It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World on verge of ‘mini ice age’ ? Geophysicist rejects global warming theory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There are a lot of flash frozen mammoths in Siberia to show us that extreme cold can happen very fast. I have observed that the past few years it seems that we are getting more cooling globally. This year, I only used my air conditioner for less than one week. I use to have to use it all summer. Tonight, temps are expected in the 40's and by Saturday, in the 30's, for overnight that is. And at night is when the real temperature is measured due to no solar radiation. And it's only September. The leaves on all the tress simply turned brown this year and fell off. The trees can sense abrupt temperature changes.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

There are a lot of flash frozen mammoths in Siberia to show us that extreme cold can happen very fast. I have observed that the past few years it seems that we are getting more cooling globally. This year, I only used my air conditioner for less than one week. I use to have to use it all summer. Tonight, temps are expected in the 40's and by Saturday, in the 30's, for overnight that is. And at night is when the real temperature is measured due to no solar radiation. And it's only September. The leaves on all the tress simply turned brown this year and fell off. The trees can sense abrupt temperature changes.

This is the scary part and why i think we should spend money on preparing for the coming ice age instead of this global warming hoax.
Even a full ice age that lasts for tens of thousands of years can be triggered in less than 20 years.

Based on previous interglacial we only have max 1000 years or so left in best case scenario. We better prepare before it is too late if it isn't already.
edit on 14-9-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
As anyone knows, when you turn the heat source off, it gets cold fast. How fast ? Like this.

Low solar activity causes cloud formation due to increased cosmic rays.

Increased oceanic cooling causes a flux in jet stream patterns, redirecting polar cold to lower latitudes.

Increased volcanic activity causes dust in the atmosphere to further block solar radiation from reaching the ground.

There is a tie in between low solar activity and increased volcanism, but it is still contested.

In ten years the earth could cool dramatically from today. Once the great cooling begins it will deepen with astounding speed.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

No i didn't miss that arrow

By that graph i just wanted to show that today's co2 levels aren't significantly higher than the last 400 000 years.
Man-made global warming says, that our modern industrial age is causing a high increase in co2 levels.
Where is the data to support this?
If it's true what they say, we should see major changes(never before was man so pollutant than now). Which we don't.
Even to say that the melting of the polar caps is caused by man-made GW, is just a bad argument to support their beliefs. The cause of this ice-cap-melting today and in the past history, isn't quite good understood and needs more study.
But they are working on it

But it's rather part of natural cycle, instead of our planes, trains and automobiles.

On volcanoes, i also think there are connections, but i didn't much look into that part.
Here's a graph i found on global temp and volcano activity

[
I just googled this chart, so can't tell you about it if this is good information or whoCliff Harris and Randy Mann are.(maybe other members have more info in this, i'm sure this graph is shown here on ats before)
edit on 14-9-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by juleol

No i didn't miss that arrow

By that graph i just wanted to show that today's co2 levels aren't significantly higher than the last 400 000 years.
Man-made global warming says, that our modern industrial age is causing a high increase in co2 levels.
Where is the data to support this?
If it's true what they say, we should see major changes(never before was man so pollutant than now). Which we don't.
Even to say that the melting of the polar caps is caused by man-made GW, is just a bad argument to support their beliefs. The cause of this ice-cap-melting today and in the past history, isn't quite good understood and needs more study.
But they are working on it

But it's rather part of natural cycle, instead of our planes, trains and automobiles.

Depends on what you define as significant i guess. But either way it is no pollutant and is instead food for trees and plants. I think it is pretty safe to say that we are responsible when co2 levels have been stable between 150ppm~ and 300ppm~ for last million or so years. Assuming that the ice core co2 data is accurate enough that is.

But like i said it does not mean anything since co2 is no pollutant and does not affect climate like the pro agw crowd claims.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

There are a lot of flash frozen mammoths in Siberia to show us that extreme cold can happen very fast.

I've checked into that issue before.
There is no real evidence found on the flash frozen mammoths.
I don't really believe in a 'day after tomorrow' scenario.

This year, I only used my air conditioner for less than one week. I use to have to use it all summer. Tonight, temps are expected in the 40's and by Saturday, in the 30's, for overnight that is. And at night is when the real temperature is measured due to no solar radiation. And it's only September.

My only 'live observations' are form the part of Europa where i live. Where winters are getting colder and longer and annually shorter but higher warm periods.
For the rest of the world i hoped you guys could tell me what your experiences are

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

There are a lot of flash frozen mammoths in Siberia to show us that extreme cold can happen very fast.

No there aren't. Most mammoth remains are bones only. A small handful of mammoths have been found in the permafrost which were 'mummified' by the peat bogs in which they fell and thus well preserved - similar to the so called 'bog people'. None were flash frozen.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

My main problems with that graph (and I've raised the points on a different forum before) are that a) there is no vertical scale b) there is no explanation as to where the data to determine temp was derived and c) the volcanic eruptions are arbitary, we have far more information on recent eruptions than ancient ones, and in any case it seems to show that more eruptions occur when it's getting warmer ......

Basicaly, I do not beleive it to be very accurate at all.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

My main problems with that graph (and I've raised the points on a different forum before) are that a) there is no vertical scale b) there is no explanation as to where the data to determine temp was derived and c) the volcanic eruptions are arbitary, we have far more information on recent eruptions than ancient ones, and in any case it seems to show that more eruptions occur when it's getting warmer ......

Basicaly, I do not beleive it to be very accurate at all.

You can still get quite a bit of data using ice cores, which is something that the pro AGW side uses as well.
Any big volcanic eruption will make a in-print and so will temperature and other changes in climate.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Great to collate this information together in graphical format. We do have this evidence of temperature changes in literature as well:

- Hot - Romans growing grapes in London
- Mini Ice Age - Read Celia Fiennes book - A vision of Britain from late 1600s where she talks about the UK - Thames area being six months under snow. Daniel Defoe gives similar accounts of treacherous weather in UK

So without a doubt [fact], the weather has fluctuated within the last few hundred years in the UK.

This is completely irrelevant of weather you believe/disbelieve global warming

For the record, my own feeling is that Greenland was probably named that - as at the time it was green

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I'm with you on the missing vertical scale and the fact that they use temperature terms like, cold , very cold, very warm,...
Like i said, I found it after a quick google search and didn't look to much into it. My fault.
I hoped other members could give some explanation or link to this study from where this data came.
But yes, after a closer look

The only interesting thing about it are the volcano eruptions on the timescale. But i imagine there are far more better graphs and data on this subject.

I will do some more research to get a better view on this subject.
Thanks for your input.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The funny thing is that the heating which -is-happening could lead to an ice-age.

If currents like the Gulf stream start to have issues...

Well lets just say we won't have to worry about Glacier retreat...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

It looks that way!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I would like to think I have a very open mind. Global Warming might not be exactly what we had been lead to believe and therefore the term Climate Change came about. But to think that humans do not have an impact globally on our weather and climate is both naive and narrow minded.

This said here is something to think about, if by our actions we “have” artificially created a warmer climate by pollution and CO2 emissions and the sun is actually decreasing in intensity (Which I will look over your data).
Then we could be in a world of hurt if we eliminate or reduce this substantially and could cause the mini-iceage even faster!

Now sunspot activity is actually going nuts right now (which reminds me I need to do some photographing later I likes to photo the sun!)
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

I've always found it strange that greenland was called that and iceland called that even though they are relatively close to each other. I guess discoverers 'namers' found them at different times and therefore they were seasonal or there was a change in the weather. Personally I'm doing what I can to cut down on my own man made C02 just in case - had a harsh winter last year with really bad central heating, and so have got a brand new boiler and woodburner installed along with a deliver this morning of a ton of wood - all neatly stacked and seasoning - I'm going for the belt and braces approach - do what I can to eliminate any man made, but preparing for what the planet has in store for us. By the way I was born in 1962 in UK which was one of the coldest
winters in living memory = perhaps that is my residual memory and the reason for my preparedness!
A
Although i am worried about the people in places like Bangladesh (not represented on this forum as a rule) who are continually suffering the most appalling floods and are expected to do so again this year. I'd really like to know what their historical/recollective story is and how they see things panning out in the future = although I think that for a lot of these people survival day to day is foremost in their thoughts,

edit on 14-9-2011 by britchik because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by britchik

if I remember correclty eric the red was trying to fool people when he named them.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
MFW conservatives are now linking an article about a Mexican Geophysicist ... Conservatives so funny.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
You know I see a trend. Scientists say a new ice age is coming, then they say global warming, then they go back to thinking global cooling will occur.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Why do people use the term "global warming" when trying to prove a point? It's called climate change.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

You have our full support, please keep up the good work

www.americanchronicle.com...

'The Truth Is Out There'

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join