It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud mysterious series of explosions in Kansas City,Mo at 9pm.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I did an investigation and at first I thought it was gun shots after listening to a web site radio scanner. I called the police department to find out the gun shots happened in a different county all together.
This is a similair story to what I experienced.
Similiar Incident
Basically I was sitting there at my computer and a loud BOOM sounded and my apartment shook. This went on and off for 10-15 minutes. I am interested all possible theories here. It was not fireworks or a car backfiring. It sounded like explosions. This has happened before and I was awakened at 3 am at night. Next time it happens I will grab my video camera.
Kansas City,Mo has had a 10 year history of these rumblings but they seem to be getting worse. Are they building unground shelters because they expect something bad to happen in 2012 or is this just more of the weird earth noises a lot of people have been experiencing?
edit on 8-9-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
theres a whole slew of suspicious events taking place nationwide.

ie, mass power outages, nyc/dc homeland self-terror threats, fema underground/camps being prepared, haarp & bluebeam installations, oh and its said the while internet may be shut down to prevent access to whats going on (!)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
multiple sonic booms of military aircraft heading somewhere in a great hurry maybe?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
ha thats insane.

here in NY around 4:30pm i started to hear things in the sky, almost like gun shots.I then thought it was thunder since the weather was changng from REALLY SUNNY to cloudy and about to rain.

then 10 mins pass and i hear it again! i then said " WTH WAS THAT A GUN SHOT" and my buddy next to me said " nah i didnt hear anythng"

it was odd cause the sounds cme more from the sky then land

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I know Kansas City is perfect of underground bunkers due to the limestone caves. It is like more things are happen without any explainations.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i know youve already discounted fireworks, but out here the kids will often....you know, combine firecrackers to make m80's.

sometimes they make real big ones, and they sound very explosive.

my point is, we had a burn ban from the drought this year so almost everybody still has their fireworks. and i know as soon as the ban is lifted i will be hearing series of explosions for the next month or so.

dont know if thats the case in your area...probably not. if your local public safety nets are not mentioning it then the next usual suspect is military.

if you had a real scanner you'd be able to cover a much wider range of "chatter". the hams and CBers are probably talking about it right now

....i know none of this helps much.

...sorry im useless tonight...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
No I remember from the 4th of July what fireworks sound like and this is not fireworks. Kansas CIty has had explosions both or known orgin and unknown. It makes me feel uneasy that if it were gun shots they would keep that information from the public or lie. It sounded more like a boom than a bang it is so hard to explain. If you read that link you will understand what I mean.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Did it sound like any of these?

Link.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I've been told these are much larger than they might first seem by people who worked down there. I used to go in to a couple places in different parts of the K.C. Metro area when I was driving a truck and they are huge. I could never get a straight answer about whether the very different underground locations connected.

SubTropolis - Kansas City

If it seemed underground, perhaps they are working or expanding? I've read this is still an operational mine in some areas.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

It sounded like the Colorado sounds in the first video but further away and not as loud. It did not sound much like the other videos but I am wondering if explosions sound different underground and when it reaches above ground?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

To me the tone in all of the videos is the same.

I'm convinced someone is building something underground in many places in America.

/end tin foil hat.

edit on 8-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh yes I know about this area. I wonder if they are building something similair up near the KCI airport that is where I would put the sounds at. One night my dad and I were sitting on the porch and the whole porch shook and there were moderate explosions. We saw nothing and my dad was scared even. I can't tell you how many times I have seen my dad scared;(because honestly is very rare.); but it was only when these msyterious explsions happened. My dad was a police officer after all. One night when it happened he even got in his car and drove towards the noise but never found the source.

edit on 8-9-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I remember something like this happening in Belgium once.
Out of nowhere there was a terribly loud bang outside, and apperently people from another.. village i guess said they actualy had windows shaking from it. So you could hear it over at least 15-20 km.
No one ever figured out what it was, nothing on the news either.
We didn't think much of it since we are fairly close to the hardbor (8km orso) so something could have happened there.
But the village where the sound actually ade windows shake is roughly 28km away from it.

No clue if it's in any way related, but it's the first time me, or even my parents heared something like that.
It also was 1 bang and nothing more.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm in south west VA, ,,, the past couple days I have been hearing loud Hums, that is the only way I can explain it. Sounded like air craft flying over head, non stop at some times. yet on the aviation radar, it showed no air craft over my location at the times I heard the hum. I am on the 37 latitude line, if that matters. I felt my floor shake yesterday for a bit, yet no quakes detected. That was shortly after I heard the noise that appeared to be coming from the sky (above all the cloud coverage).

At one point today, I heard a "boom" sound. I live close to a rock quary - I thought they may have used some kind of explosives today.

Just throwing information out there. Seems there are lots of strange things going on today, and as of late.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I don't know if this has anything to do with your booms, But here's what happened to me the day of 9-11. It was later in the day and things had kinda quieted down. I was standing in my kitchen talking on the phone and this huge boom went off. I screamed crazy, It happened again within a couple of seconds. On the other end of the phone I could here someone screaming also. The gentleman with whom I was talking to started to yell. "Everybody calm down, Its (he rattled off some name of a airplane." Come to find out it was sonic booms from fighter jets fly over on there way to Chicago. We never saw them, just heard that very scary loud Boom noise.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

If they are making bunkers in limestone you can
bet you will hear and feel explosions.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

Why don't I hear these explosions more often? I Hear them every month to 6 months or so?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Nearby underground nukes maybe? Though I strongly doubt this, I guess it's within the realm of possibility -- Dept. of Energy has been doing these at Groom Lake for quite some time from what I've heard but the likelihood of it being done near a major metropolitan area like Kansas City is near zero.

So I'd say your main offender is either seismic activity of some kind or super sonic military aircraft. Check with your state's geologic survey to see if they've reported anything. If its big enough, you may even be able to find it on the USGS site. I don't expect you'll be able to nail anything from the air force, though.

Check out similar story in Georgia, where residents in 3 counties reported mysterious booms.
Douglasville Booms

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Do you live in an area near where limestone is being actively mined in the twelve-foot-thick limestone layer which lies under most of the metro? Remember that Kansas City has as much acreage underground as above ground. I know - I grew up there.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

This may be a possiblity but what are they mining for and why only do it at odd times of night. This happens between 9 pm -3 am. It happened twice this month so far. It usually happens once every 6 months to a year. I am going to look into that possiblity.
I did notice that there is an undground shelter being built in Kansas City,Ks which is not far from area. The sounds sound like it comes from the west or northwest.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join