the deeding really is
so - killing - its an english word that actually means >>

disruption
en.wiktionary.org...
English
[edit] Etymology

From Latin disruptionem (from disrumpere)
[edit] Pronunciation

IPA: /dɪsˈɹʌpʃən/, SAMPA: /dIs"r\VpS@n/

[edit] Noun

disruption (plural disruptions)

An interruption to the regular flow or sequence of something.  [quotations ▼]
A continuing act of disorder  [quotations ▼]

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Just a minor clarification, as the way the OP is written there seems to be some confusion about the 7 years.

These are the years you are taken through this man's life in the "experience" ending in the completion of his work, and the execution of his plan.... With two following outcomes, one where you intervene, and one where you do not. You are fully aware of both, and only have the time window of opportunity to act on it given over the 72 hour period where you know he will be, and can do something, or not. That is the point of no return, and no other viable options.

The time remaining before he executes his plan, is not 7 years, and has variables depending on the choices you make.. It isn't that far into the near future.

So, shall I go through this thread now for a clear consensus, or wait for more responses?

So far, the general feeling seems to lean toward the possibility that the "experience" could be wrong, or flawed, and that there may be other options to consider... Generally, no one would actually have the fortitude to kill this man and sacrifice themselves in the process... It is easy to see that which hides in false bravery.

You have the remainder of this day and another to consider all input, and act or not based on that, and all previous posts.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join