It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else watching the Rep. debate right now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Romney - "We gotta have a fence!" LOL.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by changetheworld

Yes it is - and did you notice how after Newt repudiated them for their splitting tactics, they quit asking him anything? I don't much care for him, but that seems rather obvious too.

I am also having a very hard time looking at Michelle Bachman's hair. I really don't like hairspray or bumpits.
Romney also has on a ton of hairspray.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greenWeenie

reply to post by mishigas

He just bitch slapped the mods.

No he didn't. They asked Newt what his answer was to Obamacare. He went off on a diatribe about not arguing with the other candidates (what is the point of a DEBATE then?????) and got the biggest applause of the night for saying absolutely NOTHING.

Oh yeah, he slapped 'em down good. But you don't like Newt, that's OK.

The point of a debate isn't to see who gets the last or best insult or put-down. It's not a boxing match, it's a way for people to discover each candidates view on the ISSUES and help them make a choice in the primaries.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Well supposedly it is about the issues, but I think in reality it's their personalities under pressure that is really examined. 30 second answers isn't enough time to learn much of anything about issues.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I liked Pauls answer on immigration. Totally different than all the rest. Get to the root of the problem, don't put a baid-aid on it.

Paul - "Sure we can have a barbed wire fence with machine guns around it, that'll fix it!"
(not exact quote but it was a similar sarcastic comment he made)
edit on 7-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Paul "Careful about building a fence. Even though the fence is supposed to keep people out, in times of turmoil, that fence can also keep you from leaving."

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

it's a way for people to discover each candidates view on the ISSUES

Right. And "Newt" dodged a big issue brilliantly, by trying to make it sound like the candidates should have an orgy instead of talk about anything.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Paul "Careful about building a fence. Even though the fence is supposed to keep people out, in times of turmoil, that fence can also keep you from leaving."

That was a GREAT quote but I don't think Americans connect with that type of mentality.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

That's because most of them are fools that think that govt can solve any and all problems and that the US govt is somehow very different from other governments in that they would never, ever do anything BAD.

But my household understands it really well.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by changetheworld
They show so much respect for the others and give them PLENTY of extra time... yet cut off Ron constantly. He's the only one to be buzzed off, so far.

I Also hate to sound like I'm constantly defending Paul or on that bandwagon but it's getting hard to watch.
edit on 7-9-2011 by changetheworld because: (no reason given)

The media is picking the front runner for the American People, how is Perry and Romney "Front Runners" anyways Perry pretty much came out of nowhere recently and all the sudden he's a "Front Runner". From all the various online polls that I've seen Romney is almost always down at the bottom and in 95% of the online polls i've seen Ron Paul is way ahead of the competition yet they totally shun him, he is the "Front Runner" yet the media doesn't want him to be elected so they will jump on sombody else's bandwagon. Sad that not too many people see just how bad the media is manipulating "Everything" with regards to politics they choose who we vote for. Makes me sick.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Perry - "Keynesian economics is finished and done"....

I wonder who he got that from???

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

I think after the Palin awakening people are more distrusting of the msm and they now look to other outlets for information.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greenWeenie

it's a way for people to discover each candidates view on the ISSUES

Right. And "Newt" dodged a big issue brilliantly, by trying to make it sound like the candidates should have an orgy instead of talk about anything.

So what? Why tell me about it? You've got issues with Gingrich, take them up with him.

And just what do you think he would say about Obamacare anyway? Something you haven't heard already?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I get really tired of the Ronald Reagan worship.

I'll invoke the name of Reagan and I'll win the nomination! Is that what they think?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Alright this has got effin ridiculous. How many questions do Perry and Romney get???? It's laughable now.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I can't believe they just asked Ron Paul a question on school lunch, knowing that he is obviously against federal mandate forcing children to eat certain types of foods but he saved it really well.

But seriously? that question was textbook baiting.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well, as expected that debate was a disappointment. It was nothing but a huge Romney/Perry fest. Gee, I wonder what the MSM was trying to do there?

All the other candidates got like 4 questions. The questions Paul got were not about the real issues (well the immigration one was good), he was the only candidate that was buzzed, and they shafted him on time. Pfft

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well, the debate ended a bit faster than the others have. I still think it was better mannered, host wise, compared to the other debates.

In my opinion, they didnt give Paul or Santorum enough time compared to the other candidates. Cain didnt get as much as the other candidates either, but I think he got more than Paul and Santorum.

In the end, I dont really think there was a clear winner in this one. It seems about everyone finished somewhat even.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I can't believe they just asked Ron Paul a question on school lunch, knowing that he is obviously against federal mandate forcing children to eat certain types of foods but he saved it really well.

But seriously? that question was textbook baiting.

Yeah that was a BS question, but he had a great answer to that particular question and he also got the last question in the debate so hopefully that will sit well with people that aren't sure of who to vote, I loved the reaction of the crowd when he gave his answer was close to a standing ovation. Also I've never been a huge fan of Newt but I really liked how he kinda stuck it too the mods.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
My list from the first break stands..

It was obvious that the two hand picked front runners Romney / Perry got most of the airtime, but they failed to capitalize on their advantage...

Cain ... still hits home with my personal opinion.. (when he got a chance to speak)

Huntsman.. really improved and I did like most of what he said (when he got a chance to speak)

Paul.... he flew the coop on the fences and guns turned against the citizens, but made a great comeback with his final words on eliminating the welfare state... (when he got a chance to speak)

Gingrich... The "Fire Bernanke tomorrow", and the stolen "audit the FED" went over well.. he has no chance for me since he was part of the establishment that was key to creating what we are dealing with today...

Perry... Handled the death penalty bait question well.. though I don't see this Bilderberg attendee as someone I would ever vote for

Bachmann.... She acts like she's already secured the nomination.. every question was turned into an attack on Obama.. no chance for her...

Romney.... Still reminds me of Max Headroom.. he's pure rhetoric.. nothing new here...

Santorum... He should give up the ghost..

IMO of course

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join