It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Evolutionist's

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

I can bet if you watched those video's sincerely you would no longer be an evolutionist.

I bet if you actually read anything about evolution you would no longer be a creationist

touche

Now remember, I may be an evolutionist. But I also do believe in God.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

reply to post by woodwardjnr

No amount of scientific or historic or archalogical or testimonial evidence will satisfy you.

Wow you took the words right out of my mouth! Wait your the guy I was going to say it to.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

No amount of scientific or historic or archalogical or testimonial evidence will satisfy you.

You know there is a God you just choose to deny his existence so you can live an immoral life style.

There you are wrong, if I had some scientific proof of God then I would believe the evidence, unfortunately no one has ever presented that evidence to me.

You are also wrong that I live an immoral life style. Though you are very judgemental, how very Christian.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted

Misconceptions about evolution and the nature of science

Misconceptions about evolution and religion,

Evolution is not science because it is not observable or testable.

This misconception encompasses two incorrect ideas: (1) that all science depends on controlled laboratory experiments, and (2) that evolution cannot be studied with such experiments.

First, many scientific investigations do not involve experiments or direct observation. Astronomers cannot hold stars in their hands and geologists cannot go back in time, but both scientists can learn a great deal about the universe through observation and comparison. In the same way, evolutionary biologists can test their ideas about the history of life on Earth by making observations in the real world.

Second, though we can't run an experiment that will tell us how the dinosaur lineage radiated, we can study many aspects of evolution with controlled experiments in a laboratory setting. In organisms with short generation times (e.g., bacteria or fruit flies),we can actually observe evolution in action over the course of an experiment. And in some cases, biologists have observed evolution occurring in the wild.

evolution
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16/9/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

reply to post by halfoldman

Let me guess it was the good old BBC? you know there nicknamed "british brain-washing corporation" for a reason?

Well halfoldman gave you an example of evidence and you simply dismissed it as lies and anti-creationist propaganda. It seems to me that you are not going to listen to anyone so whats the point in this thread?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by martiendejong

that was cute. wish he would've kept going. would've liked to see his take on the arrival of eve.
now i'm encouraged to see how all that is actually worded in the original hebrew!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

reply to post by wmd_2008

The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good. - Psalm 14:1

Quotes from the story book written by WHO yes MAN the real GOD!!!

In order for it to be a story book, wouldn't it have to be a fictional tale?

You are of course aware that there are more extant texts for the Bible than for any other book written in the history of mankind? That the Bible is more historically verifiable than any other text? Again, you really need to do your research before calling the Bible a story book and their by condemning yourself to Judgement in the process.
edit on 16-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Honestly, I'm trying to see this from your side because I believe in a God that can exist with our known universe, but you are making it really hard. The bible is more historically verifiable than any other text? That's such a preposterous claim, I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, anything that's written in the last 60 years is backed up by photographs, videos, artifacts, and living eyewitnesses, and is easily 1000x more verifiable than the Bible.

Actually, probably infinitely more verifiable than the bible, because the bible is unverifiable. There is just no way to verify events that happened thousands of years ago. Yes, the bible used locations that really did exist (some of them) but that's about as far as you can go with assessing its truths logically.

The more you speak the clearer it becomes that you are literally brainwashed by your faith. Faith is a great thing to have, but not at the cost of logic and rationality. You believe everything your religion has told you without question, but yet you require impossible proof for even simple scientific notions. Unfortunately it's people like you who give religious people a bad name. We all get classified as zealots because of stubborn, illogical people like you.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

people just let it go.
they have the evidence in front of them, its up to them to think about it rationally and logically.
untill then nothing you say will convince them because they are brainwashed by religion.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

After the countless time's ive been attacked and my faith has been scoffed at i will have my fun by saying Evil-lution instead of evolution without any shame.

In every thread I've seen you take part in, you're the antagonist. Trying to play the martyr, especially when you're in the majority, is flat out dishonest.

Of course the very nature of Evil-lution is evil since nearly all the great genocides were performed by secularist dictators of the modern world. What the catholic cult did in the Spanish inquisition never even came close to the amount of people killed by Hitler, Pol Pot and Stalin to name a few.

The key difference is secularist genocides you're referring to weren't committed in the name of evolution or atheism. Further, Hitler wasn't an atheist and his government was hardly secular -- he was a Christian and Germany was predominantly Catholic and Lutheran.

I very much care about evidence but so far the Evo-Heads haven't been able to provide one slice of observable evidence to demonstrate evolution taking place.
Because what you're asking for evidence of isn't evolution, it's your own little strawman version of evolution born out of ignorance of what evolution really is. Evolution is a change in allele frequency in a population over time. Ample observed examples of this have been provided in this thread, but you choose to ignore them because they don't fit in with your literalist interpretation of the Bible.

My belief does not budge because the ultimate truth does not change, it is infallible unlike your pseudo-science that changes every year and come's out with another article claiming to have proven evil-lution but when in reality you never even come close.

Because you arrived at your conclusion in lieu of the evidence. You've even stated in another thread that evolution can't exist because it's not explicitly mentioned in the Bible. The fact you think science is faulty because it changes just proved how little you understand the scientific method and the fact that you single out evolution from all other areas of scientific research, which are also changing on a regular basis as new information is gathered, shows how little you understand about science in general.

Evilution is a wild goose chase and one of the greatest lies of the 20th century.

Nineteenth century, but who's counting, right?

The devil will be proud at all the souls he's stolen due to people being duped by your faith based religion of evilution with Dawkins being the messiah you worship.

You're just flat out ignoring the fact that most of the people who accept the theory of evolution are also theists. This conflation of evolution with atheism is just ridiculous given that a majority of people in developed nations, with the exception of the United States and Turkey, accept evolution as scientific fact and the number of atheists in the world is a single digit percentage. You just can't accept evolution because your interpretation of your faith tells you not to, not because of any perceived lack of evidence.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
reply to post by iterationzero

In order for a dinosaur to become a bird, the forelimbs would need to become wings. This would need to be accomplished in very small steps, accomplished through mutations. (Leave aside the fact that the fossil record doesn't support this.) A front leg, changing into a birds wing, would become a bad leg long before it became a good wing. And of course, a bad leg would not make that animal more fit to survive, therefore, natural selection would preserve the species against such deformities

So you ignore the fact that animal like T Rex had very poor 'arms' and yet remaind successful. Actually fits your desription very nicely

Pages back something about frog sprouting wings. You do realise the are examples of tree frogs that glide, even snakes. Wings are not the only answer to flight.
edit on 16-9-2011 by colin42 because: frogs and snakes

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

people just let it go.
they have the evidence in front of them, its up to them to think about it rationally and logically.
untill then nothing you say will convince them because they are brainwashed by religion.

k follow along! this is what happens: a bunch of people who are smarter than the average bear, get together and say, "we have the knowledge (and knowledge is power), and we shall henceforth, set standards for this knowledge amongst the people, over which we exercise influence." the first time they do this, it is called "law", which forms the foundation for government, and socialized, civilized behavior.

eventually experts on "law" grow to notoreity, and they demand that everyone agree that their interpretation of the law is the only viable interpretation because they are just THAT smart (and righteous too!). and thus begins the advent of the "educated elite." these eventually become what we think of today as the religious elite. all knowable truth, comes from them and them only. their interpretation about truth is the best possible interpretation and always will be. that is, till one day a guy says, "Wait a minute! I think this part here is wrong!" and thus began the enlightenment of humankind.

skip ahead a few thousand years.

it's really specialized law now. whole chunks of history related to the former purveyors of truth have just been chucked out the window, regardless if they have any validity (a normal over reaction but clearly not a hallmark of using logic and reason). instead, all history has been rewritten, including the timeline for civilization. mind you, no science yet exists at this point, to determine if any of their conclusions are accurate, but that doesn't matter when you know everything
i know, ask me.
(making fun of myself)

armed with an unsupported stack of critical dogma against the ancient past, they set forth with the noble goal of figuring it all out without the benefit of archaeology or anything written by their own educated ancestors. (what can i say, kids think they know everything!). later, when they create the science of archaeology, lo' and behold they find out they were wrong about pretty much every critical point of ancient history however, that doesn't matter, because now they've got a new set of laws over which to be the new educated elite.. all knowable truth, comes from them and them only. their interpretation about truth is the best possible interpretation and always will be. that is, till one day a guy says, "Wait a minute! I think this part here is wrong!"

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Akasirus

Sorry but "unprove" is not even a real word. When your going to use English get back to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew

reply to post by MathiasAndrew

I can bet if you watched those video's sincerely you would no longer be an evolutionist.

I bet if you actually read anything about evolution you would no longer be a creationist

touche

Now remember, I may be an evolutionist. But I also do believe in God.

Cool, you believe in a personal God, but obviously not the one in the Bible.

And ive looked at evolution, studied it, researched it, grasped it's concepts, but it made absolutely no common sense to me. Watch the videos you will never defend evolution again.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

why cant theists be happy believing that someone or something created the universe
why do you need to have such a specific god.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Ok here's documented evidence for proof of God in video format:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
So creationism science is all in youtube videos....okay then since textbooks and such arent your flavor then ill find a youtube video in rebuttal of a ppsimmons video. Im assuming you are him OP since you have it posted in your sig, and ive seen alot of those videos and I wont give them any more views then needed.

The original video that asks the same question as the OP:

And the rebuttal video:

Apparently there's lots of people who disagree and there is a war between a few users both for and against evolution or creationism and its like an internet cage match between them all.
edit on 16-9-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration ive looked at evolution, studied it, researched it, grasped it's concepts
Post of the year

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

No scientific, provable evidence supporting the theory of evolution has emerged since Charles Darwin popularized it in 1859. I think you are the one's that should "let it go". It's about time Don't Cha Think?
edit on 16-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420
and I wont give them any more views then needed.

now THAT is bs. as in cow dung. the whole freakin' planet has not only bought, but read, studied, and been forced to take tests on, the viewpoint you espouse. and you're worried you might give some guy's video more attention than you think it deserves?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Obviously you not only deny evolution - even if it was god's creation.
You also dispute anybody's belief in god could be the belief in the right god - YOUR god.

And still you need ATS to confirm that you are not lonely? Or what is this trolling about?

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join