It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War declared on Tea Party

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No you're not. I know thinking so ay legitimize your beliefs in this "organization" but I'm afraid it doesn't.
The tea party was spoken out against.. as usual. It does not constitute war.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The war thing was the heading of the article. I saw it on several different forums. The Black Caucus was very rude to the Tea Party.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Probably.. Still just mean words.
I authored a thread for tea partiers and beezzer here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Just my opinion, but its what I've needed to say for a while.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Thanks. I jogged over there and read your post. I am giving your suggestions and ideas genuine consideration. I just know one thing, our country cannot continue down the destructive path we are on. People thought Barack would bring change, and he did, and is, but not the kind Tea Partiers want.

I am really wondering what the NWO has in store for us now. I read an article today that says that China has plans to possibly launch a missile strike against the US. If Barack has truly been disarming us as he said he would, I worry about our capabilities under a strike or crisis from China. The focus has truly been taken off the defense of America and is on supposedly helping another nation sort out its problems. It's not even a threat of communism, as it was in the Cold War. The Libya thing is really bogus and a redirection of our military capabilities.

www.worldaffairsjournal.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

The war thing was the heading of the article. I saw it on several different forums. The Black Caucus was very rude to the Tea Party.

Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....
Really???
How mean!
Should i say "Unbelievable for a member of the black caucus"?
or "Have you no shame, black caucus"?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I agree their needs to be change. I just think tea partiers are being misdirected. As for that threat you mentioned I read that thread. I think we remain capable against all threats (we better considering the money we all spend). I dont think much of our resources are going to libya or the other wars for that matter. Besides if the NWO is something that exists their vested aren't in destroying major country's interests.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by narwahl

Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....
Really???
How mean!
Should i say "Unbelievable for a member of the black caucus"?
or "Have you no shame, black caucus"?

I was just putting it politely so jerks don't act jerky not unlike your sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownSoldier

You don't want any of YOUR money taken away, but you are more than happy to volunteer someone else's hard earned money. Sounds a lot like a tax and spend liberal to me instead of a wholesome, down to Earth, middle American conservative to me.

Me personally. I would go with a national sales tax. The less you spend, the less tax you pay, the more you spend, the more tax you pay. It would be fair and equitable.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

national sales tax is my choise as well. Check out fairtax.org

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I prefer a national sales tax...but only on products that are't American made. This gives incentive for job creation here instead of third world countries...which we soon will be if you don't do something about our trade policies.

I also believe tax rates should be returned to where they were during Clinton.

Cripes people, this # isn't that difficult. It's greedy scum that is keeping us from fixing our economy.
edit on 3-9-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

You know, that's not a bad idea at all. A hefty sales tax on goods imported into the US and no sales tax on goods made in the US. I do like that idea.

Cause you can't actually tax these multinational corporations anything, the TEA Party will throw a hissy fit thinking that we are punishing the precious "job creators" (You know, the guys who make billions in profit each and every quarter but don't create jack squat for jobs, the guys that Ron Paul will love and protect to his dying day.)

That way you can lower the tax on companies that make goods within the US and raise taxes on companies that manufacture goods OUTSIDE the US.

Sounds fair to me.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

You know, that's not a bad idea at all. A hefty sales tax on goods imported into the US and no sales tax on goods made in the US. I do like that idea.

I love the idea. It's essentially a tariff...but realistically it's consumers taxing themselves for buying non american made products.... which they should because it's hurting our economy and job growth. And at the same time, this money can go straight to deficit reduction or saving vital social programs that people desperately need right now. The only thing that i think we should avoid on imported sales taxes is food.

The number one issue is jobs....we get people back to work and the rest will start to take care of itself.

We need to support our country and citizens, not corporations.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I prefer a national sales tax...but only on products that are't American made. This gives incentive for job creation here instead of third world countries...which we soon will be if you don't do something about our trade policies.

I also believe tax rates should be returned to where they were during Clinton.

Cripes people, this # isn't that difficult. It's greedy scum that is keeping us from fixing our economy.

Really? Well how do you calculate tax on a Toyota?

How about products who have all subassemblies built overseas and are shipped back here for final assembly? That's a procedure followed by many American businessmen.

Isolationism is a sure path to economic suicide.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Therefore, the war. They will fight for every needy person, every dependent person, because without them, their own existence can't be justified.

Just my take on it.

Yours?

What passes for conservatism in the 21st century of the US is crass self-centeredness dressed up as an ideology. Do what you want, but don't expect there to be ongoing acceptance of that kind of thing. There are those who've fallen that can recover, and there are those who will never recover, and a society that doesn't plan for both, with a means to serve both, will inevitably be destroyed by those healthy, strong people who love the folks who've been neglected by that society. We're dangerously close to the same tipping point that's taken down Egypt, is taking down Libya, and has its sights set on several European democracies.

The average American has much less capacity for discomfort than those folks of the Middle East or Europe. Hell, Americans kill each other over sneakers and Internet insults. If your conservative utopia is installed here, you wouldn't survive the weekend. The folks that you dismiss as dead weight would fillet you just to watch you scream. Just so long as you've been able to remove any incentive for them to not do so. And this is where you coffee achievers fail in your "I got mine, go get yours" mentality. If you get your way, you've eliminated all that keeps them from coming for you and your children. Hell, you think you're better, or more successful that them? If those losers decide to, they can and will eliminate all possibilities of you ever achieving anything ever again in this life. Crack a history book and learn about how many times it's happened in just the last 200 years.

Government is not a business venture. Government is the gathered wealth and strength of the society itself - the entire society - in service of the whole of that society's survival. It's not about GDP or bond ratings. It's about the society, as a whole, being served by what that society has pitched in and allocated - in terms of assets and capacity in general - for everyone who is a member of that society. While the many poor get a safety net (in terms of food, shelter, and programs to help them advance their circumstances) the wealthy few get a much larger safety net (in terms of adequate prevention against the radicalization of the poor majority by way of easing their immediate circumstances and offering them the chance to improve their lot and the future of their children). Just that small possibility has allowed the US to survive terrible stretches over the last couple centuries. In the 30s, Roosevelt saw that a stipend for elderly people, who were literally starving in the streets, was needed to prevent the Communists from radicalizing the sons and grandsons of those elderly folks, and he was right. We survived that close call, but it wasn't by much.

If this balance falters, the wealthy will have the most to lose, and the angry white guy will lose everything. And if these "wannabe wealthy" think that the poor are to be trifled with, do some research on other middle-to-upper middle class (merchant and skilled labor) segments of prior societies that imagined the same of their poor. The world's uber-rich (Warren Buffet and a few others) have recently published statements in favor of increasing their own taxes. In the US and in Europe. This isn't because they care. This is because they don't want to lose everything that they, their fathers, and grandfathers worked so hard to build over so many decades to the foolishness of media shills that are pandering to pissed off middle managers and Willie Lowman sales losers over their car radios.

Let's hope that the US doesn't have to experience those spreading riots and insurgencies before it realizes that the underclass isn't really "under" anything. They're walking right outside, and peeking in the windows - waiting for someone to wake up and stop trying to get them hopeless enough to finally attack and take down everything.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Conservative Utopia, that's pretty funny. Utopia has always been associated with the collectivist view of the perfect society and the Tea Party stands for individual liberties and limited govt. The official Republican Party has been watered down to what once was the conservative Democrat side, and the Democrat Party has been reduced to what was always considered far left.
Funny how the left demonized Palin and McCain, who himself was the most liberal of Republicans, and the Tea Party got mad at Sarah when she campaigned for McCain in Az.
By the way, Soros donated to the McCain campaign. Funny thing that...

People on the left have to criticize people further right because the further left you go in the party the closer you are Democrat.
edit on 3-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

I love the idea. It's essentially a tariff...but realistically it's consumers taxing themselves for buying non american made products.... which they should because it's hurting our economy and job growth.

So, do you think that the government is actually taxing you when you buy stuff? If so, then the corporate media has properly trained you. The government taxes the seller, not the buyer, but it allows the seller to make you pay it as long as the seller alerts you to the fact that you're paying that tax for them. Of course, that requires the seller to fool you into thinking that the tax is owed by you. It's not. Taxes are owed by people who make money. Not by people who have to spend money. That's a merchant class lie that we've all bought into. Hell, businesses get to deduct their purchases from their tax burden. Think about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Yes, it's a tax. That is why you pay it at the register. It's called a "sales tax". The corporation does pass on its costs to the consumer however. That is why higher corporate taxes are completely stupid and Democrats are liars for pushing that while calling tax breaks corporate welfare.

A sales tax is a consumption tax, usually paid by the consumer at the point of purchase, itemized separately from the base price, for certain goods and services. The tax amount is usually calculated by applying a percentage rate to the taxable price of a sale.
A portion of the sale may be exempt from the calculation of tax, because sales tax laws usually contain a list of exemptions. Laws governing the tax may require it to be included in the price (tax-inclusive) or added to the price at the point of sale.
Most sales taxes are collected from the buyer by the seller, who remits the tax to a government agency. Sales taxes are commonly charged on sales of goods, but many sales taxes are also charged on sales of services. Advantages that a sales tax generally has over other forms of taxation are that it is difficult to avoid, and simple to calculate and collect.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Conservative Utopia, that's pretty funny. Utopia has always been associated with the collectivist view of the perfect society and the Tea Party stands for individual liberties and limited govt. The official Republican Party has been watered down to what once was the conservative Democrat side, and the Democrat Party has been reduced to what was always considered far left.
Funny how the left demonized Palin and McCain, who himself was the most liberal of Republicans, and the Tea Party got mad at Sarah when she campaigned for McCain in Az.
By the way, Soros donated to the McCain campaign. Funny thing that...

People on the left have to criticize people further right because the further left you go in the party the closer you are Democrat.

If you get your way, and everyone has to fend for themselves, then the poor will simply come for you and what you think you can protect. And why not? You want it to be a free-for-all, with the fittest surviving. Let's see how long you survive in that kind of world.

The cops couldn't even stop the looting and killing in New Orleans, and the mercenaries didn't do much better. They couldn't even contain Baghdad. They sure as hell could never contain Manhattan if the gloves came off between you and those folks that you want out there fending for themselves. That kind of thing launched the gangs in LA and Chicago. Strength in numbers, and no incentive to not do whatever the hell they felt like doing to whomever they felt like doing it to. Your USA would lose its police force in a few weeks and its military in less than 6 months. Its economy would never recover from the endless violence and disruptions of shipping (stuff "falling off trucks" all over the country).

You only have a job as a result of the fact that the disenfranchised still have a small faith in the possibility that your Tea Party agenda hasn't got a chance of becoming the way our entire society is run. If your wonderland ever started threatening the real world of this nation, you folks would be hung on bridges from one end of the country to the other.

Hell, you don't think that they're watching whatever progress you people are having in state and local elections? You honestly think that because you bought a few Glocks since Obama was elected, that they haven't got you all dialed in? You were sleeping through the 8 years of GW Bush. They weren't. They didn't arm themselves in front of new crews (like you folks did), but do you think that means that after 2003, that they didn't go about their own preparations?

They see you Tea Partiers as the street marketing team for the malignant people they've been lining up in their sights for years, and you've done nothing - to date - to change that view of who and what you are in a "net result" sense of what your demands bring to the situation. The friend of my enemy, and all that.

If you folks really aren't the street team members of the corporate elite, then maybe you need to do something about your PR strategy. If you are, then good luck if you ever accomplish anything at all. You'll really need it.
edit on 9/3/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yes, it's a tax. That is why you pay it at the register. It's called a "sales tax". The corporation does pass on its costs to the consumer however. That is why higher corporate taxes are completely stupid and Democrats are liars for pushing that while calling tax breaks corporate welfare.

A sales tax is a consumption tax, usually paid by the consumer at the point of purchase, itemized separately from the base price, for certain goods and services. The tax amount is usually calculated by applying a percentage rate to the taxable price of a sale.
A portion of the sale may be exempt from the calculation of tax, because sales tax laws usually contain a list of exemptions. Laws governing the tax may require it to be included in the price (tax-inclusive) or added to the price at the point of sale.
Most sales taxes are collected from the buyer by the seller, who remits the tax to a government agency. Sales taxes are commonly charged on sales of goods, but many sales taxes are also charged on sales of services. Advantages that a sales tax generally has over other forms of taxation are that it is difficult to avoid, and simple to calculate and collect.

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe we should target one large corporation per 6 month period - start with those who've off-shored their work force - and simply dry up all their sales forever (and they'd save millions on those regressive sales taxes that they're forced to collect from us, so that they won't have to pay them for themselves). Just crater the entire company, and force those executives and their small staffs (the only Americans who work for many of these corporations) to find jobs in the real world. Fend for themselves, in a sense.

If they want to play rough, then why not. Charge us with their additional tax burden? Fine. We'll ease that tax burden immediately. No sales. No profits. No taxes.

Gosh, that was easy.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I have never recommended a "free for all" in any way. That is anarchy and chaos which is what we saw in N Orleans.

I don't know what else to say about your post other than it wasn't that way before Socialism came to the States. The N Orleans situation represented a point where everyone was trying to survive during an extreme situation. No respectable person would ever suggest such a thing. I am for personal responsibility, not making others responsible for our actions.

I might add that you have a very peculiar and bizarre way of thinking I just cannot relate to, and also you make a lot of erroneous assumptions. You also do not seem to grasp the basics of American history. Are you American? Are you recently in America or living in a foreign country? Any person understanding the history of the American Revolution can easily grasp the concept of the Tea Party as related to the Boston Tea Party where colonials dumped tea into the harbor as a protest against the taxation of the British, and of course even that tax was far less than the outrageous income tax of today.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join