It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its over! the government had alread dumbed you down (Proof Indside!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
reply to post by WeRpeons

That bad huh.
I'd hate to think what the intelligence and the state of the neuroendocrine system of the recently born humans are.
Will they even have the ability to learn math, the most important of subjects?

Dude, it took me about 20 hours just to complete equations in Chapter 1.1 of Algebra and the new computer system it's on, is totally messing with my head. Those square rooted decimals are killing me.

I really hate it when someone says, "I can do it in my sleep" but they give you like 100 problems and it takes about 1/2 to an hour just to finish one problem, with there 20 step process. There has to be an easier way.

OMG and those word problems...Forget it.
I don't have that amount time to spend on my math problems when I got to study for 3 up coming other tests.

If I can do at my pace, I'll learn it, but rushing me, I'm not going to learn nothing, and I will not be able to hold in my brain. Only thing my brain is holding right now, is AIR...

Least I got the quadratic formula down.

edit on 4-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

A system designed to destroy....

Says you maybe. That same(or very similar) system is working well in other countries.

Just because the US is in a slump at the moment doesn't mean that the system is totally flawed. It doesn't mean that the system is designed to destroy either. It just means that the system in the USA needs tweaking to make it perform.

The same goes for the education system. If TPTB really wanted to dumb down the US, wouldn't it be easier just to close the schools? Why haven't they? Surely if they 'control the world', then, shutting down a public school system would be a piece of cake to such powerful entities.

The US, like the rest of the world is run by its inhabitants.....no exceptions. Anyone of sufficient mental capacity can go to university and study any number of legal or accounting degree's and get a job in politics. There is no exclusive club to be a member of to become a politician. All you need is enough public support! Get enough people behind you and you can become a politician and contribute to our evolving society. Sure there is going to be those who get into political life that are in essence, "corrupt". But there is also going to be those who become politicians to make the USA a better place to live. .

Be part of the solution......Not the problem.

If you really think that the US populace is being dumbed down. Don't sit there and bitch about it. Get a decent education. Work your ar$e off to educate yourself and then spread your knowledge, get into politics or find your own way to help YOUR society evolve for the better.
edit on 4/9/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

Politics is controlled and scripted, your argument is therefore invalid.

But i'll humor you.
Every country is run by the same system.

The world is in a slump and it's been this way for a while, it's not going to be getting better in THIS game.

If schools were shut down, there would be riots.
You don't shut down schools, you do the next thing on the list, shut down the ability to learn in those schools, why do you think the worlds water, food and air is tainted?
They destroy our neuroendocrine and endocrine systems through those channels, so it doesn't matter if there is a school, we won't be able to learn.

The worlds population has already been dumbed down, past tense, it's already done.
Im getting a decent education, but it's not going to help anyone around the world, those in power, control how thing are run, and if you didn't realize, they don't exactly pick people of the street with degrees to run the show.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

reply to post by WeRpeons

That bad huh.
I'd hate to think what the intelligence and the state of the neuroendocrine system of the recently born humans are.
Will they even have the ability to learn math, the most important of subjects?

Dude, it took me about 20 hours just to complete equations in Chapter 1.1 of Algebra and the new computer system it's on, is totally messing with my head. Those square rooted decimals are killing me.

I really hate it when someone says, "I can do it in my sleep" but they give you like 100 problems and it takes about 1/2 to an hour just to finish one problem, with there 20 step process. There has to be an easier way.

OMG and those word problems...Forget it.
I don't have that amount time to spend on my math problems when I got to study for 3 up coming other tests.

If I can do at my pace, I'll learn it, but rushing me, I'm not going to learn nothing, and I will not be able to hold in my brain. Only thing my brain is holding right now, is AIR...

Least I got the quadratic formula down.

edit on 4-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Take some racetams and you'll be good to go.
Math is definitely the most important subject, and people need to know it, english imo, is useful only till you understand the basics, phonetics, reading comprehension and basic spelling, other than that, it's a waste of time and a distraction from real subjects like math and science.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

But does ignorance = fear?
Is fear formed out of ignorance?

Yes and no. Some fear is obviously common sense. And built into us for a reason. Other fears, as you well know are unreasonable. And are based in ignorance, and/or bad subconscious programming, such as some phobias.

So yes. Fear can most certainly be ignorance based.

But as I said. Even the most average in intelligence among us can understand oppression and lies once it is clearly presented to them. But fear can still put them in denial of its existence.

Read my signature.

ETA: Have you by any chance read Charlotte Iserbyt's book The deliberate dumbing down of America? If you haven't, I highly recommend it to all. It's a free download, and it's an eye opener.

Yeah i've watched her video, she says a lot of interesting things, things that must be known to the masses.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
I'm not too sure fluoride is the culprit behind the "dumbing down" of the US.

Why? Hell, I drink the tap water and have been for years. My family does. I havent noticed any change in any of us, and we still can see the stupidity and idiocracy growing all around us. Not to sound like I'm tooting my horn, or bragging about being smarter than others, but, I do see people getting dumber, and yet we can still see it and still my grades nor my brother's grades have been affected. I still score highly on tests, police tests, employment tests, etc. So if there is some suspicion of fluoride or chemicals in the water, I have serious doubts about it.

I think it has more to do with the erosion of morals, dissolution of the family unit, encouraging laziness and enabling the "gimmie something for nothin" mentality. Look at our television "shows". How many "talent" shows do we need? How many "reality" shows do we need? How many "dating" shows do we need? Do we need to be bombarded everyday about Kim Kardashian's wedding, or how we are idolizing stupidity in Hollywood? Education is taking a back seat to "social" studies. No one is teaching science, math, hell even history. Here in Chicago, 20% of high school grads are ready for college. 20% !!!!!!!! Is that because of some nefarious chemicals in the water? I doubt it. Common sense is longer used, at all. Take a closer look at our education system. Teachers dont teach, students dont wanna learn, parents dont give a darn, and they expect them to learn?Some are no longer requiring SATs. And then when they want to extend the school day by an hour and a half, the teachers all cry out in unison: "well, we need more money!!!" Hey! How about seeing some results in the test scores first? How about instead of 20% of high school students ready for college, lets see 50% at least. 75% would be better.

I can tell you with certainty, it aint somethin in the water. It is a little more complicated than that.
edit on 9/4/2011 by GenRadek because: (no reason given)

Your smart, but have you thought about that....you could have been EVEN more smarter if it wasn't for the tainted, water, food and air?
Don't you feel robbed?
That The government, has taken a portion of your intelligence away?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

If it's any consolation, it gets easier the more you do them. I used to struggle and after doing enough of them my mind 'clicked' and it became easy.

Keep that quadratic equation in the fore of your mind. You use it a lot in uni.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

*facepalm*

This is exactly why your a paranoid nut.

Do yourself a favour and get off the drugs.

I managed to make it through my Mech eng degree without them. I instead used the age-old tried and tested method of hard work. You might want to try it sometime. It is possible to get honours without racetams.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It doesn't matter how smart or dumb the average voter is in america if the people who're charged with representing us fail to do so. We've already seen examples of this. I remember reading a poll in 2007 where 70% of those polled wanted a pulldown in military troops in iraq. I remember Cheney making a comment that it was just a poll and did not represent actual opinion. But we have seen this time and time again. Congress does not represent the american people, it represents corporations, academic institutions, banks, and military authorities. Like an Oligarchy.

Remmeber in 2000 when Gore won the popular vote? Just the tip of the iceberg. Actually, most americans lean towards liberal ideas. Only 33% of registered voters are republican. Over 40% are democrats. The only reason republicans are so competitive is because of the electoral college. California, for example, has a very high population, but most of them are liberals. It has a huge impact on popular vote. This does not sit well with conservatives. The answer is the electoral college.There is a concerted effort by conservatives to achieve 'balance'. But this balance is illusory. It's not real. Most of america does not lean conservative.

Almost 50% of congressman are millionaires. MANY are very very educated and have grown up in middle to upper income families. They have very little in common with poor people.

World polls favored Obama.

My point here is not to support liberals. I am actually an independent. My point is that republicans are NOT an equal counterweight to democrats. The middle is not in-between. This is the illusion created in their favor. The actual middle leans to the left, not to the right. That's why the people on the right are so afraid and fight because they know that the illusion of middle that they've created cannot be sustained forever. A new middle will eventually take its place.

You want a startling statistic? Most scientists are democrats or independents, not conservatives.

I did a test online. On a scale from -10 to 10, I got about +2.5. (-) is conservative, (+) is liberal. The test also measures authoritarian tendencies versus decentralization. Again, I was about +2.5. This means I lean towards decentralized solutions - like Libertarians.

I do NOT hate on conservatives. I just think the truth is more important than rhetoric, sometimes. Sorry if I mix up conservatives and republicans, as they're not always the same thing.
edit on 4-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Your smart, but have you thought about that....you could have been EVEN more smarter if it wasn't for the tainted, water, food and air?
Don't you feel robbed?
That The government, has taken a portion of your intelligence away?

To be honest, I do not feel like that at all. I feel like I was robbed with regards to the math in high school. They just were not teaching it right. On my ACT I managed to score a 25 over all, but what knocked me down was the math (21) and science part (18). The science part was very poorly written in my opinion, and very poorly set up. I scored better on the math, and in English I scored a 30 or a 32, i forget. Science I always scored A's. I felt cheated on the math, until college, when they stuck me in the intermediate math 102 class, and the professor managed to explain how to do certain trig calculations and other calculations in a very easy way, which I felt, like say "Damn, if only they taught it like that in high school, I'd have done better than the Ds I got".
I ended up getting a B for the first time since 5th grade in math, and I can attest, she was not an easy teacher (by means of excellent teaching skills and tough tests). Same in Calc. I repeated it 3 times. On the third time, the professor taught it simply and gave us such an easy method of remembering the methods to figure out that on the final, I breezed through it, and got an A! Math was always a weak point for me. It has to be taught in a simple and easy method. I found that teachers from Europe, and especially Eastern Europe and Asia, have a better grasp and concept of teaching math than many teachers I had that were taught here.

We just need better teachers.
edit on 9/4/2011 by GenRadek because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I highly recommend reading the book. You can't get whats in that book out of an interview. Not even close. But that's up to you. I'm not trying to force it down your throat.

edit on 9/4/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

*facepalm*

This is exactly why your a paranoid nut.

Do yourself a favour and get off the drugs.

I managed to make it through my Mech eng degree without them. I instead used the age-old tried and tested method of hard work. You might want to try it sometime. It is possible to get honours without racetams.

Lol i'll stop using racetams, when you use logic there champ.
And they aren't drugs, they're called "N o o t r o p i c s" say it slowly, it might be hard for you.
It's possible to get honors without racetams, make my argument valid in that case.
With racetams it would be easier.
Why struggle, when you can do it easier?
Common sense doesn't register with you huh?
edit on 4-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
People aren't dumb, they're NORMAL. The dumb ones are people that think OUTSIDE of the BOX! See, what people FAIL to realize, is that television, puts us ALL on 1 accord; with one voice. Television INSTILLS it's ideas and beliefs in people. Those that don't watch television, have different ideas and different thoughts..because the mind is free to do so. TPTB are normalizing people because they can't have FREE THINKERS! If the world had FREE THINKERS, everyone would be doing what they LOVE to do, and not what they HAVE or are told to do! I would also have to say, education is another "normalizing" tool. The more educated you become, the more 'normal' you are. There's lots to be said about KNOWLEDGE, but WISDOM BRINGS SUCCESS!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I highly recommend reading the book. You can't get whats in that book out of an interview. Not even close.

The "dumbed down" find it easier to watch a video than to read a book.
Generally followed with hours of video gaming...

I read that book a while back. Some interesting ideas, even if I don't agree with everything in it.
Worth reading, in any case.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Explanation: Anybody who works in the education 'business' ... your days are numbered!

Here is why...

New "memory chip" can erase and restore a rats memories at the touch of a button! SCARY!!! (by w3nd1g0 posted on 21-6-2011 @ 10:45 PM) [ATS]

Scientists Implant Chip That Allows Thoughts, Memory And Behavior To Be Transferred (by MIDNIGHTSUN posted on 19-6-2011 @ 06:58 PM) [ATS]

Rats controlled by RF chip in brain (by acesinthehole posted on 7-6-2007 @ 02:58 PM) [ATS]

Why are people so afraid of mind control chips? (by windwalker81570 posted on 22-1-2005 @ 10:28 PM) [ATS]

Merging Man and Machine: We are the internet (by highlyoriginal posted on 12-4-2010 @ 06:32 AM) [ATS]

Universal Soldier (by Balthasar posted on 30-10-2005 @ 10:58 PM) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: Chip the kids and put them to work like good little tax payers! And save money by firing the educators who are now useless eaters! Fix that by chipping them too!

P.S. But kudos to that same education system for producing the people who designed the chips! Thats what a good worker is supposed to do... put themselves out of a job!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

I highly recommend reading the book. You can't get whats in that book out of an interview. Not even close.

The "dumbed down" find it easier to watch a video than to read a book.
Generally followed with hours of video gaming...

I read that book a while back. Some interesting ideas, even if I don't agree with everything in it.
Worth reading, in any case.

It wouldn't be that you'd have to buy the book, over the fact that the video is free.
God forbid using common sense in an argument.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It wouldn't be that you'd have to buy the book, over the fact that the video is free.
God forbid using common sense in an argument.

So, I guess you're too "dumbed down" to go to a library?

We used to use them a lot when we were smart.

Ahh, the good ol' days...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Sweeping generalization there, oh well, not surprising this is ATS, what makes you think the library would have that book in, books like these are more cult classics.
I'd have to go there tomorrow, enquire about the book...and if they don't have it...wait a few weeks for them to get it.
Knowledge is put on hold.
When i could easily just watch it online.

Ahh logic, the enemy of the idiot...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

dont like ats, do us a favour and find a new site

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLookingGlass

dont like ats, do us a favour and find a new site

I like ats mate
I find new sites on a daily basis, it's fair dinkum mate.

edit on 4-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

ever gone outside? its not as bad as u think u live in a beautiful country go take it in and dont spend all ur time lookin for people with wrinkles to add to your file of reptiles

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join