It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado School Comes Under Fire for Hanging Saudi Flag Higher Than American Flag

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
yeah lets fly the flag of bin ladens homeland and where the 19 hikackers came from

the only flag ever be to flown on public buildings such as schools and federal buildings should be only the american flag the stars and stripes.

but no lets fly some other flag who has never done a damn thing for anyone here .

meh thats crap its bigtime crap.

if theres any flag that irks me more than see the mexican flag even the nazi flag its the saudi flag.

meh

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I applaud a school trying to edjamicake the childrens about the Barbarians, Gypsies and Terrorists that live in the vast untamed wilds that span much of the world outside of Uncle Sam's borders. Just don't hang their bear skins and such even a fraction of an inch higher then Old Glory, lest we invite the wrath Jesus upon us!

Accidents happen.

Isn't the first.

Won't be the last.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Lol these people need to understand that white people in the US are very very angry when it comes to flags and such. They are very nationalist in nature. Very frightening when you think about it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Evidently spelling is dead as well. Not sure where you're from but based on your tone, you certainly sound like a friendly neighbor.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
To all of you who think the U.S. flag is a meaningless "piece of cloth" and think the rest of us are "Nationalists" and "intolerant", I say this; spend a few weeks in Iran, Russia, Syria, Saudi Arabia. Exercise your freedoms there. Fly the US flag in one of those countries. Let your wife/girlfriend drive alone in Saudi Arabia.

Try to start a business, buy a house, get internet a stage a protest in one of those places. Once you've done all of this, come back then tell me you don't get it. Then tell me you don't understand the respect for the U.S. flag. It's so damned easy to say, "I have tolerance for dictatorial third-world countries" when you have absolutely no clue how good you have it here in the US.

Quite frankly it is your type that has lead to the destruction of the US and the freedoms we once had. You wouldn't have the stones to stand up for you own rights if you had to. You'd expect somebody else to do it for you because that's how you roll.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Is anyone else tired of all this baloney political correctness these days? Fire whoever let that happen, simple and easy.

If you move to another country, you should either accept that you are now a citizen of that country and follow its rules or just get the frack out.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
A symbol is only as good as what it CURRENTLY represents.

At some point the swastika was used a symbol of good luck by ancient civilizations, and then we all know what happened after that.

In any case flag that REPRESENTS an idea, not IS the idea. The idea is the system of government and the consititution, which is currently being water boarded at Guantanomo.

So while your busy reciting nationalist mantras about the home team, the country is turning nationalistic "USA! USA!" Sounds like some drunk teenages rooting for a football team.

This is the real flag:

farm6.static.flickr.com...
edit on 6-9-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobbob

Bob, the American flag means a lot to me, it's a symbol of our country, it's a symbol of opportunity and freedom and we as American people need to stand up for that flag and what it represents, if we start letting school systems and other organizations of this great nation flying other countries flags, we will lose America, go fly what flag you will on your property in your home but do not disrespect this nation or it's flag!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by atomicn
reply to post by Signals

Lol these people need to understand that white people in the US are very very angry when it comes to flags and such. They are very nationalist in nature. Very frightening when you think about it.

Yes, you're right...

White Conservative God Fearing Americans are the new Terrorists.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xBWOMPx

If you respect the flag so much you would defend it tooth and nail against how it has been used in the past as a propaganda piece and nothing more. Even the rich destroy the meaning of a flag such as Donald Trump using it as advertising for his newest resort as he puts in a flag pole that is against code just for the publicity. For something to hold meaning you must defend it from being abused in all ways foriegn and domestic. The same with this country defend it from the abuse people are doing to it foriegn and domestic. Then respect will allways be there. Its not a advertising prop, its not a campaign prop then it can be a honored flag again.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

You call having my own mind being Marxist?

Not pledging allegiance to an inanimate object is Marxist? lol
-----------

I do however think that a USA flag should be always hung higher than any other countries flag. And it is highly questionable to why we would fly another countries flag in our own?
edit on 9/6/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If you go to the original story that appeared Greeley Gazzette (which Fox News surprising supplied) there is a picture of the offending American flag next to the Saudi Arabian flag. If you click on the photo you can clearly see everyone is making a mountain over an ant mound. The offending American flag is clearly not sitting in its holder properly (it actually looks like the post its mounted on is broken), which if it was would have it flying just as high as the Saudi Arabian flag.

Now I remember my time in school. I also remember we kids screwed around the with flag a few times with no disrespect intended. I suspect this is what happened at this school, some kid/s were screwing around with and things happened that may not have been intended.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Starrunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by fooks

You call having my own mind being Marxist?

Not pledging allegiance to an inanimate object is Marxist? lol
-----------

I do however think that a USA flag should be always hung higher than any other countries flag. And it is highly questionable to why we would fly another countries flag in our own?
edit on 9/6/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

great!

i might have misinterpreted your post when i responded,

given the attitude of some of the posts here, i must be more careful.

apologies.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Starrunner

How dare you suggest that this was anything other than a deliberate insult to the USA by liberal/conservative/radical/conformists to undermine the values of that great nation and bring about the downfall of capitalism, christianity, the constitution and apple pie!!

Yeah...sorry....it's been noted before in the thread - but inconvenient things like facts never get in the way of a good wailing, gnashing of teeth, and accusing everyone else of being part of a conspiracy on ATS!

Linki-poo - www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-9-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by axslinger
reply to post by Shamatt

Evidently spelling is dead as well. Not sure where you're from but based on your tone, you certainly sound like a friendly neighbor.

Well, my spelling wasn't bad enough for you to loose the meaning of what I typed, so I guess it was good enough, no? Not bad considering my dissbilities - did you think to look at my sig?

Yes - friendly neighbour. Read the other stuff I have written on this thread, you'll see I speak some sence occasionally. If you can cope with the spelling.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
lol Why do they have a Saudi flag in the first place?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What I really need is American Flag toilet paper....or even better...toilet paper with the constitution on it.

Let my guests know how I feel about America and...and the only use the Flag and their constitution is good for...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I am truely shocked at the lack of respect of the u.s flag. I am canadian, but people
don't seem to understand that many thousands of young men and woman have
given their lives for this flag, . To fight along side the british, canadians etc.
why even fly a flag of a different nation.?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tired
I am truely shocked at the lack of respect of the u.s flag. I am canadian, but people
don't seem to understand that many thousands of young men and woman have
given their lives for this flag, . To fight along side the british, canadians etc.
why even fly a flag of a different nation.?

Who fought for that flag and when?
I spent a lot of time with some WWII vets in my childhood and none of them believed they did what they did to protect a flag. It was what the flag represented that mattered.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
the flag represents a country

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join