It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most propersous state in the Union .. RIGHT NOW ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

A Clash Fan

and

A Rick the Slick Dick Perry fan???

That is like a PETA member who likes to hack up dogs with shards of glass

All we need is Bush the III

Too bad Obama ruined the II's success

edit on 31-8-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I wouldnt really call my state "Prosperous"

Study finds one of every four Texas children lives in poverty

AUSTIN — Texas is home to one of every six new children added to the nation's poverty rolls, and the state continues to have the highest rate of uninsured children, according to a KIDS COUNT report released Wednesday.

According to the report:

• One of every four Texas children lives in poverty.

• More than 600,000 Texas children have at least one unemployed parent who is looking for work.

• One of every four Texas preschoolers is not read to regularly, putting Texas last in the country.

• Texas has the highest percentage of low-wage jobs in the country.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I wonder how many illegal aliens Texas has. How many of them apply for assistance and thus get counted?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
reply to post by sayiamu

A Clash Fan

and

A Rick the Slick Dick Perry fan???

That is like a PETA member who likes to hack up dogs with shards of glass

All we need is Bush the III

Too bad Obama ruined the II's success

edit on 31-8-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

Perry would be Bush the IV. Obama has followed in Bush's footsteps with the war, patriot act, the economy and so on. One may call themselves a democrat and the other a republican, but I have yet to see any major differences.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Rick Perry is the only legitimate shot we have to defeat Obama....

or perhaps Romney ... but again ... if you want someone who is already proving his salt by leading a state to success... Rick Perry is the one!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamu
Rick Perry is the only legitimate shot we have to defeat Obama....

or perhaps Romney ... but again ... if you want someone who is already proving his salt by leading a state to success... Rick Perry is the one!

That is the problem with people with your line of thinking. Your goal isn't to find a good president; it's to simply defeat the standing one. At any cost. You realize how ridiculous that sounds?

I'm a Ron Paul supporter who will vote for Obama if Dr. Paul doesn't get into the primary. There are many, many, many democrats who are thinking the same way. To think some hack like Perry has any cross-section appeal is just silly.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Perry WILL NOT get independent votes, Obama WILL.

Ron Paul WILL over Obama.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Anybody that would vote for Obama is an utter fool. Especially someone whose first choice is RP. Without meaning to sound insulting, I wonder about your thinking process. Why would you want more of these failed policies?

You say "Your goal isn't to find a good president; it's to simply defeat the standing one", yet it appears that your goal isn't to find a good president, it's to simply vote anti-Republican.
edit on 2-9-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Track Record = Perry

Ability to Win = Perry

Christian morals and guidelight? = Perry

next president? = Perry

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

We can only hope, my friend.

If he is the nominee, he will win over Obama, I think. But one thing bothers me with Republicans in the past few years.. they are too afraid to hit hard. That's what I like about Bachmann and Palin -- they attack and go for the throat. Donald Trump was that way also. But none of them have any chance, imo. I don't know how tough Perry is.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Rick Perry is a RINO. he is another McCain.
The guy is fake and will do anything to get elected. He supported Hillarycare and Al Gore...'nuff said.

RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

And who is second worst in Education?

Thats right, Texas.

Don't you want your president to come from one of the dumbest states?

Case closed.

Gota add, Texas has money cuz they have oil. You could stick a sock puppet in the Gov. office (see Perry) and as long as petro prices stay high, they'll do all right.

Perry has decimated the education system in Texas, mortgaging our future for short term gain.

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I thought California has oil too but are they expanding drilling to increase state revenue? No, the environmentalists are worried about oil spills offshore so they would rather have large natural oil spills. California has a 25 billion budget problem and oil just like Texas. Maybe not nearly as much but states need to generate what revenue they can. Different economic policies result in different economic outcomes. Which state is more business friendly and has been adding more jobs? We need to go with what works in this country instead of supporting politicians who support a bigger government that will require more of our tax money to pay more beauracrats. I know very little about Perry so far. He could be like one of the former Bushes who extended the drilling ban offshore. Hopefully people won't be idiots and will read where politicians stand on different issues before they vote and elect those who know how to grow the US economy rather than our government.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

I actually dont think this is true.
What are you considering that makes you think they are the most prosperous state?
Also.. something about a fan of the Clash supporting Rick Perry seems immoral.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Cuervo

Anybody that would vote for Obama is an utter fool. Especially someone whose first choice is RP. Without meaning to sound insulting, I wonder about your thinking process. Why would you want more of these failed policies?

You say "Your goal isn't to find a good president; it's to simply defeat the standing one", yet it appears that your goal isn't to find a good president, it's to simply vote anti-Republican.

You think a person who chose Obama over McCain is an "utter fool"? I would say the opposite. I, for one, do not think Obama is even a terrible president; he's simply very disappointing. The logic behind voting RP is simple: I am a states rights person. I believe the more decentralized we are, the better. Other than that, I don't care what RP does as long as he ends foreign occupation with our military. Anybody who would support any GOP candidate besides Dr. Paul is an "utter fool" therefore, if he does not make it into the primaries, Obama will get my vote (as with many other liberals).

Bottom line, if any other candidate besides Ron Paul gets in, you are losing any potential lefty voters you could have had. GOP will not have a sitting president in the White House without those voters. Like it or not, Obama has many supporters still.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Star for you new friend. Unfortunately the GOP and Tea Party don't really want what the say they want that's all the default.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I believe I'd have to vote California over Texas. They have Moonbeam and a herd of cats in Sacramento fiddling with things like:

Babysitters to get Benefits??

While their state deals with:

California grapples with 25 Billion dollar "Budget Issue"

Rick Perry is certainly a character and his own speeches are quickly driving me to support anyone running against him within the GOP....assuming Dr. Paul doesn't take it all the way of course. While California can really spend time and precious resources they don't have on matters as outright trivial as this, they earn the top prize. Illinois probably follows a very CLOSE runner up.

I have to agree with you on part of this, just not the Perry or Paul part (although if forced I'd pick Paul)
IMO, there's no one currently that's qualified to run this nation and that includes Obama.

To add insult to injury California, is legalizing illegal immigrant students for state funded college aid. I was thinking maybe our Governor Jerry Brown, would have made a good candidate until he pulled the following:

AB130 Part I
AB131 This is Part II & the problem

So for the first time on "which idiot will you vote for day", I'll be working and I refuse to vote because my choice is no where to be found. Besides, as long as the electoral exists, we'll never have who we want in office

edit on 9/3/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
We are doing well in spite of Rick Perry, not because of him. Seriously, man. Live here and you'll find out the truth.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

You think a person who chose Obama over McCain is an "utter fool"? I would say the opposite.

I can forgive 2008 Obama voters. But 2012 voters for Obama are fools. I would have hoped that would have been obvious from our previous conversation.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

What gives him the ability to win? What constitutes his track record?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join