It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi
reply to post by Hanslune

Well I don't want to get sidetracked into arguing about the existence of UFOs etc., so for now I'll set that matter aside and just say that most people don't believe in Bigfoot or UFOs, and even those that do believe in them do not worship them, or form entire cultures and codes of law around them, or start wars over them, or any of the other things that religions tend to make people do, either good or bad.

And it seems like you're implying--correct me if I'm wrong--that all religions are collections of urban legends. Is that right? Because I think it's quite a bit more than that, even from the standpoint that the "supernatural" parts are complete falsehoods.

Pretty much so; all religions ancient and modern have those who state they can see or hear gods, some have epiphany, or contact with them and go forth to explain them. Many of the myths teach where and why something is or where it came from. Story telling. Until we invented science our invention of religion was the tool we used to explain the world around us.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well, who they were isn't as important as how they did it. Although Leedskenin probably used magnetic levitation, you don't need magnetic levitation to build stonehenge. After all, this man from Michigan is doing it without magnetic levitation using only class II and Class III levers in order to do it.

This is Mr. Wallyton, building a replica of Stonehenge using only concrete blocks weighing up to a ton. he says he can build the Pyramids using this method. Here is his website: www.theforgottentechnology.com... You don't need mag-lev to build most megalithic structures. But it would be nice to have, yes?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EltonJ
Well, who they were isn't as important as how they did it. Although Leedskenin probably used magnetic levitation,

Absurd.

He used an electric winch with block and tackle. He even left pictures of it.

Harte

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I would add that the coral blocks he used are not 'magnetic'.

Oh don't forget the gas engine he used to charge the batteries on the electric winch.

As I mention to all who believe in such tales - the only way to prove such extraordinary claims is to "re-discover' how he did it and demonstrate these amazing powers.

The fringe response to this simple solution is usually silence, a cry that the ebil gubmint will supress them or that 'we need to have higher ranges of vibration - or some such' to do it....
edit on 23/9/11 by Hanslune because: Add in great things

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by KeepYourAnonymity

There were Giants in those days...

If I've learned anything in life it is that society as a whole destroys what it is afraid if.

Giants were portrayed as monsters who ground your bones to make bread.

If they were real once it's very possible they are real today. And if they have even basic intelligence the fear of man could be passed along by lore until it becomes instinct.

And the bigfoot stories are from most of the continents.

I try to keep an open mind to things, I have a buddy who swears he saw a bigfoot in northern Minnesota. He's very believeable, not known to tell stories. In fact, he's only told a few of us, doesn't want the attention it will bring.
edit on 23-9-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I wrote that with the premise on ones perception of what or who a GIANT possibly was. Read a little further I explained it in detail in follow along replies. It's not what many perceive

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amatoremsapeientiae
To slayer69 i feel obligated as a person who is very interested in pre-recorded history to applaud your highly scientific and un-biased approach to such a subject. i also would like to ask a question, could this intermediate hybrid society been the supposed Atlantians, and therefore have been the dominant species before the stories of great floods spread out through most cultures around the world.

Here are some threads of mine that if you haven't already read may be of interest to you.

Enjoy.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2

AND

Mankind's Lost and Forgotten history. A Perspective

I have a few others all available in my profile just click on my avatar name.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Yes, but you missed the point of my post.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
----------------------------------Thread Update-------------------------------------

Now-Extinct Relative Had Sex with Humans Far and Wide

Although we modern humans are the only surviving members of our lineage, other now-extinct human groups once lived alongside our ancestors, including Neanderthals, Denisovans and an as-yet- unnamed lineage recently discovered in Africa. Modern humans even occasionally interbred with these relatives, with estimates suggesting that Neanderthal DNAmakes up1 percent to 4 percent of modern Eurasian genomesand Denisovan DNA 4 percent to 6 percent of modern New Guinean and Bougainville Islander genomes in the islands of Melanesia. [See images of mysterious human ancestor]

Now, using state-of-the-art genome analysis methods, an international team of scientists confirmed that Denisovans must have roamed widely, from Siberia to tropical Southeast Asia. They apparently left a genetic footprint not only in present-day Melanesia, but also in Australia, the Philippines and elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I am not sure if this has been posted already within the thread but for me it is a tightly packed and solid little theory which I find irresistible.

The ultimate proof for an ancient astronaut theory will not be in a megalithic site, won't be finding a crashed spaceship, but it will be found deep within our genes

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sorry, skimmed your post while thinking about the mixing info.

I was going more for the mixing angle, A hybrid if you will.

Also, what did you think about the guy building stonehenge in his backyard?

Pretty interesting stuff.

I'm convinced that technology is taking away our reasoning abilities, we rely to heavily on it.
edit on 26-9-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Now-Extinct Relative Had Sex with Humans Far and Wide

Yes, I had an uncle who was like that.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Slayer, I love this thread so much i signed up today. I have a question for you, I haven't seen it mentioned
before. Is threre any possibilty that an ancient civilisation that was responsible for building megalithic structures may have succumbed to a solar flare or CME type event? I'm going to try to post a link, first time.
Possible ELE Solar event 12,800 years ago.

It seems this date seems to be around the period that some scholars say the pyramids were built and some "conspiracy/ancient history" sites also state some of the ruins in South America were built around the same time.

If there were an advanced civilisation living on our planet at this time, after an CME of ELE proportians would we not be playing catchup for several hundered/thousand years?

Thanks in advance for any light you may shed.
edit on 6-10-2011 by SamuelCrow because: Thanks

edit on 6-10-2011 by SamuelCrow because: spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

It took a couple years to swallow this, but it's the best explanation so far. The people who can never accept this will be the ones going extinct next.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Perhaps Noahs flood was not a world wide event but merely a localised event in which a group of surviviors was subject to another catastrophe? I'm still collecting scources. Let you know how i go. Definately peaked my interest.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

the CC guy said he knew the secret of the Pyramids and in every picture with his tripod there is a box on top of it. I wonder what was in it, maybe one of those "flower fragrance" lightbulb thingies you see carved on that temple wall in Egypt? It's more than just lifting stones, (remember some would require several extremely large modern cranes to lift today) it's quarrying, shaping, transporting, erecting one stone every 8 min 24/7 for a hundred years just for the main pyramids at Giza. In other words the math doesn't add up=not humanly possible. The granite "tub" in the large pyramid at Giza was a solid stone block and was cut with a bit that was spinning like 3 thousand rpm and had to be diamond tipped. They had to have advanced technologies back then period. The Sumerians are saying literally what was going on. Ask yourself why, if you can't accept this. (not saying you can't but maybe somebody else who can't will read this)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SamuelCrow

Read Sitchin's book 12th Planet. it explains the whole thing and makes total sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Just...wow.

Seriously, this post is just freaking great. The OP, I mean. So.Much.Information.
I actually read through it before making a post/responding and I will most likely have to read it through again! (There's just so much there!) But what I like about this most is how it made me think about this whole topic in a different light. I like it, S&F for you my friend!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

All the facts are there!
Are we reading the known facts right?

It's an exercise in speculation

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Is my question too stupid for this forum? My link must not have worked. I'm not as smart as some of the other posters. I found the article interesting although the format looks lik a nazi ufo site.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join