It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of the Aftermath

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hello all! I don't usually put much stock in dreams. I know that they are normally just my subconscious trying to work things out from my waking life. The thing is that the past few years I have been having dreams not of a big earth changing event but of the aftermath of such a big event.

Now mind you, I am not a "doomsayer". I am prepared for any big event but that is due to the fact that I've lived through a few hurricanes and know that it is wise to be prepared for ANYTHING.

That being said, my dreams of a big disaster's aftermath have been coming more and more frequently as the months pass. To be honest I really wish they would go away. I have quit watching any kind of disaster movies whatsoever because of it. For some reason last night's dream was so vivid it has really stuck with me all morning and I am hoping to exorcise it by getting it off my chest here.

It was the aftermath of a huge earthquake. The land was ripped apart in many places with huge cracks and big rises and dips in the land (in my town; the dreams are always from the perspective of my own town) and buildings looked like they had been tossed around like toys. A group of us were going from building to building searching for trapped survivors of which there were more than I would have expected. There were no emergency services workers about, no electricity, no phone service. People were scared but remarkably most were doing their best to try to help each other.

The sky was very dark (as usual in these dreams) but not from smoke or rainclouds. The temperature seemed actually cooler than normal but not cold. And although there were many deaths there were just as many survivors. As I was helping an elderly lady out of her crumbling house the earth began to rumble and I woke up.

I know- not very exciting, but the dream was so vivid that I can't get it out of my head. And it is just the latest in a whole long string of them. I don't live in a place known for earthquakes- last one I felt was over 30 years ago and I believe was caused by an air pocket from drilling collapsing so I don't think it counts.

Just wondering is anybody else here having an increasing number of these kind of dreams? I'm not an Elenin or Niburu fan so I don't think it's that, and I don't spend that much time reading "end of the world" threads. Is this happening to others like me around here?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Very interesting (and worrying) dream. I live in the UK, and what with the earthquake in Holland last week, dont discount anything happening anywhere, and hope for nothing but expect anything. Interesting times we live in. s+f pal.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I did not have any of this kind of dream but what I must tell you something very important related to it. If you fear these and it is reoccurring it means you have a fear you should face.

The very fact is that instead of not listening to disasters movies (putting your fear under the carpet), will only make it be more and more important and facing it will become harder and harder.

With that being said, we all have our fears and to face it one day or another we will have to. I wish you good luck on your path and will pray for you to send positivity in order to help you facing it

Thruthseek3r

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

The only real fear that I have is not being able to get my grown children to move back out of my house, and the dreams started before there was ever even talk about them moving back in. Not being sarcastic- that is my only waking life fear for real. Thanks for the support though!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
pretty weird, ive been having these kind of dreams for nearly 5 years now, the usual theme is my city in ruins being crushed by an army of treants or a giant monster like godzilla. i vividly remember my first true night terror at 7 was hiding under a ditch wile a vicious giant green monster hundreds of feet high is stomping around looking for me. one time i humored a tarot lady n asked her about the dreams n her reply was "im desperate for a total reboot of life and everything else". food for thought.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

When I was a little kid I had the same kind of dreams, but instead of Godzilla it was a giant H.R. Puffinstuff. That talking magic golden flute and Witchiepooh must've really freaked me out!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I am my wife have had the same dream of a future. Then I have had very vivid dreams since, highly detailed, but not local like yours, more of the big picture. I write these down and they are like pieces of puzzle fitting together.

Future, minus most people, those left walk and live as in the 1800's.

Seeing reddish second moon, big planet near ours etc. Interesting future if true.

top topics

join