It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only Racist Thinking Believes ....in the notion of assimilation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

With all respect ,I believe no one should have to adopt anyones culture or beliefs, regardless if they are migrants, refugees, temp visa holders ect.
But what the thread is pointing out ...is the hypocrisy of pretending this will be the outcome of a multinational policy,

Only racist thought ...would be so arrogant to believe ....muslim migrants would want to adopt...a Western Christian nations culture.

If people just stopped and thought about this, they would see it isn't multi culturism under one nations umbrella, but multi culturism under multi national umbrellas.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
The only people who are worried about Australian "culture," being overrun by foreigners are racist (usually locally born German/Celtic) whites; and considering the amount of violence that I experienced at their hands while living in Sunbury, despite being a white individual myself, I have absolutely no sympathy for them.

25% of people living in Australia where not born here. Thats a lot of immigration. And I think you have your own evidently leftist dink academia subgroup who sit around all day drinking in coffee shops bitching about the rest of us, pegged as the majority, which it is not.

There was one particular incident in Cronulla in 2005 I think it was, where they may have had some vague degree of justification, but that is about it. From memory some Pakistani or Lebanese Muslims tried to forcefully tell some women wearing bikinis to cover up; and more or less the entire neighbourhood exploded.

I think you really must live under a rock, this was not an isolated incident, its a daily incident. This one got a lot of press for whatever reason, maybe all the video footage made for a good separatism themed for the MSM because it showed a lot of immigrants acting like a mob of thugs.

The other thing to keep in mind, however, is the fact that the "culture," they're worried about losing, isn't actually a culture at all.

I'm sorry that you, like many other immigrant's, cannot see the differences between Australian and other cultures. If all you see is what they put on TV, then i feel sad for you. Perhaps you should talk to people outside your circle of friends and learn about the real world.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Gravity215 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
In Oz I think we should have a law that says if you dont speak basic english within 6 months you lose your visa and get sent home. Anyone who moves to Australia without wanting to be Aussie should be sent packing.

Six months isn't exactly a lot of time to learn a language; particularly one as complex as English.
edit on 3-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

My 3 year old speaks better English than most of the Indians ive worked with who have degree's in English (taught in India of course). Six months is plenty of time if somebody has made even a slight effort. The issue for many Australian's is the reluctance to make an effort (in fact thats a very Australian thing), part of our culture would you say maybe, 'give it a go'.

edit on 3-9-2011 by Gravity215 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
I'm sorry, but im living in australia currently, i'm not australian, but im not sure where you get "a christian country" from but this place isn't, it's easily the most anti christian, anti social, rude, people who love contradictions, and people who operate with double standards on a daily basis, and people who love being an ass and its the most miserable place with the dumbest people on the planet living here.

Wow, and nobody has marked this as breaking T&C's. Im sure if I posted this sort of comment about a group of minorities id be banned.

Technology is backward, education is backward, the style of thinking is backward, topped of with rude, and anti social people.

I agree with you somewhat. The education system is destroying this country making leftist academics with no idea about reality, run the place.

You know here in university, there are barely any aussies attending, it's basically "foreigners" who make up the majority of the university population, "true ausseis" make up a small percentage of people in university, not surprising, since you wouldn't get in.
And it's not asians or arabs, it mainly folks from eastern europe, russia etc, who are attending.

The government here has a limited budget which it funds schools. Full fee paying positions are created. Many Australians believe that you are stealing positions from them which creates resentment. This is simply not true to a great extended although I'm sure there are cases where non citizens are taking positions from citizens which imo is wrong.

I go to Swinburne University btw, which is a 2nd tier school, i could get into a 1st top tier school, but it's pretty expensive, just like everything else in this country plus Swin has a destination i want to study abroad at anyways, the AUD dollar is nearly equal to the USD, yet things here are 300% more expensive in australia, it's ridiculous.

Yes we have an expensive social system and very high taxes to pay for it. You're coming to Australia too study should be welcoming but the MSM here seems to love to create division within communities. You can blame MSM for much of the bad treatment you receive here. If Australians where aware just how dire our population crisis is and the need for things like the 'baby bonus' and a larger, younger, workforce, people would be warmer for sure. So many morons just do not know the low birth rate figures and the aging population here is so bad.

It should be pretty much the same price as the US, maybe even cheaper since the AUD was stronger than the USD, for some time a few months ago.
Schooling is $10k+ without books, im just glad i got in with an academic scholarship, now it's just 3k for the books.

US is one of the lowest taxed countries. I've got friends in LA who complain about paying 10% taxes or there abouts. Its hilarious, imagine if they came here and started paying 33-49% tax. They'd all have a heart attack overnight. But remember, USA and Australian are very different. Australia is a much much safe country to live in. We have very low crime rates compared to the US because our social system is not designed to create crime. In the US people are also more divided as far as education. Australia has the best literacy level in the world, which is probably statistically wrong these days because of immigrants who refuse to learn English, ahah

So this country would be nothing without foreigners, other than low I.Q'd tradies, extremely rude, dumbass patriots who drape that ugly looking flag on their backs for a cape, and the other anti social people.

You're quiet wrong there. Tradesmen are the people who actually do stuff. Everybody else is just a utility for providing basic needs. If nobody build you home, maintained your car and electronics, feed you, powered your home, plumbed your home, etc, you would live in a tent or a hut in the desert. Sounds rather third world doesn't it.

I think you just have a chip on your shoulder and im sorry if a group of people have made you feel less than welcome. We are not all this way.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Well it's not really an attack on australians, since i didn't say anything in relation to them being the dumbest, i simply said the dumbest people live here.
Australia is basically the westboro baptist church, the congregation.

The education system makes no one a leftist liberal, if anything, it makes them hypocritical false liberals, no one here is liberal.
I've lived here for many horrible, long years, that is not the case.
A day in australia is 48 hours, it's long, time is stagnant here, im just waiting for it to end so i can study abroad, and transfer, sadly im going to have to wait till Jan2014 before i can, at least i can save up some cash though.

How is it possible for someone to steal a position from an australian when they are not even qualified to even work in that position, there are barely any "Aussie" Doctors, like i said, aussies mainly do trades.

I didn't come here to study, ive been living here for 12 years.

Australia isn't a safer country, it's a lot more dangerous than the US, if you say something wrong to an aussie, arab or anyone else, here, not even that, but even as so much as prove them wrong, they will refuse to acknowledge it, and then proceed to fight you, or "u wanna go mate"?
And Australia has been ranked as the worlds most violent country, second to some arab country.

Tradesmen do nothing, biomeds heal people, tradies never made vaccines or cures, anyone can build a house, just get some wood bam bam and your done, anyone can plumb, just get a spanner some nuts and bolts, bam bam your done, etc.

I don't have a chip on my shoulder, australia is just a damn awful place to live, there is nothing good about this place, im simply pointing it out, your blind patriotic-ness disallows you from seeing this.
God forbid criticizing any country other than the united states, thats just insanity right?

Not that im saying this is fact, i speak for myself, australia just isn't a good place to live if you have ambition in life, if your plan is to get married, live in a white picket, boring tradesmen life watching that god awful "footy" and meat pies, then by all means more power to ya.

edit on 4-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

Is there a "Get him outta here" site I can donate to so you can leave faster???

What a whinger.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Well if your offering to donate some money so i can leave this scum hole, then im more than happy to accept it.

Funny thing you think im a "whinger", guess you've never heard australians talk huh?
Pointing the finger much?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

I'm with you on that and I agree with you 100%.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Well if your offering to donate some money so i can leave this scum hole, then im more than happy to accept it.

Funny thing you think im a "whinger", guess you've never heard australians talk huh?

Nah mate, I've just lived here for 50 years..

But it's odd that you have stayed here for 12 with that attitude..
Obviously there's something you want from Australia..

BTW, what nationality are you that is so much smarter than the average Australian??

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You are lying there my friend.

Australia is NOT voted the most violent nation in the world.

Where the bloody hell did you get that stat from?

Last time I checked the most violent of all nations happen to be in the Middle East; of the Western world, the UK is number one of the most violent nation!

Australia is 8th in the world as the most educated on earth. The USA comes in 14th.

I do my homework.....you should try it sometime!

Many Australians like to piss me off sometimes too but they are our ANZAC brothers and sisters. When SHTF, we UNITE mate. Got it?

You don't like it mate? Go home!

edit on 4-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Why go home?
Thats the thing, i was born on Earth period, i can criticize, and live where i like.
Im not going home, im going to where i choose to live.

Typo on my part, well really more of a Freudian slip.
But australia HAS and is indeed the developed worlds most violent country.

Australias University graduation rates are 30-50%,
Only 1-3 undergrads actually graduate.
I always do homework, im studying mathematics right now, it's not even for school, just extra learning to build up grey matter.

Australians aren't my brothers lolWUT??

See thats the thing, if i point out why and how australia is bad, the response is always "go home", you refuse to acknowledge it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Nah mate, I've just lived here for 50 years..

But it's odd that you have stayed here for 12 with that attitude..
Obviously there's something you want from Australia..

BTW, what nationality are you that is so much smarter than the average Australian??

I'm Earthian.

I've lived here for 12 years, because i don't have a degree yet, i cant get a job as a biochemist anywhere, till i get the degree, degree's are a form of I.D, that is accepted world wide.
For everything else theres mastercard.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

See thats the thing, if i point out why and how australia is bad, the response is always "go home", you refuse to acknowledge it.

Yes but only when someone rants away with zero facts to backup their claims..

Like you are aware that just last week Melbourne was voted the world's most liveable city??
Hardly a cesspool of violence and morons.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Yes but only when someone rants away with zero facts to backup their claims..

Like you are aware that just last week Melbourne was voted the world's most liveable city??
Hardly a cesspool of violence and morons.

Melbourne is definitely not the worlds most liveable city, i wouldn't say it's a cesspool, it's a clean place, but it's backward, the buildings are old, not exactly nice to look at.
The people are anti social, rude and cold, the weather is terrible, there is nothing to do here, technology is backward, the internet is slow, how is that liveable?
Who even votes it the most liveable city?
Do people with intellectual limitations vote it as the move liveable, have those people even lived here to make such a claim?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This was the link i was trying to find.
Britain, Australia top U.S. in violent crime

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I don't know how they came up with Melbourne.......Sydney is the best place to be; I'd vote Perth as 2nd.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

You talking rubbish again.

Let me make it quite clear. I too am an immigrant here, I've lived here in Australia 30 years and I love the Aussie culture, their funny quirkiness and dry bloody humour.

If any immigrant does'nt like Australia, let me know and I'll email you a map from your town or city to your nearest international airport anywhere in Australia.

The Australians are the most charitable and tolerant of all nations on earth. If you live in an area that is flooded or burnt down......you are going to count your lucky stars you have Australian neighbours to help you out no matter who you are. You won't find that in India, Pakistan or any of the Arab nations.

Just because you were born on this planet, it does'nt give you a green card in to this country.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

You talking rubbish again.

Let me make it quite clear. I too am an immigrant here, I've lived here in Australia 30 years and I love the Aussie culture, their funny quirkiness and dry bloody humour.
Australians are rude and anti social.

If any immigrant does'nt like Australia, let me know and I'll email you a map from your town or city to your nearest international airport anywhere in Australia.

The Australians are the most charitable and tolerant of all nations on earth. If you live in an area that is flooded or burnt down......you are going to count your lucky stars you have Australian neighbours to help you out no matter who you are. You won't find that in India, Pakistan or any of the Arab nations.

Just because you were born on this planet, it does'nt give you a green card in to this country.

I can say the same for you, that's "rubbish".
Australian's have no "quirkiness or "humour", i've lived here long enough, to form my opinion.
There is no culture in australia, this country is a joke, australians never help anyone, where on earth did you get that from?
I know my way to the airport, and im eagerly awaiting to go there, and be on a one way ticket, and get the hell out of australia.

The degree is what gives me the pass not a green card

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I don't have a chip on my shoulder, australia is just a damn awful place to live, there is nothing good about this place, im simply pointing it out, your blind patriotic-ness disallows you from seeing this.

wow. you are really ungrateful
you don't deserve to live in such a nice place.
Maybe instead of whining about how bad your life is, you could spare a thought for people living in third world countries with no clean drinking water or food.

It's not us- its you that is rude and anti social.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Thats the thing
You compare australia to a 3rd world country, why?
Australia has better living standards than a 3rd world country, but there are many 1st world countries that are much better to live in than australia.

Nope, it's you, just acknowledge it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join