It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and UFO's...seems to be replacing religous feelings for some

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hi ATS this is my first thread so go easy on me please!?

I have lurked for some time and have noticed something that I cannot deny. A good share of the ET/UFO enthusiasts unknowingly argue and debate it like it is a religion for them.

Who knows what is actually happening with sightings in our limited dimensional perspective, I am not hear to affirm nor deny.

I am just stating an observation and it seems obvious to me that a lot of people have replaced or originated ET as a religion in an unconscious manner. They believe that this "higher power" may save mankind, is more understanding and empathetic than mankind. They believe ET has evolved past the lower self. They believe all spiritual and religious feelings and belief can be traced back too ET interaction with ancient man/woman. They even believe where God in the bible states "We have made man in our image" translates to another species making us in a lab, instead of the translation if God being spirit and is both man and woman, and may be referring to making man and woman from the dual aspects of the deity.

Be gentle with me.

edit on 10-9-2011 by SeleneLux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SeleneLux

Relegion is many things:
-The cause of endless bloodshed, violence, hate, and discrimination.

but extraterrestrial life being some kind of relegion is not one of them

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Neither were religion in there first few hundred or so years.

Give it time...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ancient Aliens = Scientology

Xenu
en.wikipedia.org...

Xenu (play /ˈziːnuː/ zee-noo),[1][2][3] also spelled Xemu, was, according to the founder of Scientology and science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, the dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy" who, 75 million years ago, brought billions[4][5] of his people to Earth in a DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes and killed them using hydrogen bombs. Official Scientology dogma holds that the essences of these many people remained, and that they form around people in modern times, causing them spiritual harm.[1][6]

These events are known within Scientology as "Incident II",[7] and the traumatic memories associated with them as The Wall of Fire or the R6 implant. The narrative of Xenu is part of Scientologist teachings about extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in earthly events, collectively described as space opera by Hubbard. Hubbard detailed the story in Operating Thetan level III (OT III) in 1967, warning that the R6 "implant" (past trauma)[8] was "calculated to kill (by pneumonia etc) anyone who attempts to solve it".[8][9][10]

Within the Church of Scientology, the Xenu story is part of the church's secret "Advanced Technology",[7] considered a sacred and esoteric teaching,[11] and normally only revealed to members who have already contributed large amounts of money.[12] The church avoids mention of Xenu in public statements and has gone to considerable effort to maintain the story's confidentiality, including legal action on the grounds of both copyright and trade secrecy.[13] Officials of the Church of Scientology widely deny or try to hide the Xenu story.[14][15] Despite this, much material on Xenu has leaked to the public via court documents, copies of Hubbard's notes, and the Internet.[14]

In commentary on the impact of the Xenu text, academic scholars have discussed and analyzed the writings by Hubbard and their place within Scientology within the contexts of science fiction,[16] UFO religions,[17] gnosticism[18][19] and creation myth.[20]

Also many have latched onto the series of TV shows

Ancient Aliens
en.wikipedia.org...

Ancient Aliens is an American television series that premiered on April 20, 2010 on the History channel.[1] Produced by Prometheus Entertainment, the program presents theories of ancient astronauts and proposes that historical texts, archaeology and legends contain evidence of past human-extraterrestrial contact.[2][3] The show has been criticized for presenting disputed pseudoscience.

Other great works from the minds of Ancient Aliens and Prometheus Entertainment
Prometheus Entertainment
en.wikipedia.org...

Ancient Aliens, 2010
Bridget's Sexiest Beaches
Food Paradise
High Maintenance 90210
Holly's World
Hollywood Science, 2006
Kendra, 2009
Monsterama, 2004
Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed, 2007
The Girls Next Door

LoL are you kidding me?
edit on 10-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Wow great points you made.

Scientology is the perfect example of what direction it can go in with just a few decades.

I can just see it, four hundred years from now the new dark ages. The new inquisitions...converting Christians to someknew twisted science fiction/fact belief via torture and death.

"Kill them all and let Xenu sort them out.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeleneLux

Wow great points you made.

Scientology if the perfect example of what direction it can go in with just a few decades.

I can just see it, four hundred years from now the new dark ages. The knew inquisitions...converting Christians to some knew twisted science fiction/fact belief via torture and death.

"Kill them all and let Xenu sort them out."

Look up his connections to Jack Parsons (JPL NASA) through the Ordo Templi Orientis

Also Aleister Crowley and his drawing of Iwass of Lam (Alien grey....)

Glad you pointed this out. Expect to get flamed and called a Christian

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Couldn't disagree more , belief in Aliens either visiting Earth or not is for some an interest and for others a passion but not in any way a religion .
For people with a belief in the Bible and the existence of their God the subject does have a religious undertone but that's due to their need to fit Aliens in with their religions view of the world .

Just because someone is passionate about something like this subject doesn't mean they are looking for something to worship .

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Thanks I will look those up.

LOL about getting called a Christian...they may kill me for it.

Off topic, I noticed in your quote I had spelled "new" "knew" I fixed it, I wanted to mention it because its embarrassing. :shk:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

My understanding is that it's a stair stepping process. Some people would be ready to accept the concept of Aliens that are biological like them, just more advanced and could successfully integrate this into their world view without much trauma. This would be a step up from the relative simplistic teachings of the religion to the masses.

However this, just like our current level of awareness, would simply be another more complex metaphor for the more fundamental understanding... which is that both the aliens and humans are physical manifestations of spiritual consciousness. That... would be just another level of awareness providing a clearer but still distorted metaphor for the next underlying truth which would be that all of those spiritual beings are fundamentally no more "individual" than your fingers are individual and that all is just one Being. Which is then yet another metaphor for the fundamental underlying truth that it is "Nothing" which is "Being" by visualizing "Everything"... and thus we aren't actually anything at all.

You can see why the awareness and understanding would need to grow stair step wise. Some able to take steps faster, some wanting to explore the details of each step for much longer. Neither would be more right or wrong, but someone still wanting/needing to focus on all the possibilities of "being human" can't be distracted by cosmic biology, which can't be distracted by infinite levels of spiritual "beingness", which can't be distracted by being One Thing, which can't be distracted by being No Thing.

Namaste!
edit on 10-9-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

False. The AAH states that we were Visited by Aliens in the past and that they sped up our Evolution ant Technology etc. Scientology is way different. Get out of here with that.

link   

Originally posted by gortex

Just because someone is passionate about something like this subject doesn't mean they are looking for something to worship .

You may not, but a lot of people react and act like it is a religion.

Xenu, Zenu, nor even Zkkknacy is not going to land here and save us from ourselves.

They may land here and find us tasty when made crispy and discover we go great with ketchup!

link   
I grew up in church, and loved it...Ate it up.
It was there for me, when I had nothing. Sometimes I even think about going back to church, if only for the fellowship and support.

However, the experiences I had with UFO's and ET's was causing me distress in church...nothing they were saying was jiving with the experiences I was having in my actual life. I had so many questions!
I even sat with my minister and he admitted he had similar experiences and was indeed asking the same questions. (side note) he left the church within six months, and started a more spiritual based ministry rather than a bible based. He seems happier too!

Anyway the old ladies said I was having a crisis of faith...asking so many questions. I should just have faith and pray.
I am a smart girl tho....and I am not going to just be a sheeple and forget I have a brain!
Basically I "came up with" the idea that the God of the bible and angels and UFO's and aliens were the same thing. Based on their level of understanding at the time...I believe this is naturally how this phenomenon came to be explained.
I look at my Egyptian culture class at the works of Nefertiti and Akhenaten and I think...gosh they sure look like aliens!
So many things point to the sky and the assistance we received from the gods that had the power of flight.
Well lo and behold...turns out I didn't "discover" this on my own after a summer of thought. there is a whole group of people who feel the exact same way I do! I do say Erich von Däniken beat me to the punch by almost 50 years lol
That is how I came to leave organized religion behind...and adopt a broader look on life and spiritualism.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

I fully agree with that.

I stepped on that step with the alien thing back in the 80's. I now think closer to the infinite.

Namaste

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Ancient Alien Theory, unlike Scientology, is NOT a religion. It is a theory to explain human origin and human history.

All ideologies of human origins ARE theories, since there is no way we can get into a time machine and watch it unfold again (not yet, anyways).

Scientology takes the Ancient Alien theory and hi-jacks it into a religion, a practice of rituals and deities to pray to.

Unlike AAT

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This is a quite astute observation, one that needs a great deal of attention.
But the topic has been discussed before. To anyone seriously interested in this phenonomea of psychological transferance from one "target" to another, I suggest a study of "cargo cults."

This unformal name was given to a human compulsion to worship the "hand that feeds." It was widely recognized during and after WWII when military forces would enter an unsophisticated area or island, lavish food, goods and supplies on the local population and then abruptly leave within a relatively short period, cutting off the goodies. The locals responded in several ways to "will" the return of what they had enjoyed. These methods included beach fires (beacons), models of aircraft, and social gatherings.

The recent spate of intrest in "ascention" by UFO motherships is a direct transference of alliance from a typical Christian god to something more readily envisioned by actual evidence in the form of alien rescurers.

This whole phenomea is to be expected. The groundwork has been laid for a couple of generations the world over. It was/is necessary. And one can rightly assume that it was the design of the plan from the start. It is probably the greatest social engineer plan every pulled upon the human race. It was a guiding force to civilize humanity across its early development and now it is metamorphizing into its fail-safe but not inevitable conclusion that was always there to be accessed if humans stumbled badly. ...And we have failed badly on several fronts. So them come....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I somewhat believe in the whole "aliens are angels and gods" theory...I have always pondered the whole idea of "god" and after seeing some things out of ancient aliens, it makes the most sense to me in my mind that what people from our past witnessed were et's and they think they were gods...I was an atheist for the last few years and I supposed I still am since I don't believe in a god, but that what makes sense to me..

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sadly yes, you are correct.

One look at the amount of time wasted on 'channeling', 'pliedians', 'Nordics', 'Reptilians' etc etc and you can see some people have swallowed the UFO mythos as a replacement for religion in their lives.

IMHO we need a new forum of 'UFO Lore Role Play' where this stuff can be put into quarantine.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It is a religion for them.

Think about it. What does a religion do? It gives people somthing to believe in, even if there is no proof. So in essence, you must use faith. Thats what the "alien" lobby here are all about.

People will pipe in with "believeing in alien doesnt kill people, religion does", but of course that is hogwash. Religion doesnt kill people, it is simply a tool that those in power use to make people do their bidding. If i honestly believed in my heart that by strapping a bomb to my chest and blowing up innocent at a market i would have a special place in heaven, i just might do it.

The alien folk have no proof whatsoever of their claims, and time after time UFO sighting after UFO sighting have been debunked. They are without hope and cling desperately to the dream of aliens someday saving us from ourselves.

If we are going to find salvation, it will be within. It will not come from the stars.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
It is a religion for them.

Think about it. What does a religion do? It gives people somthing to believe in, even if there is no proof. So in essence, you must use faith. Thats what the "alien" lobby here are all about.

People will pipe in with "believeing in alien doesnt kill people, religion does", but of course that is hogwash. Religion doesnt kill people, it is simply a tool that those in power use to make people do their bidding. If i honestly believed in my heart that by strapping a bomb to my chest and blowing up innocent at a market i would have a special place in heaven, i just might do it.

The alien folk have no proof whatsoever of their claims, and time after time UFO sighting after UFO sighting have been debunked. They are without hope and cling desperately to the dream of aliens someday saving us from ourselves.

If we are going to find salvation, it will be within. It will not come from the stars.

No.

Religions contain scripture to quote, rituals to perform, and meetings of other who take on the same beleif system.

AAT does NOT.

It's like saying that because you believe that the earth is not flat, than you and everyone else who believes in that are in a 'round-earth' religion.

And, by the way, YOU DO come from the stars.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Religion does not need to be that way.

Some of those here on ATS cling so tightly to their beliefs it could be directly compared to religious fervor. There is no evidence whatsoever, yet their faith is unshakable.

I suggest that those so obsessed are no different that those obsessed with god. They cling desperately to the hope of aliens one day coming to earth to sort things all out for us. And woe be to the person who suggests they may not come in peace!

<<   2 >>

join