It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado School Comes Under Fire for Hanging Saudi Flag Higher Than American Flag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen

Its exactly the same thing with tatoos, ever wonder why bars exclude people with shown tatoos.

This last statement, though likely thrown in as an unimportant analogy, actually serves to highlight a very important point... It seems that you don't understand America and are applying ideals of your country, to this one. Swing and a miss....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I said look not compare..........if you cant understand what Im typing or take the time fully digest the meanings of my words please dont reply to me.

Why the insult? You could have made your point without ignorantly (uninformed of my capability to understand your great writings) insulting me.

Not all countries as you say DO this, where I live flags are only flown on government buildings but not schools.

Public schools, such as this one, in America are government buildings.

Flags are placed up by people to mark territories, nothing more. If that flag could pay my bills or my rent sure I would give it a hell of alot more respect but at the end the day its a symbol and symbols divide people.

Symbols, be it religious or other should be hidden, they are nothing more than personal belifs and parading them around does nothing but entice hatred. Im all for people owning them but they should never be on public display.

I thought you said: "Its a symbol to bring people together for a common goal."

Its exactly the same thing with tatoos, ever wonder why bars exclude people with shown tatoos.

Bars in America don't exclude people with tattoos - regardless of their "classiness". That is illegal in America.
edit on 5/9/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia defeated us on 9-11.

They booted our military out of their country. Successfully attacked NYC. Got their Victory Mosque.

They stopped their talk of not accepting US dollars for oil after the CIA put Obama in charge...

Maybe the Saudi flag should fly higher.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbob
So keep your flag in YOUR OWN COUNTRY (that you stole from the natives long ago).

Stop putting your flag in Iraq, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Libya, etc etc

Fine by me!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

This is disgraceful and disgusting, makes me wonder what our flag is worth anymore. I believe this is against federal law too, searching for more info on that....

So is the following, yet seldom hear complaints about how flag symbol is disrespected.

If you patriotically bought American flag-patterned napkins for your barbecue this July Fourth, consider this: They violate the United States Flag Code. So does your flag beach towel, duvet cover and most Little League uniforms sporting the nation’s red, white and blue banner.

www.nj.com...

Be back in a little while, got to go fly my made in China American flag.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

I said look not compare..........if you cant understand what Im typing or take the time fully digest the meanings of my words please dont reply to me.

Why the insult? You could have made your point without ignorantly (uninformed of my capability to understand your great writings) insulting me.

Not all countries as you say DO this, where I live flags are only flown on government buildings but not schools.

Public schools, such as this one, in America are government buildings.

Flags are placed up by people to mark territories, nothing more. If that flag could pay my bills or my rent sure I would give it a hell of alot more respect but at the end the day its a symbol and symbols divide people.

Symbols, be it religious or other should be hidden, they are nothing more than personal belifs and parading them around does nothing but entice hatred. Im all for people owning them but they should never be on public display.

I thought you said: "Its a symbol to bring people together for a common goal."

Bars in America don't exclude people with tattoos.

All schools where I live are publicly owned (by government) ,

You accused me of saying that America was comparable to Nazi Germany, which on an American site is trying to tar me with the , im against America brush, which would make me an outcast and target for future replys.

I thought you said: "Its a symbol to bring people together for a common goal." , yes in my origional post I stated the psychology behind flags is that they are "meant" to bring people together. meant being a very lucritive word. I then went on to say that symbols more often than not divide.

I stated what they are supposed to do then what they auctually do. Case and point look at this thread we are arguing over a flag.

I may have gone over board on the tattoo analology but I still stand by it. Any body can refuse entry to an establish over show tattoos if they so wish. Althrough your culture has alot more invested with tatoos i.e gangs so banning them might be bad for your health =). But im more than certian the upperclass bars would have a dress code as they wouldent like the likes of me walking around with my tribal tattoos.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more. I think someone needs another line of work right now to send a clear message that the symbol of our country isn't to be disrespected. Especially by people that are supposed to be role models of higher education. What in the world were they thinking!?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
bobbob,

Please forgive me for the liberty I am taking with your post. I admit that I am making a couple of small changes to your quote, but I hope you will read it and see that your comments are harmful. Perhaps your emotion just clouded your mind for a moment.

Perhaps you should fix your broken country before worrying about a book, that Quoran.

Perhaps if you stopped worrying about telling everybody how to live their lives in their own countries, and actually did worry about your "book" then people in the world would take you seriously.

Until then, keep living in your dillusional bubble that you are the greatest and all that jazz.

That Quoran you speak off, represents one of the most invasive, manipulative, double standards, greedy, militaristic, bully concepts to many in the rest of the world, those that still see it to represent freedom and other stuff, just watch Hollywood and Reuters all day long.

And NOT something to be shown in other countries, unless you wish to be persecuted or maybe kidnapped or worse. Quite frankly it is NOTHING to be proud of TODAY, perhaps 1000 years ago it was, but not today.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Agreed and this classic gem: here ...

So yes, there is disrespect of "an ideal" with regards to the Flag and that is what seems to be the cause of many of these arguments. It's not "a piece of cloth" if one believes in the symbolism behind that piece of cloth. There is no doubt, that symbolism often sends powerful messages.

edit on 5-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbob

Originally posted by CherubBaby
Thank op. You know its amazing that The American are now being told what they can or can't regard as important to them by people from other countries. Maybe they dont understand but The Flag means a great deal to me because it's a symbol of what this country was founded upon regardless of the deteriorated standard that has taken place since it's symbolic purpose and to remind Americans what were are supposed to remember and be thankful for.
Thx op..

So keep your flag in YOUR OWN COUNTRY (that you stole from the natives long ago).

Stop putting your flag in Iraq, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Libya, etc etc

Oh, of course your flag has NEVER been planted on another countries soil. YOUR country NEVER fought in a foreign war, never colonialized another country in its past. By God you are blameless as is your homeland!!

Good show!! Especially if you are British. We all know they carried a rainbow flag and gave food and candy to all those they reigned over for many hundreds of years.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Oldnslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Political Correctness is killing America!

This is disgraceful and disgusting, makes me wonder what our flag is worth anymore.

I believe this is against federal law too, searching for more info on that....

The principal should be fired immediately IMO.

This wouldn't be a problem if we wouldn't cater to other countries in our public school system.

Thoughts?

(I know this isn't "alternative" news but it should be discussed)

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-9-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is a crime
and the principal should be made an example of..
obviously forgot he lives in America

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You accused me of saying that America was comparable to Nazi Germany, which on an American site is trying to tar me with the , im against America brush, which would make me an outcast and target for future replys.

Well i just don't know how to take what you said otherwise. Here it is in your own words:

Americans are indoctrinated an an early age to pledge allegiance to their flag and country. Its a mind game designed to control you. If you dont believe me look at the nazi flag, it was always promient at every nazi rally and home. Its a symbol to bring people together for a common goal.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Looks to me like nothing more than some kids messing about trying to incite, the idiotic reactions you see in this thread.

How should the head teacher be punished, flogged in the school yard or maybe the US should declare war on Saudi for having a greener flag?

This story is nothing more than ignorance personified.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
People are ready to die for this piece of cloth...

I don't even know what age are we living in.

TO ME caring about a piece of cloth this much is medieval behavior.

To me it's not the cloth that matters per say,though it is a symbol of what America 'used' to be.But rather the implications of what other people think when they see it and what it begins to reveal to them about what America is.
Makes you wonder what they are teaching them inside the class rooms?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It's amazing that people can get so upset over a piece of cloth. It seems that it was an accident anyway, no harm no foul.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

If this school district is like many across America, they only things that are taught are strategies to pass the State's standardized test, so the school can get more money. The way they see it, so long as the kids pass those silly tests, they've been taught well.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This reminds me of that great Eddie Izzard bit he does about Britan taking over the world through the use of flags.

I claim this land in the name of England.

Uh, you can't claim this land, we live here.

Do you have a flag?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join