It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Music" Pain Makes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
(I didn't really know what forum to place this in, so, Mods, please feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum.)

I just got done reading this gut wrenching article about UK soldiers torturing civilians so that their screams sounded like a "choir". Some of the tortured eventually died. One of the dead men had 93 injuries prior to his death.

From article:

One British soldier, Corporal Donald Payne, boasted to colleagues of conducting a "choir" by beating Mousa and other prisoners so that they cried out in sequence, the inquiry heard.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This article reminded me of the "Love Rollercoaster" song and the woman's scream that was accidently recorded as she is being murdered.
Here is a YouTube video about the supposed urban legend:

One of the comments below the video states this:

Well, everyone here is wrong. Yes, there IS a scream in the recording. But that scream was an effect used to recreate the feel of being on a rollercoaster; in fact, it's not a woman at all but keyboardist William "Billy" Beck. There's a fire alarm sound on their previous hit, "Fire," but that doesn't mean there was actually a fire in the studio, does it? Please people, stop being sheep and actually live in reality.

Snopes says that the account of the woman being murdered is not true.
www.snopes.com...

Here's a whole slew of links regarding this song and the scream from AskJeeves:
uk.ask.com...

Well, I don't know if the story behind the "Love Rollercoaster" scream is fact or fiction, but it doesn't seem too far fetched that a person is killed once they threaten to sue. Especially since the murder was in a recording studio, whose to say that the scream wasn't an accidental recording and is related to a murder? If the scream was missed during the editing, who's really going to admit that it's a woman being murdered?

Well, I don't want to turn this into an urban legend thread. The fact of the matter is that men died while being tortured and the troops who killed them were twisted enough to try to "create" music with their screams.

Between the real life article and the supposed urban legend, what has happened to us as humans? Mankind, or rather man-unkind, is the only species who would even think to make horrific screams into music or find anything about a cry/scream to be melodious.

This article and the accounts I've referenced make me ashamed to be a human being. I hope that the soldiers who were involved with the tortures and deaths are brought to justice. Will they hear music in their own screams?

I also hope that the story behind "Love Rollercoaster" actually is an urban legend, but this is one mystery that will probably remain as such.

Dolphins and whales make such beautiful music with their songs. It's no wonder that our "intelligent" sonar technologies make them beach themselves.

Humans need to stop devolving and learn what true harmony is all about.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

The sickening things humans do.
It will all be over soon.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I hope you're right.
Some people are so twisted and have lost their way. These warped humans are so consumed with satisfying their animalistic/base needs, but not the ones that nature intended.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

the mouse-organ comes to mind....

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

What happened? You people need to stop making it out like its the entire humanity's fault when a bunch of bored soldiers do what they're trained to do.

What happened? they sent armies into a war because they were bored...thats what...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Humans in general and bad people.
Not all of them though.
I say humans, because you don't see that kind of behavior in an intelligent life besides humans.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Don't let stuff like this destroy your faith in the goodness of humanity. You say humans in general are bad people. Let me suggest instead that bad people in general get the most attention.

Picture this on the 6 o'clock news: "A young man takes in his sick brother whose health just cost him his job, caring for him until he's well enough to get back on his feet." You don't see that, do you? It's not because it doesn't happen. It's because it doesn't get ratings.

If you could tap into peoples' everyday lives, I bet you'd see much more good than bad.

new topics

top topics

join