It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood vaccines are largely safe, U.S. panel finds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

www.msnbc.msn.com

After a close review of more than 1,000 research studies, a federal panel of experts has concluded that vaccines cause very few side effects, and found no evidence that vaccines cause autism or type 1 diabetes.

The report, issued on Thursday by the Institute of Medicine, part of the National Academies of Sciences, is the first comprehensive report on vaccine side effects since 1994.

Fears that vaccines might cause autism or other health problems have led some parents to skip vaccinating their children, despite repeated reassurances from health authorities. The concerns have also force
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I've always vaccinated my kids, just like I was vaccinated as a kid. I'm not going to send my child to school with the kids of these paranoids unprotected from diseases that were all but extinct a decade ago. This is just my opinion on the matter, and I won't tell someone their wrong for raising their child differently, but it just seems that this is a situation where the benefits greatly out-weigh the potential drawbacks.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Some of these vaccines aren't necessary, who do you know in the USA or UK, wherever you at. Has polio ? Some of the stuff they vaccinate for are diseases from third world countries. When I got vaccines as a kid, they made me sick as a dog. I don't know about you, but vomiting, running high fevers and getting swollen lumps from where I got the Jab; isn't exactly fun.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So bascically only 10% of your children will die or get disorders.

That is acceptable.

Mercury.. bad.. k?

edit on 25-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If your kids are all vaccinated, then why would you worry about the "unprotected" unvaccinated kids at school? If your kids have protection, then what's with the concerns?

If I ran a billion dollar industry, I'm sure I could find at least one publisher to say my products were safe.... since safe can legally mean only 1 in 100 have side effects.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
At last, a study that says once and for all just what we knew all along. It will still result in people saying that this research was funded by 'big pharma'/ the nwo/ illuminati etc... anything that will allow them to stay in their own little paranoid world.

I'd don your flaming gear, this is going to be a loooong ride.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
oh thank you so much expert panel

thank you for clearing up the air for me about vaccines !

What would we ever do without your expertise

i wonder how many on the panel were on the big pharma pay roll to one degree or another

now we can all inject our children without any cause of alarm

the government told us so

don't worry folks
edit on 25-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayerish

If everybody in a population is vaccinated, the chances of contracting the disease is near zero. But the more people in a population who do not get vaccinated, the more the whole population is jeopardized.

Imagine a robust individual who is not vaccinated and gets mumps. Before his parents keep him home from school he infects half his classmates, some have been vaccinated and are not affected. Some have not been vaccinated and they get the mumps. Most recover. Maybe one of the non-vaccinated dies.

There may also be a child who was vaccinated but who is not very robust and she gets infected by several people, some of whom have been vaccinated and some who have not. Both can be carriers of the virus. The weak but vaccinated girl dies.

Does this mean the vaccine doesn't work? No. It means that if some people don't get vaccinated they can jeopardize those who do. On the other hand, if most people have been vaccinated, those in the population who haven't been vaccinated benefit from the actions of the others and get protection against the disease without being vaccinated. If too many people take this free-ride approach, the group suffers.

Copy and pasted from a reply I made in another thread a while ago

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
www.sacbee.com/2011/08/18/3846813/us-department-of-state-urged-to.html

United Nations is banning Mercury in Vaccines......US still uses it in vaccines.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Is any of that factually proven to be true, or is it guesstimates and theories? It is NOT facts, but like with most corporations, they can use inconclusive studies to claim what they want, and do the reverse and say the tests are inconclusive for their arguments.

Vaccines CAN BE dangerous, it's a risk. How did mnakind make it hundreds of thousands of years without vaccines? ---Immune systems---

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

United Nations is banning Mercury in Vaccines......US still uses it in vaccines.

Well, the TV said a deadly element "may be" helpful not harmful, so I guess you should all believe it without prejudice or concern.... if you don't, you are "paranoid".

Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

So does the UK.

Developed countries eh

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

That is acceptable.

Mercury.. bad.. k?

Mercury not in most childhood vaccines...k? www.fda.gov...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

Originally posted by JennaDarling

That is acceptable.

Mercury.. bad.. k?

Mercury not in most childhood vaccines...k? www.fda.gov...

It is in the UK. it is used in vaccines and dentistry.

I notice you said "most", well it shouldnt be in ANY.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Is there any way to keelhaul a thread?

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems like the appropriate thing to do.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
At last, a study that says once and for all just what we knew all along. It will still result in people saying that this research was funded by 'big pharma'/ the nwo/ illuminati etc... anything that will allow them to stay in their own little paranoid world.

I'd don your flaming gear, this is going to be a loooong ride.

Yup, OK!!

I'll take the governments words for it. They are ever soo reliable. When I think back to the NIST explantion of 911, I feel truly safe and confident in the government.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Some of these vaccines aren't necessary, who do you know in the USA or UK, wherever you at. Has polio ? Some of the stuff they vaccinate for are diseases from third world countries. When I got vaccines as a kid, they made me sick as a dog. I don't know about you, but vomiting, running high fevers and getting swollen lumps from where I got the Jab; isn't exactly fun.

And what exactly do you think is the cause for these being third world diseases and no longer in the industrialized countries? Vaccines are the reason we are able to make such a claim. Also, you let an almost extinct disease like the mumps or measles get another foothold in our society and the chance for spontaneous mutation goes through the roof. But you all would rather cite the boogeyman in the government closet for your woes instead of taking a proactive step in giving your children the best chance they can have at a healthy, long life.

Call my a disinfo agent, debunker, government plant...whatever. I have a neighbor whose child was down with the mumps for a month and a half because they were afraid of the vaccines. My kid hasn't had anything worse than strep throat since he was born. That's a one child example, but it's more than enough for me.
edit on 8/25/2011 by KILL_DOGG because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG

www.msnbc.msn.com

After a close review of more than 1,000 research studies, a federal panel of experts has concluded that vaccines cause very few side effects, and found no evidence that vaccines cause autism or type 1 diabetes.

What causes autism?

If they dont know what causes it how can they say vaccines dont cause it?
Basically they are saying an autism rate of 1 male in 55 is normal.

edit on 25-8-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

The amounts of thimerosal in a few versions of chilhood vaccines are small; check the link for a look. Thimerosal, also known as merthiolate, a common topical antiseptic of the recent past, is readily excreted from the body and is far less dangerous than mercury compounds found in tuna fish.
If you are worried about mercury poisoning, check the label on any vaccine that is to be administered to your children. They will be protected from disease and mercury poisoning. For better results, stop eating tuna.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by JennaDarling

The amounts of thimerosal in a few versions of chilhood vaccines are small; check the link for a look. Thimerosal, also known as merthiolate, a common topical antiseptic of the recent past, is readily excreted from the body and is far less dangerous than mercury compounds found in tuna fish.
If you are worried about mercury poisoning, check the label on any vaccine that is to be administered to your children. They will be protected from disease and mercury poisoning. For better results, stop eating tuna.

I am aware of the risks of Tuna fish, infact it is advised against eating Tuna fish if you are pregnant due to the mercury.

Mercury should not be added in ANY amount to any healthcare product.

Infact if you ask your doctor for an alternative in the UK, he has to get you one. they will.

I mentioned to dentists in europe that the UK still uses mercury, they looked at me in horror, lots of children in the UK have god knows what level of mercury in their teeth. Sure it is locked in with aliminum and tin (Alu is also connected with alsheimers) but it leaks.

Mercury should never be used in ANY form in any healthcare product. regardless whether for adults or children or for whatever purpose.

It should also not be used in those energy lights it gives of vapour and it does contaiminate when the bulbs break and they do.

Use mercury for powering your UFO's and science, nowhere else.

Thimersaol is being phased out in many places in vaccinations, if it was safe, why would they phsase it out?

Becasuse they are getting their asses sued off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join