It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Strange Belief that just makes sense to me.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I have noticed over the years that some people get Deja Vu more often than others. I get it pretty frequently. I don't now how many times I have just been around other people and the exclaim!!! I have seen this before. But they couldn't tell you what was going to happen next. Well at least most of the time.

I usually explain to them that Deja Vu is like a marker in your life that tells you that your headed in the right direction. It's just something I really believe in.

Now I am a firm believer that we all have some reason to be here. We all have purpose. Sometimes we know and sometimes we don't.

My thought on Deja Vu is that it is marker in your life letting you know that you are following the correct path.

For example if you are supposed to be a doctor but you are in school to be an actor. Something happens that changes your mind and you decide to change your major to medicine. This is when Deja Vu steps in and says now your on the right path. And you see the vision of the corrected path.

Not sure if that makes much sense but it does to me.
edit on 28-8-2011 by bftroop because: saved to early

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
strange indeed

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Yes, I believe that is definitely strange...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
i think hes saying the belief in nothing?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
yeah that does make sense....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mesaana

Perhaps...but I'm not sure if that's as bad as belief in infinity (which I guess would be everything). I mean seriously, have you ever TRIED to comprehend infinity? Just sit back sometime and try to do so.

On a side note - you read the Wheel of Time?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ever heard the joke...

"How do you keep a moron in suspense?"

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Answer:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

LOL I should have left it blank. Saved to early.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

My wife just read it. Sorry for the no post. LOL

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This makes sense to me. It may also explain why my occurences of Deja-Vu have dwindled to very rare to never. I used to experience Deja Vu quite often and had a happier (or at least brighter) disposition. My life never seemed too far off track.

Now I never experience Deja Vu. I'm pretty sure my life course is WAY off track and that the fond memories of this mental anomaly will never return. Good theory

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

I get you. I think you may be correct, as it seemingly comes upon me when I try new things. It could also be an indicator of something. Deja Vu happens in bad circumstances too. It may be that when we plan our lives here on earth we get little affirmations that the situation we are in was part of the plan.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Seriously, I'm pretty sure I have read this thread before!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hm. You do realize deja vu is not a "strange belief"? It's just a little phenomenon that occurs when one's senses trigger the sensation of memories....

Just a little glitch in the machine.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have been experiencing deja vu very frequently the last few months....It has been quite odd actually.
However, for the first time...I do believe I am finally on track and doing what I should be doing.
So perhaps your theory is correct.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I do think dejavu is a significant experience but I don't think it's to do with someone being on the right path. I quite often get dejavu before something bad happens to me. I actually had the most frequent dejavu experiences while I was in an abusive relationship as well as using drugs. Now that I am clean, and in a stable healthy relationship I do not get dejavu as often. The last time I experienced dejavu I was driving my friend home, and shortly after my timing belt went. Good theory OP but I don't think it means you're on the " right path "

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
What about a Déjà Vu experience gained from dreaming?

I hardly ever experience Déjà Vu during the normal course of life.

However, I often get that mind-numbing and paralytic feeling of Déjà Vu when travelling and seeing a house or building that I instantaneously recognize from a dream that I had. It is bizarre just how often I will experience this. As an example, I would walk into a strange house, see a corridor, and immediately be hit with an intense Déjà Vu feeling. My mind would then immediately recall a dream that I had (even though the dream is years old and have been consciously all but forgotten) in which I saw that exact corridor, and I can at then at that point recall other events surrounding the dream.

Any similar dream Déjà Vu experiences for others here on ATS?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What if deja vu simply is you remembering something from a past life. You have lived this life before infinite amount of times and you keep coming back living it over and over again, because you let the deja vu control your path. You are doing the same thing over and over again wich in return brings your energy back to where it was.

Just a thought :p

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Then how come I have deja vu while seeing something I have never seen before in my life...

My friend had just bought one the Ness games for Super Nintendo and he was playing it for the first time... anyway, there's a part where Jeff gets into a flying saucer. It flies him around the town for awhile before bringing him to this place where ness and the girl are (can't remember her name. For the record, the only image I've seen in this game prior to watching him play was a picture of the yellow submarine (from the beatles movie) in one of the caves in the game... Anyways, the whole time the saucer was flying him around I had de ja vu... so for a good 15 seconds... Tell me, how is that memory activated when there is ABSOLUTELY no way I could have ever seen this before...

Deja vu is a phenomenon we as of yet do not currently understand... I think the OP is on the right track with this one...

ps, I've been getting de ja vu quite frequently recently (last 6-8 months)... it never used to happen as frequently as it does now... It's slowed down a bit compared to earlier this year, but I have honestly experienced de ja vu maybe 20 times just this year, compared to the maybe 2 times a year it would usually happen
edit on 30-8-2011 by SpreadLoveNotHate because: postscript

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join