It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrrr
reply to post by MilzGatez

I'm going to make this very simple for you to understand. When you zoom in on something that is a good deal of a distance away, movement becomes greatly exaggerated. Example: Watch a comet with the naked eye, seems to be moving relatively slow across the night sky. Now take a telescope and tell me how much you have to move the telescope to keep the comet within the eyesight.

The Bronx video is taken from a much greater distance than the lantern video. Watch the Bronx video again and tell me how fast the lower light takes to reach the lights (lanterns) that have already reached their maximum velocity. Plus, if your an alien civilization that just travel who knows how far, wouldn't you have fixed the problem of flickering lights on your space craft?

lol i wasnt born yesterday
you can talk out your butt as much as you want SIMPLE FACT you were not there to calculate distance
all yours doing is guesstimating from a crap quality video .... this isn't proper debunking

i haven't once said anything about aliens i haven't even said exactly what they are...because i don't know i can admit that
allot of people here think they know everything and you don't... so stop trying to act like oyu do

edit on 28-8-2011 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I'm going to make this very simple for you to understand. When you zoom in on something that is a good deal of a distance away, movement becomes greatly exaggerated. Example: Watch a comet with the naked eye, seems to be moving relatively slow across the night sky. Now take a telescope and tell me how much you have to move the telescope to keep the comet within the eyesight.

The Bronx video is taken from a much greater distance than the lantern video. Watch the Bronx video again and tell me how fast the lower light takes to reach the lights (lanterns) that have already reached their maximum velocity. Plus, if your an alien civilization that just travel who knows how far, wouldn't you have fixed the problem of flickering lights on your space craft?

Ok but this isnt a comet so you cannot compare this to that........you're way off with that one..... try something else to compare...

Are you serious? much greater distance?........

To me, it seems like the Bronx lights are closer than the ones that shows in New York City(manhattan) (where I live in) footage. Why I say this? because when you look inside the city from the Bronx,Queens,Brooklyn.. and you know the areas good enough... You can tell difference with distances cause the city has all those skyscrapers as reference point.

In fact, the Lantern video in Manhattan are also higher than the Bronx lights.

So here we have........ Bronx lights are lower and closer than the lantern lights over Manhattan.

All that flickering could be communications signals and nothing more........ dont assume that ists damage or has a problem..... it could be normally fine to them as they see it... if they were Aliens
edit on 28-8-2011 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Please, stop with the simple minded-ness. When I speak of distance, I am talking about the zoom. I'm tired of trying to convince you these are lanterns. You have even helped me in this case as soon as you posted the lantern video. I haven't heard one thing from your side explaining to me how this is a ufo besides "look, how it moves all weird. oh no, a triangle!"

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Got a poster "michellinda25" repeating that these were last-minute celebrations for her sister's passing on Youtube.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 3xil3

Correct again, I do not know everything. Proper debunking?
Dropping oxymorons now I see

link   
reply to post by ergastulum

Can you provide a link?

link   

Originally posted by torsion

The guy with the camera moves further down the street after filming the initial 4 visible lanterns. The other lanterns that are revealed in the next shot of the sky were previously hidden behind the building.

he was on a side street all he did was cross the street ...counted 5 sec the camera wasn't pointed on objects before he got to other side and panned back up on objects didn't pass by buildings that would reveal other objects. he was pretty much in same point of view

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This was in memory of Yaritza Pacheco that passed away 8/21/11 by a stray bullet on 174th st.

michellinda25 3 minutes ago
These are not ufos. These were lanterns released in memory of my lil sis who passed away.

michellinda25 8 minutes ago

And just in case you think this lady is talking out of here AAA www.dailymail.co.uk...

-Time for a nap
edit on 28-8-2011 by Arrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

Thats unfortunate. Do they have a video of them releasing these lanterns or any witnesses to the releasing of these lanterns.?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
i give up

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

My guess would be yes, but the nature of this being a personal matter, I would find it hard for her to post just to debunk a ufo story.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

This was in memory of Yaritza Pacheco that passed away 8/21/11 by a stray bullet on 174th st.

michellinda25 3 minutes ago
These are not ufos. These were lanterns released in memory of my lil sis who passed away.

michellinda25 8 minutes ago

And just in case you think this lady is talking out of here AAA www.dailymail.co.uk...

No doubt the Believers will accuse her of being a paid government disinfo agent black ops debunker CIA troll.

link   
Pretty awesome capture! I was going in and out on my roof before the storm came in (I live in Brooklyn) to try and see if I saw the usual light orbs in the sky, but to no avail. I should've checked after the storm, but I was sleeping soundly.

Thanks for the vid link!

link   
reply to post by 3xil3

Probably for the best

link   
reply to post by Arrrr

Why do so many "believers" automatically assume a light in the sky is alien in origin? Why would aliens capable of space travel need lights? I would think an advanced space faring race wouldn't need lights plastered all over their spacecraft to navigate. Maybe they do it for the lulz?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Can you do a screen capture of this or provide a link. Just want to be 100% sure

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tralfamador

That was never said on this tread. Its obviously you are here to just bash Believers instead of contributing. You should leave.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Here's the link to the youtube video- www.youtube.com... She's one of the most recent comments -michellinda25

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

Thank you. I will talk to this person and i will do research on her deceased relative.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Please, stop with the simple minded-ness. When I speak of distance, I am talking about the zoom. I'm tired of trying to convince you these are lanterns. You have even helped me in this case as soon as you posted the lantern video. I haven't heard one thing from your side explaining to me how this is a ufo besides "look, how it moves all weird. oh no, a triangle!"

Well Im talking about is not zooming but the normal views........ Bronx doesnt zoom in..... the Manhattan video the guy zooms in but also has it at normal focus during the video.

Therefore, take into consideration of viewing the manhattan video without the zooming part and there, you can compare the distance like I did..

So can YOU please stop with your simple narrow mind.

It seem like you just giving up on this ........you running out explainations

And exactly, its a UFO, unidentified flying object so I can not explain to you something that I or you do not know what it is........ and dont say its lanterns... All I could only do is analyze the movement,the distances and the brightness.
edit on 28-8-2011 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join