It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The Otherside Of A Universe That Never Ends?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Dark matter must be capable of faster then light?
edit on 11-9-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
Dark matter must move faster then light, hence the reason it's "dark" and responsible for the expansion of our universe.
something appears white because it is reflecting light away and something appears black because it is absorbing light within,"for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky"..."all is illusion"..."nothing is as it appears"...and we are living upon a world that exists on the edge of forever,drifting throuh a void of ancient light...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Dark matter must move faster then light, hence the reason it's "dark" and responsible for the expansion of our universe.
something appears white because it is reflecting light away and something appears black because it is absorbing light within,"for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky"..."all is illusion"..."nothing is as it appears"...and we are living upon a world that exists on the edge of forever,drifting throuh a void of ancient light...

Oh, yes, I had not thought about that 'dark matter' is the Unseen Light, or the Unbound Unlimited Light, the Light that is 'reflecting' or causing the images of limited light---

and then I always go back to the "God" thing, because there are clues all around in ancient teachings, before the rulers tried to cover up any words that would give us knowledge of our inner power---"God said Let there be Light" God is not 'something' we can see, but we see It Is by way of 'the world of appearances' God's holographic reflections are this world we see, this world we live in. God is Unknowable, but we can know It by its 'images' which this world that seems to be made of 'time and space' but its really more like the 'shadow' of this One Unseen Light, or Dark Matter, maybe---

A friend of mine, who was really a mystic, he describes this world as like the wake behind a ship-- But he always adds that our True Self is not the wake, we are one with the ship. and its good to remember that.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
we are living shadows of the fourth dimension. imagine being under water in a swimming pool on a sunny day and looking up at a ball floating on the surface. you only see a small part of the whole ball penetrating beneath the water for most of it exists in another dimension and we are like the part of that ball you can see, when we die we return to the fourth dimension where god exists and death and tears and pain are no more. a fourth dimensional person would be able to see all four sides of a square at the same time,not just three like we do...thats what i think anyways

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I'm gonna go with it is like pac-man or the old mario, where you run to the left and end up on the right side.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a 1 dimensional being can only see 1 side of a square, they can only travel in a straight line left and right or backwards and forwards, not both. a 2 dimensional being can only see 2 sides of a square, they can travel backwards and forwards, left and right, they can't go up or down. we are 3 dimensional beings and can see 3 sides of a square, but we can travel backwards and forwards, left and right and up and down. a 4 dimensional being would be able to see all 4 sides of a square at the same time and be able to travel up and down, backwards and forwards, left and right and travel through the square. someone looking at our 3 dimensional universe from the fourth dimension might be able to comprehend the answer to the question, where is the otherside of a universe that never ends...
edit on 11-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It was right behind you a second ago.
And, no, this is not meant as a sarcastic response.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339
It was right behind you a second ago.
And, no, this is not meant as a sarcastic response.
not sure what you mean?...please elaborate...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

It's difficult to explain.
Start with Descartes "I think therefore I am" therefore off all I see I can be sure only of myself. The rest might be but a projection of my mind.
Is behind me still there when I am not looking?
And so you spin in a circle checking for gaps.
If only you are real then what of your friend who has memories of when you weren't there?
Did you subconciously create these memories of your time apart for him the very second that you reimagined him in meeting? So that your friend, this projection, thinks he has a life separate from you, but does not.
Descartes does not say that is the way of things. But if all you can be sure of is that you exist, the above scenario becomes quite possible.

Now, because that way of thinking is necessary to the point I have given that example. And yet, that does not speak to the question you asked. So hold the essence of the train of thought above but also put it from you so that you can focus on your question.

I believe that there is a time component to the infinite space of the universe. There is overlayment. Multiple dimensions and quite possibly mulitiverses.

So the "end" of an infinite universe is everywhere and nowhere.
It was right behind you a second ago....but when you look for it, it won't and cant be there. Because the universe is infinite. In looking for it you change it. In thinking about it you create it. There is infinite possibility added to time and space.

I am sure that there are those who could address this from the math end of things. Math and philosophy meet at their peaks so that for a moment each is the other.

So too, an infinite universe is many things cycling into each other, always. Never the same as it was a moment ago.
Changed by each little thought. Each thought and emotion makes that universe larger for it must contain them as well as physical matter.

It's difficult to explain. And I seem to have lost my train of thought, though, indeed, it was right behind me just a second ago.

? helps?

If you haven't you should read some of the mystics. You would probably enjoy them.
edit on 12-9-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
umm...i think the other side of universe that never ends is the side that you aren't on.

just sayin...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
thanx for your answer watcher3339,i've read a lot of the writings of the mystics,philosophers,psychics, clairvoyants,theoretical scientisis and prophets... descartes,michael nostrodamus,edgar cayce,madame helena blavatsky,carl jung,albert einstein,stephen hawking,ect,ect and i have a way above average memory and i'll still say that, forever and nowhere and infinity are "excuse words" "copout terms" for things we cant comprehend...
edit on 12-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

thanx for your answer Watcher3339,i've read a lot of the writings of the mystics,philosophers,psychics, clairvoyants,theoretical scientisis and prophets... descartes,michael nostrodamus,edgar cayce,madame helena blavatsky,carl jung,albert einstein,stephen hawking,ect,ect and i have a way above average memory and i'll still say that, forever and nowhere and infinity are "excuse words" "copout terms" for things we cant comprehend...

The words always get in the way. You are looking for the experience of it. At least it seems that way. That was why I thought you might have some interest in the mystics. Mysticism has a long history of trouble with words!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've always wondered about the cosmic order and how it relates to us...

For example, we consider ants to be far beneath us. We step on them and don't even think about it. There're so many of them, they're so dumb; stepping on them is no consequence.

But how do we know that we're intelligent, especially in an infinite universe? Maybe what's considered intelligent in our universe is far, far beyond what we can reach presently? So maybe god(s) would step on us as we step on ants; carelessly, even unknowingly.

But, for a time, White, we can crush ants beneath us and be as Gods on earth.

If the universe is infinite, then it has inifite storage for all of life, possibly for all of time. This would imply that all beings, great and small, could have access to an after-life; event ants.

Conservation of energy, at least to me, implies that there is not an infinite universe. Further, it also implies a kind of protective mechanism against dangerous evolutionary processes. Having a limit on resources applies a pressure to out of control evolution - this pressure contains it.
edit on 12-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

thanx for your answer Watcher3339,i've read a lot of the writings of the mystics,philosophers,psychics, clairvoyants,theoretical scientisis and prophets... descartes,michael nostrodamus,edgar cayce,madame helena blavatsky,carl jung,albert einstein,stephen hawking,ect,ect and i have a way above average memory and i'll still say that, forever and nowhere and infinity are "excuse words" "copout terms" for things we cant comprehend...

The words always get in the way. You are looking for the experience of it. At least it seems that way. That was why I thought you might have some interest in the mystics. Mysticism has a long history of trouble with words!
the answer to the question of my thread headline is perhaps beyond our comprehension,our brains maybe don't have the capacity to understand...where is the otherside of a universe that never ends...but i'll keep on trying. because i believe that the answer to this mysterious enigma will be..."the theory of everything" >>> en.wikipedia.org... and this link will really get your mind spinning >>> en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

the answer to the question of my thread headline is perhaps beyond our comprehension,our brains maybe don't have the capacity to understand...where is the otherside of a universe that never ends...but i'll keep on trying. because i believe that the answer to this mysterious enigma will be..."the theory of everything" >>> en.wikipedia.org... and this link will really get your mind spinning >>>en.wikipedia.org...

Only the insane have found the answer to the unknowable.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

the answer to the question of my thread headline is perhaps beyond our comprehension,our brains maybe don't have the capacity to understand...where is the otherside of a universe that never ends...but i'll keep on trying. because i believe that the answer to this mysterious enigma will be..."the theory of everything" >>> en.wikipedia.org... and this link will really get your mind spinning >>>en.wikipedia.org...

Only the insane have found the answer to the unknowable.
they only seem insane when compared to the ordinary joes and janes...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Black holes make me think.. there has to be an end.. nothing can escape their power right? If thats the case.. and we started from a big bang.. we would coincidentally have a big crush, or a big rip, a big rip would be sort of like black hole like the San Andreas fault across the universe.. no universe being able to escape it. Both would eat everything then collapse onto them selves... turning back into a singularity?

This is my opinion and I too have wondered about such things.. and all current theories ... just dont seem to appease my thought process. I dont believe its infinite, though I do believe we are 'expanding' at an exponential rate.So we see it as such.. Think of an ant.. tiny insignificant creature but the entire ground area of the earth to them would seem as if its infinite, being able to go as deep, and as far and wide as they can dream.. and if there was no core to stop them, they could go straight thru to another side..but where does the other side end? how do they get back?

Thats the part that sticks me, because I think its kind of like pacman games, go too far one way, come back to an equal but opposite original starting point.. So conventional theory of the doughnut universe looping in on it self kinda works for me.. but starting from the center, going up the top loop, how would you get to the bottom loop of the doughnut?

I try to imagine a doughnut inverting on it self, as well as mirroring.. meaning you go in bottom of the top loop, come to the top of the top loop then come out the bottom of the bottom loop instantaneously.. Kinda like the theory on space as a fabric, and how it can be traveled.. think more of a flat piece of paper, fold it in half, then make a wormhole through it, and come out the other side, without going all the way around and then being able to do that in an infinite amount of ways... theres no start or end, seemingly infinite in a finite universe.. thats my view...hope it makes sense? lol
edit on 30-9-2011 by tbonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Dark matter must be capable of faster then light?

I think the speed of light is a speed limit that cannot be broken and thats for zero mass particles.. particles with mass dont ever go faster, and particles with negative mass cannot ever go slower then that set speed boundry. If thats the case, then we already need to rethink some ideas of the unified laws and how they really coincide with each other.. What if dark matter is the cause of pushing everything apart, and in turn making spacetime and the universe expand? It would seem that dark matter cannot ever go slower then the speed of light, the same with any negative mass particle. Maybe dark matter and dark energy are connected? We cannot see or measure dark matter, but we can see the effects of it through dark energy?

Or maybe I dont really understand dark mass and dark energy...? Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
hi and thanx for your response...concerning the doughnut shaped universe theory.whats on the otherside of that? another doughnut shaped universe? and another and another and another? see how it can't go on forever,but it seems to,but it can't,but it seems to,ect,ect,...makes my head spin as i feel like i'm free falling through space everytime i think about it.which is everyday.

everyone of the 100,000,000 or so galaxies have a super massive black hole at their centers.thats what is clustering the stars together and forming the galaxy in the first place. i think our universe was created from a black hole in another universe releasing its accumulated matter.bursting outward on the otherside of it's singularity,in the form of a white hole.it's like they can only contain so much matter and energy and then they explode into another universe that they create.

whats on the otherside of a black hole? there must be somewhere,it cant be nowhere.so theres another dimension perhaps? and on the otherside of that, theres another? and another? and another? and another? it seem to go on and on and on and on...but it cant?!?!?!

i think that dark matter is the edge,the boundaries of another dimension.the dimension that we were created out of,as i mentioned above...
edit on 30-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Space and time are irrelevant and attempting to define the infinite in such terms is abstract at best. The universe expanded instantaneously outwards as well as inwards and upon itself, folding infinitely like a fractal. Space Time is also warped considerably, backwards and forwards, fast, and slow, outwards, infinitely. To travel to the ends of the universe is impossible, and even if there were an end, an edge to the universe you wouldn't be able to get there.

It would be like running on a treadmill as space and time continue to warp and expand forever in addition to pockets of matter and antimatter colliding and creating spontaneous bursts of energy that further warps space time even more. Add to that black holes that birth entirely new universes with similar attributes and it truly is an eternal fractal of infinite space time folding upon itself forever and ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join