It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

Originally posted by semicolonsmile

Originally posted by Ghostfreak1
Why does captured ufos are always at best a few dots of lights ?

If you go somewhere undercover (if there are visitors, it's obvious they are undercover... would have gone public already otherwise) with your car by night, do you switch on the lights ?
Would be kinda dumb huh ?

What makes people think that a civilization that can travel accross space into huge distances would NEED to use some lights of any kind ? We have infrared vision and other night vision technologies already... Why wouldn't they ?

There is also the possibility that whatever it is the theoretical alien spaceship uses to travel at the rate of speed they do generates some sort of light. I'm not saying that's what this is, but I've seen this argument a couple times and there really is no way of knowing what those lights really are, or what they really do if they are indeed alien.

Plus, its really cloudy outside.

For sure.

and ghostfreak,
you talk of such an "advanced alien species".. "yet they can't hide their lights".. lol, what?
What makes you think such an advanced species/race would NEED to hide from us little children down here on earth?
If it was an advanced race of people from elsewhere..
and they were able to travel the stars...
why on earth would they need to "hide" from our pathetic little asses? lol

They could also be our own craft, for sure.
but even then... Still interesting!

edit on 27-8-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

Did it ever occur to you that they are not trying to hide anymore? Let me be the first to tell you, hiding they are not.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What is it about these objects that suggests they're not chinese lanterns?!

I don't see any movement that couldn't be explained by air currents.

I've seen objects similar to this, but much higher and making extremely fast and sudden acceleration, stopping and turning. These guys just seem to float around!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Chinese lanterns or flares.

No point in me arguing with you guys, you belive its aliens and nothing will change your minds....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Who would drop flares and release Lanterns at a time like that? Logic clearly Debunks most of the "Logical Explanations" people try to give this video.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

Who would drop flares and release Lanterns at a time like that? Logic clearly Debunks most of the "Logical Explanations" people try to give this video.

The national guard drop flares...maybe they were making sure they worked.

Chinese lanterns are always being released. If i were to release 5 lanterns and film them, then upload the video to Youtube i can GUARANTEE a huge amount of people would say they were UFO's and claim to have seen them.

Like i say...no point arguing with you die hard believers, anything that has a light on it is a UFO nowadays...is kinda sad

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
To those who seem frustrated that most recent videos seem to show only points of light I feel your pain. Do bear in mind , though, that of the 3 common theories of anti-grav propulsion out there, I think 2 of them are believed to seriously distort time-space. SO even if the craft were sitting still 50 meters from you, you might not be able to see or film anything but a colorful blur. As for the argument about why pilots of 'foreign' stealthy surveillance craft "allow" light to be seen at all, I suggest that the concern is not whether or not their presence is detectable. They have traveled our atmosphere for decades without impunity - seen or not. The big secret is the prize inside the box.

Certainly any city as big as NYC is going to get reports of weird lights all the time. UFOs are known to be present often for significant events the world over. I think what could be helpful is if people who are skywatchers like me equip themselves with not just a cellphone camera, but maybe a compass ( to observe possible magnetic field fluctuations), recording of GPS data, weather data and 'people' data (Make contact with others who are watching the same phenomenon and exchange contact info.) Crank the car radio dial a bit to see if anything unusual is happening on the radio am/fm bands. Check as many watches and clocks as you can to detect any time anomalies. (These are sometimes observed in the presence of machinery using large magnetic fields.) Nothing expensive here to buy. Just be a better skywatcher when you can.

Also, watch for any physical symptoms you may notice within your own bodies. Watch for electrostatic charges, hair on your arm standing up, feelings of euphoria or sedation. Check for any ringing in your ears, sour tastes in your mouth, faulty balance, muscular twitching, smell of ozone in the air - possible effects of impending contact. Check for emotions that seem out of place or which are not expected, too. These are all possible signs of imminent contact or of a possible contact effort being made. Quiet your mind and steady your emotions as much as possible. This could have an unexpectedly positive impact on the event.

We have lots of video footage and I am sure all that is just going to keep coming. We need people to have enough presence of mind to observe how the presence of these machines seems to impact OUR machinery. It used to be that engines would shut down and radios would become useless. Now, for some reason, the cars do NOT seem to shut down as much anymore and the radios seem to work at least... better.

The more good data the public has, the harder it would be for the 'authorities' to run their usual UFO RESPONSE protocol of Ignore first, ridicule the observers next, offer implausible explanations next. Finally, Ignore to the point of losing all credibility. This seems to be the standard operation procedure.If you do not get something approaching a reasonable response, then you very likely have witnessed a true phenomenon and it is time to get very excited. Good job!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Wouldnt there be some announcement of Flare Dropping over a populated area?

Not in the Bronx. No one cares about releasing lanterns at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MTerence
I really do hope this ends up being a real video, and maybe was spotted by other people as well. Once again, thanks for posting for me

You're forgetting The first law of ATS,

It only takes ONE A-Hole to get on here and scream "Hoax" or "fake" or "This has been debunked" to make everyone forget about it and totally derail any and all serious discussion.
So no,for our purposes here, it's NOT real!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I dont know what them lights are.

It is kind of strange how all these UFO videos are always lights in the sky.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

Maybe what ever is up there wants up to notice it...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
Combine this with all of the Irene hype and it might be forming a bigger picture. I hope I'm wrong.
Now I do not usually go in for this whole HAARP thing but this storm could have been created to block the view to the sky over a large land area because it was known in advance that this show was going to take place.
The thing is, I am located right in the heart of the mid atlantic region. I am at 36.05 N 76.32 W. I started feeling the effects of Irene around 4PM on Friday. It built to a strong tropical storm around 1:pm yesterday. In the after noon it was just squally and breezy with some stiff gusts. The storm finally passed us around 11PM -midnight last night with the very tail end disappearing around 7:30 or 8:00 this morning.
We did our clean up with a rake and broom. A tour of the neighborhood reveals similar damage. The TV helicopter is showing damage along the shore, flooding in low lying areas and piers that will need rebuilding. Not much in the way of structural damage. Some trees and of course the power outages. Still, the damage is that of a weak tropical storm and the one thing totally missing this sunny morning is the sound of chain saws. No saws going. It lasted long. Long enough to totally wear me out. I posted the conditions throughout the day on the Hurricanes 2011 thread if you're interested in a play by play. Still MSM is broadcasting like this is some kind of disaster and telling people to stay off the streets. It is 77 degrees, sunny and breezy. A beautiful day. But the Red Cross is bringing in 30 of those big trucks. And yesterday FEMA was on TV all day saying they had food for millions of people.
edit on 28-8-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
"V" is for Victory.

The fabricated fake event by the cabal called Irene has been thwarted by our friends above.

source

Anyone w/ a functional brain can see the V signal they have sent to us as a clear message.

Last night from the Bronx our friends displayed a distinctive V signal.

On October 13th 2010 over Manhattan they displayed the same V signal.

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Great video, looks real to me, I really don't think that lanterns move across the sky like that LOL.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
i'm sorry, what kind of flares behave in that manner? people reach far to deny what they don't know about or are scared of. you're imagination needs an upgrade. "this chinese lantern took me aboard for some dna testing and a flare anal probed me while i was in a frozen state of seeing reflections off a building" ;I ....wow, you almost have to be working for the evil enemy.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Have to say that i looked at both videos, this one and the one on youtube, very interesting. I think that this is not faked, but im no expert, strange that it happens right before a hurricane. Aliens evacuating!!! LOL

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

Who would stand around filming it at a time like that?

Clearly, people are strange...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by freedommusic

Interesting theory. I watched the GOES sat. and the trough that was too week to push Irene out to sea started to lift northward from its lower southwestern edge. Then all this really dry air from the southwest rushed into the void. It was pulled in by the energy of Irene and where her southwestern feeder bands should have been picking up nice moist air from the gulf stream, it was picking up hot dry air from the southwest. It wrapped around the outer edges of the storm just as it came ashore in NC. All day I watched as the southwestern portion of the storm fell apart. The big chunk of dry air just kept eating away at the feeder bands so that Irene just about starved to death. I can tell you first hand from the middle of the thick of things that this storm was not the monster they were claiming it was. It died fast and hard.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i actually just ran over here to say what you guys were saying about this... It was also posted here: www.worldstarhiphop.com...

I think this should get SOME consideration seeing as "black folks" thought it was credible enough to put up on a hip hop site. Culture means everything, and WE call it like we see it. Before anyone is offended by that statement, all im saying is we don't typically give a rats @$$ about stuff like this. I think that if this is REAL, this is the type of "slap-in-the-face" that the MSM needs to display for real disclosure.

The audio is really believable, however, I know that there is alot of miltary activity in this area due to Tropical Storm Irene, but it DOES look suspect.

On a side note, how did so many people lose power yesterday due the "storm" so instantaneously???(like 2mil?) War of the Worlds anyone???

edit on 28-8-2011 by AnonLover because: somewhat racial

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Malkuth

So is what you are saying basically, in this case it's Chinese lanterns over New York on 26/08/11, and that it has nothing to do with Irene, since 'she' had not arrived yet.

Some more footage from the original site,

www.youtube.com...#!

www.youtube.com...

edit on 28-8-2011 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It seems like it's just a matter of time until we get some good hard evidence for what we all know is real.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join