It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul 8/28 Interview On Fox News With Chris Wallace

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Actually ur wrong. That poll u showed was only republican BS poll, as we've already seen him place in the top in plenty of polls, thats the thing about these it matters who's conducting them.

You r also wrong about him being unelectable nationally, which is a obviously a lie as there have been numerous head to head polls against Obama and he is consistantly the closest out of all republicans.

And all that fluff of campaign managing has nothing to do with the media never giving positive connotations on the guy.

So we do need all the luck so stop bullshtn.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by airjoker88

What you will see is his own party soundly rejecting him in the next few months.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Um, that's what they've been doing, but not soundly. And if you haven't noticed alot of the GOP candidates are now trying to use the same verbatim that Ron Paul has been saying for the past 30 years.When the people slowly start to realize that, which we will... It will only further Pauls Integrity and get people to notice. You can see its slowly coming to fruition.

Now is the time where we as people can possibly have a say or feel connected to candidate, I mean look where the guy has gotten now. In 2008 he was saying the EXACT same things(you can actually find interviews in 88 saying the EXACT same things, that's whats amazing). But People where trying to right him off as "crazy""fringe"(it's funny the power of words on the psyche). BUT everything he has said has happened. Research the guy, and you will learn more than watching 1 video.

Don't you think it's slightly amazing that this guy is has gotten this big, not by what anyone else has portrayed him as or tried to convince you of, but that people willingly believe in this guy, cuz he has an certain quality to him to that's rarely been seen in politics. As the saying goes by people "Dr. Ron Paul cured my political apathy".

Why try to fight it, but become part of it! Regardless of the good or bad it's time to shake up politics. And saying you know the outcome, well sure why not, but see if you can change your energy, even though you think you know whats gunna happen, and spread it. It can't get any worse, and you'll never know until you try.

PS: Also You never hear a "um" every 2 seconds.... This guy drops information, because he is extremely knowledgeable and not some cookie cutter scripted tv show.
edit on 30-8-2011 by airjoker88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

A few things.

I like him as a human, but disagree with most of his policies and his "world view"... no chance of me becoming a supporter of RP the pol.

Also, I find it... well... both encouraging and a bit depressing that RP supporters can't see that he's not got a shot... it's one thing to support a fringe pol. knowing they haven't got a shot; it's a completely different thing o see a guy polling at 6% and thinking, "people are gonna wake up"... and it's even more depressing to think that all these RP fans think he doesn't have a chance due to a conspiracy....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I like him as a human, but disagree with most of his policies and his "world view"... no chance of me becoming a supporter of RP the pol.
Can you be specific and explain what policies you disagree with him on? I only ask because most people who oppose him don't really have too many good reasons and very rarely name more than a few issues that they believe he is wrong on.

What do you mean by his world view as well? His stance on foreign policy?

Also just a heads up Ron Paul has three interviews on MSM networks tonight, and there are over 10 debates left. Giving up hope this early is pathetic.
edit on 30-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

A few things.

Also, I find it... well... both encouraging and a bit depressing that RP supporters can't see that he's not got a shot... it's one thing to support a fringe pol. knowing they haven't got a shot; it's a completely different thing o see a guy polling at 6% and thinking, "people are gonna wake up"... and it's even more depressing to think that all these RP fans think he doesn't have a chance due to a conspiracy....

Now you're just ranting. I have no idea of what you are talking about conspiracy.

Please don't say isolationist....IF YOU WERE YOU EVEN THINKING THAT. STOP. It will only show ur ignorance.
His Non-interventionism approach to his foreign policy is the idea that there is no reason to be spending OUR(working people of america)money policing the world, especially when we have 900 bases around the world while over here in the States we are using the word trillions as our deficit, and some of the elderly and us will be SOL with SS/Medicare. Bro we've been in a "War" spending money for 10 years!!! Not to mention all the little human being life experiences of our military personal being wasted, what the funk man 10 years for what was thought to be 1 guy then weapons of mass destruction then a dictator, then more dictators. WHEN DOES IT END. But here we are in america living in comatose, until it personally effects you...how selfish.

See now you are you using the words "fringe".. oh I can feel the power running through your viens.

I don't get how you say it's depressing.... I explained to you how his movement should actually speak volumes for who he is, that's amazing!!!(especially when over coming the oversaturated negativity that people try to portray of the guy) It shows you that us "people" can have an impact, and can think for themselves not what's fed through your tv; a perfect example of "Deny Ignorance". I hope you know he wasn't going to run for president 2012, but was convinced and pushed by all his supporters to make another run, because his methods and message holds true.

Referring to Tupacs question, It always seems alot of people who discredit ron paul usually hear one negative article/story about the guy and hold that as truth, without seeking their own knowledge and developing their own perspective.

PS... go look up different polls, there are so many inconsistencies with numbers, and What I find even more hilarious is how PERRY is up at the top, but if you look into TEXAS voting for Ron Paul vs Perry, Ron Paul wins. And both from TEXAS should be for telling.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

ha! That wasn't even vaguely a rant... more just wistful and reflective rumination.

As far as me inventing the idea that people think that people conspire against RP, well that's crazy. There must be a couple thousand posts on ATS about the "MSM" and "TPTM" and the "Global Elite" and the "corporate media" conspiring to keep RP from getting coverage. And hundreds more about "rigged polls" to stop RP.

I would say, if anyone is ranting, it's you, when you say crazy crap like:

"oh I can feel the power running through your [sic] viens "

I don't feel "power" from referring to him as a fringe candidate. It's just a fact. IT's like saying I "feel power" by saying "Radiohead is a band from England"... ooh the power.

You don't get what I find depressing? OK, I'll explain: all you RP fans are gonna be might sad and feel might disenfranchised when RP loses, badly. On top of that, those that endlessly spot conspiracy theories about him will feel that your lack of faith in democracy in America is justified. That's sad.

As far as polls go, yes, polls can be quite mixed, esp so early in a contest, but... RP's trending down, not up... that trend is real and will only continue if people like Palin enter the contest.

You can either see this as me calmly expressing my opinion or as a rant.

You will def see RP losing badly though. It's not that I wish him to lose the nomination, it's that his fellow Repubs won't support him.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
With ranting, I mean just pulling sh1t out of you ass.

It's obviously not a conspiracy, because it's pretty blatantly obvious that they construe RP. John Stewart made what people already knew, known with evidence of video clips.

With his Ideologies he's far from a Fringe Candidate.... As people have already explained to you.

You are absolutely wrong it's hilarious, but more depressing.

Depressing? This is exciting that this many people are becoming aware of politics regardless if he wins or not. I've already explained that aswell.

Absolutely wrong again. RP's Fanbase(polls/media/ideologies) has been and only grows, that's blatantly obvious as well or else none of this would be happening.

Stop being stubborn. I can't help you any further, you're gunna have to want to push the change.... I can only hope I'm not talking to some1 slightly or fully retarded, because you seem to be rehashing the same things, as people give you obvious answers.

PS... Also gave you his foreign Policy, but that seemed to go right over your head.

Get the message out my friend regardless if he wins or loses. What are you scared of.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I'm a liberal. Essentially every policy he has, except for some of his foreign policy stuff, I disagree with.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Ok, well listen, you don't know what ranting means then. On top of that, he is decidedly a fringe candidate. EG: ask what % of Americans think Social Security is unconstitutional. The answer is prolly less than 5%.

Primary season is known for pols appealling to the extremes in their party. Then they move to the middle for a national campaign. The difference between a mainstream Republican and RP is that a mainstream Repub has the ability to win the activists AND the moderates. RP does not appeal to moderates at all. And he will be crushed again in the primaries. You don't have to believe me; just wait and see who's right.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Btw I have no interest in pushing the change Paul represents. He's an honest guy who I honestly disagree with.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Yours is just one opinion among millions and incase you hadn't noticed, you are definitely in the minority here on ATS..

You say you don't like his policies but don't mention what policies you'd like to see..
Maybe find another site where saying nothing is cooler..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Milions will have tears in their eyes when Ron Paul start to bring troops home

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Tears of joy from family members

and tears of sadness from the likes of Cheney etc..

win/win

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by xavi1000

Tears of joy from family members

and tears of sadness from the likes of Cheney etc..

win/win

exactly that ..also tears of joy from many citizens around the world ...new world history of peace and prosperity will emerge !
Go Ron Paul 2012 !!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I assume this is in an alternate universe.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

So what policies would YOU like to see coming from your presidential choice??

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Are you actually not sane?

It's perfectly reasonable to dislike something without positing an alternative.

Here's a good example:

I don't like tomatoes on sandwiches. So if I have a burger, no tomatoes.

In your world I'd need to replace those tomatoes with something.

Why?

In addition, as you seem to be so simple minded you think that Ron Paul is the PERFECT candidate for everyone, I'll list a few of his policies that most liberals wouldn't like:

"Paul advocates withdrawing U.S. participation and funding from organizations he believes override American sovereignty, such as the United Nations, the International Criminal Court, the Law of the Sea Treaty, the WTO, NATO, and the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America."

Disagree

"During the Cold War, he supported Reagan's Strategic Defense Initiative"

Disagree

"Paul was the lone member out of 415[79] voting to oppose a House measure to create a National Archives exhibit on slavery and Reconstruction, seeing this as an unauthorized use of taxpayer money"

Disagree

He would eliminate many federal government agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Education,[81] the U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Department of Commerce,[82] the US Department of Health and Human Services,[82] the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Interstate Commerce Commission and the Internal Revenue Service,[83]

Disagree with most of that

"he often requests earmarks for bills that he supposedly knows will pass no matter which way he votes. For example, in 2007, he requested nearly $400 million dollars in earmarks in bills he voted against"

Disagree

He has asserted that Congress had no power to impose a direct income tax and supports the repeal of the sixteenth amendment.

Disagree

"He has also called for the removal of all taxes on gold transactions."

Disagree

"Paul endorses defederalization of the health care system. Paul also states that he has an opposition to virtually all federal interference with the market process"

Disagree Disagree

"Paul was one of only three members of Congress that voted against the Sarbanes-Oxley Act"

Disagree

"Paul believes that prayer in public schools should not be prohibited at the federal or state level"

Disagree

Quote: "The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers."

Disagree

"In 1997, Paul introduced a Constitutional amendment giving states the power to prohibit the destruction of the flag of the United States."

Disagree

"He believes the internet should be free from government regulation and taxation, and is opposed to internet gambling restrictions"

Disagree

"Paul has been criticized for voting against legislation to help catch online child predators"

Disagree

"He has also fought for the right of pilots to be armed."

Disagree

"When asked whether individuals should be allowed to own machine guns, Paul responded, "Whether it's an automatic weapon or not is, I think, irrelevant.""

Disagree

Quote: "So practically speaking, the assault weapons ban does nothing to make us safer."

Disagree

"Paul believes that juries deserve the status of tribunals, and that jurors have the right to judge the law as well as the facts of the case."

Disagree

"In 1997, Paul voted to end affirmative action in college admissions."

Disagree

"Paul calls himself "strongly pro-life"[201] and "an unshakable foe of abortion."

Disagree

"Paul stated in August 2007 that at the state level "capital punishment is a deserving penalty for those who commit crime"

Disagree

--

How much more do you want?

Would you feel better if maybe you drew up an entire list of every single one of his opinions and we went through it one by one?

RP is a LIBERTARIAN (I am not) and a REPUBLICAN (I am not).

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Presidents have to have literally thousands of policies.

Can you be more specific?

I have always like Dennis Kucinich, another fringe candidate.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

How much more do you want?

What the hell.

I asked what policies you'd like to see..

ALL you did was state a few sketchy situations you disagree with but without giving your view on what you'd like to see..

What a waste of time you are..
Troll away mate, I'm done....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join