It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICA TODAY: Heartbreaking Pictures From New Jersey's Homeless 'Tent City'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by MidnightTide

And to think before NATO forces fired "humanitarian" bombs over Libya.......none of this homelessness etc ever happened in Libya!

It didn't? I am pretty sure they are having a worse time then we are, and now even worse because we gotta stick our greasy hands in their pot...but I am pretty sure there are a lot of homeless over there since it is third world, and also what concern is it of ours even if there are? If that was the reason for the war we should be in Ethiopia where kids are starving to death. No we're there because one thing O-I-L...don't kid yourself that we are being humanitarian, because there are other governments far worse than Libya in Africa and they are really being inhumanely treated by their leaders!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
It sucks, I live 10 mins from this camp, and the township is giving them such a hard time...it's horrible.
Here we have these poor people, trying to eek out an existence with what they can find, and people are giving them crap about it.
I might go over there with people on thanksgiving and give them a meal.
Perhaps spend that weekend there as well, helping how I can.

We certainly do live in a world of sh*t.

I applaud you, Alexander, that is a kind thing to do, if I knew of one of those tent cities near me, I'd do the same thing. Maybe if I go to the campsite and hand out food, I think down here most of the "Tent cities" are in the camp sites, since it is like 5 dollars a night for staying on their land and that's not real expensive and the government doesn't mess with you if you're on "state" land and you're paying.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

The Libyans certainly are now that we are bringing our bomb based democracy to that nation.

But historically Libya as a nation provided all of their citizens with homes and healthcare.
Which we in the US do not even receive.

The Libyans were considerably more fair about the distribution of the Nation's wealth than even we are here in the USA.

Go to the Unicef Web Site and look at the statistics ....

For example:

Life Expectancy Statistics:

Afghanistan 44 years

Germany 80 Years

Iraq 68 years

Libya 74 years

Mexico 76 years

USA 79 years

www.unicef.org...
edit on 11-9-2011 by nh_ee because: typos and weird editor anomalies

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
I do not blame any government.

lol sorry I can't take you seriously.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

It's all the more sickening when you have twats like this in the world -

'I'm spending £1m on a crystal bath but it's worth it': Billionaire's daughter Tamara Ecclestone lifts the lid on her extravagant lifestyle in revealing interview

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

I hope you do take some time to go over there and visit. If you do... could you let them know that a family in Sydney, Australia read their story and said; They are amazing in their efforts to help each other. Although they have little, their spirit of humanity is priceless... they could teach many people a thing or two about what's real and important in life. Bless em !

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I would bet nearly 100% of those people are not homeless because of "the man" or because some guy started a business and made a million dollars. It's tragic but c'mon.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
good post op! made me make an ats account :p

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join