It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

It all depends on composition.

Being a comet that orbits within the inner solar system, rather than one from the Oort cloud, it seems quite likely that Encke (which obviously is slowly disintegrating else it'd never have a tail nor produce meteor showers) has a more compact, rocky, nature. Elenin was more of an mushy snowball from the outer reaches and never survived what was probably it's first close encounter with Sol. And it's not just the (relative) warm, or the solar wind or CMEs, there's also gravitation effects of the Sun and indeed the planets. Indeed, after all the nonsense about Elenin somehow, bizarrely, having an effect on and super massive (in comparison) Earth, maybe it was actually Earth's gravitation effects which helped pull Elenin apart?

It's not easy being a comet.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

How about Biela's Comet discovered in 1772, and presumed to have broken up in 1842, creating a meteor field/shower called Andromedids.

Boom with boom sprinkled on top.
- Yup, Elenin is quite the exception

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I merely presented various speculative research about Comet Elenin. I never said it was going to destroy the Earth except just joke about it doing so!

Thanks for bringing up my threads by the way. Theres some interesting info I almost forgot about!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
we should just wait for the next couple of months to pass and see what happens...
Everyones ego is so big they want to be right! Last time I checked no one knows everything...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by Essan

Interestingly, comets originating in the Kuiper Belt, a cometary source just beyond Neptune, do not disrupt nearly as often as those originating in the Oort cloud.

Comet Elenin originated from the Kuiper Belt by the way.

Says who?

All references I can find say the Oort cloud.

It tends to be short period comets which originate from the Kuiper belt (ie those which enter the inner system on a regular basis - like Halley's comet)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BroketheWall

I agree.

I'm done arguing here about Comet Elenin!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I like the idea of calling out people on their absurd fear-mongering.

I told this guy at the time I would call him out on his claims once Elenin turned out to be nothing.

Well, here you go mate, you were/are a fool.

Here was de1111codEiT's post:

"Originally posted by de1111codEiT

I would state it as a FACT that ELEnin is the planetary body that will bring about the start of the purification process that many of our brothers and sister of past and present tribes and civilisations of are world have predicted and prophised..."

I hope people learn from this, but I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

reply to post by SatoriTheory

Hundreds of Comets pass close to the Sun every year without "melting".

True. This is certainly the case. But why stop there in your report? It is also true that dozens of comets disintigrate on aproach to, or at perihelion or there abouts. It is not unueual.

Why did Comet Elenin have to be the exception? Its surface area is MASSIVE the fact it is 4 km in diameter, and it was only 0.482 AU from the Sun - a large enough distance to escape the threat of "melting".

It is not the exception, it is a comon occurance.

Size is not everything. Composition is important. Think of a giant rocky snowball. Frozen mush. Ice. Then think of speeding in towards the sun, being hit by a CME, gravity.......

It's bound to happen now and then.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
S+F!!!

I really cannot wait to see what doom threads will start up next! Can anybody remember what the doom mongers talked about pre-Elenin?

Maybe we should keep more of an eye on what we humans are doing to ourselves thorough war and greed rather than what some comet may or may not do. Lets face it, if we went into a bookmakers and asked for odds on death by comet, shift of conciousness from comet, death by Brown Dwarf or death inflicted by humanity, i'm pretty certain I know what the favourite would be.

And yes, i'm pretty much aware that asking a bookie on odds of my own death is ridiculous, just being hypothetical

CC

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Come on, everyone must know how the super secret squirrels at NASA got rid of it.

Some dweebs at NASA issued the sequences

NASA Dweeb 1, "Destruct sequence 1, code 1-1 A."
NASA Dweeb 2, "Destruct sequence 2, code 1-1 A-2B."
NASA Dweeb 3, "Destruct sequence 3, code 1 B-2B-3."

and then the Administrator of NASA, Bolden, issued the final sequence

"Code zero zero zero. Destruct. Zero."

Thus, comet Elenin is no more.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

It didn't melt, it had already broken up when hit by a CME, this probably also vaporized most of the volatiles that were present meaning that even if the pieces came back together somehow there would be nothing left to make a coma, or to hold the pieces together.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well done everyone, its good to see you are quick to accept one persons`s theory and evidence and take it as fact.

Well done, now if this guys suggests that the sun is actually a nice shade of blue with a hint of green will you take that as fact to?

Just because someone has said Elenin is no longer there your ready to jump on board and support the claims without any shed of evidence accept for something the same guy posts?

If Elenin exists then the powers that be would most likely doctor evidence and send out false reports and claims, and yet nobody even knows what elenin was or is yet.

My adivce is wait and see, because I have no doubt that someone else will pop up soon and give us evidence that Elenin is still there. Its very much like a game of cat and mouse, people wanting it to come, others wanting to prove them wrong. Only time will tell for sure.
edit on 17-9-2011 by bluloa because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2011 by bluloa because: correction

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Why dont we just wait !!
Lets just wait till the end of September...
All you "experts" out there for and against have NO conclusive evidence apart from your stupid limited information and guessing.
Lets see who's right or wrong before making big claims to fame. September 27 is not far off...
Earth is still experiencing odd behavior which nobody can explain dont forget...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bluloa

Times up my friend, Dr Cox has spoken.

But it's ok, all evidence showing the disintegration of Elenin has been doctored...

Nice cop out.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

we have no choise but to wait thats why
and i dont buy it
im also guissing its like nothing to see here and then
WHAMMMMMM
but we will know shortly
for a brief second at least lol

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Look at what happened with this comet. It came in from the outer-most reaches of the solar system for the first time ever. It was something no human eyes had ever seen before. It entered the inner solar system, and, on its first approach, was hit by a CME and disintegrated at perihelion.

In any rational, logic-based, and scientifically-driven society, this would have been a beautiful, once-in-multiple-lifetimes event. But, what have we done to it. It became a mockery and a testament of our own (in)ability to base ourselves in common sense.

What should have been a truly astronomical event was turned, by us, into a source of cynical paranoia.

Those who saw this for what it was - comet being seen by us for the first, and now last, time - should feel privileged, both to have witnessed and appreciated such an occurrence.
Those who saw this as yet another chance to degrade, reject, and slander our sciences and to take advantage of others - they should be humiliated. But, of course, they won't be. They weren't the last time, nor the time before that... and they won't be the next time. Whatever the reasons people use to justify their insolence...I just hope they're satisfied.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
sorry but it aint over yet, the comet is known for its precise acuate transverse patterns of re generation you should all know this by now, and its not the first time either that this has happened check est circa 2008 records and charts its similar to the photon effect the one which they played out in two parts one here on earth and one in the space shuttle both parts interacted with the same velocity at the same time with the same experiment unknowingly, all elenin has done is created the first level of reforming as an inute and non conspicuous gas as that is what it is, and it will re form and appear again, its very similar to when you take a gas lighter and flick the switch the gas is there but untill the spark arrives you cannot see it, and just watch the spark will arrive very shortly.

i mean it will honestly, i promise you it will, it has to afterall i have sold my house, my car, all my stocks and shares and took the 3 million and changed it into gold bars, are u really saying now is the time to not run to the hill, instead perhaps i should go and be a playboy again in rio or something..

just wait the comet will return it has too cause i had a dream last night telling me this. ok

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by bluloa

Times up my friend, Dr Cox has spoken.

But it's ok, all evidence showing the disintegration of Elenin has been doctored...

Nice cop out.

I call your doctored photos, and raise you the fact that Elenin never existed in the first place

Come on guys - prove to me that Elenin was real, and not just all made up by NASA for a bit of fun one quiet Friday afternoon (after a couple of lunchtime pints of Speckled Hen down "Ye Olde Ferret and Firkin English style pub"). Obvious now, innit

edit on 17-9-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What? NASA spent all that money to knock a rock from some God-forsaken place into an orbit around the Sun just to give some entertainment for the Niburu enthusiasts and that one just evaporated? Talk about all the money going up in smoke!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
and then WHAM
but im sure im just an idiot

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join