It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security has visited my website! Time to worry?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Without revealing too much about this particular website, I was checking stats to see if a certain business was looking over my website, one which I sent a job application to. Anyway, I found that Homeland Security had visited my website. This is some information I recovered about their visit.

Search Referral: images.search.yahoo.com
Host Name: sbcp2.dhs.gov
Browser: IE 8.0
IP Address: 216.81.94.69 — [Label IP Address]
Operating System: WinXP
Resolution: 1680x1050
Returning Visits: 0
Javascript: Enabled
Visit Length: 0 seconds
ISP: Department Of Homeland Security

Although they seemed to have gone through a Yahoo image search, one that seemed unrelated to my website, the page they landed on contain this text.

"I just edited this part out, read the reason why is in a post further down!"

Perhaps I'm red flagged and now on the list. They will dig deeper I now suspect.

Just putting this out there for some practical advice.

Thanks for your comments in advance.

edit on 28-8-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Edited due to paranoia

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
best be prepared for worst case scenario..

perhaps a living will is in order?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
lol probly to track and watch your site who knows

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I would like to believe someone at DHS was bored and visited the website for the interesting content, but I really doubt it.

I've made a number of suspect comments here at ATS, worse than on my website by far.

Maybe I should be paranoid now.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It does read visit length 0 seconds so maybe it was just a mistake to click on your page. What other information is on your page that may be of interest to them (and us)?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
One day I followed some links and ended up at a negitive government site, I read for a while, then my computer started acting weird and I left for a bit. I came back and was no longer able to access any .gov web page not even my home page earthquake.usgs.gov...
I tried for a couple days and everything worked unless I tried any .gov site and they would give me and error. I talked to my Brother-inlaw and asked for help as he makes programs for the gov. he said he had never heard of such a thing.
After about a week my whole computer went kaput and I had to have windows re-installed.
I do believe I may have been tagged already when a few years ago my sister was involved with a problem in So. America, outr phones went dead when we spoke about it on the phone several times and once we heard a clicking noise and when we e-mailed each other our mail returned to us during that period.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Char-Lee because: sp

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I wonder how many times ats has been visited by homeland security and other 3 letter agencies?

Out of interest what was the image of that led them to your site?

I wouldn't worry about your comments on here unless they are really extreme hardcore views.. They see this anti goverment stuff all the time.. 9 times out of 10 then will just laugh at it.
edit on 28/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Don't worry. The military and DHS have tracked me for ages. I used to get more hits from .mil than anywhere else.

It's very common. At least for me and everyone I know.
I think they probably have spiders that collect everything sorta like Google does. JMO.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The visit length was only 0 seconds. Maybe it wasn't someone browsing your site, but rather, something.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I just removed the quote (from my website) from this post. I did so because it lead straight to my website on google, some thing I thought would happen, however, worse than that, google instantly spidered the ATS post I just made, something that would take weeks on my website if I added new content! That is incredible to me, close to impossible coincidence. I'm freaking now.

edit on 28-8-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: clairity

edit on 28-8-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
I would like to believe someone at DHS was bored and visited the website for the interesting content, but I really doubt it.

I've made a number of suspect comments here at ATS, worse than on my website by far.

Maybe I should be paranoid now.

If you have done nothing illegal and have nothing to hide.....I wouldn't worry about it....they periodically probably check up on most people.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Don't freak. You have freedom of speech in America.
Just don't do anything to hurt anyone.

And have your say.
Maybe if it causes an individual to read your words, they are only human too, even if they wear a uniform or have a badge - so maybe if it is worth saying, they need to hear it too.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You have no freedoms or rights on their inter-net. To find out whether you have actually done anything that is illegal in your country or not is not why they spy.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Google just spidered ATS again! It is now the first two out of four search results for the quote I just removed. What is up?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

One of my favorite quotes which is quite apropos...

"When even one American — who has done nothing wrong — is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril." ~ Harry S. Truman

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Google is always on top of ATS posts within seconds of making a new thread. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

ATS maintains serveral servers that instantly put you posts in Google.

Lighten up Francis.

A "0" second visit?

If they really want you...

They MAY knock.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
A good choice to move this post to The Gray Area semperfortis. That makes sense to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
Google just spidered ATS again! It is now the first two out of four search results for the quote I just removed. What is up?

The more I think about it,....the more I am wondering what is happening. I just went into my security history and there have been high and medium risk intrusion alerts....that certain IP addresses were trying to get past my firewall etc. These intrusions were all blocked and they could not get though.

So...anyway...I looked up several of these addresses and they originate from China, Russia and Hong kong.....I am thinking...what is up with that!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
if you are putting stuff on your website that you don't want 'persons' to see ....
then you don't know 'yet' how the internet works (or doesn't work)
ergo .. you shouldn't have a website ... Stop.

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join