It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Creationists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Wrong. Of all the historians who lived during the time Jesus was said to live NONE of them wrote anything about him.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I have an important question to ask, a question which has never been answered with actual Evidence or Logic for that matter.....Where is the Evidence for anything that is said in the Bible? And i dont want that "It was said in the Bible" that just shows how Gullible Creationists can be. But seriously what Evidence has you convinced the World works in the way your Religion says it does?

Good thing someone like you with some real brains has come along. To ask these really brilliant questions that
may never have occured to anyone if you had n't come about.

I mean for real ? Are you so caught up in yourself and what you think you know, that you half to run out from behind obscurity waving this wormy post around ? Like it's somekind of Revelation from a supreme being ?
I mean if you knew anything ? it would be that you don't know squat. What's worse is you embarass yourself and you don't even have a clue. Do you honestly think everyone is like you and needs evidence like you need it ?
Typical over and over again. You are redundant not knew ok ? Get that in your head first. ?. You don't even realise the disadvantage you dictate over people by asking these bullseye questions.
Do you have to state how you think existence came about ? So I can hammer on you ? About what you believe ?

You're pathetic at best.

edit on 19-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
The evolution theory removed God and replaced Him with the mother Gaia “nature worship" - you know, her law called  “survival of the fittest.” Charles Darwin studied theology, never biology.

Charles Darwin's grandfather was one of the highest ranking Masons in his time and had strong ties with other higher Masters and with the Illuminati, whose prime cause was fostering hostility to religion. There is so much evidence that they simply desired to destroy a belief in God and replace it with a naturalist philosophy and a human centred model.  And guess what? Several centuries later, our young children are all exposed to this 'belief as fact' that evolution, not God, is the reason for existence. Once again, we have been unknowingly subjected to brainwashing by Freemasons/Illuminati. The entire purpose of these Satanists was, and still is, to remove God from as many loves as possible. Thus their destruction could truly begin. 

The cold hard fact remains - the probability of ONE unique species developing  it's intricate limbs, body, fur, eyes, DNA and thought from primordial goo is next to zero. Next to zero. 
And yet people who believe this theory of evolution think that MILLIONS of species had to do the same process. The probability of millions of unique species, all independently evolving from goo, is ZERO.

God created all life on this planet. And His masterful creation was us, in His Image.

You don't know much about the man. He started out religious.. It's best to research the very thing you argue against lest you be evangelistic for the sake of evangelism

en.wikipedia.org...'s_religious_views

edit on 19-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by auraelium

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by auraelium

Originally posted by boony
I use to believe in evolution until I researched the evidence for evolution, and still I havnt seen or heard anything that would convince me evolution has any evidence.
Evolution is a far harder religion to support that any other religion on offer.

You havent done much research then.if you think that there is little evidence in the scientific world that refutes creationism. Considering there are millions of papers written by hundreds of thousands of scientists on the subject going back 120 years.
Especially since we have mapped the DNA for most animals and can trace their evolution back through millions of generations.
edit on 15-9-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

Uhh, sounds like you're just pulling numbers out of your bum. It also sounds like you're just talking about Micro-Evolution, which Creationists actually believe in, as it's just evolution through the same species, which is why you can trace their DNA back generation after generation and find similarities.

What you will NOT find, is one species turning into another species. You'll not find the so called "missing link", because the missing link is missing, not because of like of searching, but because it doesn't exist.

Please clarify if I'm wrong in making my previous assertion about Micro-Evolution, however.

Oh please ... so you believe in evolution within a species but you dont believe one species can evolve into another... Then explain why humans share 98% of DNA with chimpanzees or 18% of DNA with plants.why do we share 44% of our DNA with the common house fly?

Evolution within a species is common knowledge. Creationists don't argue that. Macro-Evolution is put under question because there has never been any observation of one species turning into another species. As I said, the missing link isn't missing because of lack of searching, but because it doesn't exist. It's like the Loch Ness monster. People who believe in it are chasing fairy tales.

As to why DNA is similar.. DNA is is the genetic make up of an animal, and if they have a similar make up, it shows that whatever -designed- them knew that things needed to function similarly in a similar environment.

Now let me ask you a question, why are there so few Humans alive today? There's barely 7 billion Humans alive on this planet. If Evolution was to be believed, there should be BILLIONS more alive today. Math itself proves Evolution wrong.

Take a look at this site here.

It argues that whole question I brought up. Here's a highlight near the bottom of the page, but certainly isn't the central point:

A study at the University of California at Berkeley reports that according to their research of DNA, people started about 200,000 years ago in Africa. A similar study at Emory University in Atlanta says that we started about 140,000 years ago in Asia. Both cases are trying to say (through the statistics above, that it took over 5,500 years AT LEAST for the population to double, even though the current growth rate does it in 39 years.

We share a common ancester with the other great apes. That's evolution.

More human bloodlines have died out than are alive today. That's natural selection.

In fact it's been shown through DNA that the human race was reduced to about 2000 people at some point in our history and almost died out.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

For one you dont have any idea how many people tell me how im going to burn just because i dont believe in God. And there is no Evidence to back up any of these peoples claims.

If anything your pathetic. You'd rather throw insults rather than back up your beliefs. Typical Religious Folk.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Might I respond with, "Where is the evidence that it is false?"

Evidence has nothing to do with reading about how to be a good person in the world. What evidence do you need to prove it more than how the world reacts back to you with what you've been reading. Isn't that scientifically testable to be proven? So if I follow this book's words, and it says I will find salvation, and my life is more fruitful and I love people more than ever before... then I have found salvation. At least ON earth.

The problem with people and the Bible is everyone cross checks with the after life. The Bible is meant to deliver salvation NOW. You read it and act it, and it will happen. That is where the proof is.

As for the Old Testament, the only testability it has could possibly be with ancient fossils or relation to ancient history that is recorded. This is where the faith comes in. Much of what a Christian lives is based off of the new testament anyways, and the words are meant to be followed as a life style.

It is interesting how people turn the Bible away so easily, but will listen to anyone mindlessly tell them how quantum physics works. What is the difference? Most of the independent readers who closely follow the science have complete faith in what these people are printing in books and digital issuing... and that is so easy to accept versus something that gives you pure life? You're not even there in the lab room and yet what their words state are true. Anything at school is just easily accepted because it is published by three last names and that makes a credible source of reality. You're told the way that things are and just accept it through the books.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Not trying to be contentious but not all religion comes from the Hebrew bible. Christianity is a minority of the world’s belief systems and does not accept all of the Hebrew bibles. Even the Jews have trouble with belief in a God. In 1952 only 35% of Jews believed their own bible and in 1965 17% of Jews believed in their own bible. This census was printed in “Jewish Views of the Afterlife by Simcha Paull Raphael” – Still in print at Amazon –

But to answer your question there are many archeological digs that prove many places and events which are written in the Hebrew bible. As far as spiritual things are concerned it is mostly theology. Some thing like dark matter is to an astronomer.

Moses is claimed to have written the first five books of the Hebrew bible but I can’t prove that Moses wrote anything much less wrote the truth. If you ask an amateur who doesn’t have any knowledge of any of the sciences but tells you that he or she believes that man evolved from a monkey, then that person is saying that he or she has faith in what is told to them. So wouldn’t that be theological to that amatuer? I don’t mean to say that it is theological to a biologist who understands a factual provable existence but to anyone who does not understand that biology it is simply believed by that person by faith.

That’s what most creationists must have to do because they can’t verify that the bible was written by anyone. They don’t even have the original manuscripts that the bible was compiled with so they must believe the bible by faith just the same as that amateur must believe the scientist. So I guess the answer would be that not all that is in the bible can be proven by scientists as fact.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
bah i must duck out of this, the idiocy of creationists is just too much for me to read.

basically this is an argument that will never be won for either side. us scientists know the truth and the creationists will always be absolutely sure that their make believe world is true so i suppose we just leave it at that.

someday i hope for the segregation of the religious from the non religious and we will thrive and they will kill each other

That is the best idea I have read in ages, we will need a big land mass and make sure they don't have any nukes....Oh and we gotta build a big wall around em a bit like zombie defense I suppose

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by randyvs

For one you dont have any idea how many people tell me how im going to burn just because i dont believe in God. And there is no Evidence to back up any of these peoples claims.

If anything your pathetic. You'd rather throw insults rather than back up your beliefs. Typical Religious Folk.

See, I don't take your dittoed opinion of me, as an insult. The word suggests only an observation, but you may be more sensitrive than I am. Just as well, if you knew me personally ? Pathetic, would be the last thing that would come to mind.

This thread you put together, isn't worthy ,of anyone, anywhere, having to back up anything. You haven't said anything of what you believe, or as I am led to presume, is your new found most perfectly logical explaination
for mans existence. See like it or not pal ? God explains our exsistence. If you don't like that, by way of how it sounds, or the facts don't hold up to your scrutiny. First you need something to challenge with Uncle Fester.
You come on challenging with nothing ? How is it, that I can deem that as anything but pathetic ?

You're right about my lack of interest in your ( or for that matter anyones ) own, personally experienced life statistics. Or any value, you they may find in them, in accordance to their own confirmation of ignorance.
edit on 23-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

if you knew me personally ? Pathetic, would be the last thing that would come to mind.

Well I have to say the above is one of the most pathetic things ive ever read on the web. Anyone even remotely secure with themselves and their worldview wouldn't ever feel the need to make such a statement.

God explains our exsistence. If you don't like that, by way of how it sounds, or the facts don't hold up to your scrutiny.

The bible makes claims on the origins of our existence yes, but that right there is the only fact in that tale......

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Phh,

Well I have to say the above is one of the most pathetic things ive ever read on the web. Anyone even remotely secure with themselves and their worldview wouldn't ever feel the need to make such a statement

You have no chance, if you don't know the difference, between a statement and reply.
Any more earth shattering, off topic revelations of judgement, from the wise one of the peanut gallery ?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

You have no chance, if you don't know the difference, between a statement and reply.

Statements and replies are not mutually exclusive.

Any more earth shattering, off topic revelations of judgement, from the wise one of the peanut gallery ? :lol

:

You line them up. and i'll knock them down

But back OP

CREATIONISTS

1: Why did your god give men nipples?

2: assuming Jesus required subsistence, it would follow he would need to defecate. Wouldn't the stools produced by a god be of special significance? and did they give off an offensive odour that is typical to all men?

edit on 26-10-2011 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I have an important question to ask, a question which has never been answered with actual Evidence or Logic for that matter.....Where is the Evidence for anything that is said in the Bible? And i dont want that "It was said in the Bible" that just shows how Gullible Creationists can be. But seriously what Evidence has you convinced the World works in the way your Religion says it does?

Good thing someone like you with some real brains has come along. To ask these really brilliant questions that
may never have occured to anyone if you had n't come about.

I mean for real ? Are you so caught up in yourself and what you think you know, that you half to run out from behind obscurity waving this wormy post around ? Like it's somekind of Revelation from a supreme being ?
I mean if you knew anything ? it would be that you don't know squat. What's worse is you embarass yourself and you don't even have a clue. Do you honestly think everyone is like you and needs evidence like you need it ?
Typical over and over again. You are redundant not knew ok ? Get that in your head first. ?. You don't even realise the disadvantage you dictate over people by asking these bullseye questions.
Do you have to state how you think existence came about ? So I can hammer on you ? About what you believe ?

You're pathetic at best.

Typical argumentum ad hominem. Not a single word in your response is on-topic.

The question is very simple and it may have been asked plenty of times before, but I've (also) never seen any convincing answer to it. I know this question was asked rhetorically; maybe the purpose of asking this question is to wake more people up from the illusion of religion.

Just skipping through this thread alone showed several of the 'template' answers creationists have, but they are all flawed in not dealing with the subject at hand directly. For example, there may be plenty of archaeological evidence for places mentioned in the bible (as stated a few times in this thread), but that doesn't prove anything about the existence of god or any other superior being. It just proves that some places where known to the authors of the bible. Do you know that the word "belief" stems from a root that originally meant "to desire, esteem"? It's something you desire, but that doesn't make it fact.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RationalDespair

The smart people, are convinced way before they find themselves digging in the dirt looking for 2000 yr old crap.
Atheists are funny, but no where close to correct.

The fool says there is no God then comes death then judgement. So live on, to that inevitable day when every knee will bow and every tongue will confess, Jesus Christ is lord. Good luck.

edit on 26-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

"You havn't even got a name tag. You've got no chance".

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

The smart people, are convinced way before they find themselves digging in the dirt looking for 2000 yr old crap.

And you base this one what exactly???

The fool says there is no God then comes death then judgement. So live on, to that inevitable day when every knee will bow and every tongue will confess, Jesus Christ is lord. Good luck.

Some more very convincing arguments here. Wow.

Okay, so having a name tag defines credibility on ATS? Seriously? You went back to edit your post to add this bit of crap?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

And you base this one what exactly???

Oh I don't know, maybe it was the fact that you brought it up ?

Keep 'em coming. See if you get anywhere ?
edit on 27-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

That's hilarious. Researching and studying fossils and genetic evidence is definitely a sign of stupidity. Scientists are dumb because they don't ASSUME the bible is automatically correct and literal even though there's not a single shred of evidence to support it. How dumb of them. The smart thing to do is believe in something you've never seen, spoken to or even seen evidence of existence. Smart people ignore physical evidence. Haha. Another sure sign of intelligence is definitely believe something out of fear that it may be right. Evolutionary science has helped us understand biology and helped us cure diseases, which is much more than this alleged all powerful all loving god has done. I'm really going to laugh when the aliens come back and tell us that they are responsible for 90% of world religions.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

God is an explanation but this belief in a Higher Power takes alot of of peoples lives, has gotten people murdered in the past in the name of "God" (Salem, The Inquisition, The Crusades etc.) and takes Rational Thinking out of how they perceive people and even the world. And as it turns out there is not a shred of Evidence for any of the Gods from any Religion but it justifies the shunning of people who dont believe in such things. How couldnt i be mad at this. And you not showing any Evidence just proves my point. Since you cant prove your self you jump on a completely different subject to avoid the inevitability that there is no Evidence.

Im Atheist just to let you know.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
just let the religious folk live in their own world. we can all take solice in the fact that 2000 years from now people will be worshipping harry potter as the second coming of christ

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Im Atheist just to let you know.

And that's ok with me . I don't hate atheists. But I can become agitated at anyone who comes off with an all knowing attitude. You ask, no, you demand, evidence of things that are not of this world. Then when your demands aren't met you act like that proves something. Yet you can't deny the possibility that the Creator of all of this existence, this dimension, may himself exist in one of the other dimensions, that science itself is just beginning to hypothesize about. "There may be at least eleven other dimensions" . Michio Kaku

That's why I say science is doing more to prove there is a God. then to prove there isn't one.

Atheists are fine with me. Takes all types and all that. But anyone who says flat out, God dosen't exist or
mocks and ridicules others who believe. Dosen't have alot of experience debating the topic in my mind.
The truth, bottom line is nobody knows a damn thing either way.

Pointing out that religion and belief in God gets people killed is just a, "So what". Just about anything man does
is a reason for him to murder his brother. Been that way since Cain and Abel what else is new? But you don't want to try and understand that it was not meant to be so. That this is not the world God intended. But go on and blame everything that is really your fault, our fault on him. That ! is typical.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join