It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artist Stephen Sawyer gives Jesus the Chuck Norris makeover

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Sorry i meant romans 12:21...

"do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good"

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by molonlabe

Nice.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

My first reactions are: This is not art it is christian book store t-shirt material. Then.. it's just dumb. Why would he be "modern" in his dress etc. but not in his hair style and facial hair grooming? Because he would just look like a regular (white?) guy (with a tattoo that even my gay friends would deem "a little faggy").

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I always imagined Jesus to be fairly well muscled.

After all, He was a carpenter by trade, He walked everywhere and was frequently on the move, He also carried a heavy cross about half a mile, after being tortured to the point where he was hardly recognisable as a man.

Also, in St John's Revelation of Jesus Christ, it talks of a future Jesus as personally killing millions of enemy soldiers and wearing a robe dipped in their blood (which ran like a river as high as the bridle of a horse). Hardly the meek, mild Jesus that western art often portrays.

He is also described as being rather plain, being nothing particularly attractive to look on.

I would also guess that He would be Semitic in appearance.

And He would never have a tattoo because it is against Gods law (Leviticus 19:28).

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

My first reactions are: This is not art it is christian book store t-shirt material. Then.. it's just dumb. Why would he be "modern" in his dress etc. but not in his hair style and facial hair grooming? Because he would just look like a regular (white?) guy (with a tattoo that even my gay friends would deem "a little faggy").

so basically your calling his father a fag,,
or jesus,, which is it?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
just healed last month

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with modern or more muscular portrayals of Christ. Christ has many attributes and it is good for humanity to recognize them all.

This, too, is Christ:
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law." -Matt. 10: 35-35

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Mate

It doesn't look to me like he's shadow boxing with the holy spirit.

Expressions of violence or implications thereof in religion probably isn't the right avenue to go down and I'd be fairly sure that it goes against the intent of the whole religious concept.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Thanks! This was fun.

Yep, my Lord can whip your lord-- and Chuck Norris-- Texas Ranger-- is on his side just in case!

I have a problem with the wimpy Hollywood Jesus, not to mention the blonde hair and blue eyed portrayals.

He is a man's man. If I am seated at the Great Wedding Feast, my table will have steak, Tex-Mex, ice cold beer and an after dinner cigar on a porch. The Hollywood types would have a salad, diet Pepi, and complain about the smoke.

I never saw it, but knew a priest who claimed to have had an issue with his Bishop because he had a tattoo before he was ordained. Supposedly it is the Blessed Virgin Mary over his heart, and underneath, it says, "Mom." I love it! And if it isn't true, it ought to be.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

He will win

top topics

<< 1   >>

join